Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is a psychopath has problems with actual reality, and a sociopath has problems with society's version of reality.

For example, in Soviet Russia everyone who didn't like the system was a sociopath, and they were in danger of being institutionalized, or put in jail.

Casey is an extreme sociopath, high school dropout, party girl, and maybe that is why she is in danger of being put in jail, but she uses coupons, and loved her daughter.

The main argument between Jesse and Casey from the time before Caylee was born was Jesse didn't want to take care of Caylee. Casey did want her, but at times didn't want her because she wanted to please Jesse... That is a fact.

Jesse had connections to the police, and with the help of authorities could have arranged a covert adoption, complete with evidence that Caylee died accidentally to hide the fact of the adoption. Maybe a wild theory, but that theory makes all of the phone conversations and eveything Casey has said and done make sense.

I am busy embroidering a banner that will read "I support more and finer differences"

Casey is an extreme sociopath, high school dropout, party girl, and maybe that is why she is in danger of being put in jail, but she uses coupons, and loved her daughter.

The main argument between Jesse and Casey from the time before Caylee was born was Jesse didn't want to take care of Caylee. Casey did want her, but at times didn't want her because she wanted to please Jesse... That is a fact.
Have heard this theory of yours about JG before, and have asked several times before. If it is a fact that JG felt this way and Casey and he were in love, please tell us how you have come to this conclusion. Interviews, personel knowlege, etc? Very interested in this theory and would like to explore how you're conclusion has been drawn. You say "that is a fact", a fact from where please?

I used the link as it was the one most easily accessible to make my point. There are several others, try the APA and research it for yourself if you chose not to like that particular reference.

I completely understand that there is a lot of debate if differences exist within or between sociopaths and psychopaths. Even if someone agrees that there are differences, there is disagreement about what those differences are. However, if we are to look at Casey's profile and you choose to use opinion/theory, instead of recognized medical diagnostic categories, then I believe it is important to note as such. "Some believe such as such" would be a start. As it stands now psychopathy and sociopathy are not recognized medical disorders or diseases. Hare would like to have psychopathic personality as a DSM diagnostic category, and many, including myself, agree with him. Obviously, this has not occurred up to this point.

There is presently some interesting brain research that has found differences in those with similar or the same diagnosis. However, for example, I cannot say that a person is suffering from agitated depression and offer differences from other forms of depression not recognized within the mental health field w/o clarifying this. At that point it is someone's interpretation of research...but what research. With no links provided how are we to know how anything was even defined, let alone measured? Psychopathy and sociopathy are constructs often used in research and also are defined differently by different professionals. So one needs to be aware of what is recognized and what is not within the mental health field. If you want to believe something is fact without any awareness of this information that is up to you. I can tell you this isn't the only theory on this subject and isn't the recognized stance of the APA.

PMFJIH, (I like to use that because it is so very obscure), but
ISN'T THE RECOGNIZED STANCE OF THE APA
does not count much in terms of science or anything thing else that is not expedient for the politically and/or economically correct (i.e. PC/EC). The APA and the APA, respectively, the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association, are much more influenced by political/economic factors than science. Follow the money. Trillions of dollars. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Russell

Jesse had connections to the police, and with the help of authorities could have arranged a covert adoption, complete with evidence that Caylee died accidentally to hide the fact of the adoption. Maybe a wild theory, but that theory makes all of the phone conversations and eveything Casey has said and done make sense.

How is it out there in the deep end? Your latest theory is that someone staged a murder to cover up an adoption. Cindy, is this you???

How is it out there in the deep end? Your latest theory is that someone staged a murder to cover up an adoption. Cindy, is this you???

HA ha ha ha. Don't engage. Leave it be! Leave it alone. The discussion is a con. Of course, please feel free to ignore me as this is only my small opinion. :)

Quote: And finally, as Hare so noted in his book, "Without Conscience," psychopaths hail from all social strata and environs. Again, unlike aspd & sociopathy, which appear to include reactive behaviors as they pertain to environmental factors, a psychopath can come from a leave it to beaver home life with no indication of bullying and/or other abusive relationships while growing up. This is where the genetic bit may come into play. And though it has yet to be proven, geneticists believe psychopathic predisposition is due to a missing key genetic component that allows society at large to coexist in a meaningful and fulfilling way with each other: empathy.

Woa my poor little brain is wore out lol... this is a bit complex for me. At the risk of oversimplifying, it seems to me all personality disorders have in common a lack of empathy (or as Scott Peck explains in People of the Lie, a fundamental narcissistic willfulness). Which isn't to dismiss the complexities, differential diagnoses etc but I guess for my purposes (and for purposes of understanding and discussing KC and even criminal pathology in general) the bottom line is there lies at the heart of evil a lifelong pattern of deception, or strategy over a lifetime of choosing to appear righteous rather than becoming righthearted. This is essentially what Cloud and Townsend conclude in their book Safe People. While I do believe there is a chemical basis to mood disorders, I'm not sure I'm buying this "missing empathy dna" any more than I am willing to accept any fatalistic "demon seed," or "psycho genes," (all-nature-no-nurture) explanation of psychopathy. Afterall our present system of clusters, types and subtypes ("anankastic," "self-defeating," et al, ad infinitum, ad nauseum) ultimately are just artificial constructs anyway, manmade theories representing one means of classifying or grouping--but limited in their application or real usefulness... please don't hate, JMHUO (unprofessional)

pleeease stop encouraging him, ya'll. please.
OMG, thank you! you're right! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who keeps getting sucked in by this poster, but guess the best thing is to just not respond at all to the posts. and by the way I think it's a she. I'm going to try my best to ignore these hairbrain posts thanks to your good sense!

You have to research whether or not that is a fact. I just picked it up reading about the case. My girlfriend believes I think like a woman too, but I'm not, and I'm not Cindy. I am Susan Smith's cousin, so I have a special attachment to this kind of case. I believe Susan was mainly convicted to life in prison for being too elite in her way of thinking. I think they would convict a woman for being that way whether or not she killed her children. Here is a case where I no longer believe Caylee is even dead, though I used to think she died accidentally, but they are mainly convicting Casey for living outside the box.

I'm not sure what literature you are basing your opinion on but you are discussing differences based upon ? theory. Please provide a link so we can have some background on this information.
If you have access to peer reviewed publications, you might check out the "Journal of Abnormal Psychology," the "Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology," and "Professional Psychology: Research and Practice." The inclusion of this aspd, sociopathy, & psychopathy research in the latter two journals is primarily due to the shift of focus as it pertains to sexual offenders. Hanson & Morton-Bourgon seem to be the recognized leading experts in this area, though Polaschek is a very close second. Prior to these researchers, Cleckley & before him, Richard von Krafft-Ebing, were the leading researchers as it came to psychopathy. And, of course, who could forget Hare? And even he admitted that aspd & sociopath are but subsets of psychopathy (see Hare et al, 1991, Journal of Abnormal Psychology). Even so, research seems to suggests that psychopathy does not require the sociopathic sustrates, which, again, indicates a completely different taxon. The most compelling research to this end are comparative analysis of PCL-R results against risk assessment tools for recidivism (i.e., VRAG, SORAG, SVR-20, Static-99/RRASOR).

There is no such difference recognized in the DSM Axis II cluster B diagnostic categories. "The official stance of the American Psychiatric Association as presented in the DSM-IV-TR is that psychopathy and sociopathy are obsolete synonyms for antisocial personality disorder."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
Wikipedia as an authoritative source? Surely, you jest?

There must be some sort of 'telepathy' going on between you and Casey.

Maybe there is. Today, I was amazed by what I am able to say, and how well it fits all of the facts.

"I tend to believe that malignant self love underlies all known personality disorders. Granted, different attributes, and traits, are emphasized in each personality disorder. But they all share the foundation of a failed personal psychological and psychosocial evolution. They are all the lamentable end results of stunted and compensatory trajectories of deformed growth and development."~Sam Vaknin, Malignant Self-Love

Quote: Wikipedia as an authoritative source? Surely, you jest?

"And this is the only condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that does evil hates the light, nor will come to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." ~John 3:19-20

(There's some authority for you... lol... JMHUO)

:blowkiss:

Woa my poor little brain is wore out lol... this is a bit complex for me. At the risk of oversimplifying, it seems to me all personality disorders have in common a lack of empathy (or as Scott Peck explains in People of the Lie, a fundamental narcissistic willfulness). Which isn't to dismiss the complexities, differential diagnoses etc but I guess for my purposes (and for purposes of understanding and discussing KC and even criminal pathology in general) the bottom line is there lies at the heart of evil a lifelong pattern of deception, or strategy over a lifetime of choosing to appear righteous rather than becoming righthearted. This is essentially what Cloud and Townsend conclude in their book Safe People.
Imho, people who have been dx'd with a personality disorder do not necessarily "lack empathy" rather, they "ignore it" and/or "rationalize it away" in the pursuit of underlying motivation which generally involves some form of self-gratification.

While I do believe there is a chemical basis to mood disorders, I'm not sure I'm buying this "missing empathy dna" any more than I am willing to accept any fatalistic "demon seed," or "psycho genes," (all-nature-no-nurture) explanation of psychopathy. Afterall our present system of clusters, types and subtypes ("anankastic," "self-defeating," et al, ad infinitum, ad nauseum) ultimately are just artificial constructs anyway, manmade theories representing one means of classifying or grouping--but limited in their application or real usefulness... please don't hate, JMHUO (unprofessional)
Nothing to hate, actually. After all, afaics, we are doing nothing more than having open discourse of which we may or not agree.

As for the genetic bit? Sometime in the late 1990s Hare proposed that he could identify psychopathy in youths as young as 11 years old (sorry, don't have a citation handy, atm). Thus was born the PCL: YV (psychopathy check list: youth version). This claim, btw, is based upon the genetic predisposition theory, which in turn is the bedrock of Hare's psychopathy research.

I admittedly have mixed feelings regarding this school of thought. Primarily due to the devastatingly negative consequences of mistakenly labeling a child with psychopathy. Or otherwise put, I am somewhat skeptical.

After all, children are still in the developmental stages of life and there's a great deal going on in their bodies & brains. The least of which involves physical, hormonal, and cognitive aspects. And these can play hell with a person's behavior, much less a child who is in the early stages of learning how to behave in a social context.

Furthermore, imnsho, the danger of labeling a youth a "psychopath" (even if the label is right on) carries with it the potential for a self-fulfilling prophecy. Recall, as I noted earlier, not all psychopaths engage in illegal and/or obscene behavior. Some, your ambulatory psychopaths, operate quite fine. They simply do not have the emotional connection. In other words, I think applying such a label to a youth has inherent dangers, the least of which involves the potential of becoming a "hollywoodized" killer.

Btw, and as an aside, the above distinction is important and the reason that psychopathy (or your Axis II, Cluster B personality disorders) do not meet the legal definition for insanity. To better understand the legal definition for insanity, I highly recommend the book, "Knowing Right from Wrong: The Insanity Defense of Daniel McNaughtan" by Richard Moran. What, imho, makes his book stand out among others are the interesting observations and his challenge wrt the insanity defense. Def a good read for a rainy day.

That being said, why would such differentiations be important and how might they apply to this case? Well, for one, we do not know for certain whether KC actually falls into any of these categories (aspd, sociopathy, or psychopathy). So, what we're doing is playing a game of "what if," so to speak.

In other words, "What if KC is a psychopath? How might that play out?" and so on, to include the various Axis II, Cluster B personality disorders (i.e., NPD, ASPD, BPD, HPD). The goal? Better understanding the differences in presentation and applying these differences to various "story lines" increases the potential for figuring out where Caylee might be. That is, if she indeed meets the criteria for any of the aforementioned.

What about believing something is true based on the persuasion of facts, but then denying it if everyone else disagrees, like 1st time blogger did with my facts that he found persuasive.

If you deny what you believe, then you have a morality that says you shouldn't oppose society, even though you are opposing your own perception of truth.

If you ignore what everyone wants you to think and believe what you have honestly perceived, in a sense you have become a cold and heartless sociopath with no empathy.

But if you deny what you honestly think because no one else is willing to step out and believe it, you are normal. Normal isn't always good.

What do you think shadowraiths?

You have to research whether or not that is a fact. I just picked it up reading about the case. My girlfriend believes I think like a woman too, but I'm not, and I'm not Cindy. I am Susan Smith's cousin, so I have a special attachment to this kind of case. I believe Susan was mainly convicted to life in prison for being too elite in her way of thinking. I think they would convict a woman for being that way whether or not she killed her children. Here is a case where I no longer believe Caylee is even dead, though I used to think she died accidentally, but they are mainly convicting Casey for living outside the box.
Casey living "outside the box", hardly. don't know about Susan because haven't researched her but Casey definetely was not living "outside of box" and if that is your perception of her it gives me a clue about you. From what I understand Susan Smith was was sentenced to life in prison for KILLING her children not for being elite in her way of thinking.

Casey living "outside the box", hardly. don't know about Susan because haven't researched her but Casey definetely was not living "outside of box" and if that is your perception of her it gives me a clue about you. From what I understand Susan Smith was was sentenced to life in prison for KILLING her children not for being elite in her way of thinking.

THANK YOU! God, where do certain people come up with this idiotic stuff??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernVintageMama