Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard about matched blankets.
I will find it for you, I am sure I read it in the PCA. If not I'll delete that. lol. Update: Ok it's in there right before the long redacted part at the end. In all fairness, I am "assuming" they matched and that's how they were able to confirm the location. a lot is redacted but... makes sense.

Last edited:
Because a lot of women are desperate to be “loved”, IMO.
<modsnip> we live in a complex society that perpetuates many behaviours. Society doesn’t provide much of the moral support (also see your example above), needed to raise a child solo and overwhelmingly teaches people that that “need” to be in a relationship to be accepted <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
“What we did was send our units out here and we discovered what appears to be a body. The body has clothing very similar to what the victim was last seen wearing," Lopez said in a news conference.”

Wow. So did she get up and get ready for school and then go with this creep and something happened? Or did she go to her room / sleep in that outfit and something bad happened?
Or did he dress her?

I agree with the theory that he was sexually abusing Maddie. It only makes sense it was her if it was recorded in photos and video in her home (unless some other kid(s) stayed there or he had access to other kids in that residence. I agree he’s a creep! He’s on video disposing of her things and driving with her dead body!

What could have happened that made him an accessory: someone other than him may have killed her. We don’t know. There may have been someone who drugged her and she was found dead that morning by mom and or SS. Maybe there was a confrontation of some sort and she fell down some steps or hit her head? Maybe he was called by someone to come help or something and his response was to stage it to look like she was taken because he was hoping police would look at anyone but him as a suspect?

He knew what was on his phone was going to roast him. He even tried to delete it. He may well have killed her and mom may have really not had a clue that he had or that he had ever preyed on her. But until he is charged (and only he is charged) this could have happened in so many different ways.

Sadly none are good.
I can't disagree, sometimes these cases take the strangest turns.

She said it was with her whole family so I'm sure they would have said something if it were otherwise.

OTOH, maybe she meant that SS was her "whole family" ick ick ick at the thought.
There were others at the party. There is video on one of the Find pages. Maddie looks incredible sad as Happy Birthday is sung to her. She chimes in at one point and blows out her candles. My heart.

For those who haven't seen the video released today. Interview was from Tuesday, 2/27.

Sorry for quoting myself, but in this video interview-

Reporter asks Mom, what was the last conversation you had with your daughter.

JS answers - we spoke about her birthday party, she had a birthday party on Sunday. She had a great time, I couldn't make it because I was working. But she had an amazing time, she was so happy with all her gifts - uh, uh, I, I told her good night, um, yeah that was it. I, I wasn't the one who took her school, that was my partner, um, yeah.

So I think it's clear from this exchange, JS did not see Maddie after she went to bed Sunday night. Hence the "last seen" description of her clothing. She didn't see what she went to bed in, only what she wore home from the party, which I assume was the dress we've all seen in the photo. I'm convinced Maddie's room is upstairs, Mom's room is on the first floor of the condo, so this makes sense IMO.

Sorry for quoting myself, but in this video interview-

Reporter asks Mom, what was the last conversation you had with your daughter.

JS answers - we spoke about her birthday party, she had a birthday party on Sunday. She had a great time, I couldn't make it because I was working. But she had an amazing time, she was so happy with all her gifts - uh, uh, I, I told her good night, um, yeah that was it. I, I wasn't the one who took her school, that was my partner, um, yeah.

So I think it's clear from this exchange, JS did not see Maddie after she went to bed Sunday night. Hence the "last seen" description of her clothing. She didn't see what she went to bed in, only what she wore home from the party, which I assume was the dress we've all seen in the photo. I'm convinced Maddie's room is upstairs, Mom's room is on the first floor of the condo, so this makes sense IMO.

This could even be a phone conversation, possibly FaceTime.

Yes, thank you! I was out all night and missed the 2nd interview that’s been posted. I just watched it. The noises are strange, but when she was said “that should be it” when it stopped made me think it may have been coming from a device of some kind??
Some inconsistencies in the 2 interviews with the mother that I find odd. We shall see…

If she said that (not doubting you, I simply didn't hear it) then it makes total sense to me that it could have been coming from a device. It was difficult to identify what the sound was.

Last edited:
I will find it for you, I am sure I read it in the PCA. If not I'll delete that. lol. Update: Ok it's in there right before the long redacted part at the end. In all fairness, I am "assuming" they matched and that's how they were able to confirm the location. a lot is redacted but... makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying. I assumed the same thing you did but I interpreted your earlier post to mean that our shared assumption had been officially confirmed.

Maddie’s friends and classmates had a chance to speak at the vigil.

“What happened to her she absolutely did not deserve, she was the sweetest person you’d ever meet in life,” one said.

The birthday thing was bugging me because it was reminding me of something. Thank you, I think it was this case.

Anyone know if the enhancement factors on a crime against a child are different if the child is thirteen, rather than twelve in Florida?

MOO
So I looked up my own question.

As of very recently, there is the possibility of someone who rapes a child under the age of twelve getting sentenced to the death penalty in Florida.

So, Madeleine was recently thirteen, but as we know, there may be evidence she had been abused for much longer.

If she was abused by him before she turned twelve, then she was a walking, talking threat, not just to his liberty, but his life.

Whether this actually played a role in her killing, we'll probably never know unless he talks, or evidence is uncovered that is presented at trial. I just thought it would be of interest here.

MOO

Just read the arrest warrant and wow…the description of the CSAM makes me sick. His charges include the verbiage “custodian” so the implication is that the material is of a child in SS care.

Does Madeline have siblings? Because if not, it’s clear to me there was a history of prior abuse. This poor little girl.

"Madeline Soto Search: Mother’s boyfriend performs factory reset on phone day she went missing."

His cell phone led to his arrest. The mother has been in a relationship with the suspect for several years. So far, no criminal history for him has been found, and he's not registered as a RSO, or pedophile. MOO, bet his phone had more past activity, maybe other young children images. (MOO, disgusting creep.)

Warning-- news video shows Mom before his arrest rubbing his back, looking odd, like helpless, that her boyfriend is so upset, watching him put on such a emotional phony scene. Big red flags. Did she see them? She has a habit of pressing her lips together. Did she have an idea about him?

He tried to factory reset his phone at the same time Madeline went missing, but they managed to get some of the images off it. Disgusting show of fake emotion from him. Such a fake interview it reeked of guilt, IMO. Wonder if the mother suspected her boyfriend before this tragic event happened. What was all that "we" about? If she was totally fooled by him, she must be shattered losing her daughter this way. Prayers.

Last edited:
Investigators said they recovered several photos and videos showing Sterns sexually battering a child.

Sterns is not a registered sex offender, according to FDLE’s sexual offenders and predators’ search.

[...]

We went to speak to Madeline Soto’s grandmother’s Thursday. She was not at home, but we spoke by Ring Doorbell Camera.

She said Stephan Sterns and Jennifer Soto have been in a relationship for several years. She said she is worried about Madeline’s safety, especially after hearing what authorities found on Stephan Sterns’ phone.

We spoke by phone to Sterns’ father, Christopher Sterns, who said he was shocked.

[...]

As for a criminal history, Sterns is not a registered sex offender, according to FDLE’s sexual offenders and predators’ search.

"This is the first time he’s been in booked into the Orange County jail. We found no criminal history except a handful of traffic violations.

During the sheriff's office's investigation into Maddie's disappearance, detectives found "disturbing images when they forensically examined Sterns’ phone," according to the X post. Reviewing the phone's data revealed attempts to delete evidence — including "images and videos that were criminal, and sexual in nature."

Detectives then determined that the alleged crimes were committed at Maddie's home in Kissimmee, so they immediately notified local police, the sheriff's office's X post said.

[...]

Stern, who authorities charged with sexual battery and possession of child sexual abuse material, was the last person who saw Maddie alive on the morning of Feb. 26, according to an X post by the Orange County Sheriff's Office. :mad:

Investigators confirmed the discovery of Maddie's body on Friday afternoon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member