Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my profiles was a retail supervisor, habit of underbrow glaring, owner of SIg Sauer Elite (226) because of visible outline in jacket.
I always have felt it was an opportunist crime.
The crime it most reminded me of is shoplifting, seeing when no attention is being paid and acting on impulse.

They leaked to create to generate content for argument.

RA is guilty, the police have the evidence so attacking the evidence and investigative process is the plan.
Yes, this. Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

They want to publicly attack the evidence and investigative process in pre-trial when the state is unable to refute.
Nearly all defense attorneys these days do this, especially in high profile, capital murder trials.

Could be, IIRC one of the girls obits said died 2/13 and the others 2/14. That was strange IMO. All I know for certain is... there was NO reason these girls had to die. :( :mad:
Two things... Even though I said I'd stop quoting the Frank's memo because it appears to have a lot of misinformation, I'm back to quoting it.

1709311891853.png
I can only hope what I'm about to say next is the truth, and that Abby didn't die that many hours after being abducted.

I don't believe a coroner can pinpoint the exact time of death. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I think they ballpark it, and usually quite closely. So, the thing I hope that happened is that Libby's obit used the date of the abduction (obits are written by family), and Abby's, even though her wound wasn't a quick death, her family decided to use the date they were found. All that is just a guess, and one I prefer to believe than the poor angel dying that many hours later.

Two things... Even though I said I'd stop quoting the Frank's memo because it appears to have a lot of misinformation, I'm back to quoting it.

View attachment 487274
I can only hope what I'm about to say next is the truth, and that Abby didn't die that many hours after being abducted.

I don't believe a coroner can pinpoint the exact time of death. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I think they ballpark it, and usually quite closely. So, the thing I hope that happened is that Libby's obit used the date of the abduction (obits are written by family), and Abby's, even though her wound wasn't a quick death, her family decided to use the date they were found. All that is just a guess, and one I prefer to believe than the poor angel dying that many hours later.
Would have been a much stronger statement if the defense had met with the medical examiner instead of drawing their own conclusions from the notes (conclusions) of a third party. IMO it’s a throw away statement.
Weak and there was no valid reason to include it in the franks memorandum.

03/01/2024Order Issued
The Court has received and reviewed 4 Requests for Recording of Court Proceedings by News Media relating to the hearing to be conducted on March 18, 2024. Having reviewed the requests, the Court now denies the requests and notifies counsel by way of this Order.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed: Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed: Luttrull, James David JR
Order Signed: 02/29/2024

Authorities haven't released the COD on one case because of a gag order, the only reason we know any of the salacious crime scene details of Abby and Libby are because the Defense leaked it around that order in extremely exploitive and graphic detail.

JMO
I think Ron Logan’s warrant and the conversations it helped generate publicly also may have helped too provide a few details about LG’a and AW’s horrific murders.

<modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
@MaxLewisTV

After previously allowing cameras in the courtroom, the judge overseeing the Delphi murders case has denied our requests to do so for an upcoming hearing. This after she’s had accusations of bias leveled against her. One has to wonder, why wouldn’t you want to be transparent??

1709335471454.png
12:41 PM · Mar 1, 2024

The defense attorneys have made accusations of bias against her, and accused her of essentially blackmailing them into stepping down from the case. That issue went all the way to the Indiana Supreme Court, and the defense attorneys were reinstated by the Justices.

A little more info here…

1709335763663.png

@MaxLewisTV

After previously allowing cameras in the courtroom, the judge overseeing the Delphi murders case has denied our requests to do so for an upcoming hearing. This after she’s had accusations of bias leveled against her. One has to wonder, why wouldn’t you want to be transparent??

View attachment 487360
12:41 PM · Mar 1, 2024

The defense attorneys have made accusations of bias against her, and accused her of essentially blackmailing them into stepping down from the case. That issue went all the way to the Indiana Supreme Court, and the defense attorneys were reinstated by the Justices.

A little more info here…

View attachment 487362

good question, Max. ;)
Now do something about it.
"Journalists, do your job."
FOIA / 1A

(Thanks @arielilane .)

I think Ron Logan’s warrant and the conversations it helped generate publicly also may have helped too provide a few details about LG’a and AW’s horrific murders.

<modsnip: not an approved source>
Edit: It looks like among the other unsealed documents in June 2023, the Affidavit to the Search Warrant, may have discussed the COD as well.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> The more I look at the facts we know as well as the statements left out of the franks memorandum. The more I am sure that RA is guilty for the kidnapping and murders
I think this case, at least from the information known at this time to the public, has too much reasonable doubt. Getting a unanimous decision could end up being difficult. But like so many people have said, maybe there is more solid evidence that will be presented at trial. I can understand why the defense attorneys want this case. There is a lot of reasonable doubt the defense can put forth that will cause a jury to really have to stop and consider the guilt of Richard Allen. He might be the killer, but I do not know if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

In my opinion, the irony for me is that video Liberty German took of bridge guy. I do not see Richard Allen in the phone video, but I can understand why so many other people do and why based on the witness testimony and his placement on the trails and Monon High Bridge it makes sense logically that he was in the woods with the girls and is probably their killer.

This case is a great example of how the evidence(that we know of at this time) looks to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only hint I could find that there are going to be two hearings is this transportation order:
02/21/2024Transport Order Entered
The Court orders the Sheriff of Carroll County, Indiana, to transport the Defendant from the Indiana Department of Correction to the Allen Superior Court for hearings to be held on March 18, 2024, at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and return him forthwith.
Order Signed: 02/14/2024

Will this unfortunate, mentally unstable man RA even survive two hearings in a row? ;)
If he's still only getting 5 hours of rec time per week, he might not.

He'll have to survive the long, round-trip drive and being shackled for hours. (I wonder if they'll let him have an extra shower.) If they travel 465 around Indy, they're taking their lives in their own hands. IMO.

Edit: It looks like among the other unsealed documents in June 2023, the Affidavit to the Search Warrant, may have discussed the COD as well.

All of these docs briefly touch on COD admitting there was a gun at the scene and the victims appeared to have died from sharp force stab wounds.

None of the unsealed docs by Judge Gull went into the extreme graphic and exploitive detail that the Defense did with their Memo. There was no reason to spend how many pages describing the actual CS details (the redressing of Abby alone was what, 9 pages?) That was all speculation on the Defense part, maybe Abby was forced to redress herself before being murdered?

All the Memo had to do was show cause for a Frank Hearing to be held where they could argue their case to prove the SW had factual grounds to be dismissed. They took that opportunity to create and sensationalize a SODDI type of Defense with shock and awe and push their narrative out to the public around the gag order.

MOO

In June Judge Gull unsealed all but 19 records: (who knows how much more they have now since this June 2023 date?)

<snipped & BBM>

Per Gull’s order, 19 of the original 137 documents in the case are still sealed. Those include the list of witnesses that include names of juveniles, as well as the unedited version of the probable cause affidavit — which outlines how Allen is allegedly connected to the murders.

How I wish we were able to read those 19 sealed documents, I wonder what they are exactly, but I'd bet they would answer a lot of questions. I respect that the Judge didn't release them because of possible prejudice to the Defendant (IMO), but I would really like to see LE's outline of how RA is connected to the murders.

So much more evidence against RA than we the public know IMO.

JMO

New Court Docs: Prosecutors believe knife was used in Delphi murders

Here is JG's order regarding what documents were to remain sealed:

06/28/2023Order Issued
The Court has reviewed the electronic file recently and discovered many pleadings and filings have been marked as sealed and confidential, and, therefore, unavailable to the public The Court has consulted with Counsel for the State of Indiana and the Defense and discovered the pleadings have been deemed confidential to comply with the Court Order dated December 2, 2022 which prohibits public comment, commonly referred to as the "Gag Order". Counsel agree with the Court that the public interest is best served by transparency, but that certain pleadings should remain sealed. Counsel agree that the original, unredacted Affidavit for Probable Cause shall remain sealed as it lists names of juvenile witnesses; that the Transport Orders previously entered (and future Orders) shall remain sealed for security purposes; and that the Defense Ex Parte Motions and related Orders shall remain sealed pursuant to long established case law. All other pleadings filed prior to the date of this Order shall be unsealed and available to the public, except for the pleadings explicitly mentioned in this paragraph. Future pleadings and filings that are to be confidential shall comply with Court rules. Further, the Court has consulted with the Clerk of the Carroll Circuit Court about the impact of this Order on her office and staff, and the public interest in the pleadings which are being made available. As hundreds of pages of documents are being unsealed, this may create obstacles to the Clerk and the public. To ease the burden on the Clerk of the Court, and to ensure accessibility, the Court will make copies of the now public pleadings available at allensuperiorcourt.us/Delphi. John McGauley, Allen Superior Court, Court Executive has created this page on the Court's website to make these pleadings easily accessible to the public, the media, and the parties. This link should be active within hours of the issuance of this Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members