Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
her first interview right at the beginning she says she drove to the school, she wasnt there, so she drove around thinking she went to her mother's work office which she claimed was close to the school, THEN she went back to the school and the school was closed. then she emailed the school, they responded so then she called 911. (sheesh I was asking about that earlier :) and forgot whether she called 911 or the precinct...duh. well, she didnt call 911 until 8pm. seems like she was waiting for an email response from school before calling 911?
Shortened and bolded by me.

Or... waiting for a response from someone on what to do or say next?

But she also said they wouldn’t show her the video, did she not? Jenn I mean. Did she not say they wouldn’t show her (or her sister) the video? Seriously asking.

I don't think she said they wouldn't show her the video. IIRC she says she has not seen the video.

Which raises the question, why not? Wouldn't LE have shown it to her to try to ascertain if it was really Maddie? Even if it was grainy I think there's a good chance a mother would recognize her own child. Height, gait, mannerisms, etc.

Edited to add: of course I know no such video exists. My point was JS seemed perfectly okay with not being shown the supposed video of her missing daughter right after she was dropped off for school.

I'm not a parent but it seems to me I would be screaming to be shown that video to judge for myself whether it was her.

Last edited:
One more inconsistency. LE lead off this missing case saying Maddie had told friends when she turned 13, she wanted to go live in the woods.

JS found nothing "weird"? She also said she talked to all Maddie's friends, none of them mentioned this but LE had the info on day 1 or 2? I specifically remember Mina answering reporter's question on this subject.

Am I off on this, maybe it was clarified and I haven't seen the information?
it was mentioned in both pressers. first presser: Sheriff Mina says friends, mom, BF etc were interviewed. he stated they were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on her phone that she TOLD PEOPLE (but he doesnt say who) that when she turned 13 she actually wanted to go live in the woods. which is why they were searching areas like that. he then answered the media question and said: it was either through text msgs or social media msgs.

second interview: he states the same thing: text msgs/social media msgs.

wondering if they recovered that msg because it was deleted or it was still on the phone.

I’m so glad your little one was ok! And also? I wish more parents had your exact reaction!!
Thank you! Yeah, I felt like the whole world had fallen from under my feet. That’s why some of this story about driving around aimlessly and emailing folks isn’t sitting right with me. It took two whole minutes for all five feet of me to transform into Liam Neeson: “I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you!

In the interview with the female interviewer, she says “I went to pick her up, I drove around, I looked everywhere”. In the other interview, she says “we” in place of I

i agree, I don’t know if I could allow myself to believe that. I also noticed that in the interview with the woman, she said “I went to pick her up”, “I drove around”, “I looked everywhere”. The other interview she replaced all the “I”s with “we”..
So where was SS according to her or him whilst mom was driving around looking for her daughter? I’d like to know - how did she manage to go drive to look for her last Monday then in a subsequent interview she said she was sitting by the phone and staying home in case Maddie came back - but also said the kid didn’t know her own address. How was Maddie going to show up at home if she didn’t know where home was??

I can't wrap my head around what JS was doing between showing up at the school at 4:30 and finding no Madeline to contacting law enforcement at 8:00 p.m.? I can understand swinging by grandma's office to see if she had gone there, and if it were me I would have immediately called SS to verify he'd seen her go into the school in the morning, but after that? What else would it occur to you to do? I can't imagine futzing around with emailing a teacher and waiting for a reply. Especially after getting the automatic notification at 6 p.m. that she'd been absent. At that point, you've already wasted an hour and a half and now you know for sure she wasn't in school, so what else is there to do except call 911?

This is very similar to what I posted earlier.
I think she had been persuaded to say these things by SS because she was not there, either sleeping or at work.
I think SS manipulated her into thinking that she needed to say she was there or awake, or she would look like a negligent parent. How he hovers over her, extremely anxious and her slip-ups and strange wording could demonstrate that she was trying hard to say what he told her.
If he has been SA MS for the past two years at least, and she honestly did not know, he has likely played on her anxiety to manipulate her. "You can not leave Maddie alone while you work, let me 'babysit,' then you know she is safe"

JMO
I think he has played everyone in his life. Everyone knows a different version of him. The master manipulator has finally fallen.
Once again JMO
I agree with exactly what you’re saying here. This man manipulated everyone around him. Based on some of what I’ve seen on his Reddit, he came across to me as a know-it-all who seemed to belittle everyone else. He seems to think he is soooo much smarter than everyone else…soooo much wiser and knows so much more about life than everyone else. I’m sure he probably treated JS this same way. I still can’t rule her out, but I do see the propensity for a manipulation factor with regard to how he interacted with JS.

i agree, I don’t know if I could allow myself to believe that.
Id much rather believe my kid ran off into the woods and they'll find her.
So where was SS according to her or him whilst mom was driving around looking for her daughter? I’d like to know - how did she manage to go drive to look for her last Monday then in a subsequent interview she said she was sitting by the phone and staying home in case Maddie came back - but also said the kid didn’t know her own address. How was Maddie going to show up at home if she didn’t know where home was??
I don't understand why SS wasn't out looking for her ? I mean I know why but before that he should have been searching for the girl he dropped off and said i love you to.
Why did Maddie not know her address ? Thats something you drill into preschoolers .

I’ve started a media, maps and timeline for dear MS - I’m through the discovery of her body and will add to it but others feel free ( there is no discussion just links etc)

Many thanks to those who have posted the media links

I don't think she said they wouldn't show her the video. IIRC she says she has not seen the video.

Which raises the question, why not? Wouldn't LE have shown it to her to try to ascertain if it was really Maddie? Even if it was grainy I think there's a good chance a mother would recognize her own child. Height, gait, mannerisms, etc.
Unless it was a ruse by LE to make them feel at ease. To make SS/them think they believed his story.

I agree with exactly what you’re saying here. This man manipulated everyone around him. Based on some of what I’ve seen on his Reddit, he came across to me as a know-it-all who seemed to belittle everyone else. He seems to think he is soooo much smarter than everyone else…soooo much wiser and knows so much more about life than everyone else. I’m sure he probably treated JS this same way. I still can’t rule her out, but I do see the propensity for a manipulation factor with regard to how he interacted with JS.
Bolded by me.

Yeah. That's not proving to be the truth, is it? :cool:

Yes, another logical inconsistency, I agree.

Thank you! Yeah, I felt like the whole world had fallen from under my feet. That’s why some of this story about driving around aimlessly and emailing folks isn’t sitting right with me. It took two whole minutes for all five feet of me to transform into Liam Neeson: “I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you!
The absolute best quote from any movie ever. One of my favorite movies! I think most parents would become Liam Neeson in a similar circumstance. I know I would!

I can’t even imagine driving around with a dead child I just murdered! How long was she in the car? Was she sitting up? In the front seat? How could camera catch her image if she was hidden? He sure had some stupid ways. Just like his videos. Florida has the DP and I hope he gets it!

I agree. She was likely dead before he dumped the backpack. But why oh why did he drive away from the school and why did he go BACK to the dumpster residence with a likely dead girl in his car?!? This won’t have been random. This will have been a decision made with some purpose.
He may have been aware of "phone pings" and was hoping his phone would ping at certain areas for an alibi. MOO.

To be fair, what kind of school notifies parents about school absences, after school is already over? If it's an attendance tracking system, shouldn't they know in the morning?
I agree it would be an improvement. sometimes students run late by their own accord or for parental/guardian delays or apts. they may miss two periods for example. sure, notification at 1st or 2nd period would be good, and if running late, the parent/guardian can disregard the call. basically, its letting the parents know if their kid is skipping. and to be fair, we are not talking about wee ones.

but: for walkers, bikers, bus stop pickup, it would be of great benefit. for a child being transported by a parent/guardian whoever, via a car, knowing you dropped them off AT SCHOOL is reassurance they arrived on the school grounds.

dropping them off anywhere else, as in this case, is a risk that a responsible adult should not take. IMO :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member