Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping

...justaswag...but, the backdrop was Amy movin'in w/ Casey...outta her storage unit and gettin' the guys to provide the labor for pizza & beer. Maybe the 10 keys were for her storage unit to facilitate all the helpers.

...nice catch! Timing of that now has me curious 'bout the storage units location assuming Casey got her hands on one of those keys.

Work-in-progress theory had Casey shuffling the body into a container out @ the Oviedo house, but, then the question was where'd she take it? Storage unit???? :confused:....until Tony's outta town...

OT: Anyone gotta fix on the storage unit location?

Storage unit has been one of myMost likely places. I posted on here somewhere an area mapped with all storage units within KC pings on a specific day. I'll have to go back and look for it.

I can't remember where, but someone said that Amy had a habit of locking herself out of her car, and so she had extra keys made. That way, if she could give them to her friends, and they could help her out. I don't know if this is true or not, but it could be.

I remeber this also but cannot find the source. Just reread both of Amy's interviews and it is not in there. It must be in one of the other players interviews. Will keep looking.

EDIT

I traced this back using keyword search for the Caylee section and this is the only comment I can find on this subject. There is no source for this so and there is not any mention of keys in either one of Amy's interviews. So the comment AH: 10 keys made. Done On June 13 is still unexplained. The idea makes sense but there is nothing to back this idea up.

This is what I found:
If I'm following these key posts correctly, It is explained in one of Amy's earlier statements. She had a bad habit of locking her keys in her car, so she had extras made and given to all her close friends, including Casey. I took it that Lee knew the reason why, and after the events of the 15th fiigured Amy would just want it destroyed. Hope this helps, and I'm not off base here.

I did not search for other sites since there is nothing in the docs that I can find to support this I felt that anybody else's comments are would be nothing but hearsay at this point. If anyone else can find something in an offiicail statement or something that has come from a documented source about keys then that would be great.

Storage unit has been one of myMost likely places. I posted on here somewhere an area mapped with all storage units within KC pings on a specific day. I'll have to go back and look for it.

Vista Self Storage
6707 Narcoossee Rd, Orlando, FL 407.658.8544

Goldenrod road self Storage
3040 s Goldenrod Rd, Orlando, FL 407.823.7809

Surelock Self Storage
7628 Narcoossee Rd, Orlando, FL 407.207.3335

Vista Self Storage

Surelock Self Storage

Good places to start. Should we add addresses of units that are more convenient to Ric's apartment or Amy's previous address?

I can't remember where, but someone said that Amy had a habit of locking herself out of her car, and so she had extra keys made. That way, if she could give them to her friends, and they could help her out. I don't know if this is true or not, but it could be.

Popping in to say I'm glad to see everyone still working on this.

About the 10 keys: I remember noting that when I read the AH/KC text messages. Since June 13th is when she picked up her replacement car from Jacksonville, I took that reference to be that the 10 keys were for her replacement car (reddish/maroon Toyota?).

Later, I read somewhere -- maybe in AH interview transcript -- the same thing Lurk said above in the bolded by me.

IMO, the 10 keys were not for the storage place. I can't remember reading anywhere about KC and Amy's storage EXCEPT THAT NEAR THE END OF JUNE, WHEN AMY HAD TO CLEAR OUT HER STORAGE SPACE, KC HAD CRABWALKED ON HER AGAIN, FEIGNING BEING SICK AS TO WHY SHE COULDN'T BE THERE TO HELP.

Sorry, I only meant to do all caps for the word "EXCEPT" and unconsiously left the caps lock on -- I'm not shouting (at least not on purpose), but it's making me want to go back and take another look at the AH>=<KC texts. Sometimes the Universe gets my attention in bizarre ways. I've learned to pay attention to these.

ETA: I also think that the key LA "destroyed" was to Amy's wrecked car, FWIW.

Good places to start. Should we add addresses of units that are more convenient to Ric's apartment or Amy's previous address?

I hope LE sees this, or someone could contact them to check their units....

Vista Self Storage

Surelock Self Storage
Yep, those are the ones I posted that are near Johnson's wrecker.

I hope LE sees this, or someone could contact them to check their units....
I can't believe this has come back around full circle. We shouted this for weeks on other threads. I really think there is something to this line of thinking.

Popping in to say I'm glad to see everyone still working on this.

About the 10 keys: I remember noting that when I read the AH/KC text messages. Since June 13th is when she picked up her replacement car from Jacksonville, I took that reference to be that the 10 keys were for her replacement car (reddish/maroon Toyota?).

Later, I read somewhere -- maybe in AH interview transcript -- the same thing Lurk said above in the bolded by me.

IMO, the 10 keys were not for the storage place. I can't remember reading anywhere about KC and Amy's storage EXCEPT THAT NEAR THE END OF JUNE, WHEN AMY HAD TO CLEAR OUT HER STORAGE SPACE, KC HAD CRABWALKED ON HER AGAIN, FEIGNING BEING SICK AS TO WHY SHE COULDN'T BE THERE TO HELP.

Sorry, I only meant to do all caps for the word "EXCEPT" and unconsiously left the caps lock on -- I'm not shouting (at least not on purpose), but it's making me want to go back and take another look at the AH>=<KC texts. Sometimes the Universe gets my attention in bizarre ways. I've learned to pay attention to these.

ETA: I also think that the key LA "destroyed" was to Amy's wrecked car, FWIW.

I too considered the 10 keys interesting early on but I could not understand why 10 keys and could not get past the math aspect. I considered keys for AH, JPC, RM and KC, but none of these seemed to work out logically. I agree with everyone who read somewhere that she frequently locked herself out of her car as I too read that somewhere...grrrrrr.
I still do not believe the keys were to storage as I feel KC would still have needed a password to enter the storage area, although this could just be work for us and probably not too hard to determine. I volunteer myself to look into whether it requires a passcode at each of the above named storage facilities and if no one takes the offer to look into AH's accident report, I will attempt to get that information. According to what I have seen thus far, I just have to submit a request, via snail mail, but I need a case number first. I will call Florida Highway Patrol tomorrow and start the wheels on getting more information on the car. Again, it would be much quicker if a local could go pick it up in person.
Anyone else think the Lexus contact may be involved with this?

I too considered the 10 keys interesting early on but I could not understand why 10 keys and could not get past the math aspect. I considered keys for AH, JPC, RM and KC, but none of these seemed to work out logically. I agree with everyone who read somewhere that she frequently locked herself out of her car as I too read that somewhere...grrrrrr.
I still do not believe the keys were to storage as I feel KC would still have needed a password to enter the storage area, although this could just be work for us and probably not too hard to determine. I volunteer myself to look into whether it requires a passcode at each of the above named storage facilities and if no one takes the offer to look into AH's accident report, I will attempt to get that information. According to what I have seen thus far, I just have to submit a request, via snail mail, but I need a case number first. I will call Florida Highway Patrol tomorrow and start the wheels on getting more information on the car. Again, it would be much quicker if a local could go pick it up in person.

Thank you Mom2Chloe for offering to do this. I would do it but i'm all the way in Texas. I'll do whatever I can from this laptop though.
Anyone else think the Lexus contact may be involved with this?

AH would not necessarily have *keys* to her storage unit. Sometimes they just have padlocks, right??

I think the 10 keys were to her new car and she passed them out to various friends so she wouldn't get locked out.

I'm not sure if the key LA destroyed is to her old car or her new car. I used to be very sure it was to her wrecked car but maybe since she had 10, she didn't care about getting one back.

That said, if it had suddenly came out that I was being stolen from, I insist that I get the key back from LA ASAP just to feel better.

Mom2Chloe - THANK YOU for getting the police report!

May I suggest that we should accept that the key Lee dealt with could've been to EITHER to the car OR the storage unit. We can pursue both for now, without spending more time & energy debating it.

Earlier in this thread AZLawyer pointed to some texts between Amy & Casey regarding Amy making 10 copies of a key. That was expanded to suggest Amy made these copies for her friends as she was routinely locking herself outta her car. The 10 copies text also occurred around the time Amy was planning to move in w/ Casey and was counting on help from the crew to move things outta storage. So...copies coulda been for either.

So, how 'bout we play out both options and see where they go...

a) totalled car here
b) storage unit here... => http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71312&page=4

Just a thought. :)

...rec'd a PM from another WS getting the police report (wasn't clear to me Mom2Chloe may've already been doin' this). It'll be picked up today. She indicated from what was read to her that it sounded like a side-impact @ an intersection...failure to yield when making a turn (I forget which direction)...more to come.

My apologies, M2C, if this is already bein' done. Sumbunny just whack me one as-needed :)

Maybe everyone else was already on top of this, and I'm just coming late to the party...

I just noticed the following text about the wreck itself for the first time when trying to figure something else out today...I thought I'd post in case I'm not the only one in the dark on it.

Text from Amy to Casey between 9:46PM 6/6 & 5:19AM 6/7 (not exactly sure when from my notes):
""I hit a guardrail. Thank god I&#8217;m OK and I didn&#8217;t get a DUI. My car is *advertiser censored**ed. I&#8217;ll find out how bad in the morning. I think my nose bleed from the air bag. This bites."

Sooo...this sounds like a single-vehicle...may not be a report if she didn't get ticketed. She hit the guardrail hard enough to deploy the airbag.

To recap what may also already be clear to some, not all...

6/13PM-6/14AM "Hey, do you think we can tow my car to your place? We are going to fix it and sell it. I just have to put it somewhere until my dad can come up to do the work. Probably. The first weekend in July."

6/19 Amy visits her car @ Tony's Apt. for some reason, but, based on the above text and the text below, it seems it was a trip to evaluate the damage, perhaps.

7/7 The day before Amy leaves for PR. "So I'm going to do the car towing thing when I'm done at the dr. I'm still waiting but I think I'm next. I'm guessing 430ish." an earlier text that day says they're going to tow it if she doesn't come get it.

I wonder if there is any possibility that KC rented a storage unit of her own? Just throwing an idea out there.

OK, since the "10 keys" text was the same day as Amy picked up the new car, I think it makes the most sense that they were keys to the car and not the storage unit or anything else. I also googled "10 keys made", etc. and found that, at least for some cars, 10 keys seems to be the maximum number of copies you can make. So perhaps Amy was so trusting (before getting burned by the Mother of the Year) that she just made the maximum number and passed them out to her friends and family like candy.

Here's an outline of KC's day on the June 19th
Hope it helps
June 19th Locations of call activity
8:32am text to 631-*advertiser censored*-5443 TonE&#8217;s cell (TonE must be in class) At or near TonE&#8217;s
11:03 text to Casey from TonE (She&#8217;s at or near TonE&#8217;s)
11:57 text to KC from 407 *advertiser censored* 4058 Jenna (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
12:06 casey texts 407 *advertiser censored* 4058 (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
12:07 KC texts TonE (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
12:09 TonE texts KC (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
12:09 KC texts TonE (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
12:11 KC calls 407 *advertiser censored* 4909 Anthony home 0 min (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
12:12 KC calls 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 Amy H 33 min (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
12:14 receives text from 407 *advertiser censored* 4058 Jenna (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
13:06 KC texts 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 Amy &#8220;call me when you&#8217;re headed over to see your car&#8221;. (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
13:07 Amy 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 texts KC &#8220; I&#8217;m on my way&#8221;(She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
13:14 call went to vm (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s) Posssibly moving Caylee&#8217;s body from Amy&#8217;s wrecked car to the trunk of the Pontiac (13 minutes between active phone use 13:07 to 13:20)
13:20 KC calls Amy 4 sec (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s) Possibly calling Amy to see how close they are
13:20 Kc calls Amy 4 min (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s) Possibly calling Amy to see how close they are
14:09 KC calls 321 *advertiser censored* 0081 unknown owner of number 0 min (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
14:10 KC texts Matthew C.407 *advertiser censored* 7965 (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s)
14:10 Matthew C 407 xxxx 7965 calls KC 1 min 24 sec (She&#8217;s at or near Tone&#8217;s) Appx 14:10 Leaves TonE&#8217;s, Drives out to E Colonial Dr area
14:58 KC texts Matthew C(ping&#8217;s 5.5 miles from TonE&#8217;s near E Colonial Dr, Mary Lou Dr, Vincent Dr. Lake Downey area)
15:07 Matthew Ctexts KC (pings 2.2 mi from TonE&#8217;s in N Econ Trail area going back toward TonE&#8217;s from Lake Downey area) no calls for 18 min.
16:20 KC calls 407 *advertiser censored* 0000 (pings near Amscot)(almost back to TonE&#8217;s)
Total time appx 1 hour 13 minutes to leave TonE&#8217;s, possibly dispose of Caylee&#8217;s body, and return to TonE&#8217;s 14:10-16:23
16:23 KC calls 1 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 (at or near TonE&#8217;s)
16:52:42 Sean H 954 *advertiser censored* 1187 texts KC (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
16:52:48 Sean H 954 *advertiser censored* 1187 texts KC (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
16:54 KC texts Sean H 954 *advertiser censored* 1187 (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
17:45 msg text (At or near Fusion)
21:02 msg text from 326 65113 (at or near Amscot)
21:13 KC calls The Anthony home 407 *advertiser censored* 4909 almost 6 min (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
21:19 KC calls KC (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
21:19 Msg (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
21:35 KC calls Mark H 407 *advertiser censored* 7686 4 sec voice mail (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
21:35 623 *advertiser censored* 4511 calls KC 4 sec (At or near TonE&#8217;s)
22:38 msg to KC (At or near TonE&#8217;s)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon123123
Back