GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

Sentencing hearing is on April 10 but she was taken into custody right after the guilty verdict. Just saw live report that the judge ruled that because she was convicted of murder she would go into custody immediately.

Guilty on all counts.

Grossman faces up to 34 years to life in prison at a sentencing hearing on April 10.
I'm happy to see that she was taken into custody right away. She certainly has the means and motive to flee.

reporter in the cbs link I posted said the judge, not jury, will determine the sentence. She also said sentence will be 34 years to life?
So the minimum would be 34 years?
Judge may be harsh, at no time did this woman show remorse or display any sympathy for the victims' family. Plus she obviously lied.

Yes, I just heard it was reported to the judge and her attorney is calling for RG to be taken into custody immediately. I think this is partly why its taking so long for these reporters to get out of there.
What are the penalties for this? (the leaking of confidential information to the media) Will it just be contempt or will it be bigger? Anyone know?

reporter in the cbs link I posted said the judge, not jury, will determine the sentence. She also said sentence will be 34 years to life?
So the minimum would be 34 years?
Judge may be harsh, at no time did this woman show remorse or display any sympathy for the victims' family. Plus she obviously lied.
Rebecca Grossman is 60 years old so the minimum would most likely be a life sentence.

I'm a bit worried that this judge will grant a mild sentence rather than send the lying murder to prison for the full sentence.

Oh well, Grossman will be in jail for the next 6 weeks. That's nice ;)
There’s lots of community support for the victims - hopefully they will be able to make some impact statements that will swag the judge. She deserves the maximum IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeffery
Back