Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viewing the Allen Co. court calendar for 3/18 it seems it is not up to date. Does the recent order issued by JG outlining the court rules pertain to both hearings or just the afternoon? As it specifically states hearing not hearings, courtroom 1 and doors will be locked at 1:45. The court calendar for courtroom 1 at that time (I redacted for privacy)
03/18/2024
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM EST
Case:
02D01-2312-CC-002766
Everwise Credit Union v. K. B.
Court:
Allen Superior Court 1
Description:
Status Conference
Judicial Officer:
Williams, Andrew S.

Morning hearing says courtroom 5
03/18/2024Hearing
Session:
02/12/2024 9:00 AM, Rescheduled
Session:
03/18/2024 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Comment:
To be held in the Allen Superior Court 5
Court calendar for courtroom 5 shows 103 hearings, morning sessions with a magistrate and afternoon sessions with a different magistrate and JG (mostly JG). She is also scheduled for afternoon session hearings in courtroom 4. Then I looked at J. David Zent (he presides over felony cases like JG does) and see he only has a couple hearings in the morning so he could probably cover for JG. I could look up the people scheduled for court under JG and see if the hearings were moved but I don't have time for that! Trying to figure this out is like trying to figure out the Delphi case. I give up!
Link to court calendar.

I was planning on going Monday (even bought Depends, lol j/k!) but my teen daughter's car (that me and hubby own as she is a student and works 2 jobs) started making an awful noise and mechanic can look at it Monday so that's where I will be. Thankfully we have an extra vehicle so I don't have to drive her around as I already do that for my older disabled daughter who can't drive.

I see what you mean. That article is dated after this other individual (the one that notably mentions the-- spitting??) had already been dealt with, at least they knew who he was. So agreed, was this other person ever traced? So now, I'll also be waiting on this, as well as the cellular data.
Not sure if these are all the same, but both of these were reportedly tracked down & cleared.

The defense claimed one of the people, allegedly cleared by investigators early in the investigation, had social media posts with imagery that matched what the defense claims were pagan symbols at the crime scene. Upon seeing the images, an Indiana State Police investigator allegedly requested another interview be done with the potential suspect, but that Allen's defense attorneys do not believe officials ever followed up.
Another person with ties to Odinism also confessed to a relative that he had been involved in the murders and even spat on one of the girls at the crime scene, Allen's defense claimed. That person's alibi allegedly did not hold up, and the relative later passed a polygraph test when questioned about what he had told her about his involvement, according to the filing. That person was also cleared.

Source

They were told to stop working on the case shortly after this part. I wonder if they located that guy.

Hopefully they did. It is just my opinion but it must be EF they are talking about.

Oct 18, 2018

EF sits for videotaped interview. Page 71, Footnote 88

Aug 21, 2023

Trooper Purdy admits in deposition that the Liebert sketch of man she saw morning of murders resembles EF. Page 80, number 43. Footnote 105.

The man depicted in an old sketch released to the public two years ago is no longer believed to be the person who killed teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi, Indiana State Police said.

The man in the 2017 sketch was a person of interest in the investigation during that period, police said.

The new composite drawing released by officials on April 22, 2019, of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders.

Now, that's no longer the case. Investigators believe the man shown in a sketch released during a press conference on Monday "more accurately" represents the person who killed the teens in February 2017, State Police said in a news release on Wednesday.

While both sketches were drawn in 2017, police clarified that the renderings are "not the same person."

The old sketch shows a man in the age range of 40 to 50 years old, according to police. He appears to be older than the newly released sketch, which appears to depict a much younger man.

On Wednesday, police said the man in the second sketch could be in his 20s to late 30s. His appearance could be different, police say, if he has grown facial hair or has longer or shorter hair.

"The Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22," the release said.

So oopsie, for 2 years we were led to believe old BG was the one to BOL for, then BAM disregard old dude sketch and BOL for a new and improved (the quality) much younger and cleaner suspect... totally different features all together. Umm okay... sure. :rolleyes:

I cannot place the two men next to one another for you but can provide a link to a video with RL in it.

It begins with Ron saying, "And this is the gate they left down..."
It's not clear to me who left the gate down, LE of the killer(s).

View attachment 490725

This is insane, according to this clip this was filmed on February 16th. The crime scene is clearly released as RL and the reporter are standing in the middle of it.

Attachments

• IMG_7716.jpeg
    IMG_7716.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 23
The man depicted in an old sketch released to the public two years ago is no longer believed to be the person who killed teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi, Indiana State Police said.

The man in the 2017 sketch was a person of interest in the investigation during that period, police said.

The new composite drawing released by officials on April 22, 2019, of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders.

Now, that's no longer the case. Investigators believe the man shown in a sketch released during a press conference on Monday "more accurately" represents the person who killed the teens in February 2017, State Police said in a news release on Wednesday.

While both sketches were drawn in 2017, police clarified that the renderings are "not the same person."

The old sketch shows a man in the age range of 40 to 50 years old, according to police. He appears to be older than the newly released sketch, which appears to depict a much younger man.

On Wednesday, police said the man in the second sketch could be in his 20s to late 30s. His appearance could be different, police say, if he has grown facial hair or has longer or shorter hair.

"The Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22," the release said.

So oopsie, for 2 years we were led to believe old BG was the one to BOL for, then BAM disregard old dude sketch and BOL for a new and improved (the quality) much younger and cleaner suspect... totally different features all together. Umm okay... sure. :rolleyes:
Would it be possible, though, that both sketches are relevant? Meaning if LE believes more individuals than BG involved, then could the younger sketch still "match" with someone involved in the deaths? Or are they saying, like, yeah-- this younger sketch in no way matters.

I concur on the gate location in the cemetery, and I for sure remember LE going in and out of the CS through there.
I watched those old RL interviews a dozen times at the beginning, I was 90% sure he was BG for about a minute the first week. Maybe it was before I got fixated on BG's "white thing" so I wasn't looking... but it seems to me like RL has a "white thing" of his own going on there.

View attachment 490769
Yes, it's the zipper to his hoodie. MOO

Hopefully they did. It is just my opinion but it must be EF they are talking about.

Oct 18, 2018

EF sits for videotaped interview. Page 71, Footnote 88

Aug 21, 2023

Trooper Purdy admits in deposition that the Liebert sketch of man she saw morning of murders resembles EF. Page 80, number 43. Footnote 105.
Thanks, I appreciate your opinion. I still have questions about this.

EF involvement was well known by LE, P and the D's by Sept 18, 2023 when the Franks Memo came out.
Your article was dated Oct 7, 2023.
He wouldn't have been "unknown" by the time it was published, would he?

Also, the warrants for info on the "unknown" person came out of Marion Co. I'm not aware of EF residing in that county. From his FB, he has ties to Rush Co. and Fayette Co.
Why would Marion Co. be issuing warrants on him?

(Quotes we are discussing)
Among the recent evidence related to Odinism the defense said it has received is search warrants signed by judges in Marion County for phone and internet records of at least one unknown person who admitted to killing the girls.
The attorneys said this person provided details about the crime scene that were unknown to the general public at the time.
“Such as the fact that he used knife in way consistent with the manner of death and also claiming that he used gun but never fired it,” Allen’s team wrote.

JMHO and FWIW: In retrospect and upon reconsidering recent motion-flurries, including pushing for Gull's recusal once again - one wonders if Hennessy and Balwin/Rozzi are largely long-gaming. They (very likely) have informed expectations re: Monday's outcome. (Experienced counsel calculate the odds.)

Not forgotten: Gull appointed this Defense team; and she's asserted she'll remove this Defense team and appoint another. The Court has discretion, appointed counsel answers to the Court and is not independent as is a private counsel ... tough luck for the indigent.

Hennessy's public filings this week give sunlight to Court and State and Defense-sourced leaks as well as State and Court over-reach in the Westerman Leaks matter. And the fact that a lead investigator (Holeman) lies/obfuscates on the regular. The public has details on the Leaks at last. Baby steps: these revelations made the docket timely as they should per Writ #1 to SCOIN.

It's fair to ask if the recent flurry of filings was meant for the record and for the benefit of another, higher Court. There are more than few pokes at Gull from Hennessy in his submissions; perhaps he feels free to poke (because he knows his audience isn't this Court). Gull's Court's ignored Defense recent submissions as would a Court that considers the matter decided. As Hennessy asserts, Gull's position as to the matters re Monday's contempt hearing, was revealed months ago.

IMO, as an elected justice, (whatever the trial) Gull's positions reflect upon her elected office; she's understandably cognizant of both the micro/local climate and this trial's global audience; she's now determining this trial's boundaries which involve "imprisonment" for loud gasps from the gallery.

I may have to move my chips; cameras are welcome by sharper minds at the SCOIN.

all JMHO
Any professional attorney doesn't 'poke' at the Court in Motions. IMO that goes to show the character, or lack thereof, of the so called 'professional'.

It's sad to see the lack of respect, mockery and the desperation coming from this group of Defense team. It has worked against them in establishing any credibility and will work against them in any appellate issues IMO.

Too bad they aren't putting this time and effort in defending the Defendant RA instead of themselves. Perhaps they know the new information has made that a moot point and they are now working to save their own reputations.

I'll say it again, RA would have had better representation with S&L.

JMO

I don't think so.
My quote is from the article Caylee Advocate posted and talks about an unknown person.
I take that as not being the one you're talking about.

From your linked article, the D claims it, the P reinvestigates it, now the D wants it to stop? Classic R&B

<snipped&BBM>

“While Defendant Allen takes no exception with the State reopening its investigation, directing its focus on other suspects in this case, Defendant Allen desires that there be some end to the offering up of new information,” Allen’s attorneys wrote in Monday’s filing.

If it supported the D's theory why wouldn't they be overjoyed? Because it doesn't support RA IMO.

JMO

Too bad they aren't putting this time and effort in defending the Defendant RA instead of themselves. Perhaps they know the new information has made that a moot point and they are now working to save their own reputations.

I'll say it again, RA would have had better representation with S&L.
Amen!!
Seriously, coming into this, I had a completely neutral position regards RA. When I found out the defense was responsible for the leaking, I was so disgusted, I now fear every time I review items from this case that the poor image I have of his attorneys will be projected onto him. I have to like mentally "wash" his defense team out of my head in order to try to objectively review the evidence actually available.

I'm not saying everything they do is wrong. I know they're highly experienced, I know they're more experienced than the prosecution. I don't care, JMO, the things they have gotten wrong have been stupefyingly wrong. I have nothing but sympathy for this defendant when it comes to his counsel issues, completely agree he'd have been better off with the other set of lawyers he had available. His own lawyers could be grounds for appeal-- by him! (Is that possible? Probably not considering he demanded them back.)

Wow, that would surprise me if he comes to his attorney's contempt hearing. But then again, they are his attorneys.
I think a Defendant should have the right to be present during all of the hearings in connection to his case. Maybe RA doesn't understand, or hasn't been made aware, of the full scope of misconduct alleged against the Defense?

It will be interesting to hear how it all unfolds.

JMO

5 years old.....

This is insane, according to this clip this was filmed on February 16th. The crime scene is clearly released as RL and the reporter are standing in the middle of it.
If that's accurate, doesn't it sort of support BMcD's timeline in regards to the CS, which might add credence to what she said about the bullet evidence?

If that's accurate, doesn't it sort of support BMcD's timeline in regards to the CS, which might add credence to what she said about the bullet evidence?
It is absolutely accurate. It was two days later, I remember it well. It was almost the same time the BG photo first appeared on 2-15, and I was sitting here looking at RL, then BG, then back to RL. It felt like a slam dunk at the time.
This is from the local TV station; it was posted online on Feb 16, 2017. It shows RL and another guy inside the crime scene tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member