GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #10

Can someone please elaborate on what CS and KA were doing after the murder? As in did she stay around for a few days and did she tell CS she was going out of town?
Going from memory, they spent the night together the night of the murder (and she was unusually sexually aggressive), then cop interviews the next day, and then they split up. I believe CW's dad and/or attorney advised him to distance himself.

Well, those pictures were from the cameras in an airport. And, when she returned back, she didn't look that pregnant on photos. Anyhow, if she somehow miscarried, it must have been a very early pregnancy, that won't obviously show. Anyhow, I am usually compassionate, but this story is getting too dysfunctional for TX's money. They still have Liz Barazza's case, and many others.

(Although - I always felt that we'd have Ocean Teal as a witness, and seems that it's going exactly this route).
However, if we recall, she was taken for some kind of medical clearance upon arrival at Houston after being arrested. She wasn't immediately transported to Austin. Was a pregnancy/miscarriage a reason?

Probably won't be much new to those who have followed the case, but Mo will be tonight's 20/20 episode. Says KA's dad will speak FWIW.

Thank you for sharing this. I had to search for it on YouTube last night, as the Friday 20/20 show that I had taped was not the same episode, for some reason. Found it as “Three Shots in the Dark”.

Good show. I enjoyed seeing the expanded police interview of KA by Det. Katy Conner. We had only seen a few clips of it previously.

A difference of opinion and thought is welcomed. I just find the obtaining of the sister’s passport suspect. And that may have been the primary if not sole reason to visit her. I keep most of my vital records rather secure. Not readily available or found, and not by others. Many keep them in a safe. In fact, I sometimes might forget where I have placed or ‘secreted’ it. And I also found KA‘s supposed indication to an acquaintance while in CR of her desire to give up or ‘ditch’ “her” passport quite odd. MOO

The articles said she claims she was pregnant near the time of her arrest (odd phrase). She killed Moriah on May 11 and was arrested June 30 in Costa Rica. That’s almost 7 weeks of time with the possibility and opportunity to sleep with someone in CR and get pregnant there. So I’m not sensing she’s claiming it was Colin’s, and I don’t believe anything she says, but since no sources have claimed she claims it was Colin’s, I think she wanted it used for sympathy in sentencing as one source claimed and no one brought it up. Probably because there was no proof it was his or no proof she was even pregnant, and if it wasn’t Colin’s, oh poor her that she got pregnant on the run!
I am so behind on this thread and am reading backwards in time. Regarding the supposed pregnancy, wasn’t KA dating other men besides Colin while still living in his house? Is my memory correct? I don’t necessarily believe she was pregnant, but if she was - it may not have even been Colin’s. Just saying.

I am so behind on this thread and am reading backwards in time. Regarding the supposed pregnancy, wasn’t KA dating other men besides Colin while still living in his house? Is my memory correct? I don’t necessarily believe she was pregnant, but if she was - it may not have even been Colin’s. Just saying.

On 20/20 they said she had dated men (plural) while in CR. I’m curious now if she was trying to get pregnant. ‘I’m not a jilted woman, I’ve moved on, why would I kill someone for Colin’. It would be a tangible way to say she was actively dating. Also a possible backup plan in the event she would need sympathy.

I watched the 20/20 episode last night and was surprised to learn something new.
1 - the U.S. Marshals were able to narrow down their search to Santa Teresa based on a Google search connected to the new Google account that KA created the day she left town
2 - they then posted a bogus online ad claiming to be a yoga studio "seeking yoga instructors" and KA responded to the ad and set up an appointment (although she never showed, her response to the ad essentially told the Marshals that she was likely staying somewhere in Santa Teresa)

And KA's demeanor during that brief police interview... myyyyy god. I've never in my life seen such a cold and emotionless human being. She was utterly detached.

My favorite part was listening to the local guy describe the moment when KA was taken into custody in Costa Rica. How the police stormed into the lobby of the hostel and asked to see her documentation and she just clammed up. That was great.

I watched the 20/20 episode last night and was surprised to learn something new.
1 - the U.S. Marshals were able to narrow down their search to Santa Teresa based on a Google search connected to the new Google account that KA created the day she left town
2 - they then posted a bogus online ad claiming to be a yoga studio "seeking yoga instructors" and KA responded to the ad and set up an appointment (although she never showed, her response to the ad essentially told the Marshals that she was likely staying somewhere in Santa Teresa)

And KA's demeanor during that brief police interview... myyyyy god. I've never in my life seen such a cold and emotionless human being. She was utterly detached.

My favorite part was listening to the local guy describe the moment when KA was taken into custody in Costa Rica. How the police stormed into the lobby of the hostel and asked to see her documentation and she just clammed up. That was great.

She appeared disgruntled and stone cold. Shock I’m sure but she had no emotion and it seemed like she was fixed on not being caught. The escape from prison was defiance, no accountability taken.

<snipped for focus>

I listened to it via podcast rather than watching and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. It creeped me out listening to her. Wow.

A reminder that most Texas prisons have no air conditioning. Prisoners die from the extreme heat. This is a report from someone who has been imprisoned at the Dr. Lane Murray Unit for 23 years -- this is the prison where KA now resides. It is hell on earth.

What It's Like to be Cooked Alive in a Texas Prison
Think of rotisserie chickens baking in that red-hot light.

Texas summers go on for a very, very long time. The most intense heat can be late June through October, but it's already heating up in May.

I googled "what are conditions like at the Dr. Lane Murray women's prison" and the word notorious seems to be the general consensus. It's also called Miserable Murray.

A reminder that most Texas prisons have no air conditioning. Prisoners die from the extreme heat. This is a report from someone who has been imprisoned at the Dr. Lane Murray Unit for 23 years -- this is the prison where KA now resides. It is hell on earth.

What It's Like to be Cooked Alive in a Texas Prison
Think of rotisserie chickens baking in that red-hot light.

Texas summers go on for a very, very long time. The most intense heat can be late June through October, but it's already heating up in May.

I googled "what are conditions like at the Dr. Lane Murray women's prison" and the word notorious seems to be the general consensus. It's also called Miserable Murray.
I take a measure of comfort knowing KA has found her forever home.

I had a pen pal in a Texas prison. Air conditioning is a wet sheet and laying on the concrete floor in your undies. If you're luck there might be a breeze from somewhere. The windows are high up by the ceiling and the inmates make a human ladder to scale up and open them.

And then what? Do they just settle the resulting lawsuits and change nothing? I'm often of the mindset "be tough on violent crimes," but that's not okay.
No, it's not okay. I'm assuming there is simply no money to retrofit these prisons. In addition, not enough guards mean inmates spend more time in lockdown sweltering in their cells, so they can't even access cold showers to cool down. It truly is a form of torture.

KA is such a lying liar. But one thing she wasn’t is pregnant. More manipulation.
I’d be willing to bet, and I’m not a gambler, that she may have introduced that “scenario” recently to inflict more emotional damage on Colin. Make him wonder if he could have fathered a child… Not knowing their history on the topic, but I could see a few scenarios like one, where perhaps he had told her he wanted children at some point in his life but wasn’t ready yet. If she made up this story, she may have done it intentionally to cause him permanent stress, so that he would always be wondering if that child had been his and what happened to the baby, and oh my gosh, make him wonder if he fathered a child with a murderer! All MOO of course. Can think of a few other similar scenarios where she may have concocted this story to cause him more pain … the pain of the unknown.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSFamilyLaw
Back