Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be normal for 22 year old to have the neighbor's numbers in her address book? Unless that neighbor had a student (person around her age) she went to school with??

She was close to Holly. And my 22 year old daughter has some of my neighbors numbers. She's friends with the younger ones.

I've been wondering about this though... if he said a higher amount ($50 or $100, etc versus the true low amount) would that cause a higher theft charge if he ever wanted to prosecute the thief?

I think he knew it was Casey -- and maybe he was going to use that as leverage on her about the Caylee visitation/phone call issue.

Just a thought... :waitasec:

I posted this before but I think George also included the damage to the shed lock in the $50 total. And maybe even the cost of the actual gas cans?? Just a thought....

I don't think she was counting on it being towed either! It definitely sounds set up for being stolen where she might even have wanted to pin that on whoever had Caylee. Then she finds out from her mom that the car was back at their house with everything in it and comes up with the nanny-abduction at the apt. Her not calling her dad about the broken-down car is very telling, imo.

the thing of it is we don't really know what she did or didn't tell her father / ask her father to do.

Yeah, reminds me of in one of the Lee phone calls from jail, Casey said that she tried to call the house and no-one answered. He told her that their mom & dad hasn't been home all day. Casey almost sounded frustrated or something, like she was wondering where they were (but of course she didn't ask -- probably scared she'd hear Caylee's name). She was just like "ohhhh, okay".

Listening to Casey in all of the phone calls is so strange!
She never says Caylee's name. Never.
She never says a word regarding anything remotely related to Caylee.
Never asks if anyone's heard anything about her.
And she has never sounded worried or upset.

So she may not have a mental illness, but she is definately one sick person.

Strange.

Maybe I shouldn't express opinions, though, until I understand what exactly was said on Geraldo. I take it to mean she wrote (or the equivalent) the names of her 2 "alibi" witnesses in the address book, but that the numbers listed for them ended up being the numbers of neighbors. ???

Yes - the names were those of the people Casey mentioned (presumably Jeff, Juliet, etc. But the phone numbers listed by those names were those of neighbors on her parent's street! So when Casey's brother called them, they were confused why he was asking for someone else.

I've been wondering about this though... if he said a higher amount ($50 or $100, etc versus the true low amount) would that cause a higher theft charge if he ever wanted to prosecute the thief?

I think he knew it was Casey -- and maybe he was going to use that as leverage on her about the Caylee visitation/phone call issue.

Just a thought... :waitasec:

Oh, I wonder if there is some extra court/LE stuff that kicks in if its 50 dollars or more?

Did anyone see where it's been posted that there really is a Tom Manley? The guy Casey said was her boss from Universal? He is associated with Kodak. I did some looking and from what I can tell, Kodak is the group of photographers that hangs out at all the amusement parks and sells the pictures that are taken, like on roller coasters and such.

Yeah, I saw that too. Didn't they say that he'd stopped working at Universal in like 2002 though? It was interesting to see his MySpace pics... and Casey wasn't in any of them. She was probably too busy working to be in the pictures. (heavy dose of sarcasm there!) :camera:

My 19 year old daughter has some of our neighbor's phone numbers in her cell phone. It isn't that uncommon I wouldn't think. But then, we're talking about Casey.. lol

I guess it would depend on if she was even friends with her neighbors or not. I kinda think she wasn't, like when she lied to one neighbor by saying the dog she was walking who pottied in their yard, wasn't hers. If they were close enough to exchange numbers, you'd think the neighbor would KNOW who's dog that was.

I wonder if one of the numbers was Holly's?

Now wouldn't that be ironic if one of Casey's biggest defenders ended up being a pawn at the hands of Casey. I wonder how Holly would explain THAT one away?

I don't know if this has been spotted by any websleuths yet but I found it interesting. It's a post on craigslist about casey from someone who says theyve seen her before and that she was well, "working" This person says they have reported it to LE also. another twist and turn i guess. The area is close to the Saratosa/Tampa area and that is where she told gm she was going to work at. Whoever knows. Heres the link.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/rnr/774649471.html

Hmm.......seems like the media missed the boat on that didn't they? I wonder if they meant Casey's pic was on there or the other "lady" that got busted who allegedly worked with Casey? Sarasota has arrest records online and they're updated FAST.

Strange.

I noticed the EXACT same thing... not once does she say "hey, have you guys heard anything or any news about Caylee"??? NOTHING... this in itself is VERY telling...

Strange.

In regards to Caylee and this is not to defend Casey, but if she needs or gets info it is from Jose. While her parents have roughly 3 hours of interaction since her arrest. Jose has had upwards of 20-30 hours.

Okay, thank you! So she typed in the bogus people's names to go with the neighbor's phone numbers.

They did not say what kind of address book it was, whether on a phone or another medium.

I don't know if this has been spotted by any websleuths yet but I found it interesting. It's a post on craigslist about casey from someone who says theyve seen her before and that she was well, "working" This person says they have reported it to LE also. another twist and turn i guess. The area is close to the Saratosa/Tampa area and that is where she told gm she was going to work at. Whoever knows. Heres the link.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/rnr/774649471.html

This wouldn't surprise me one bit! :eek:

IMO, Casey thought someone would steel it and either strip it or dump it in a lake. She could have and would have kept TonE out of the loop about it. That's how she operated. She would tell one person one story. And another person something else. It worked for her for quite awhile.

Agree.

Chezhire, Tony knew where the car was left, in the parking lot of the check cashing place, but was given a logical explanation: that it was broken down, and her dad (the true owner) would be coming to retrieve it and take care of it. She didn't, however, call her dad and tell him about the car at all. She just left it there, with car seat, clothes, purse. We conjecture, then, that to cover up any evidence in the car, or to put distance between herself and the car, she hoped it would be stolen. Oddly enough, it wasn't, but was towed away to an impound lot, with all her stuff and the smell, still in it, after 3 days. We are guessing this in not what she hoped for. The impound lot eventually tracked down the owner, her dad, and sent a registered letter about the car. 2 more weeks had passed by the time the family retrieved it. Does this help?

Hmm.......seems like the media missed the boat on that didn't they? I wonder if they meant Casey's pic was on there or the other "lady" that got busted who allegedly worked with Casey? Sarasota has arrest records online and they're updated FAST.

This has been looked at before on WS. Nothing has been verified to my knowledge.

Okay... 1st... I don't think it's that weird (especially in the context of the case) that she had neighbor's numbers in the phone...Emergency contact stuff...beyond needing a shovel...

Secondly... If she did leave the car hoping it was going to be stolen... perhaps the rancid smell was a deterrrent.... Risk of going to jail for car theft < risk of going to jail when caught with car smelling of a dead body.

Third... when my wallet was stolen.. I was asked how much cash I had ... I wasn't sure.. and they gave me some ranges... perhaps they did that with George and the gas cans?

I had a fourth.. but I lost it.

This was actually posted and discussed a good week ago. IMO, it's Craigslist. No way unfortunately to prove this person is legit.

Isn't Sarasota & Tampa quite a distance from Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo