CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
KM was in Farmington at the time of the murder and I assume they tracked him that day. Maybe they will go through that to prove he could not have been in NC (or helped with the cleanup) so there was no need to test his DNA. I'm hoping he was mostly meeting with clients or in court so he has a solid alibi.
I don't think they ever had his phone - I remember he said he fell down the stairs and broke the phone ?
If they can introduce where he was when with a solid timeline and give him a solid alibi that is great - I may have missed it but I have not seen anything like that.
They just need to clean that one up one way or another.
JMO

Wanted to close the loop with the very observant person (@DeDee) who yesterday mentioned the Defence Counsel aggressive posture when speaking with Judge or witnesses the other day.

To try and make some sense about the electronic data presentation I rewatched portions again and DID NOTICE what I agree with the OP is some kind of very odd thrusting behaviour from Defence Counsel that I agree is more than a bit aggressive as they pointed out. This movement happens over and over and if you look for it during "testimony cross" or "Voir Dire Sidestep into Cross" then imo is noticeable as pitching his torso backwards and thrusting his pelvis forward. Odd movement to say the least. After now seeing hours of similar "thrusting" I can say that I would not want Defence Counsel thrusting at me and I very much wonder if witnesses should have to be subjected to such "thrusting" for hours at a time? IDK, @DeDee, is this what you saw too? I have to say I'm quite bothered by this behaviour from Defence Counsel as it seems more than a bit 'hostile' to me and I wonder how Judge R feels about Defence Counsel 'thrusting" at him and the witnesses?

Just wanted to post a picture of just one example as its something that continued all day yesterday and sometimes he really pitches himself backwards further than is shown in this image. (sometimes more than 20 degrees further backwards motion with a corresponding increase in the forward "thrusting" motion.

In this image Defence Counsel was "thrusting" at Judge R for some reason. This image was from the time when Defence Counsel was attempting to enter something into evidence but didn't bother to cite the document OR bother to print it out for the Court and instead proceeded to then talk for a long enough period about the entire mess that he simply could have taken the time to do the work but instead chose to claim to be almost bothered by being asked to produce the Exhibit as he said the page came from, "the State". Honestly, the laziness and sheer arrogance that is seen over and over from Defence Counsel just is beyond what I believe to be acceptable. How can you claim to be prepared for "Testimony Cross" and not have your items cited and prepared? Unreal.

I'm moaning (influenced solely by Defence Counsel) as I don't think I've seen any attorney complain as much as Defence Counsel about simply doing their job. He seems to moan and moan and be irritated about simply doing this job. Get a paralegal or get second chair to help. Do something MAN and stop the whinging!

MOO
Image from L&C feed yesterday afternoon.
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 19.10.36.png

Last edited:
Wanted to close the loop with the very observant person that yesterday mentioned the Defence Counsel aggressive posture when speaking with Judge or witnesses the other day.

To try and make some sense about the electronic data presentation I rewatched portions again and DID NOTICE what I agree with the OP (not sure who it was that made OP, sorry) is some kind of very odd thrusting behaviour from Defence Counsel. This movement happens over and over and if you look for it during "testimony cross" or "Voir Dire Sidestep into Cross" then imo is noticeable as pitching his torso backwards and thrusting his pelvis forward. Odd movement to say the least.

Just wanted to post a picture of just one example as its something that continued all day yesterday and sometimes he really pitches himself backwards further than is shown in this image. In this image Defence Counsel was "thrusting" at Judge R for some reason.

MOO
View attachment 482193

Ewww !!!

What was the story with JFD’s phone connecting with the Suburban? Was it her’s, in New Canaan, or fD’s in Farmington?
Do we know where that particular phone was located? Was this the phone in the vehicle or the phone that was retrieved? I'm still trying to figure this out to understand if this happened when someone found the phone as iirc there was a long search that day in Waveny.

Wanted to close the loop with the very observant person (@DeDee) who yesterday mentioned the Defence Counsel aggressive posture when speaking with Judge or witnesses the other day.

To try and make some sense about the electronic data presentation I rewatched portions again and DID NOTICE what I agree with the OP is some kind of very odd thrusting behaviour from Defence Counsel that I agree is more than a bit aggressive as they pointed out. This movement happens over and over and if you look for it during "testimony cross" or "Voir Dire Sidestep into Cross" then imo is noticeable as pitching his torso backwards and thrusting his pelvis forward. Odd movement to say the least. After now seeing hours of similar "thrusting" I can say that I would not want Defence Counsel thrusting at me and I very much wonder if witnesses should have to be subjected to such "thrusting" for hours at a time? IDK, @DeDee, is this what you saw too? I have to say I'm quite bothered by this behaviour from Defence Counsel.

Just wanted to post a picture of just one example as its something that continued all day yesterday and sometimes he really pitches himself backwards further than is shown in this image. (sometimes more than 20 degrees further backwards motion with a corresponding increase in the forward "thrusting" motion.

In this image Defence Counsel was "thrusting" at Judge R for some reason. This image was from the time when Defence Counsel was attempting to enter something into evidence but didn't bother to cite the document OR bother to print it out for the Court and instead proceeded to then talk for a long enough period about the entire mess that he simply could have taken the time to do the work but instead chose to claim to be almost bothered by being asked to produce the Exhibit as he said the page came from, "the State". Honestly, the laziness and sheer arrogance that is seen over and over from Defence Counsel just is beyond what I believe to be acceptable. How can you claim to be prepared for "Testimony Cross" and not have your items cited and prepared? Unreal.

I'm moaning (influenced solely by Defence Counsel) as I don't think I've seen any attorney complain as much as Defence Counsel about simply doing their job. He seems to moan and moan and be irritated about simply doing this job. Get a paralegal or get second chair to help. Do something MAN and stop the whinging!

MOO
View attachment 482193
Perhaps, I'm missing the point of all of this.
Are you saying he does this intentionally? To what end? And does the jury even notice? Does the judge?
When he stands facing out next to the witness as they read something he stands tall. Shoulders back, hands clasped. IMO looking like the great barrister/grand inquisitor kinda guy. Professorial/confident/in control. Is it contrived? All part of the act? IDK.
The more experienced people on here may have a better handle on it.
MOO.

Are you saying he does this intentionally? To what end? And does the jury even notice? Does the judge?
When he stands facing out next to the witness as they read something he stands tall. Shoulders back, hands clasped. IMO looking like the great barrister/grand inquisitor kinda guy. Professorial/confident/in control. Is it contrived? All part of the act? IDK.
MOO.

IMO, JS is so cuck sure of himself, and arrogant that he has absolutely no clue how he comes across to others. I am sure it's not intentional. But it certainly is off-putting to many.

Got it. But is it off putting to the jury?
They are the only ones that count.
JMO.
To the extent that they see it as aggressive I think it could matter to the jury imo. Last week when we had the two female professional witnesses imo the “thrusting” was much more pronounced and I don’t think Defence Counsel was at all respectful of their personal space and didn’t stay at his lecturn. My understanding is that he is supposed to ask to approach the witness and he doesn’t do this all the time and so in the cases I’m talking about he crept closer and closer and seemed aggressive and somewhat menacing. He is supposed to stay at his lectern until he has permission to move closer to the witness. I wish the Judge would instruct him to move back to the lecturn as I don’t think witnesses should have to deal with him being in their face or on their back!
MOO

IMO, JS is so cuck sure of himself, and arrogant that he has absolutely no clue how he comes across to others. I am sure it's not intentional. But it certainly is off-putting to many.
I would agree with you but he only does it in specific situations. If he is going back and forth with the Judge he “thrusts” at the Judge and sometimes for witnesses when it’s a long exchange. It almost seems like a vertical version of 'mansplaining'.....

I didn’t want to belabour the issue but wanted to put it out there to see if others see it too as it was originally brought up by @DeDee and was important to enough to them to raise the issue on the thread.

I’m bothered entirely by the way Defence Counsel chooses to conduct himself in the Courtroom and I’ve seen other attorneys admonished by Judges for less. So, this whole “thrusting” posture is simply beyond anything I’ve seen before which is why I’m agreeing with @DeDee.

Source: A Primer on "Mansplaining," AKA When Men Don't Value Your Opinion

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 21.03.31.png

Last edited:
MOO.
Probably imo an act but I don’t think he should be doing it to witnesses and certainly not close to them as he did last week with the two female witnesses. I perceive it as an act of aggression and it could be unconscious but my guess is that it’s deliberate and meant to intimidate. MOO

I heard it as being connected to the suburban parked on Lapham Rd by Waveny in NC. So Jennifers car. its a loose end that would seem to be in need of typing up.

Was JFD's phone thrown in the bushes/underbrush, then randomly picked up by someone ? Maybe that someone saw an opportunity for a new iphone and was removing the sim card and that action could show up as an connection/event? IDK -
The P just let it dangle ....there was no recross on that

That loose end plus the fact that the dna guy did not have Kents dna to test against the items at the lab - another loose end

I sure hope we have a healthy KM show up and testify. After that dna comment left dangling out there, if the P really has no comeback on that, I am sure KM feels he has more leverage and wants a sweetened deal to testify.
He is in a stronger position I think to get it.

ALL JMO
This caused me to wonder also, as a great deal of time was spent looking for JFD's phone.

I go with the theory that it was taken from the Suburban (as FD probably hoped). Wonder what time school ended for the day at NCHS. I could easily see a 15-year-old seeing the phone in the car as he/she walked home and couldn't resist getting a new phone...or anyone else who happened to be walking the road could have reached the same decision.

Probably imo an act but I don’t think he should be doing it to witnesses and certainly not close to them as he did last week with the two female witnesses. I perceive it as an act of aggression and it could be unconscious but my guess is that it’s deliberate and meant to intimidate. MOO
Disgusting....Once it's seen, it's all one can see. I just rewatched some of the video.

He was also standing next to the witness for a period of time yesterday. He was standing between the witness and the jury next to the screen. That was also distracting and may have blocked the jury's view of the screen.

This caused me to wonder also, as a great deal of time was spent looking for JFD's phone.

I go with the theory that it was taken from the Suburban (as FD probably hoped). Wonder what time school ended for the day at NCHS. I could easily see a 15-year-old seeing the phone in the car as he/she walked home and couldn't resist getting a new phone...or anyone else who happened to be walking the road could have reached the same decision.
The thing is that this is odd but I think the above theory posted about a passerby finding the phone and picking it up seems probable. The vehicle was unsecured and no doubt looked odd as the lights were on.

I hope we aren't treated to a, "JF fell asleep in her car after a long run and woke up and realised she had missed her appointments and was calling people to alert them that she was heading into the city...".

LE didn't find the JF Suburban until 7pm on the Missing Date. Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 21.09.36 1.png

Last edited:
Disgusting....Once it's seen, it's all one can see. I just rewatched some of the video.

He was also standing next to the witness for a period of time yesterday. He was standing between the witness and the jury next to the screen. That was also distracting and may have blocked the jury's view of the screen.
Yes, the portion you mention also bothered me on behalf of the witness as he was in their space and no reason to be that close to the witness.

I hope Judge R sees this behaviour and stops it.

There was an IPhone in a red case found in JFD's Suburban. Maybe it connected
You know, I forgot about that one. Maybe under her name and belinged to one of the kids
Do we know where that particular phone was located? Was this the phone in the vehicle or the phone that was retrieved? I'm still trying to figure this out to understand if this happened when someone found the phone as iirc there was a long search that day in Waveny.
I don’t recall hearing if it was the phone that was found in her car or not.

I was just thinking about MT’s phone- I think it was only disallowed recently so at least wouldn’t LE have access to all the Cellebrite data to help in their investigation, even if they can’t bring it in? Hopefully location or text messages could have helped them narrow down where she was and when, and then they’d have to look for other data like cameras or cell towers to corroborate.

Yeah....I thought it was always: Jennifers phone was shut off around 11am and never active again?
The arrest warrant says Jennifer's iPhone "disconnected from the Verizon network" at 11:09am and never reconnected. If it was put in airplane mode then the bluetooth could still be active even when off the network (if she had previously ever used BT while in airplane mode, like when you are flying.) It is possible that FD put the phone in airplane mode rather than turning it off, and tossed it into the woods (or put it somewhere he could come back to if needed, even). Sometimes if it's too far from the BT it will come in sporadically.
They did bring in electronic sniffing dogs to search for her phone at Waveny and along the Merritt Parkway, but that wasn't until the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth