MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like facts, and like many posters I wondered if the temp was low enough to truly affect them. 30-50F is definitely cold enough to cause hypothermia and death. BBM

What is hypothermia?

• Hypothermia is caused by prolonged exposures to very cold temperatures. When exposed to cold temperatures, your body begins to lose heat faster than it’s produced. Lengthy exposures will eventually use up your body’s stored energy, which leads to lower body temperature.
  • Body temperature that is too low affects the brain, making the victim unable to think clearly or move well. This makes hypothermia especially dangerous, because a person may not know that it’s happening and won’t be able to do anything about it.
  • While hypothermia is most likely at very cold temperatures, it can occur even at cool temperatures (above 40°F) if a person becomes chilled from rain, sweat, or submersion in cold water.

Who’s most at risk?

Victims of hypothermia are often:
  • Older adults with inadequate food, clothing, or heating
  • Babies sleeping in cold bedrooms
  • People who remain outdoors for long periods—the homeless, hikers, hunters, etc.
  • People who drink alcohol or use illicit drugs.

What are the signs and symptoms of hypothermia?

The following are warnings signs of hypothermia:

Adults:

• Shivering
  • Exhaustion or feeling very tired
  • Confusion
  • Fumbling hands
  • Memory loss
  • Slurred speech

Though police have said the case is not being investigated as a homicide and no foul play is suspected, Kruse is adamant that Harrington, her boyfriend of 17 years, was killed.

“David was murdered,” she told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo Friday. “Those three guys were murdered.”

“It does not make any sense to have three men dead, laying in the yard and [Jordan] asleep for 48 hours.”

Harrington, Kruse believes, must have been “caught in the wrong place at the wrong time” but admitted she doesn’t know “what’s going to come up” as the probe into the tragedy continues.

She also said that despite the party being described as a gathering of friends, she had never heard Harrington talk in-depth about Willis.

“I have heard of Jordan before. I’ve never met him. I’ve heard a lot of terrible things about him,” she revealed.

She told Cuomo that Willis was “on drugs,” but did not elaborate on what she meant by that.

Harrington would have “walked” the mile home “if he was cold” or was big enough to “break through the window”
or gone to warm up in his car.

This may be the confusion some have, JW was a researcher, he would not have an employer. Think along the lines of self employed. Many researchers receive grants and have other avenues of income.

I'm wondering why some may think JW didn't work during those two days? I imagine JW's type of work kept him at a computer for long hours in deep thought. My thinking is working during the day or through the night would be the normal. When JW is "on to something" he most likely would stay with it regardless of the hour. To not be distracted in his thoughts he most likely used tools to black out sound. Such as fans and ear plugs. Ear plugs would also be an advantage when watching video/audio during research. After some time JW would need to eat and sleep. All random hours of the day and night.

It would surprise me if there were not cameras along his street from neighboring houses. We don't know if LE has video of JW's three friends on that horrible and sad night. If there is video it could also answer LE questions of JW's coming and goings for the next two days.

His line of work is devoted to helping mankind.
I've noticed, the families and especially the media stating JW did not work for two days. JWs attorney has clarified, he slept most of Mon, worked Mon evening and Tues.

I'm very confident JWs computer will reflect this statement. I don't believe his attorney would make this statement without proof of computer history. Our computers track everything we do.

The phone saga has grown legs, mo. In initial articles, the fiance was quoted, she Facebook Messenger JW. The media has embellished this to text messages, emails and phone calls.

What frustrates me the most....
All the experienced, expert, former FBI/LE conducting interviews fail to ask investigative questions.
Why did NO family or employer report the men as missing?
Is this unusual behavior?
Has LE discussed a preliminary COD?

All MOO

O

I do not disagree. Say he is innocent, things like that can ruin people's lives, carreers, tear apart families, etc. It can create so much distrust. Even if the person did nothing wrong at all. Even if it comes to light later on about innocence, the damage was already done.
Not saying 100% applies to this case, but in general over all, good people can have their lives ruined due to rumors and accusations.
ITA. Some media have turned this case into click-bait. Yes, the families are upset and have made accusatory comments, but the media wasn't forced to print it.

JMO

Or GHB. It's popular at raves. It can make people feel euphoric but it can also cause drowsiness and lower your heart rate. I know since JW is a scientist there will be some people immediately suspicious of him mixing up a batch in his basement but there would be evidence of it in his home. Where would he dispose of this stuff? He'd have to have beakers and bunsen burners and all sorts of chemicals that leave residue, etc. Plus he really seems to love his dogs and that more than anything makes me think he'd never endanger their lives for something like that.
I don't think a love for one's animals has anything to do with drug use, drug cooking, or lack of either, tragically.

Some people compartmentalize their friendships. I have some friends that I doubt would actually get along with each other which has more to do with personality type than anything else.
I think it's more based on the fact the families didn't seem to like or trust Jordan... just linking one example. this is not including david's mom or the other friend's (i am struggling remember his name, sudden brain shortcircuit, my apologies) dad. tagging @Forest_Wood since your post was in reply to theirs..

Thank You for the video. Oh, Robocop!

Thank You for this in depth explanation of how the Robocop app would work to block all those calls to JW and how there's even a separate type voice mail.

I also think JW's attorney was smart to clear up the questions about JW not responding to all the calls. He didn't actually ignore calls because he didn't get those calls.

As far as not responding to the texts, I am a bit surprised if JW didn't look or check any communication platforms for two days, but further explanation may be pending. Did he take any sleeping aids? Was he feeling sick and needed to block out the world to get more rest? MOO, it doesn't have to be some shady reason the man didn't check his texts.

Normally, he may not expect that many texts perhaps. I think it's possible he was going about his own life, and his own quirky home habits, time out from paying attention to the world, and it never was a problem before until horrifyingly his three friends were found dead in his backyard.

All that criticism of him not answering his calls, and now a simple explanation. The Robocop app he had on his phone is an explanation that helps answer some of the questions we all had why he wasn't answering the frantic calls from numbers not in his contact list. All MOO
Folks, Robocop is a movie. Robocop app is a shootem up game. Robokiller is a spam call blocker that eliminates 99% of unwanted phone calls.

I don't think a love for one's animals has anything to do with drug use, drug cooking, or lack of either, tragically.
@branmuffin
Regarding Jordan's dog (allegedly, from a "source" close to the Willis family)
-
When asked how Willis could have spent two days inside his home without his dog alerting him to the dead bodies, the source told Fox Nation that the pet simply wasn’t home.

Although he belongs to Willis, the animal is “somewhat of a therapy dog” for Willis’ father, who the source said is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, and spends most of the time at the family house.
Folks, Robocop is a movie. Robocop app is a shootem up game. Robokiller is a spam call blocker that eliminates 99% of unwanted phone calls.
HAHA thank you. I was like I have this app but something sounds wrong here, oh well. hahaha thank you that gave me a good laugh

I must say in my opinion, JW only has himself to blame for speculation here, as the story does not add up and is fishy at best. If things are cleared up I will gladly eat my hat. Until then I truly believe it is common sense to question what went on here...

I feel pretty certain although their families say they don't use drugs, that there were substances on board that night. Why else would we be weeks out with no answers, waiting on the toxicology reports with no reports of any environmental issues at the house?
Well, there's also the fact that the scene had 2 entire days to potentially be cleaned if necessary.

I admit I am confused at the attempts to normalize and explain away the behavior of a grown man, gainfully employed by all accounts, spending 2 work days in bed, not answering the pounding on his door or other attempts to get in touch with him.

I also work from home and have spent days not leaving the house. But working from home generally means you are attached to your phone/laptop and in fairly constant contact with others.

Not saying he is guilty of anything but his behavior was anything but normal.
Thank you! Could not agree more.

This Fentanyl crisis scares the hell out of me everytime I read about it. I was prescribed the Fentanyl (Duragesic) 75 mg patches for 18 months after back surgeries for several spinal compression fractures many years ago. I remember feeling spacey and very high but not anything like has been in the news regarding so many deaths. The only time I became afraid was when I began using a heating pad on my back. The heat intensified the effect from the patches and I began hallucinating. I called my doctor and he said I’d made a big mistake, he also told me not to get in a hot tub and to take short hot showers while using the patches. I wanted off of them and he had to give me methadone to withdraw. Fentanyl is a horribly horribly dangerous drug.
Understandable! I was on the patches before too, 50mcg. It's actually micrograms not milligrams (due to how strong it is). They didn't work for me personally!! But I was scared being on them myself. However, medical-grade fentanyl and street fentanyl are 2 incredibly different things. When people die from fentanyl, it is almost always street fent. Source: my doctor. People often do not understand there is a considerable difference between the two.

Regarding the bolded: OOH I am SO so so sorry to hear that. I knew about the heat thing yet didn't think about it much and I took showers hotter than hell itself. I think I lucked out that the drug doesn't really work for me or I could've been in a similar boat to you. All it did was make me tired - I felt sober as a judge besides that (thankfully) and with zero pain relief (not thankfully).... :(

@branmuffin
-
When asked how Willis could have spent two days inside his home without his dog alerting him to the dead bodies, the source told Fox Nation that the pet simply wasn’t home.

Although he belongs to Willis, the animal is “somewhat of a therapy dog” for Willis’ father, who the source said is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, and spends most of the time at the family house.

HAHA thank you. I was like I have this app but something sounds wrong here, oh well. hahaha thank you that gave me a good laugh
Iusedtofloat: Yeah, they've been Robokilling me! LOL

The fiance said, she sent FB messenger and #5 did the same on Tues, through his attorney.

Not one family member has publicly stated they called JW. They have not stated why the men were not reported missing Sun-Tues night. A missing person report for three individual would certainly warrant investigation. Missouri has no waiting period to report a missing person. I posted earlier in thread.

JWs home was searched, phone turned over and interviewed at the police station, all without an attorney.

JWs attorney confirmed the message from #5 and the fiance and that JW had not used his phone and did not see the messages.

FB messages do not show up in my feed. I have my account set to friends only, so I never see those that are not friends.
Moo
this is untrue. at the very least friend 5 did claim to call/text willis. willis simply claimed he "didn't get" any calls or texts.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to write “all” I meant that since in this article (linked below) he says that his father suffers from Alzheimer, the dogs spent most of the time with him. (Sorry, my first language is not english so sometimes I don’t explain myself at best).
Don't worry about it. It's always a good idea to provide a link if one's available and let the article speak for you. Some news sites can be considered a bit sensationalist than others so you learn to take their articles with a grain of salt.

I think it's more based on the fact the families didn't seem to like or trust Jordan... just linking one example. this is not including david's mom or the other friend's (i am struggling remember his name, sudden brain shortcircuit, my apologies) dad. tagging @Forest_Wood since your post was in reply

It's really difficult to take this woman seriously, imo, because she's desperate not to have her boyfriend described in an unflattering light. She's hurting and she's lashing out. She talks about 'they'. "they' are talking about JW giving them drugs. 'they' talk about DH being a drug addict which she assures us he was not. 'they' say terrible things about JW. Everything is ephemeral, there is no basis of fact in any thing she says so she is clutching at straws because that's the only thing she has to go on right now in her despair and loss.

I don't blame her for not wanting people to paint DH as a drug addict, but you don't need to be a drug addict to have a fatal run-in with a drug. I would say many people who are dying of overdoses are not long term users, they are just random hapless victims. She is just regurgitating all the chatter she is hearing whether it's online, from strangers like us, to people she knows and everyone else who offers their opinion.

Unfortunately, opinions are all we have right now so she sifts through the ones that are bearable for her, that exonerate her loved one and latches on to those that assign blame elsewhere. We would probably all do the same thing.

Shortened from OP:
We still do not know if any drugs are involved in this case. If there were drugs present, I think LE is more interested in finding out the identity of the dealer rather than the buyer. That is going to be the only way to stem this epidemic of tragedy.

It is important for everyone to understand how very dangerous it is to buy any drug on the street but also understand what other families have gone through and their frustration at lack of resources to try to avert such heartbreaking tragedies.

JMO
Yes, but I mean if there is a dealer involved. Dealers get it from somewhere..
I could have used some terms incorrectly or not specific enough.. but hopefully the just of it is understood.
I did not assume they would go after the buyer (as in the consumer) But the dealer, is also a buyer (but not always a consumer-more like a middle man of the sorts).
That's what I was asking about.. the middle man who didn't know it was laced, or the person who actually did the lacing of the product.
So would they be after the person who's hand the drugs left (not always a consumer) where it was then consumed by the individual that died - Or would they be after the person who altered the drugs (which might not had been the person that the now dead individual got the drugs from)? -Or both/all -Or does LE simply go up the chain as far as they can n where they stop is the person that gets into trouble.. I don't know exactly how that works in LE, I do think it would be more determined by specific laws if there are laws for it? Which those laws would vary from place to place.. So I also understand the idea of being unsure about how helpful it actually is to charge someone in that situation if they didn't lace it themselves..
Understandably, people should not be just be out handing drugs to others much less selling it to others or enabling the use of illegal drugs.. so they could still very well get into trouble and maybe somewhat of a deterrent so people might think hey I shouldn't give out or sell this stuff..
But if they didn't lace it, then all they actually did was distribute (and it may have resulted in a death- but either way it would had likely resulted in a death if laced an unknown, even if they took it themselves instead, or if someone stole it and took it, etc.), and the person who did lace it is still out there altering more.. So it's hard to say because more than one person played a role in the drugs making its way to the consumer.

And I agree, it is important that people have that understanding.
So because there maybe people out there still doing alterations (and sell to sellers), and if only the last guy gets into trouble for the result being a death.. then I am also unsure of how great an impact these laws actually make or will make (if they lean toward trouble only for the one person above the consumer - the last seller in the line).
The laws seem to be for deterrent purposes, but if the bigger fish are getting away with it still...
So my question was about how far LE goes, overall average, and if the main goal of the laws is simply aimed at that last guy, or, if the aim is for the ones altering. Or do they leave anything further than the last seller up to the DEA or something like that

@branmuffin
-

Dogs, plural. Two dogs, not one.

Ihttps://www.fox13seattle.com/news/kansas-city-chiefs-fans-deaths-drugs-weather-conditions-experts

Some theories in this Fox13 Seattle article on what could have transpired if recreational or other drugs were involved and were laced with fentanyl. Just theories, but what the outcomes could have been for those who took the drugs and went outside in the cold temps and the possible difference for the person who stayed inside the warm house if he, too, took the same drug.

"Powdered fentanyl can be mixed with drugs like heroin, methamphetamine and cocaine or pressed into pills that look like prescription opioids. Police in Alabama, Illinois, Louisiana and New York have reported finding the synthetic opioid in marijuana.
Fentanyl-laced marijuana is actually not a thing. When anything as scary as this fentanyl epidemic happens, there are bound to be misconceptions, falsities, etc. as either scare tactics or out of fear from people working in the PD themselves (I have seen a video of a cop having an "overdose" from touching fentanyl which gave me a good chuckle).

I stand corrected, @Rigatoni999. You're right, the attorney in the video even says Robokiller. I didn't see the movie, didn't play the game, and don't have that kind of Robo app on the phones. Thank You for the education. :)

I must say in my opinion, JW only has himself to blame for speculation here, as the story does not add up and is fishy at best. If things are cleared up I will gladly eat my hat. Until then I truly believe it is common sense to question what went on here...

I have an issue with the fact that this group of guys have/had been friends for almost 20 years. Neighborhood/went to school together, home renter/scientist had them over for football game.

Some ppl change after school but friends are friends. The three that past/died were close friends with the home renter who is a scientist working from home on HIV. Not sure how long he had been there renting that house. I truly don’t think he has anything to do with his friends death.

Some ppl have different “groups” of friends.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member