Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

Even with all that, accidents will still happen, IMO. You really can’t bubble wrap the world.

I think looking back at my wild youth in the 80’s and 90’s I’m lucky to be alive. Now, I don’t see the attraction of getting wasted but back then, it seemed fun to “party.”

Best thing we can do I think is have conversations with our kids/young loved ones about the dangers of overindulgence and hope for the best.
Same here. Sowing our wild oats can unfortunately become life threatening. Just thinking about Riley, how he never even knew what hit him. One minute he was laughing and having the time of his life. The next he was wandering around lost, then gone. :(

I've seen barriers that high in areas around the Grand Canyon. If someone wanted to they could step over them and peer over the rim. Insane, but I've seen it with my own eyes which turned my legs to jelly just watching them.

It's not feasible to create barriers around everything. At some point in time, if warnings and barriers and fencing don't stop individuals from ignoring them, what are you supposed to do?

yes and people have fallen that way there too

Not sure whether anyone has highlighted this in news accounts:

"Given Strain's height and weight, police were expecting his body to surface between 14 and 20 days if it was in the Cumberland River.

"This is the 14th day so we were really expecting anytime soon to find him," Drake said.

I saw that information in a news report this am, and was surprised to hear they had a formula that could determine his possible location if he had fallen in the river. And they were right.

why should the family not be on those apps?
social media good qualities too
such as the ladies who found Riley's bank card were livestreaming on their tiktok channel
Well because they said it was so hurtful and hateful and it wasn't helping matters. I just don't see the point in looking at that stuff and then complaining about it being so hurtful.

How do you explain the credit card being found on the embankment if he accidentally fell 30 feet over the railing?

It doesn’t make sense.

look back on the threads
there's lots of posts speculating how that could happen
my opinion is it fell out either when he pulled his phone out or while he was falling

Last edited:
How do you explain the credit card being found on the embankment if he accidentally fell 30 feet over the railing?

It doesn’t make sense.
I once slipped and tumbled half a flight of stairs. Holding a cat. My phone was in my jeans back pocket and my card and license in the other. My jeans were tight.
I only cared to brace enough to save my cat from injury.
Guess what fell out of my pocket and fell through the stairs opening?
My license. 3 floors down.

Well because they said it was so hurtful and hateful and it wasn't helping matters. I just don't see the point in looking at that stuff and then complaining about it being so hurtful.

I don't know what you mean by 'that stuff'
and who complained about it being hurtful?
and because sometimes you have to weed through the bad to get to the good

Last edited:
I saw that information in a news report this am, and was surprised to hear they had a formula that could determine his possible location if he had fallen in the river. And they were right.
Yes which is why i believe where he went in is important. I understand some don't feel that way <modsnip: no source link>

Last edited by a moderator:

It doesn’t make sense.
Maybe he accidentally dropped his bank card and when he went to try and locate, he fell in river? Maybe he was calling for a ride or something and reached in pocket for bank card to put in payment?

Yes, but it was not police who found him? Also, was his phone located with body?

It was a quite fast ID for 2 weeks in the water. I don’t think birthmarks would be visible, though.
Maybe his phone and wallet helped with ID? I just still cannot grasp that no one from the fraternity group made sure he got home safe? My daughter is graduating high school in 2025 and then going on class Mexico trip. I will make sure she has at least buddy system of 2 others. Riley was an adult but this was a fraternity class trip out of state. Like I wish someone from group made sure he got a ride back to hotel or something. I think Riley planned on waiting for his group to pay tab and come outside, but bouncer may have asked him to leave outside premises. So sad for the family. I think laws should change when establishments decide to boot a customer. This 22 year old was left outside with no whereabouts of his hotel and no buddy with him to make sure he got back to hotel in his state of mind. Just so sad.

If you look for my earlier post, I address this and post a link to toxicology info. They *might* be able to determine this, but they would have to look very specifically for it and be supremely careful in their methodology.
I think best determination of drug or not is his fraternity group that partied with him his last night alive. I don't think he was drugged, but he did seem wasted. The way he was able to sober up at least in front of cop...denotes to me it was like intoxication of whatever he chose to drink or ingest. He seemed so lost and determined to get back to his hotel but he just was so unfamiliar with where to go. This is just so sad and his death was so avoidable but we cannot go back in time.

yes and people have fallen that way there too
Still unclear where he exactly fell in river. His body seemed to want to vomit at least from what the couple saw....makes me wonder if he was vomiting at bridge onto water and accidentally fell off bridge. I think his bank card was in his shirt pocket or separate from wallet, so maybe he fell near vacinity of bank card and body traveled in water with current to found location. The girls who found his bank card are heros in the sense of puzzle piece to what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back