CANADA Canada - Tamra Keepness, 5, Regina, Sask, 5 July 2004

One of the individuals who was involved in the making of the recent documentary on Tamra Keepness which is on Paramount Plus posted a link to both parts of the documentary on Vimeo. The documentary has been posted by Efran Films, a production company. If anyone want's to watch this: here are the links to both parts below:

Part 1: NSA_Tamra Keepness Master 2022-08-31_H.264

Part 2: NSA_Tamra Keepness Pt2 Master 2022-09-01_H.264

Please share your thoughts!

Could this missing woman be related to Tamra? speculation, imo.

Could this missing woman be related to Tamra? speculation, imo.

Yes! Summer Favel is Tamra Keepness’s sister.

Very sad news.

''REGINA - It’s a reality that Erica Beaudin often sees.

The chief of Cowessess First Nation said on Wednesday she has worked with Indigenous families where parents and grandparents die before their missing children are found.

And it’s what happened to Tamra Keepness’s mother, Lorena Keepness, who died suddenly in late May. She was 49.

“This is too often a reality for our families of (missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls),” Beaudin said, as she offered her condolences to the Keepness family.

The chief spoke at an annual barbecue marking Tamra’s disappearance. It’s been 19 years since she was last seen in her home in Regina. The child had been five years old.

A sense of mourning hung over the event this year as those in attendance reflected on the family’s loss.

Beaudin described the mother as someone who was dedicated to her children.

“She was an incredibly beautiful, complex spirit. She was a woman who loved her children dearly,” she said.''

And it’s what happened to Tamra Keepness’s mother, Lorena Keepness, who died suddenly in late May. She was 49.
Jeez, she was so young. When Tamra disappeared, her mother was only 1 year older than she would be today. I hope answers didn't disappear with her mom's passing.

Jeez, she was so young. When Tamra disappeared, her mother was only 1 year older than she would be today. I hope answers didn't disappear with her mom's passing.

A coworker of mine knew Lorena Keepness briefly (I forget how) and says she doesn’t think Lorena was involved in Tamra’s disappearance.

Personally I think it was either Russell Sheepskin or a complete stranger who was involved. Unfortunately, from what I gather, there was nothing to suggest any type of forced entry into Lorena and her kids home so anyone could have walked into the home and taken Tamra. Who knows?

It is good that her siblings have been reunited, especially now that their mother is gone, as if she is ever found alive, she’s going to need the family love and support to heal!

I just finished watching both episodes of Never Seen Again about Tamra on Paramount+. I'm appalled that the whole investigation seemed to be focused on the mother and the breakup of the family by children's services. I didn't see any mention of suspects outside the family or the possibility of an abductor entering the home. Nor was there any mention of Danita Bigeagle going missing from the same neighborhood three years later or if there were other similar disappearances of children.

Danita has a thread here also...

Where is Tamra???

I just finished watching both episodes of Never Seen Again about Tamra on Paramount+. I'm appalled that the whole investigation seemed to be focused on the mother and the breakup of the family by children's services. I didn't see any mention of suspects outside the family or the possibility of an abductor entering the home. Nor was there any mention of Danita Bigeagle going missing from the same neighborhood three years later or if there were other similar disappearances of children.

There were no other disappearances of children in Regina. I believe there's only one suspect who has never confessed. I don't think he even has the decency to do a death bed confession when his time comes.

Unfortunately, Tamra’s body was never found, so there wasn't enough evidence to convict. Also, everyone was on drugs and/or drunk that night, which means any witness testimony is questionable.

Now both Lorna and Russell are dead.

Last edited:
Danita has a thread here also...

Where is Tamra???

I believe she was disposed of in a dumpster, which was brought to the landfill. That's why they did a landfill search so soon, but as anyone who watches true crime knows, landfills are notoriously difficult to search. Especially when the victim is a small child.

A coworker of mine knew Lorena Keepness briefly (I forget how) and says she doesn’t think Lorena was involved in Tamra’s disappearance.

Personally I think it was either Russell Sheepskin or a complete stranger who was involved. Unfortunately, from what I gather, there was nothing to suggest any type of forced entry into Lorena and her kids home so anyone could have walked into the home and taken Tamra. Who knows?

It is good that her siblings have been reunited, especially now that their mother is gone, as if she is ever found alive, she’s going to need the family love and support to heal!

I don't believe Lorna was the one who murdered Tamra, but her negligence may have contributed. She was messed up on drugs and was out working the stroll. She left her young kids alone all night. I don't blame Lorna though. I think she was a victim of circumstance. She was struggling with a lot. I believe a predator saw a vulnerable young mother and took advantage.

After Tamra’s disappearance, her bio Dad, Troy Keepness, suspected Dean had something to do with it. Six weeks after Tamra went missing, Troy went to Lorna's house to have a talk with Dean. Troy ended up assaulting Dean during this talk and was arrested. Take that as you will.

Dean got into a fight with Lorna around 8:30 PM the night Tamra went missing. Him and Russell left the house, Lorna went out. Around 3 AM, Dean and Russell returned to the house. Russell told police that Tamra was there, asleep on the couch. Almost as soon as Dean and Russell got home, Russell was violently assaulted by Dean in the front porch area. Russell left to get stitches, meaning Dean was now alone in that house with the kids.

That house is built with the front porch leading directly into the living room. Tamra was right there in that living room on the couch. Who would Dean take his violent rage out on next? Dean had no license or vehicle as he was irresponsible and unemployed (lived off of Lorna) so he disposed of the body in the most convenient way he knew how.

Police tried intercepting the garbage trucks but they were unable to stop each and every one.

Last edited:
Keepness was last seen in her home at 1834 Ottawa St. around 11 p.m. the night of July 5, 2004. She was five at the time.

Police searched an area around Wascana Creek shortly after the girl's disappearance. Roads near the Regina airport were blocked to facilitate the search. There have also been extensive searches in and around the family home in central Regina, air searches of the city and surrounding areas, and a search near Echo Lake on the Pasqua First Nation.

A woman who told police she and her boyfriend had kidnapped Tamra sparked an extensive search of the Muscowpetung First Nation in the fall of 2004, but the claims were found to be false. The woman received an 18-month conditional sentence after pleading guilty to public mischief for misleading police.

http://www.canada.com/regina/leaderpost/news/story.html?id=344c3ec9-1a4f-43b6-a568-05e2ded03957
I wondered why they spent so much time searching the reservation instead of where Tamra disappeared from. The Never Seen Again episodes didn't mention this or I missed it.

I don't believe Lorna was the one who murdered Tamra, but her negligence may have contributed. She was messed up on drugs and was out working the stroll. She left her young kids alone all night. I don't blame Lorna though. I think she was a victim of circumstance. She was struggling with a lot. I believe a predator saw a vulnerable young mother and took advantage.

After Tamra’s disappearance, her bio Dad, Troy Keepness, suspected Dean had something to do with it. Six weeks after Tamra went missing, Troy went to Lorna's house to have a talk with Dean. Troy ended up assaulting Dean during this talk and was arrested. Take that as you will.

Dean got into a fight with Lorna around 8:30 PM the night Tamra went missing. Him and Russell left the house, Lorna went out. Around 3 AM, Dean and Russell returned to the house. Russell told police that Tamra was there, asleep on the couch. Almost as soon as Dean and Russell got home, Russell was violently assaulted by Dean in the front porch area. Russell left to get stitches, meaning Dean was now alone in that house with the kids.

That house is built with the front porch leading directly into the living room. Tamra was right there in that living room on the couch. Who would Dean take his violent rage out on next? Dean had no license or vehicle as he was irresponsible and unemployed (lived off of Lorna) so he disposed of the body in the most convenient way he knew how.

Police tried intercepting the garbage trucks but they were unable to stop each and every one.
In the Never Seen Again episodes I previously mentioned, Lorena Keepness acknowledged having had a drug problem but claimed she was not on drugs when Tamra went missing.

Also, Tamra's sister Summer said she was the one sleeping on the couch that night. Tamra had been sent upstairs to bed. In post #38, it states that Russell Sheepskin said Tamra was sleeping on the couch so there is some confusion on that issue.

Lorena, also, stated that she entered the locked house through a window that night. If she could do that without waking people up, maybe someone else did too. Post #2 mentions the nearby abduction of Cecilia Zhang from her home while her parents were sleeping. The abductor is rumoured to have entered the house through a kitchen window.

In the Never Seen Again episodes I previously mentioned, Lorena Keepness acknowledged having had a drug problem but claimed she was not on drugs when Tamra went missing.

Also, Tamra's sister Summer said she was the one sleeping on the couch that night. Tamra had been sent upstairs to bed. In post #38, it states that Russell Sheepskin said Tamra was sleeping on the couch so there is some confusion on that issue.

Lorena, also, stated that she entered the locked house through a window that night. If she could do that without waking people up, maybe someone else did too. Post #2 mentions the nearby abduction of Cecilia Zhang from her home while her parents were sleeping. The abductor is rumoured to have entered the house through a kitchen window.

You have to take everything these people said with a grain of salt. All three were hard-core addicts. Even the police have stated numerous times there are holes in their version of events. Just because Lorna claims she wasn't on drugs that night doesn't mean she is telling the truth.

Regardless, she left her children alone all night in one of the city's worst neighborhoods. The oldest child that night was ten years old. Her history with drugs and alcohol have been well documented. I am not saying she was responsible for Tamra’s murder but her actions certainly didn't do much to prevent it from happening.

Cecelia Zhang was not at all abducted near by. She was abducted in Toronto, a major city. Regina's population was 179,200 in 2006 while Toronto's was 5,125,000. The cities are 2,686 KM apart.

There is a two hour window when Dean McArthur's whereabouts were unaccounted for. It was when Russell left to walk to the hospital to get stitches, after Dean assaulted him in the Keepness home. Dean claims it took him two hours to walk to his aunts house, which was only blocks away. He said that he walked there to go to sleep. This is during the time frame that Tamra presumably went missing. Why didn't Dean just pass out at the Keepness house? After all, he lived there.

Multiple publications who have interviewed police have said that Sheepskin stated it was Tamra asleep on the couch. I guess we'll never really know for sure. Time passes, people are influenced, memories start to grow a bit blurry. In any case, I feel confident that no bogeyman snuck in through a window and stole her. I mean, it's possible but definitely not probable.

I grew up in this city. I used to walk all around that area nightly. I met McArthur a year after Tamra went missing. I talked to him about that night personally. He didn't admit it to me but he said and did some very odd things.

Last edited:
You have to take everything these people said with a grain of salt. All three were hard-core addicts. Even the police have stated numerous times there are holes in their version of events. Just because Lorna claims she wasn't on drugs that night doesn't mean she is telling the truth.

Regardless, she left her children alone all night in one of the city's worst neighborhoods. The oldest child that night was ten years old. Her history with drugs and alcohol have been well documented. I am not saying she was responsible for Tamra’s murder but her actions certainly didn't do much to prevent it from happening.

Cecelia Zhang was not at all abducted near by. She was abducted in Toronto, a major city. Regina's population was 179,200 in 2006 while Toronto's was 5,125,000. The cities are 2,686 KM apart.

There is a two hour window when Dean McArthur's whereabouts were unaccounted for. It was when Russell left to walk to the hospital to get stitches, after Dean assaulted him in the Keepness home. Dean claims it took him two hours to walk to his aunts house, which was only blocks away. He said that he walked there to go to sleep. This is during the time frame that Tamra presumably went missing. Why didn't Dean just pass out at the Keepness house? After all, he lived there.

Multiple publications who have interviewed police have said that Sheepskin stated it was Tamra asleep on the couch. I guess we'll never really know for sure. Time passes, people are influenced, memories start to grow a bit blurry. In any case, I feel confident that no bogeyman snuck in through a window and stole her. I mean, it's possible but definitely not probable.

I grew up in this city. I used to walk all around that area nightly. I met McArthur a year after Tamra went missing. I talked to him about that night personally. He didn't admit it to me but he said and did some very odd things.
I agree that a "bogeyman" entering the house is unlikely; however, I do think it can not be excluded.

Lorena did not deny her history with drugs. She just denies using them that night. It could go either way. I do suspect that someone that has to break into their own home and then goes to sleep on the couch instead of going to bed or checking on her children could be under the influence of alcohol, etc. She doesn't deny drinking that night.

In another post, it was said that Russell Sheepskin was renting a room in the basement. One post said he was her boyfriend. Dean McArthur is quoted as saying she was his common law wife. If this is true, it sounds like an explosive situation. Then, add in her ex-husband. It seems reasonable to expect something to happen sooner or later; whether or not it did or had anything to do with Tamra disappearing is in question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back