Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channel 9 has obtained the 911 call that Soto’s mother made to report that the girl was missing.

Reporter Daryl Matthews is listening to that call and will provide a full report on Channel 9 Eyewitness News at 4.

IIRC the 911 call has not been released before?

What makes you so against those who think it could have been death by suicide? It's as valid as any other theories at this point imo.
I'm not against anyone who holds that opinion, it just never struck me as a likely scenario compared with the idea that the person who had extreme anger issues and who had been abusing her for years finally killed her. I agree that all theories are valid at this point since none of us were there that night to see what actually happened.

I'm not against anyone who holds that opinion, it just never struck me as a likely scenario compared with the idea that the person who had extreme anger issues and who had been abusing her for years finally killed her. I agree that all theories are valid at this point since none of us were there that night to see what actually happened.
I agree. I think if Madeline had committed suicide things might have been different that morning. How and when would she have been discovered and by whom? Would it be when she did not emerge from her room to get breakfast ? Would people in the house put a late appearance due to the party the previous evening and wait for a while before going into her room?

I personally think Madeline died a few hours before her backpack and computer were dumped.

Channel 9 has obtained the 911 call that Soto’s mother made to report that the girl was missing.

Reporter Daryl Matthews is listening to that call and will provide a full report on Channel 9 Eyewitness News at 4.

IIRC the 911 call has not been released before?
what irritates me is if they have it, why not post it for their readers/viewers to hear. Why tell us our reporter is listening to it (nanner nanner nanner) :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this!
Poor SS had to sleep on the floor with toilet paper as a pillow.
The sheriff is trying to establish rapport with SS with general chit-chat.
The sheriff obviously knows the camera is rolling.
How do these rides get shared with media? Does the sheriff department sell them?
Wondering if people have some sort of right to privacy until proven guilty?
Just curious, even though we know he's guilty of awful crimes...
MOO
you're welcome, I know the sheriff had to do his job plus he's well aware of the body cam He was great,

I believe the YT creators fill out a FOIA request and they pay a fee (no idea how much) and most of the time they seem to get it. That would never fly in Canada. I believe a lot of it Is public information in the US. I'm sure someone in here ( from the US) , can explain it much better than me.

what irritates me is if they have it, why not post it for their readers/viewers to hear. Why tell us our reporter is listening to it (nanner nanner nanner) :rolleyes:
Exactly... "I have a major secret, but I can't tell you what it is"
honestly, I think they're cracking down on the YouTubers. Many cases have been turned into a 3 ring circus by misinformation, or people going to locations and causing trouble. Summer Wells, Gabby Petito, Quinton Simon, Karen Read (and that is the shortlist)

What is SS whinging about? He doesn't get a blankie? Cry me a river. That guy driving him is far too nice.

PS--wth The guy is talking about his KID with SS?? Wow. Just wow. Maybe they're supposed to chat to him to see if he says anything, but just yuck.
I suspect the sheriff was floating that scenario to see what SS would say.

"Reporter Daryl Matthews is listening to that call and will provide a full report on Channel 9 Eyewitness News at 4."

Hopefully they include the actual audio. I don't know if it will help at all, but I'm sure we'd all like to hear it for ourselves.

jmo

This article says the 911 callers name(s) have been redacted. Why? It sounds like people began searching for Maddie before police arrived. How many people were looking? Who? What was mom like during that time while waiting for police?

It’s maddening not to have answers to these and many other questions yet.

[...]
The District Nine Medical Examiner's Office says her autopsy can't be released because she's a minor whose death was related to an act of domestic violence, and is therefor confidential and exempt from release.
[...]

Hopefully this puts any suicide speculation to rest for good.
For the life of me I can't figure out how the medical examiner could come up with her death being domestic violence. Don't they just examine the body, or do they get info from LE in order to come up with their findings. I Googed a bit and didn't see where LE gives them 'the goods', but I didn't spend a whole lot of time with that search.

For the life of me I can't figure out how the medical examiner could come up with her death being domestic violence. Don't they just examine the body, or do they get info from LE in order to come up with their findings. I Googed a bit and didn't see where LE gives them 'the goods', but I didn't spend a whole lot of time with that search.
If you read that article carefully, it doesn't say the ME's office declared it a DV, but that her death is related to an act of DV, and since she's a minor, the info isn't being released.

And sadly, my first thought was, this may also be how LE knew she was deceased early that morning. Either video or pics taken by SS may be the way they both know it was an act of DV, and that she was deceased long before she was allegedly taken to school. Ugh.

jmo

This isn't my area of expertise, but my understanding is that the medical examiner and law enforcement work hand in hand with the death investigation. The ME doesn't work in a vacuum without any knowledge of what LE knows. The ME's office responds to the scene to start the death investigation and collect the body once they're notified by law enforcement, so I imagine there's a lot of sharing information there right from the start.

Well, they specified her death was related to an act of domestic violence, not that the COD is domestic violence. They won’t release the manner of death or autopsy report since she’s a minor.

My guess now is she was killed in the course of being assaulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592