Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

Kate has also gone home today. Charles actually looks pretty good.
His procedure is not a major surgery. The surgeons want to sure he doesn't develop urinary retention, blood clots in the bladder, or persistent bleeding, which might require monitoring or possibly re-admission if he had been discharged.

Plus, one will always err on the side of caution in a 75 year old who also happens to be the King.

LONDON — Kate, the Princess of Wales, and King Charles III were both discharged from a private London clinic on Monday after procedures.

The princess was released from the hospital nearly two weeks after undergoing planned abdominal surgery. The king underwent a “corrective procedure” for an enlarged prostate and was hospitalized over the weekend.

“The King was this afternoon discharged from hospital following planned medical treatment and has rescheduled forthcoming public engagements to allow for a period of private recuperation,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Monday...

With respect for His Majesty, The King's wish to improve awareness of prostate health issues:

Here are comments about post-op care for Transurethral Resection of the Prostate ( TURP). This is the most common procedure, although there are other similar or modified procedures that His Majestly may have received.

"It will take 6 weeks from the date of surgery to fully recovery from your operation. This can be divided into two parts -- the first 2 weeks and the last 4 weeks. During the first 2 weeks from the date of your surgery, it is important to be "a person of leisure"

Last edited:
King Charles III has cancer."His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," a statement from Buckingham Palace read.

The palace did not specify what form of cancer was diagnosed or at what stage it was found.

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpeg
    IMG_1521.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
King Charles III, 75, has been diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace announced Monday.

"During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted," the palace said in an emailed statement. "Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer."

Buckingham Palace did not specify what form of cancer was diagnosed or at what stage it was found...

I am very sorry to hear about HM King Charles III’s diagnosis. He and the Royal Family are in my thoughts and prayers. I’m pleased to see it is being reported that Prince Harry is flying over to the UK in the next few days. I hope Catherine, Princess of Wales is recovering well from her surgery. It must be a very stressful time for her, William, Prince of Wales and all of the royal family.

I am very sorry to hear about HM King Charles III’s diagnosis. He and the Royal Family are in my thoughts and prayers. I’m pleased to see it is being reported that Prince Harry is flying over to the UK in the next few days. I hope Catherine, Princess of Wales is recovering well from her surgery. It must be a very stressful time for her, William, Prince of Wales and all of the royal family.
Hello gregrichards - It's nice to see your name on the boards again.

Although, clearly with concerning news about His Majesty, The King's health.

The King has Queen Camilla, Prince William, and Princess Catherine to be his strength and his confidants.

I hope Harry's visit is brief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal
Back