Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they need to rethink the kids on the bridge myself. For some reason, I think this was done by kids.....

I agree, it would be a good ideal to go back to the beginning and go over everything, again....the time-line and the over-kill has to be a "clue".

this mentions the truck load of kids, teens...notice the article says a "tip reported pickup full of boys in area SAME TIME of the killings.....yet LE says they are cleared?...jmo

QUOTE....
Agents investigated a tip Wednesday that someone reported a pickup full of boys in the area at the same time of the killings.

"We contacted those individuals, and yes, they had a shotgun," Rosser said. "They told us they were down there shooting, just like they would have been on any Sunday. There's nothing to indicate that they are suspects." http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

How are you so sure there were none on the bridge that day? Who was on the bridge that day? No one? I thought I read somewhere in one of these posts or news clips that there were kids on the bridge. How credible is the witness who saw the POI?

The OSBI has never said anything about "anyone" being a suspect yet.

You must live in the area since you know the stats of how many kids between 14 and 18 live there.

I think kids could keep a secret if they committed the murders. People are executed all the time who never confess to their crimes.

OSBI has continually stated they have witnesses that saw the POI that day. Not just one witness. The sketch artist also said he met with the witnesses when he was compiling the sketch.

Of course they haven't. Most never do after the Richard Jewell fiasco happened. They use POI now.

From what we know now there was one witness who saw the girls walking shortly before they were killed.

imoo

I think what they said was the eyes were hazel or brown (the sketch shows light brown/hazel eyes) - which can look green or brown depending on the light and what color the person is wearing. My husband has hazel eyes and most of the time they look brown - but they look green if he has on a green or turquoise shirt. In this case the POI had on a black ball cap - which may have made his eyes look brown to anyone viewing him from a few feet away driving by. Perhaps it was ONE of the 3 witnesses we know about that said the eyes looked "hazel" to him/her - maybe that witness got closer to the POI or saw the POI with more light on his face?

I think the POI has hazel eyes which may be described as brown or hazel officially (as in a legal description on a DL or ID or mug shot) depending on whether the person thinks of himself as having hazel or brown eyes. Most NA's that APPEAR NA have brown or hazel eyes. I have seen several NA's who appear ethnically NA with very light hazel eyes and they can indeed look green, especially on women who play up the green with cosmetics.

At this time I believe the POI has some version of brown eyes - but the only eye color we can rule out is BLUE.

My Opinion

I sure don't remember seeing or hearing that. I thought the description has always been "brown eyes."

imoo

FC, back on the kids for a moment... I see in one of Rosser's video's he says that he spoke with the kids, and that the report of kids has been reported in the area, that they said they were 3 miles away shooting off a bridge but, they had a 410 shotgun. (I'm wondering at this point how they knew this was the only shotgun and that they didnt get rid of a gun) The water was up very high that day due to all the rains, not only in Bad Creek, but at North Canadian River which was about 3 miles away. which in my opinion would be a good way to get rid of a gun, (guns) by ANYONE who had a gun.
Just before Rosser said this, the first question that was asked of him was "is there any body you are trying to talk to that you havent been able to talk to yet?" And Rossers says, that certainly there are, we're talking about young people, it's summertime, sometimes they may not be working and may be visiting their friends..."

I like going back to these old videos cuz sometimes you pick up something you didnt before. What does your friend think about this?

For discussion purposes: could this be a case of blame the generic NA?

I wonder because locally we have cases where the generic black guy is blamed only to find out later it was all a lie.

If there were multipliable sightings from completely independent sources then that would be a different matter.

BUT if the sightings were from sources that were connected in any way it could be throw the NA guy to the lions. If in fact there was ever a NA guy in the first place – back to my generic NA theory.

Also wouldn’t saying that he is possibly not a full blood muddy the waters even more since that would increase the POI pool of suspects dramatically?

The NA was seen just before the shots were heard so has there been mention of the girls location at this point?

If I had seen the girls walking towards someone so suspicious that I made note of all his particulars then heard gun shots minutes later I would have been calling 911!

MOO

I sure don't remember seeing or hearing that. I thought the description has always been "brown eyes."

imoo

I'm with you Ocean. Where are people getting this "Green eye" stuff from anyway??
I've never heard the POI's eyes described any other way, but brown.

If anybody has a link to a presser or an article where the term green or hazel eyes is used, please link me.
I just hate being out of the loop.
Thank you!
:)

What proof does LE have, other than their word, that they weren't there? And could one of the boys ran?
My mind still goes back to when I heard that one of the girls had already told a boy she goes to school with, that she was going to tell on him about something. I dont remember if it was true of fact but it was said somewhere.
Think about it. If there was more than one boy there, and they walked up on them at the bridge, caught something, then were going home to tell, the guys could have come after them.
If I was with someone who killed someone, and I was a kid and knew I couldnt move away, I would be scared to death to talk, in fear that one of the others, who made a pact to keep their mouths shut, would get me somewhere, even if it was on a school ground.
When we look back at kids who have shot kids, as schools, etc, they seem so.... cold, calculation, emotionless, that they dont care!
This is just a theory that has been going around in my head since day one and I havent heard anything yet to make me believe that couldn't have happened.

sorry for the long post

I still think there is a stark likeness to the POI and Byrd.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=2740

Artists that do this kind of work will tell you that if they are working with several witnesses that saw one perp they each tend to focus on differing aspects of the face and overall view. Some may focus on the eyes where others may be drawn to the hair or height/build or overall facial area.

The artists must try to pull out what he thinks is the strongest focused point for each witness and then merge it into one sketch.

I do not expect the POI and the actual killer to look exactly the same as if taking a photograph. There will be similarities in the overall sketch of the POI and the killer when found, imo.

imoo

I agree they look very very close and could very well be the same. But can they hold him on just looks? Maybe they are watching him closely now?

I remember the "half European" being mentioned fromt the very beginning. OSBI stated that from the beginning

FC, back on the kids for a moment... I see in one of Rosser's video's he says that he spoke with the kids, and that the report of kids has been reported in the area, that they said they were 3 miles away shooting off a bridge but, they had a 410 shotgun.

(I'm wondering at this point how they knew this was the only shotgun and that they didnt get rid of a gun)

The water was up very high that day due to all the rains, not only in Bad Creek, but at North Canadian River which was about 3 miles away. which in my opinion would be a good way to get rid of a gun, (guns) by ANYONE who had a gun.
Just before Rosser said this, the first question that was asked of him was "is there any body you are trying to talk to that you havent been able to talk to yet?"
And Rossers says, that certainly there are, we're talking about young people, it's summertime, sometimes they may not be working and may be visiting their friends..."

I like going back to these old videos cuz sometimes you pick up something you didnt before. What does your friend think about this?....

It's smart to go back and review...I found this statment by Rosser very vague.
Rosser said this, the first question that was asked of him was "is there any body you are trying to talk to that you havent been able to talk to yet?"

And Rossers says, that certainly there are, we're talking about young people, it's summertime, sometimes they may not be working and may be visiting their friends..."

The point of the question was about the 5 boys, shooting on the bridge that Sunday....and now suddenly some are out of town visiting friends? and they can't be questioned?
What kind of an excuse is that? are any of these kids kin to anyone "with clout" that could "pull strings"..
I still say, 5 boys in the country, would possibly ALL own a gun...imo

I have often wondered if the person who called in the POI was just sitting him up! Maybe he just stopped to pee, and parked the truck the way he did so the girls couldnt see him, if he was closer to the house, and they were closer to the bridge at that time. It dosnt take long to pee.. and if someone did see him, no wonder he looked suspicious.
one more thing..... how in the heck did anyone get close enough to know the color of his eyes, and not be better in describing him?
My eyes are green... with golden flecks all through them, and circled in a really blue blue. Mostly they look green, have been said to look hazel, but I had a opthomologist tell me they were blue! They definately are not blue. MAybe the poi had eyes that change too, but darker. My son does. Sometimes his are green with gold flecks, and sometimes the gold appears bigger and they look more brown. He doesnt have the blue rings around the iris of his eyes like I do.
imo just things to consider Where did this green eye thing come from anyway. Someone said from Roy at topix

Ok, what we know for a fact

Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker were brutally murdered June 8th 2008
Two different calibers of bullets were used.
A white truck, ford or chevy was seen "somewhere" in that area June 8th 2008, 2 wittnesses
2 wittnesses heard the shots.
Not a lot of information for the OSBI

I remember the "half European" being mentioned fromt the very beginning. OSBI stated that from the beginning
Would you happen to have a link to that, Lifesaver? or at least point us to what video it was on?

Would you happen to have a link to that, Lifesaver? or at least point us to what video it was on?

Yes, I would like a link to this too.
It's not that I don't believe people, I just want to keep my facts straight, because if the LE at some point described the POI w/green eyes, and being HALF Caucasian/European, that broadens the field of prospective suspects, and I'd like to know.

Yes, I would like a link to this too.
It's not that I don't believe people, I just want to keep my facts straight, because if the LE at some point described the POI w/green eyes, and being HALF Caucasian/European, that broadens the field of prospective suspects, and I'd like to know.

Ditto

going shopping. will catch up with you all later. I sure hope something breaks. I love the good work of these sluethers!

There is no link to kids being on the bridge,because nobody ever said there were kids on the bridge WHEN THE GIRLS WERE KILLED. Rosser said "the bridge was a popular hangout and kids gathered there to shoot, throw rocks in the water, etc. I have read and listened to everything and there was never a mention of boys (or anyone) shooting at the bridge, or ANYONE being on the bridge at THAT TIME.

There were at least THREE separate witnesses in 3 separate vehicles that saw the POI and only ONE of them places him on County Line Road.
There was ONE witness who saw the girls walking on County Line Road - going in the direction of home - he and OSBI are evasive about whether he also one of the three people who saw the POI.
THREE different witnesses heard the shots, they are not the same witnesses who saw the POI.
The 3 witnesses (or witness sets - could have been more than on person in any of the 3 vehicles) ) that saw the POI are not related and they all described the same person and the same truck.

Back to the sketch artist Harvey Pratt - he is a retired LE officer AND retired Asst Director of the OSBI. He does work for the FBI and is a very highly regarded sketch artist and facial reconstruction artist. He gives seminars to LE all over the US on how to interview eye witnesses when doing a sketch. He would not fall for a made up POI - and in interviewing each witness separately he would be able to determine that the person did or DID NOT see the POI or that all witnesses are making up his "generic NA" features.

If anyone can find a statement from ANYONE stating that there were teenage boys ON/AT BAD CREEK BRIDGE when Skyla and Taylor were shot I did not see that and would like to read it. The ONLY thing I read was there were 5 boys in a PU truck seen that day but the boys were NOT involved in the killing and I believe I read later that the boys were interviewed, did have a shotgun but that they were confirmed somewhere "miles" away when the girls were killed.

"Kids" could be responsible but if so, they weren't on Bad Creek Bridge target shooting THAT DAY at 5PM. The witness that saw Taylor and Skyla walking would have had to cross Bad Creek Bridge - and surely since he reported seeing the girls literally MINUTES before they were killed (and he and OSBI are "not answering that question" when asked about whether or not he also saw the POI) he would also have reported seeing the "boys on the bridge" too.

One sociopathic kid is not far fetched, but TWO?? Most school shootings and violent crimes by kids are ONE KID - and most of the time he is dead at the end (and if he has one, along with his partner) suicide by cop or by their own hand. Or if more than one kid is involved and it's something random or clandestine (like this murder) it is usually one "leader" and a follower or followers - and almost 100% of the time, the follower or one of the group of followers, "tells". And once someone "tells" LE puts the screws to the weaker kid(s) and one breaks pretty fast. Kids do something like this to BRAG about it or boost their egos or make a statement - otherwise WHY DO IT? What good is being a bad-azz and killing two girls if you can't tell anyone how you are such a bad-azz? What good is it to "show everyone" you won't be bullied anymore, if you can't prove to them you are not a "wimpy boy" anymore? Kids talk (and talk and talk and talk) and post on facebook and myspace et al. If it was kids, it won't stay secret for long - if it even still is. Somebody will talk or say what they "heard" to an adult or LE.

My Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member