Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is per @Gemmie from the last thread. I snipped to reply. "So, I stand by my guess that MSM was wrong when they said he was home UNTIL 2:30. We all know that would have been a lie as he was seen changing his tire between 1-2:30pm."

View attachment 489546

I agree that it is missing the word "until". I guess they can confirm with the vape shop if he went in there, but there is no way he was leisurely hanging around the house vaping. MOO, both their stories contain questionable info and I'm just waiting to see what else is uncovered.

Can't get any sadder, (can it? I hope not.) her 13th birthday party and murdered after. I'm so sorry for Madeline's Family, Friends, and the Community having to grapple with this loss and the sorrow it leaves behind. It's hard for all of us here too.
What's sadder is for mom. Her birthday was the day after Maddie was found murdered and discarded. :( Although the day after Maddie's birthday was MUCH worse for Maddie as she was killed. :(

It's just so sad all the way around. She had SO much ahead of her in life. And, she had done MORE than a lot of adults have, and all by the young age of 13! The wrong person died and the wrong person is still alive. It's just so unfair. :(

There were multiple interviews conducted by two different departments. I wouldn’t be surprised if her story evolved as she was presented with new information.

The “sensitive” term may have been used because this involves child sex crimes.
I agree, but since he is in custody for SA, could it be because this is just the surface of the evidence discovered and so much more is going to be revealed...to prepare for yet another 'OMG'? the arrest narrative describing what they found concerning the 'missing child', (found to be that of Madeline) didnt hold back for sensitivity sake.

I'm more concerned about him working in a theme park full of kids. He didn't need any vacant properties if he was given free access to a young girl in her own home. :(
I think that tells us about him and his interests, but at least that wouldn’t have given him the kind of access he needed. As you says, he got that at home.

I want to know exactly how long he was in Madeline’s life, because the charges filed thus far are based on the contents of one device…

I think that tells us about him and his interests, but at least that wouldn’t have given him the kind of access he needed. As you says, he got that at home.

I want to know exactly how long he was in Madeline’s life, because the charges filed thus far are based on the contents of one device…
the charges filed thus far are based on the contents of one device…

THIS!! One can guarantee there is much more than we know!! I cannot find where I saw it before, but IIRC, there were images that go back to when Madeline looked much younger, 5-6 years ago. I'll try to find them again.

Many people change phones every couple of years, some more frequently. I hope they've looked and collected any and all devices they came across.

MOO

Guys, I'm still hung up on the apparent gap between the time JS called 911 and the time LE responded.

Apparently as a result of this case, the school system is reevaluating how soon absence calls should go out to parents. Even though it wouldn't have helped find Maddie.

If there were truly a nearly four-hour gap between the missing child report being called in and LE responding, you'd think that there would be a corresponding outcry demanding faster response to such a call. Even though that wouldn't have helped Maddie either.

Why the attention to the former but not the latter?

The fact that one of his friends said that SS was caught peeping as a teen gives me a feeling of dread regarding the potential for possible hidden cameras.

I get the impression JS’s family were friendly with SS but begrudgingly tolerated him being in and out of her life. Families typically stay out of chronically on/off relationships to avoid conflict, but I find it almost sounds like they may not have been aware SS was back living with JS. It’s weird that he would have a room in the house when Josh says they were broken up, but SS was insistent he needed to be there for Maddie’s birthday.

I almost wonder if SS was slow to move his things out of JS’s place and left much of it behind because he knew he’d be manipulating JS into giving him regular access to Maddie, despite their relationship issues. I shudder at the thought that SS possibly maintained a sexual/friends with benefits/trustworthy parental figure style relationship with JS so he could keep the door open to MS.

It also breaks my heart to posit that he may have been strategically wedging himself in between JS and MS. If SS was a middle man during any conflict between the two, he could role play as both the listening ear and relatable figure for a teenager looking for solace and guidance from a man who was grooming her, while also acting as an empathetic on/off bf who could validate JS’s parenting experience.

<modsnip - no link>Since his friends seem to allude to him being a pill fiend, I would not put it past him to have messed with JS’s medications to keep her off balance and distracted.

Make no mistake, I do think it’s possible JS could’ve sacrificed MS’s safety for the sake of keeping him around if she felt that she “needed him” and believed she loved him. But I also strongly feel that he was purposely grooming the both of them and taking advantage of a single mom dealing with mental illness and a pattern of relationship turmoil. If she had any part in covering for his crimes, I’m not absolving her of responsibility…just opining on the possible dynamics that led to MS’s death.

Would it be beneath him to have told JS after killing MS: “You’re bipolar, you don’t take your meds as directed/you need more medication than you realize, you’re detached as a parent and I knew Maddie in a way that you don’t, so you better say what I told you to say because if you don’t you’re going down with me”?

IDTS judging by what he did.

I think it’s entirely possible if he was drugging MS he could have been drugging JS too. His toy collections, intense interest in games and Reddit comments and predatory behavior paint him as a calculated person IMO, until he killed MS. After that, he was only operating from pure self-preservation, and in his haste to cover his tracks he made a series of mistakes that led to his arrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm still hung up on the apparent gap between the time JS called 911 and the time LE responded.

Apparently as a result of this case, the school system is reevaluating how soon absence calls should go out to parents. Even though it wouldn't have helped find Maddie.

If there were truly a nearly four-hour gap between the missing child report being called in and LE responding, you'd think that there would be a corresponding outcry demanding faster response to such a call. Even though that wouldn't have helped Maddie either.

Yeah. That’s one of those situations where I wished people raised hell at the delay, in order to force law enforcement to address it. That way we’d know if JS was lying again, or if there truly was a delayed response.

There is. Parents are decrying this system and I do hope our state legislature does something to enact a swift response to prevent any lag time in getting missing children on police radar. I personally feel that a notification of a student’s absence should be sent out as soon as a teacher takes attendance. Doesn’t matter if a student didn’t make it to their first class, missed the second, third, or last class.

Absence from class should be automated via computer software to trigger a phone call and text to parents/guardians as soon as a teacher hits “save” or “send” IMO. If a parent does not reply/call/email to notify the school that their child is out sick or out of school without an approved excuse, I think additional (and approved) emergency contacts should be notified. An accumulation of absences without response or an unsatisfactory excuse (such as repeat or chronic illness with a validated doctor’s note) should trigger a truancy investigation and/or a case opening with CPS and flag the student for being at risk.

If a parent reports that they cannot find and contact their child and a missing persons report is filed by police, a notification should go out to all administrators, teachers and staff. Upon a missing child report, LE should be in communication within the hour of being notified by the school and parent.

These are just my ideas, perhaps some of these machinations are already being utilized to some degree relative to the school, county, state etc but I refuse to believe there isn’t a way to develop algorithms that will automate these processes.

the charges filed thus far are based on the contents of one device…

THIS!! One can guarantee there is much more than we know!! I cannot find where I saw it before, but IIRC, there were images that go back to when Madeline looked much younger, 5-6 years ago. I'll try to find them again.

Many people change phones every couple of years, some more frequently. I hope they've looked and collected any and all devices they came across.

MOO
I hope they spoke to the old roomie who found CsAm on a network drive (source: grey Hughes. YouTube). Because if I recall rightly, that happened like what, ten years ago? No way this is limited to just MS.

There is. Parents are decrying this system and I do hope our state legislature does something to enact a swift response to prevent any lag time in getting missing children on police radar. I personally feel that a notification of a student’s absence should be sent out as soon as a teacher takes attendance. Doesn’t matter if a student didn’t make it to their first class, missed the second, third, or last class.

Absence from class should be automated via computer software to trigger a phone call and text to parents/guardians as soon as a teacher hits “save” or “send” IMO. If a parent does not reply/call/email to notify the school that their child is out sick or out of school without an approved excuse, I think additional (and approved) emergency contacts should be notified. An accumulation of absences without response or an unsatisfactory excuse (such as repeat or chronic illness with a validated doctor’s note) should trigger a truancy investigation and/or a case opening with CPS and flag the student for being at risk.

If a parent reports that they cannot find and contact their child and a missing persons report is filed by police, a notification should go out to all administrators, teachers and staff. Upon a missing child report, LE should be in communication within the hour of being notified by the school and parent.

These are just my ideas, perhaps some of these machinations are already being utilized to some degree relative to the school, county, state etc but I refuse to believe there isn’t a way to develop algorithms that will automate these processes.
.edited by me. Because all I needed to say was absolutely agree with this!

If this was a suicide (say an OD) then that doesn't explain why they would get rid of her body and create an elaborate ruse.
I could see this possibly being an "accidental" death during a crime, such as choking on something, or overdosing from being given drugs so that she could be assaulted.
Or straight out murder.
I don't believe any activity could have taken place in their apartment without both of them being aware of it. (How does someone carry a body down a flight of stairs inside the apartment and then out the front door without the other noticing?)
IMO.
Unless the other person was heavily sleeping? and by heavily I mean medicated.

*starts about 2:00 mark

*In the episode of "Hidden Killers With Tony Brueski," Jennifer Coffindaffer, a retired FBI special agent, discusses the heart-wrenching case of Maddie Soto, a 13-year-old girl murdered shortly after her birthday. The conversation focuses on the suspicions surrounding Stefan Stern, the live-in boyfriend of Maddie's mother, Jen Soto, due to the discovery of sexual material involving Maddie on his device. The dialogue sheds light on Jen Soto's questionable reactions during interviews, her contradictory statements, and the lack of emotional response, drawing parallels to other cases and pointing out the improbability of her ignorance regarding the abuse.

Last edited:
Re: SS & JS family: In the Hughes interviews, we have one of the friends, I believe it was Josh, telling us JS' extended family lived WITH SS, JS and MS in the condo at one time.

I do not believe we were given a date of when this was, but if anyone has the motivation to go through his interviews again, we could reasonably determine. We were told that at that time, JS & SS had their own bedroom and MS had another and that all of the common areas in the condo, such as a living room where other family members were watching television, were strictly OFF LIMITS to guests of JS& SS. As a guest, he was only allowed in the bedrooms of JS&SS and weirdly, MS.

I’ve added the latest videos you all have posted to her media thread

Local media is silent… I’m afraid this is going to be bad when everything does come out
JMO
(FYI the Media thread link is on page 1 of every new thread)

I’ve added the latest videos you all have posted to her media thread

Local media is silent… I’m afraid this is going to be bad when everything does come out
JMO
(FYI the Media thread link is on page 1 of every new thread)
Thank you so much for doing this.

There does seem to be a big difference between the interviews given by people who are genuinely distraught about a missing person and the ones done by those who know that person is dead and 99.9% of the time a vast majority of Websleuthers can immediately spot the difference and instinctively notice when something does not feel right.

This!!! The public was all over the two of them from the start.

Re: SS & JS family: In the Hughes interviews, we have one of the friends, I believe it was Josh, telling us JS' extended family lived WITH SS, JS and MS in the condo at one time.

I do not believe we were given a date of when this was, but if anyone has the motivation to go through his interviews again, we could reasonably determine. We were told that at that time, JS & SS had their own bedroom and MS had another and that all of the common areas in the condo, such as a living room where other family members were watching television, were strictly OFF LIMITS to guests of JS& SS. As a guest, he was only allowed in the bedrooms of JS&SS and weirdly, MS.

This was a super weird bit of information to me too. I wonder if that was really the family rule or if SS just made it seem that way? Not sure what the reasoning would be behind that, unless the family really didn’t care for SS and his friends and made it known they didn’t want them hanging around their common areas.

I do think that if the rest of the family were living with them, someone would have noticed SS’s odd behavior and Maddie being dead. I’d think someone would have noticed him going in and out, holing himself up with JS to come up with a plan etc. JS and SS make 0 mention of any other family members being in the condo that day, which makes me wonder if any of others still lived there or if SS somehow strategically pulled this all off under their noses. IDT he is that savvy though. If they didn’t like him and he was repeatedly moving in and moving out, I can imagine the Soto family leaving the condo to the three of them to get space away from him.

I do not want this to seem as an attack on those with bipolar. I am speaking as someone who was married at one time to someone who was diagnosed. This is based on my experiences and clearly everyone is different, so keep this in mind.

It is not uncommon for people with bipolar to enjoy the highs and resist medication.

It is not uncommon to "act out" sexually, at least in certain states. (I'm not leading into JS molesting her daughter by pointing this out, but I am saying the illness itself may have predisposed to some unusual attachment/bonding/activities/etc with SS)

Now that we have heard about her struggling with bipolar, her shaking in the interview also makes a bit more sense. It could be a form of agitation, etc. Her change in appearance also makes some sense to me too as the meds have that as a side effect.

Also, many of the meds ARE sedative in nature. She certainly could have been gone to the world, however I would question why on that particular morning? If she was normally the one doing the school run AND she was awake (in her statement) to see MS get ready for school? i.e. she wasn't totally out of it that morning.

Could JS meds have been used to sedate MS? I think THIS is probably possible.

Also? Given what we have learned about SS and HIS family relationships, particularly his mother? I think he likely has some issues as well, beside the obvious ones. I think the two of them are a pair, personally. Look at JS all rubbing and reassuring SS, comforting in the interview while HE does the "I'm so upset" routine. She doesn't look coerced or afraid. She looks likeshe is worried...about HIM.

Good point. I totally get what you’re saying…I have Borderline and I have to take atarax daily for anxiety (it’s actually an antihistamine commonly used for anxiety, also to make you sleepy before surgery)…I take it at night and try to avoid taking more than one because it makes me feel syrupy.

So here’s a question for you, as well as for everyone else that I hadn’t considered until you commented…let’s say JS says she was asleep and/or too tired to have known what SS was doing in the early hours of the morning before she went to work…do we believe her?

I could believe that SS attacked MS during the night while JS slept could have been his pattern when MS was in her room. But afterward? Me personally?

Highly doubt it.

Now I do understand that some people sleep like the dead, bc I am one of them. I rarely hear my parents leaving for work in the mornings or wake up to interact with them…one of them leaves at 6:30 AM and the other leaves at 7:30 AM. I also leave my door open and it faces our kitchen. It’s possible that any noise could be attributed to SS caring for pets (letting the dog in or out, and/or walking the dog) or him getting ready for the day, making breakfast for MS, etc… presumably JS could stir and go back to sleep on that assumption.

This being said, it appears to me that JS was coached and was struggling to not slip up. Their BL and mannerisms during the interviews sent up red flags to the general public almost immediately - you don’t have to be retired LE or a BL expert to see it IMO. Jennifer Coffindaffer (retired FBI) was on a podcast yesterday I believe, and they discussed that SS and JS seemed to have mismatched behavior on camera. SS is weepy, red eyed (his friend Josh claims he looked stoned…IA as a former stoner) and seemingly inconsolable, while JS appeared glazed over at times, disassociating heavily, gazing at the ceiling, and mostly flat in tone. JS was comforting SS instead of the other way around. That dynamic alone in the second interview reeks of it being overly performative in attempts to draw attention away from SS.

I would be interested in knowing if JS made it on time to work…did she call in late or show up late? If so, is that normal for her? I would want to know what her demeanor was during work…was she at all distracted or struggling to stay on task? Did she take more breaks than usual to text or call with SS? Was she at any point making frequent trips to the bathroom to use her phone if she’s not supposed to be on it at work?

I also want to know if SS has a receipt from the vape shop. Or if there’s an electronic time stamp for his purchase if he used his phone and didn’t take a paper copy. I can’t imagine he didn’t buy anything if he went to the trouble of going. Did the clerk notice anything unusual? If he’s a frequent customer at that shop, was SS unusually anxious or jittery? That could be explained by a nicotine addiction withdrawal, but considering he had dumped Madeline shortly beforehand, I can’t imagine he wasn’t at least a little outwardly stressed. However, he seems like he could be relatively convincing if he was downplaying his anxiety over what he just did…esp to a service worker who wouldn’t have reason to suspect anything. Was he on camera at the vape shop? Most have them since they are booming with business these days. And items like glass pipes and bongs (vape stores often cater to smokers/stoners in general) are high value in bulk.

Lastly, what other errands was he running? Did he tell JS about the errands, and if so, when did he text or call her about said errands?

So many questions.

Last edited:

Since she was at least 9 years old that I'm aware of. I'm thinking it would be earlier than that, by at least a year or two, but that's JMO. Could even be as long ago as 2017, the year one of you all posted that she got divoriced. Again, JMO.

There is a photo ,for which I cannot find a link but it was shown on here ,which shows Madeline, JS and SS in which Madeline looks around 5 or 6. Didn't one of the people in Grey Hughes video say that SS had known JS for around 8 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann