Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

With all my hope that the victim (miraculously) recovers: MOO, of interest to me is what went on in the lives of these aggressor girls, both the attacker and the others on video, that led to mob mentality of beating and fighting and honestly, again, reiterating, MOO: looking neglected and unwashed in ill-fitting clothes. I watched the video and my mind went directly to Lord of the Flies.

Every time I see there's a new post here, I dread reading it, especially after what the grandma said.
The severity of her injuries does not bode well for a damage free recovery, but I still have to have some hope for this young girl.
It's just so brutal and senseless.

Part of me thinks surely there must be way more to the story here… but I come up blank on what that could possibly be to warrant such a brutal attack.

With the posturing of the victim immediately post-injury, a full recovery is highly unlikely. Any type of meaningful recovery isn’t very likely either.

It seems to me this was a kind of prearranged fight between 2 antagonistic groups,
after lessons and a few streets away from school.

Or was it a way leading to and from school and they simply met there by chance after lessons?

It looks like an ongoing conflict which ended in tragedy.

JMO

Part of me thinks surely there must be way more to the story here… but I come up blank on what that could possibly be to warrant such a brutal attack.

With the posturing of the victim immediately post-injury, a full recovery is highly unlikely. Any type of meaningful recovery isn’t very likely either.
Absolutely nothing warrants that attack, nothing.

The aggressor needs to be charged and tried as an adult. The DA should look into charges for those that stood around and recorded it. The aggressor should be charged with attempted murder. They knew slamming somebody's head repeatedly onto concrete could kill them. Maybe the parents should be Crumbley'd. Somebody who has that level of rage should spend the rest of their life behind bars. They contribute nothing to society and don't deserve to take part.

So, this is interesting, talk about "passing the buck" the District Attorney office states,

"St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell called the video “sickening” but said that his office did not have the power to act in the case.

“This is a Juvenile court matter, unless it is certified and by law, certification is not our decision either,” Mr Bell wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “We pray the victim makes a full recovery. This is just heartbreaking.”

The school district statement is interesting, and minimizes this to an incident between "children".

"In a statement posted on Facebook, the Hazelwood School District said it was a “tragedy” anytime that a child is hurt.".

Has her attacker been publicly named yet? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. (The media seems to protect these criminals identities. Remember the shooting at Chief’s Super Bowl parade where they wouldn’t name the shooters.) This was a Hate Crime and attempted murder. If you commit an adult crime, you do adult time. The family is probably waiting to see if she comes out of the coma and if her brain damage is permanent, they may make the choice to let her go. The unnamed attacker will then face a Hate Crime and murder charges.
I think because she's a minor they aren't releasing her name, but not sure.

I think because she's a minor they aren't releasing her name, but not sure.

Interesting. Because the victim's name is out there, and even updates about her medical condition. She is also a minor, her identity is not being withheld. Or her medical status, which could be considered a HIPPA violation. Even if her parents are releasing it, legally, can parents disclose confidential medical information about a teen without their consent?

Interesting. Because the victim's name is out there, and even updates about her medical condition. She is also a minor, her identity is not being withheld. Or her medical status, which could be considered a HIPPA violation. Even if her parents are releasing it, legally, can parents disclose confidential medical information about a teen without their consent?
To answer the last question, yes, they can. She is a minor. Her parents are in charge of medical decisions and how/when info is released.

To answer the last question, yes, they can. She is a minor. Her parents are in charge of medical decisions and how/when info is released.
Her age aside, she's also not making any of her own decisions right now, she has a serious, probably life-changing TBI. If she survives, she's probably going to be in recovery and rehab for a long time. Her parents are going to be making choices and decisions until she is able to.

MOO

True, but WS wouldn't allow us to name a kidnap victim here, even though her name was widely known. Because she was a minor. This seems to be a similar situation.

1710700329748.png
Terry Nordstrom Thompson, Gain’s grandmother, shared a graphic on her Facebook page that read, “U ever just cry yourself to sleep begging God to heal everything you’re going thru…” and wrote, “Everyday right now.”

She also shared a graphic that read, “No matter your child’s age, when they are hurt, your heart hurts too.”

Her age aside, she's also not making any of her own decisions right now, she has a serious, probably life-changing TBI. If she survives, she's probably going to be in recovery and rehab for a long time. Her parents are going to be making choices and decisions until she is able to.

MOO
Several articles have already referenced frontal lobe damage. I know only time will tell, but that doesn't bode well for executive function, sadly. (If she pulls through at all.)

It is a real dichotomy in how they are treating the two.

This is not a HIPAA violation. HIPAA only restricts providers from disclosing information, not family members. And yes, her family is allowed to disclose whatever they want, even if she was an adult. HIPAA does not restrict family or anyone else from disclosing someone's medical issues.

Prayers for Kaylee and her family, I can't imagine what they must be going through. I don't think there has been a significant update in several days since the initial reports of this tragic incident. Their silence speaks volumes.

IMO, the fact KG had immediate seizures is not a good sign.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk
Back