VA - Herndon, Joseph Ryan shot, Christine Banfield stabbed, both deceased, in home - Feb 2023

According to testimony today, the AP and husband went to a shooting range together 2 months before the killing. The husband later returned to buy the gun that the AP subsequently used to kill Joe Ryan.

Further details coming on WTOP...

I truly don’t understand why there hasn’t been a second arrest yet. I can only hope the authorities are playing it safe and waiting for something definitive they can use…

MOO

I truly don’t understand why there hasn’t been a second arrest yet. I can only hope the authorities are playing it safe and waiting for something definitive they can use…

MOO
Is he trying to let all the blame fall on her? The big question, who stabbed Christine? I can't make up my mind.

The theory hinted at in the fall was that they hoped by locking her up she would flip and strengthen a case against BB. If there was forensic evidence that she was the stabber she would have been charged. LE has referred to JR as a victim and speaks of holding someone "accountable" for CB's murder. So, think they are playing a waiting game, JMOO.

MOO
The judge ruled on Monday the case can proceed to a grand jury this month so I expect a second arrest will come as a result of the GJ finding.

Last edited:
Could not find a single report on results of Tuesday's bond meeting.
Not all prior bond hearings were covered by media. All the coverage of the prelim the day before seems to have preempted coverage of this one.

I disagree that an additional arrest will come out of GJ proceeding, I think it may take a lot longer to charge the stabbing murder. The charges against JPM are much more straightforward and elements are addressed in her statements and forensics. That a date has been set to work out trial logistics indicates likelihood of indictment. At preliminary hearing judge noted that statute does not require a finding of motive.

BB has received 3 speeding tickets since October (public record) and has a court date today for the 2nd of the 3.
54/35 SP
51/35 SP
56/35 RECKLESS

Seems like odd and risky behavior for the single parent of a young child.
he is under a lot of stress.

the thing I do not understand is how R got in the house- was the door left open for him? Did CB say "who are you and what is going on?" Did they tell him that would be part of the fantasy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back