Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

I imagine if DS was driving within speed limits (what is the speed limit) and the possible 'govenor' restriction, plus having a live load, he would be going at a fair pace but not too fast, simply because it's his job and it would be crazy not to do it as quickly as possible but also he wouldn't want to lose his licence or get into any trouble.

So if he was travelling at a decent speed, what could possibly make him slow down and halt? Also what's the breaking distance on this type of truck? What's the equivalent of doing a sudden emergency stop? I'll bet the vehicle still moves a long way even so? Were the roads checked for tyre skids and were the tyres checked for wear and tear? I imagine so.

But if someone flagged DS down (would have to be flashing lights?) and then after he stopped said turn your engine off step out of the vehicle... in all reality some distance would be covered. Would he stop if a car was driving behind him flashing lights or trying to flag him from the rear? Would he even know / be able to see this?

If someone had the grand idea of 'roadblocking' him, wouldn't they risk being run into?

I can only imagine that the only way a person could get a foothold in causing a truck driver to engage with them is a) if they're law enforcement in uniform and official vehicles or b) it's someone they know or c) they were already stationary at a red light or intersection?

JMO MOO
A car going 65 takes about a football field. A fully loaded semi ( about 80,000) takes about 2 football fields. A truck will do what they can to not lock up their brakes. It does a lot of damage. If someone was flashing lights at him from behind, I could see him stopping to see what's up. This is the middle of nowhere not downtown LA. Yes if someone stopped in front of him they could get ran over ( stop break checking big trucks). Truck drivers will stop and help people and do all the time. I could see someone faking an accident or something like that.

A car going 65 takes about a football field. A fully loaded semi ( about 80,000) takes about 2 football fields. A truck will do what they can to not lock up their brakes. It does a lot of damage. If someone was flashing lights at him from behind, I could see him stopping to see what's up. This is the middle of nowhere not downtown LA. Yes if someone stopped in front of him they could get ran over ( stop break checking big trucks). Truck drivers will stop and help people and do all the time. I could see someone faking an accident or something like that.

Thanks for this info. I do wonder about someone faking a breakdown. IMO they must have had a vehicle as they removed him from the crime scene. Even if they acted solo and had to walk back a whole distance to retrieve their vehicle after they'd driven his truck out of the area, slowly, and on a route that DS would not use regardless of situation and parked it in the driveable portion of the road. Wouldn't their DNA be in the cab or on the starter key?

Thanks for this info. I do wonder about someone faking a breakdown. IMO they must have had a vehicle as they removed him from the crime scene. Even if they acted solo and had to walk back a whole distance to retrieve their vehicle after they'd driven his truck out of the area, slowly, and on a route that DS would not use regardless of situation and parked it in the driveable portion of the road. Wouldn't their DNA be in the cab or on the starter key?
Re bolded: Especially since there is some evidence of this kind of thing happening before in that area.
Oh.. forget about what that sheriff’s office posted on their FB…. That it had nothing to do with this case. Fact is, We all know, LE posts all kinds of things to throw off the investigation.
That aside, we here also all have enough common sense, that if someone did it in that area before, they quite possibly did it more than once. JMO

Unless someone knows how to drive a semi, you're not going to just jump in and drive one. But if one was knowledgeable they could possibly jump in and drive without leaving DNA with just normal workwear on, sock hat (cold), bib overalls ( worn to stay warm and to keep clothes clean), gloves (cold and cleanliness), coat, etc.

Unless someone knows how to drive a semi, you're not going to just jump in and drive one. But if one was knowledgeable they could possibly jump in and drive without leaving DNA with just normal workwear on, sock hat (cold), bib overalls ( worn to stay warm and to keep clothes clean), gloves (cold and cleanliness), coat, etc.
If someone knew how to drive a manual 5 speed pickup be able to "limp" a semi down the road 3 miles? It took 22 minutes to go those 3 miles. According to LE, the semi did normal time from the truck stop to the off ramp. That is where something seemed to happen.

If someone knew how to drive a manual 5 speed pickup be able to "limp" a semi down the road 3 miles? It took 22 minutes to go those 3 miles. According to LE, the semi did normal time from the truck stop to the off ramp. That is where something seemed to happen.

100 percent IMO this is where I believe someone else is driving. Quite a few people have chipped in and said that country farming folk learn how to drive all sorts of vehicles and that's also my experience of agricultural vehicles in my home county in the UK (not me, I don't drive) but the farming side of the family they seem to be able to drive anything and everything.

Also, those three miles, it's totally feasible for someone to take over the truck, urgently want to get it out of the picture, drive three miles (badly and slowly) leaving their own vehicle behind -but- knowing they need to walk back to their own vehicle, not go too far. A three mile walk at fast speed to go pick back up your own vehicle wouldn't take long, maybe 40 minutes if it's flat ground. OR two perps?

JMO MOO

Yes it's possible. Does anyone recall the year of his truck?

100 percent IMO this is where I believe someone else is driving. Quite a few people have chipped in and said that country farming folk learn how to drive all sorts of vehicles and that's also my experience of agricultural vehicles in my home county in the UK (not me, I don't drive) but the farming side of the family they seem to be able to drive anything and everything.
I question why even move the semi? Why not just take what you wanted, the person or their possessions and go?

Obviously was not robbery. Wallet and cash were left behind. A 53 year old, thin truck driver would not be my first choice for some sort of "human trafficking" need. I mean, lets face it, truck drivers just tend not to be in prime health because of their job and lifestyle. The stress and meals obtained are just not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Respect them even more because of this btw!

So...Why?

I question why even move the semi? Why not just take what you wanted, the person or their possessions and go?

Obviously was not robbery. Wallet and cash were left behind. A 53 year old, thin truck driver would not be my first choice for some sort of "human trafficking" need. I mean, lets face it, truck drivers just tend not to be in prime health because of their job and lifestyle. The stress and meals obtained are just not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Respect them even more because of this btw!

So...Why?

The fact that the $2000.00 was not taken…. What does that say?
It wasn’t a robbery. So what does that leave?

It is a 1999 Peterbilt
Thanks. I will have to look it up. Newer trucks you can basically tell what the driver was doing in those 20 some minutes, hard breaking, speed, etc. It's not exact and would not tell me if the missed a gear, which would be very likely, but if they killed the engine because they missed the gear you could tell. I really need to go back and read. Did he run local or did he have to run an eld? The year of the truck and hauling pigs would actually leave him exempt from federal regulations.

Thanks. I will have to look it up. Newer trucks you can basically tell what the driver was doing in those 20 some minutes, hard breaking, speed, etc. It's not exact and would not tell me if the missed a gear, which would be very likely, but if they killed the engine because they missed the gear you could tell. I really need to go back and read. Did he run local or did he have to run an eld? The year of the truck and hauling pigs would actually leave him exempt from federal regulations.
From what I have read he did not have to run an ELD. He was doing local runs. HIs DOT is registered for Interstate (probably for the in case need to go over state lines job) but he seemed to only do local runs.

So...Why?

JMO I conclude that only 'the thing' the perp wanted was to get DS out of the picture.

They didn't want his truck. They didn't want his load of livestock - I suspect you'd have to be in a very niche market to know what to do with a 100 baby pigs and plenty of road traffic cameras would spot your journey!

They didn't even want his $2,000 or his debit card (in my country you can 'tap and pay' £100, approx $120, per transaction in stores with no checks on a debit card). They didn't want his ID papers or heavy vehicle truck driver licence, or his mobile phone, etc. Because they wanted nothing of his about their person IMO, because they know him and they knew they might likely be searched / questioned.

What else could they have wanted? To drain / syphon his expensive tank of diesel or gas - we know this is of value? Was there any sign of that?

I assume the perp didn't want his body for nefarious reason in the same way as a woman would be kidnapped and kept alive for abuse but since his body is unknown location I suppose it cannot be ruled out.

JMO but this was 100% personal. He was either targeted by someone he knew very well, knew his route etc and lay in wait in a particular spot knowing he'd be slowed down at a turn off, luring him to stop on a false pretence. OR he stopped to help a friend in need or someone who was genuinely in trouble and in the process, they got into conflict the one lost their temper and took him out.

They drove his truck slowly but proficiently, insofar as it didn't come off the road into the verge or such, just far enough away from the original incident that they could walk back to their vehicle 3 miles back, a very walkable distance and doesn't leave their vehicle abandoned too long. If they're local with good knowledge of the roads, maybe they also put it on a road that had far less passing traffic and would be way less likely to be noticed for many hours to come so they also 'bought time'.

If they understand how Weikmann's works then they know that the piglets won't be missed until operations begin in the morning (what time 0800?) and even then it'll be a little while before anyone identifies that it's DS's 100 hogs not in the pen.

It's either deeply personal, someone who wanted DS out of the picture (for example business competitor), someone he knew so well that a huge argument turned into a rageful murder, or total random lunatic did something inexplicable. My argument against random lunatic is they usually target the vulnerable or 'easy prey' and someone in a huge truck is not that. Maybe random passing gangsters needed help with their vehicle, he provided it, they said thanks for that, shot him dead, ditched his body away from the scene of the shooting?

JMO MOO

JMO I conclude that only 'the thing' the perp wanted was to get DS out of the picture.

They didn't want his truck. They didn't want his load of livestock - I suspect you'd have to be in a very niche market to know what to do with a 100 baby pigs and plenty of road traffic cameras would spot your journey!

They didn't even want his $2,000 or his debit card (in my country you can 'tap and pay' £100, approx $120, per transaction in stores with no checks on a debit card). They didn't want his ID papers or heavy vehicle truck driver licence, or his mobile phone, etc. Because they wanted nothing of his about their person IMO, because they know him and they knew they might likely be searched / questioned.

What else could they have wanted? To drain / syphon his expensive tank of diesel or gas - we know this is of value? Was there any sign of that?

I assume the perp didn't want his body for nefarious reason in the same way as a woman would be kidnapped and kept alive for abuse but since his body is unknown location I suppose it cannot be ruled out.

JMO but this was 100% personal. He was either targeted by someone he knew very well, knew his route etc and lay in wait in a particular spot knowing he'd be slowed down at a turn off, luring him to stop on a false pretence. OR he stopped to help a friend in need or someone who was genuinely in trouble and in the process, they got into conflict the one lost their temper and took him out.

They drove his truck slowly but proficiently, insofar as it didn't come off the road into the verge or such, just far enough away from the original incident that they could walk back to their vehicle 3 miles back, a very walkable distance and doesn't leave their vehicle abandoned too long. If they're local with good knowledge of the roads, maybe they also put it on a road that had far less passing traffic and would be way less likely to be noticed for many hours to come so they also 'bought time'.

If they understand how Weikmann's works then they know that the piglets won't be missed until operations begin in the morning (what time 0800?) and even then it'll be a little while before anyone identifies that it's DS's 100 hogs not in the pen.

It's either deeply personal, someone who wanted DS out of the picture (for example business competitor), someone he knew so well that a huge argument turned into a rageful murder, or total random lunatic did something inexplicable. My argument against random lunatic is they usually target the vulnerable or 'easy prey' and someone in a huge truck is not that. Maybe random passing gangsters needed help with their vehicle, he provided it, they said thanks for that, shot him dead, ditched his body away from the scene of the shooting?

JMO MOO
JMO, but shootings tend to leave evidence behind, such as blood, bullet holes. Blood on or in the truck and blood on the pavement would not be easily cleaned up. Obviously bullet holes in the truck or bullet marks on the pavement are not things that would be easy to cover up.

If David was shot, he wasn't shot where the truck was found. If blood or bullet holes were found at that scene, the entire investigation regarding how the truck was handled, would have been handled differently. Sarah would not have been allowed to have David's mechanic drive the truck away from the scene hours after the truck was found, only to have the truck towed from his lot two days later to be process by LE.

Maybe there was blood evidence at the exit, but was washed away by the time phone records were obtained and it was thought something may have occurred at that exit. Hopefully the area around the exit was searched once the phone records showed the amount of time it took David's phone to travel four miles from the exit to where the truck was found parked.

JMO

JMO MOO
It's all so strange that it's hard to rule anything out. If anyone else is involved, though, it does seem it would have to be at least two people (if the truck was moved) and a vehicle to transport DS away from the scene.

No matter how I try to insert another person into the situation, it seems too high a risk to the perpetrator(s) to make sense. I understand this is a very rural area, but the longer a perp is with DS, or the truck, or another vehicle waiting around or following the semi, driving a semi slowly down the road, leaving everything but DS behind and transporting him (or his body), maybe leaving behind DNA, etc, the greater the risk. IDK...

Whatever happened that night seems to me to be the doing of DS, himself, IMO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhereIsRuthClerveau
Back