OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think there is a lot of misinformation going on. Them just picking the kids up at the guardians house makes a whole lot more sense than them just meeting at a location just a few miles away from the house.
^^RUBM

While this is true, this is not like most situations where children are being collected and returned to a neutral party. In this case, the mother and missing victim VB, is contesting the temp guardian of her children, and was set for a custody trial. However, due to delayed trial date, VB recently Motioned to seek increased visitation of her minor children, and a hearing on this Motion was set for April 17. MOO

<modsnip> I cannot link the document, because now the links (for me) are showing 'case does not exist'. Are you still able to get in?
Weird... the FB page I pulled for VB last night is also gone now.
Currently, the Ordered location is Four Corners. In VB's recent motion seeking increased visitation, she proposed the changed location to Elkhart, KS but this motion has not been heard yet. A hearing is scheduled for April 17.

In my experience, it was within the last 30 minutes (while I was viewing) that the case file suddenly became "secured" and no longer accessible for public view.

This document is secured and can not be viewed.
Please try again later. If the error persists, please contact the webmaster.

Case Number: FP-2019-00001
County/Court: CIMARRON
Event Code: 2100

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems at this point, it would be helpful for LE to release the exact location in Four Corners OK where the exchange of the children was to take place, so any witnesses could recall if they saw anything. Usually these exchanges take place in public - often at a CPS office, but also often at a restaurant or other building where others are present.

Children aren't exchanged somewhere out on an abandoned roadway, like where the car was located.
I would guess the location was the long-closed truck stop (still open in 2008). MOO

Found a new public lead. On Demand Court Records Oklahoma

edit: had to remove / change link. THIS one is the case for VB, not the father of the kids.

edit2: So when in odcr.com, and click on the particular case..... I get redirected to this oscn.net site (Oklahoma State Courts Network). Many interesting cases here are still visible.

Last edited:
BBM

IMO, the fact that OSBI won't say where the children are is very telling. If this was a random crime, OSBI would say, the children are at home with their guardian, who reported the two missing when they failed to arrive and is cooperating with LE, etc.
I sure hope they are somewhere safe with folks who truly care

Butler's stepmother, Guadalupe Torres, and father, Clinton Butler, separately told NBC News that Veronica had been engaged in a heated custody dispute. Court records show a custody case was opened in late March 2015 and closed nearly a month later.

MOD NOTE:

Anyone who has ever sent a PM knows how to make a private conversation - it's just a PM with more people added. Make it yourself, add up to 19 (or 20) other members you are finding interesting.

It is a violation of TOS to ask for invitations to private groups, and it clogs the thread with "and me" posts. Again. Make one yourself and add whoever you want.

Why is that concerning?
It is concerning because the standard for sealing court documents in Oklahoma is very high and this situation likely would not qualify. The only time entire cases are taken down from OSCN is during trial to prevent jurors from doing their own research. I am curious if these records are accessible in person at the courthouse. Even if they are, this is still concerning from government transparency and judicial authority standpoints.

This does not look good for turning out positive. I sure hope I'm wrong! Did the guardian actually have the children at the meeting place when mom didn't show up or is that just the story being told? So many questions...

This does not look good for turning out positive. I sure hope I'm wrong! Did the guardian actually have the children at the meeting place when mom didn't show up or is that just the story being told? So many questions...
We don't know that. We just know that they did not get the kids and the car was found at least in the general area of where they were supposed to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000