MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial toxicology reports on the three Kansas City Chiefs fans found frozen and dead in a friend’s yard found cocaine, THC — and three times the amount of fentanyl that is enough to kill, according to reports.

“The family source says level 10 fentanyl is enough to kill. The #KansasCity3 were at level 30.”

He later added that the information was “backed up and confirmed by a second, separate family source.”
Would someone here put that into perspective.
What would Level 10 fentanyl look like in terms of size? And Level 30?
Does it smell? Is there a colour to it? Is there a taste to it?

It would be most likely that these are blood levels of fentanyl found in the decedents during toxicology testing.

Such as 10 ng/ml vs 30 ng/ml.

From the EMCDDA ( European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction):

"The estimated lethal dose of fentanyl in humans is 2 mg.

The recommended serum concentration for analgesia is 1–2 ng/ml blood level, and for anaesthesia it is 10–20 ng/ml. Blood concentrations of approximately 7 ng/ml or greater have been associated with fatalities where poly-substance use was involved."

Fentanyl is tasteless and odorless. It’s sold illegally in both powder and liquid form. The powder (which looks similar to cocaine or even powdered aspirin) can also be pressed into pill form. Liquid forms can be found in nasal spray bottles, eye droppers, dropped onto paper, or contained in small candy or sugar cubes (similar to LSD).

I don’t know about the specific levels, but it’s extremely potent and can be lethal in very small amounts. According to the DEA, the powder seen in the picture below is a lethal amount.

IMG_3502.jpeg

Do you mean CA police would test their illegal drugs for them, free of charge, if they requested it? That can't be right, right? Am I misunderstanding?
Yes, they would in San Bernardino County. There were always cops at raves there to test and not arrest. As long as you have a small supply and aren’t trying to sell, a lot of western jurisdictions won’t arrest you anymore. Too many people in prison for solo drug charges, not enough resources to prosecute solo use. They really only care if you have a certain amount on you and look like you might be dealing.

Why do you think 5th man would be mistaken/fib about that? Seems an inconsequential thing to him and his version/timeline of things for him to even bother saying it if wasn't true. And in tandem, why would JW's lawyer, his mouthpiece, say JW was "home sporadically" if from the beginning JW said to him that he never went out?

He could have just misremembered. We know that witness statements can often be unreliable.

Several weeks had gone by the time he was asked about the dogs. So, if JW's house was a regular hangout for the guys, the 5th guy may have conflated their last get-together with a previous one where the dogs were around. Especially considering the stress and anxiety the fifth guy was experiencing I wouldn't be surprised if some of the details of their last meetup were muddled.

Have you read the recent news of the level of drugs found in the men's systems? This is looking like a tragic case of unintentional fentanyl OD to most. What causes you to think murder?
Listen to the Nancy Grace I just posted...lots of information in there and contradictions from Jordan Willis

Yes, they would in San Bernardino County. There were always cops at raves there to test and not arrest. As long as you have a small supply and aren’t trying to sell, a lot of western jurisdictions won’t arrest you anymore. Too many people in prison for solo drug charges, not enough resources to prosecute solo use. They really only care if you have a certain amount on you and look like you might be dealing.
That is staggeringly illegal for LE to do that.

Listen to the Nancy Grace I just posted...lots of information in there and contradictions from Jordan Willis
which are easily explained if

a) he also was suffering the effects of an OD on Fentanyl but wasn't outside and so survived. and/or
b) he was in cover my butt mode and worried about getting into trouble for having used illicit drugs with his dead friends at a party he was hosting.

I apologize about not being able to watch but only so much of Nancy Grace, could you possibly summarize some of the information or contradictions. And how do you feel about the police not investigating it as a homicide, as it's been reported? Do you think they could be just saying that? I can't say I agree but I'm interested in your hearing perspective!

Have you read the recent news of the level of drugs found in the men's systems? This is looking like a tragic case of unintentional fentanyl OD to most. What causes you to think murder?
Who ever supplied the drugs that resulted in death would likely face at least a 2nd degree murder charge. It doesn't matter that it was unintentional overdoes.

which are easily explained if

a) he also was suffering the effects of an OD on Fentanyl but wasn't outside and so survived. and/or
b) he was in cover my butt mode and worried about getting into trouble for having used illicit drugs with his dead friends at a party he was hosting.
Take the time to listen to the whole video...45 minutes....Jordan Willis behavior is very suspicious....

He could have just misremembered. We know that witness statements can often be unreliable.

Several weeks had gone by the time he was asked about the dogs. So, if JW's house was a regular hangout for the guys, the 5th guy may have conflated their last get-together with a previous one where the dogs were around. Especially considering the stress and anxiety the fifth guy was experiencing I wouldn't be surprised if some of the details of their last meetup were muddled.
He could have.Two enthusiastic and well loved dogs (ie happy and social) around though is probably something you'd remember correctly. JMO

I apologize about not being able to watch but only so much of Nancy Grace, could you possibly summarize some of the information or contradictions. And how do you feel about the police not investigating it as a homicide, as it's been reported? Do you think they could be just saying that? I can't say I agree but I'm interested in your hearing perspective!
Please watch the video

Take the time to listen to the whole video...45 minutes....Jordan Willis behavior is very suspicious....
I avoid Nancy Grace whenever possible so I won't be doing that thanks, I have listed to approximately 15 minutes of it and that was enough. In my opinion Nancy plays fast and loose with facts in favor of sensationalism.

I have read many articles in the days since the friends were discovered in the backyard though, and am aware of the many inconsistencies we have heard from Mr. Willis' attorney. I think they are all easily explained by the fact that there was some lying going on about the specifics of what happened that night and those can be accounted for by someone fearful of admitting their own involvement with illicit drug use and Willis may not even have a clear recall of exactly what took place when because - on drugs and passed out incoherent for much of the time in the days after.

This is just my opinion, and welcome to Websleuths :)

Last edited:
You didn't really answer any of my questions or address the situations I posed that would still mean it's not completely safe to have in your possession marijuana laced with fentanyl in every situation under every condition. Yes, thank you for your reply with some info. Please know I'll look over the info you posted, @fsngruv, and take it into consideration if it's legit; however, I'm more concerned people will feel confident that it could never happen- a death from MJ laced with fentanyl. I believe in some instances it can happen. You are not a physician or a doctor, AFAIK, so I'd be careful advising any kind of medical advice. MOO That is my own opinion.

Posting because I mentioned that other substance before, but this isn't related to the MJ subject specifically.

IDK. Like many in my larger field, I've had to engage with far too many exposures to Fentanyl in my ER and clinical experience over the past decade especially. I can't recall any where F-laced MJ was thought to be a factor, but that data would often not be available or particularly salient in 1st-line care.

F "enhancement" of pills and grinds is what I have typically seen, but ultimately the fact of F, specifically its potency and availability, and scope of action, are more important IMO than its vehicle.

This case is a nightmare scenario, for sure.

Who ever supplied the drugs that resulted in death would likely face at least a 2nd degree murder charge. It doesn't matter that it was unintentional overdoes.
I agree the supplier could indeed be charged. But until LE tell us JW was the supplier I am viewing him as a man who lost three friends and who himself could have died from the same drugs but for the grace of God.

We can't really treat JW as POI because police haven't done so as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves