GUILTY NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, missing after placed in Father's Custody in 2019, reported 2021, *1 Guilty perjury, 1 guilty weapons* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 23, 2024
[...]

In January 2022, Boston 25 was the first report that Adam Montgomery has long been a suspect in the Darlin Guzman murder.

Darlin’s mother paid very close attention to the outcome of Adam’s horrific murder trial in New Hampshire

[...]

On February 10, 2008, Darlin Guzman was fatally shot in the chest in the parking lot of a convenience store in Lynn’s Austin Square.

[...]

At the time of the murder, Adam Montgomery was 18 years old

But he was already in legal trouble in NH and was free on bail.

From day one, a law enforcement source has told Boston 25′s Bob Ward that Adam Montgomery was a suspect in the case.

[...]

“After the defendant repeatedly struck Harmony. After he put the blanket over her. After she moaned. After the strange crying moaning stopped. After you did drugs and after the car died, you thought she was sleeping under that blanket,” the prosecutor said.

“Why did you think that she may be sleeping after Adam repeatedly struck her?”

“Because she would usually just go to sleep after,” Kayla answered.

Harmony’s mother, Crystal Sorey, cried and at times covered her ears as prosecutors spoke about the horrific ways in which Harmony’s remains were handled.
 (AP)

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Harmony Montgomery’s mother asks court to declare little girl dead amid father’s murder trial​

Crystal Sorey plans to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of Harmony Montgomery’s estate​

snipped​

Ms Sorey requested that the process be expedited, citing concerns about the statute of limitations of six years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Harmony Montgomery’s mother asks court to declare little girl dead amid father’s murder trial​

Crystal Sorey plans to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of Harmony Montgomery’s estate​

snipped​

Ms Sorey requested that the process be expedited, citing concerns about the statute of limitations of six years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.​

imho, it is very important to remember that a newly sober Crystal Sorey wanted the two children to be adopted by the same family.

Newly sober Crystal Sorey had 2 children in the legal custody of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The combined agencies listed scheduled her for custody hearings for the two children at the same time.

Somehow, the CPS workers assigned to the children didn't see that as a problem.

The GALs (or whatever term Massachusetts uses) didn't see that as a problem.

And now Harmony Rene is deceased.

Her death did not occur while Crystal Sorey had legal or physical custody of Harmony Rene.

The combined agencies passed her, instead, to a felon.

And now Harmony Rene is deceased.

Harmony Rene's death has zero to do with Crystal Sorey's parenting. Crystal Sorey's parenting would have added Harmony & Jamison to the same family -- which CPS, the GALs, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts prevented.

The suit may actually spur long-term change within the agencies that placed the vulnerable special-needs child with the convicted felon.

imho, the suit is fair, just, and will benefit the taxpayers of the Commonwealth in the future.

jmho ymmv lrr

snipped​

Good for her! My deepest sympathies are with her. She is doing her best. She did not kill Harmony. Great post Laughing. I thank you for your calm well reasoned kindness that Harnony's poor grieving mother desperately deserves, I don't know how she does it. ((((((LAUGHING》》》》》》

If there is a lawsuit against the state related to Harmony, I hope that her brother, Jamison, is a party to the lawsuit or files his own lawsuit through his adoptive parents, if that is possible. I don't doubt that Crystal (Harmony's mother) cared for Harmony, but other than Harmony, Jamison is a true innocent victim here and will live with it for the rest of his life in a way that no one else will and he should have a right to file his own lawsuit through his own attorney (as a minor) or through his legal guardian(s)/adoptive parents.

FEB 23, 2024
[...]

Manchester police Chief Allen Aldenberg said there needs to be more accountability for Harmony's death.

"This little five-year-old girl, she deserves somebody to be held accountable that failed along the way because we wouldn't be standing here today if other people had done their job," Aldenberg said.

[...]

Sorey's attorney said she will not get true closure until Harmony's body is found.

"I do look forward to representing Crystal and helping her to hold the state accountable for what happened to Harmony. There are people that dropped the ball in state government, and if they had done their job, I truly believe Harmony would still be here today," Rus Rilee said.

FEB 23. 2024
[...]

... Massachusetts DCF employees had requested what's known as an ICPC check, which would require New Hampshire to guarantee that Adam was sober, had a safe place to live, was employed, and was ready to parent Harmony, who had special needs and serious medical issues, including total blindness in one eye.

That check never happened, and the Massachusetts judge granted Adam custody without any guarantee that he had a place to live.

"Adam had only spent - in the period just before the transfer of custody - had only spent 20 hours with his daughter, and so he had never had her for a full day," explained Maria Moissaides, the Director of the Office of the Child Advocate. "The visits occurred in a DCF office that was supervised by DCF staff. He had never put her to sleep. He had never given her a bath. He didn't know, or his wife did not know, what it was like to actually parent Harmony over a weekend."

Still, Adam was granted custody, and Harmony was moved to New Hampshire, no longer under the watch of Massachusetts DCF. Ten months later, she was killed.

[...]

FEB 23. 2024
[...]

... Massachusetts DCF employees had requested what's known as an ICPC check, which would require New Hampshire to guarantee that Adam was sober, had a safe place to live, was employed, and was ready to parent Harmony, who had special needs and serious medical issues, including total blindness in one eye.

That check never happened, and the Massachusetts judge granted Adam custody without any guarantee that he had a place to live.

"Adam had only spent - in the period just before the transfer of custody - had only spent 20 hours with his daughter, and so he had never had her for a full day," explained Maria Moissaides, the Director of the Office of the Child Advocate. "The visits occurred in a DCF office that was supervised by DCF staff. He had never put her to sleep. He had never given her a bath. He didn't know, or his wife did not know, what it was like to actually parent Harmony over a weekend."

Still, Adam was granted custody, and Harmony was moved to New Hampshire, no longer under the watch of Massachusetts DCF. Ten months later, she was killed.

[...]
Does that mean the judge who awarded custody of Harmony Rene should be held responsible? Was it miscommunication? Or non-communication?

Does that mean the judge who awarded custody of Harmony Rene should be held responsible? Was it miscommunication? Or non-communication?

In my opinion only, it sounds like the judge did the bare minimum (awarding custody to someone) to close the case and honestly didn't care to ensure it was a safe placement nor that a traumatized child would have the follow-up medical and psychological care she would obviously need.

Anyone could see she would need follow-up visits by social workers, but I think the judge just saw her as another case to resolve as fast as possible.

It's like the difference between a doctor who makes a quick decision on a complicated case, hoping it's right, and moves on to the next patient, versus a doctor who spends hours researching the patient's condition and consulting with other doctors to try to figure out if there's anything more they can do.
Technically they both did their job, but only one of them tried to save a life.

This is just how I see it. The judge didn't take the extra time for a particularly vulnerable child. MOO/JMO.

In my opinion only, it sounds like the judge did the bare minimum (awarding custody to someone) to close the case and honestly didn't care to ensure it was a safe placement nor that a traumatized child would have the follow-up medical and psychological care she would obviously need.

Anyone could see she would need follow-up visits by social workers, but I think the judge just saw her as another case to resolve as fast as possible.

It's like the difference between a doctor who makes a quick decision on a complicated case, hoping it's right, and moves on to the next patient, versus a doctor who spends hours researching the patient's condition and consulting with other doctors to try to figure out if there's anything more they can do.
Technically they both did their job, but only one of them tried to save a life.

This is just how I see it. The judge didn't take the extra time for a particularly vulnerable child. MOO/JMO.
Im getting major Ayla Reynolds vibes

imho more than the judge.

Preaching to the choir, I know, I know.

CPS workers, employed to PROTECT CHILDREN did not comply with the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children.

The GAL did not comply with the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children.

Then appeared before this judge recommending a violent felon as Harmony's placement with complete legal & physical custody.

While the multi-home visited, multi-compliant family caring for Jamison wanted her.

While Crystal Sorey wanted her two children together.

The judge, CPS, and GALs are employed by the taxpayers to protect children.

imho, each part of this debacle is responsible for her abuse & death.

If only -- the CPS workers had worked to protect the sibling relationship.
If only -- the GALs (or CPS) had worked out a modified hearing schedule so that Crystal Sorey was involved in her daughter's placement.
If only -- CPS, tasked with protecting Harmony, had complied with the Interstate Compact.
If only -- the attorney paid by the taxpayers to protect Harmony had done so.
If only -- SOMEONE had listened to Crystal Sorey & Jamison's new parents.

None of that happened.

Posters -- become a Court Appointed Special Advocate:

AFAIK, there was NO voice for Harmony in this mess, and the taxpayers did NOT receive adequate value for their investment in this system.

Although professionals were paid for this, volunteers from CASA could have brought that voice to the courtroom -- and we would not know dear Harmony Rene's name.

And she would be in DC, keeping those brothers in line....

Yes, this case really burns me, and CPS, the court-appointed attorneys, and the judge should be punished somehow.

At the very least, acknowledge individually & corporately their part in facilitating the abuse & the murder.

jmho, of course
ymmv, between the methadone clinic & Burger King
lrr -- unless the Commonwealth acts

Family court judges rely on family and childrens services professionals to provide reports and recommendations to the court. The judge would have made his/her decision based on the law and the recommendations in the reports.

Family court judges rely on family and childrens services professionals to provide reports and recommendations to the court. The judge would have made his/her decision based on the law and the recommendations in the reports.

The buck stops with the judge, though. A judge could say, "Wait-- we also need to XYZ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59