2008.01.08 Court Hearings Discussion

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a media conglomerate that started betting on this case to get huge from early on. There are lots of gruesome cases out there. What's the difference? This one is a media frenzy with video, pictures, and sound of Caylee and Casey they can play over and over.

I don't think Casey waived her right yesterday, I think it was Baez that did not want her there. Before she came in Baez said he wanted a moment with her, and that is when he told her what to say when the judge asked if she had waived her right. I wonder if he did visit her before court yesterday, anyone know?

I don't think Casey waived her right yesterday, I think it was Baez that did not want her there. Before she came in Baez said he wanted a moment with her, and that is when he told her what to say when the judge asked if she had waived her right. I wonder if he did visit her before court yesterday, anyone know?

I wondered about this too Elley Mae, maybe he doesn't want her to see how he performs in Court, or maybe b/c he knew he was going to imply throwing the whole A family under the bus. But then I realized perp does not want to be seen with no makeup, tight clothing, bling, etc. She may also not want to be seen b/c she knows everyone knows now. I also noticed Baez became "giddy" once perp was there.

This might be a stupid question but does the approval of all those motions to turn over evidence mean that there will be a doc dump soon?

Thanks in advance!

respectfully? She went from a garbage bag to a cardboard box. Been in the box for NO GOOD REASON since before Christmas when the second autopsy was completed.

You should understand that as of yesterdays hearing, the defense has NOT completed its autopsy of Caylee's remains. They needed the SA's 800+ photos to compare when DrL is in town at the end of the month.

The judge agreed with JB that the final exam could be done at the end of the month when DrL is here and the secure website has been blessed.

I don't want Caylee sitting there one nanosecond longer than necessary. BUT, I also don't want the defense to come back on appeal either because of a technicality.

This might be a stupid question but does the approval of all those motions to turn over evidence mean that there will be a doc dump soon?

Thanks in advance!

I sure hope so. I'm VERY interested in finding out what was listed in the Search Warrants on the A's home after the discovery of Caylee's remains.

I sure hope so. I'm VERY interested in finding out what was listed in the Search Warrants on the A's home after the discovery of Caylee's remains.

I'm READY for a new doc dump!!

I guess I should read up on the Sunshine Law but I *thought* that when the SA turned over evidence that the public could ask for it?

I'm READY for a new doc dump!!

I guess I should read up on the Sunshine Law but I *thought* that when the SA turned over evidence that the public could ask for it?

It depends. If the evidence is filed with the County Clerk's office, it is public record but not until it is filed with the County Clerk's Office. If defense has requested something not already filed with the clerk's office, it might not be public record. Yet, anyway.

It depends. If the evidence is filed with the County Clerk's office, it is public record but not until it is filed with the County Clerk's Office. If defense has requested something not already filed with the clerk's office, it might not be public record. Yet, anyway.

Ahhh, I see! Thanks for clearing that up.

So a possible stranger to Casey up until July is handling her babies funeral instead of family.....unreal!!!

Of course you can make real close friends 6 hours a day and into the night while on house arrest. Not to mention he's probably the only friend she has left.

IIRC, Judge Strickland stated when they went to get her for the hearing, she refused to go. This was prior to the start of the hearing and earlier in the day. Strickland said it was his fault because he was being lax in that he let her stay where she was-that is why the SA made sure that Strickland counseled Casey that even IF she signs a waiver, she can be brought to court if the judge wishes it.

In other words, SHE does not set the rules-she is at the mercy of the court. Period.

The way I understood the law was that she is required to appear at all pre-trial hearings unless she waives in writing. Beyond that, she has to appear for any hearing for substantive matters...like, how photos of her murdered child's body will be protected from those who do not have a need to know. It was BRILLIANT of the SA to demand she be there-both from an appeal standpoint and from a standpoint of who exactly gets to call the shots. She is an INMATE, not in charge of her destiny any longer. jmo.

You should understand that as of yesterdays hearing, the defense has NOT completed its autopsy of Caylee's remains. They needed the SA's 800+ photos to compare when DrL is in town at the end of the month.

The judge agreed with JB that the final exam could be done at the end of the month when DrL is here and the secure website has been blessed.

I don't want Caylee sitting there one nanosecond longer than necessary. BUT, I also don't want the defense to come back on appeal either because of a technicality.

I think the "second autopsy" already has been done by Dr. Spitz, and JB mentioned that some of his other experts have already examined the remains, either in person or by means of the photos the defense already has taken of the remains. I understood that he wants Dr. Lee to look at crime scene evidence when he comes to Orlando at the end of January, IF it is back from the FBI. Still, if they want to do any further testing, they will hold her remains, so I guess it doesn't matter what the reason is. Poor Caylee still isn't laid to rest.

I think the "second autopsy" already has been done by Dr. Spitz, and JB mentioned that some of his other experts have already examined the remains, either in person or by means of the photos the defense already has taken of the remains. I understood that he wants Dr. Lee to look at crime scene evidence when he comes to Orlando at the end of January, IF it is back from the FBI. Still, if they want to do any further testing, they will hold her remains, so I guess it doesn't matter what the reason is. Poor Caylee still isn't laid to rest.

Baez stated in court yesterday that the remains were released to HIM, from the ME's office... So now maybe everyone can stop blaming the Anthonys for not burying her. He has the legal right to decide when to release them for burial... not Cindy or George. And the prosecution has held the whole thing up, by not turning the reports of the autopsy over to the defense. They say they don't want pictures of the remains sold to tabloids, but who is to say that someone on the prosecution side would not do that? Police officers, maybe. They sent that evidence all over the country as well.. to Quantico, and to some lab in Indiana, (per one of the TH's on JVM last night), possibly other places. You can't point the finger at one side and be guilty of doing the same thing yourself. And as Mickey Sherman pointed out on NG, the prosecution released thousands of documents of personal phone calls, emails, etc. about everyone, and conversations that had NO relation to this case, leaving personal information on these documents, addresses, phone numbers, full names... so which is worse? As he said, the photos of the skeleton are not gruesome... they're just bones.

IIRC, Judge Strickland stated when they went to get her for the hearing, she refused to go. This was prior to the start of the hearing and earlier in the day. Strickland said it was his fault because he was being lax in that he let her stay where she was-that is why the SA made sure that Strickland counseled Casey that even IF she signs a waiver, she can be brought to court if the judge wishes it.

In other words, SHE does not set the rules-she is at the mercy of the court. Period.

The way I understood the law was that she is required to appear at all pre-trial hearings unless she waives in writing. Beyond that, she has to appear for any hearing for substantive matters...like, how photos of her murdered child's body will be protected from those who do not have a need to know. It was BRILLIANT of the SA to demand she be there-both from an appeal standpoint and from a standpoint of who exactly gets to call the shots. She is an INMATE, not in charge of her destiny any longer. jmo.

That was my understanding as well. I was very pleased with the SA's stance on this point and relieved that Strickland made her come in. I would hate to see an appeal be based on her not attending Pre-Trial Hearings!

We don't know (and will never know) what JB tells KC about what is going on. Sometimes I get the feeling KC has NO idea how serious this is. I mean, she was "arrested on a f'n whim" in her mind.

Baez stated in court yesterday that the remains were released to HIM, from the ME's office... So now maybe everyone can stop blaming the Anthonys for not burying her. He has the legal right to decide when to release them for burial... not Cindy or George. And the prosecution has held the whole thing up, by not turning the reports of the autopsy over to the defense. They say they don't want pictures of the remains sold to tabloids, but who is to say that someone on the prosecution side would not do that? Police officers, maybe. They sent that evidence all over the country as well.. to Quantico, and to some lab in Indiana, (per one of the TH's on JVM last night), possibly other places. You can't point the finger at one side and be guilty of doing the same thing yourself. And as Mickey Sherman pointed out on NG, the prosecution released thousands of documents of personal phone calls, emails, etc. about everyone, and conversations that had NO relation to this case, leaving personal information on these documents, addresses, phone numbers, full names... so which is worse? As he said, the photos of the skeleton are not gruesome... they're just bones.

I'm not really sure why you responded specifically to me with this statement. I understood quite well that JB had been given control over the remains by his client, the next of kin. My own personal assumption was that she had always had this control, as next of kin. The rest I wasn't even addressing. As to whether what's left of Caylee is "just bones," to each his own.

Bolded by me

And the Defense has every opportunity to photograph those little bones themselves now that they have custody of the body. But the sterile little skeleton, (the "just bones"), released by the ME isn't the issue. The disturbing pictures will be those of Caylee as found in the woods. Those pictures will be much more graphic as they will include garbage, duct tape, hair, dirt, insects, her bedding, toys and books scattered near by. Those are the pictures that will define how Caylee was abandoned and will break any normal person's heart.

No one should see these pix without a real need to do so. Caylee wasn't protected as she should have been in life, at least some people are trying to provide some privacy for her little remains. These are the same people who provided security for little Caylee's remains - including the lead detective who rode with those remains to the ME's office.

Incidentally, I agree with Nancy Grace - why is there no security at the funeral home ? Baez is showing so little concern for the sanctity of Caylee's remains. How can we possibly have confidence in his "yet to developed" secure data base ? I think the judge made a mistake in buying into that story. It's a matter of time before pix appear. :furious:

I think CA and GA knew about the death for some time before the remains were found. I still think that. I also thought that the funeral was being held up while they worked out some sort of immunity deal. We know now, that the disposition of the remains is out of their control. So I was wrong about that and wish I had not posted it.

I still don't like what I see of CA and GA, but I grieve for them - the losses keep piling up. And it must seem that having KC hand their sweet grandbaby's remains over to a man who never heard her little voice, never felt her little heart beat, never smelled her little girl scent and never received her tiny kisses and hugs is a slap in the face that no parent and grandparent should ever receive.

JMHO

Bolded by me

And the Defense has every opportunity to photograph those little bones themselves now that they have custody of the body. But the sterile little skeleton, (the "just bones"), released by the ME isn't the issue. The disturbing pictures will be those of Caylee as found in the woods. Those pictures will be much more graphic as they will include garbage, duct tape, hair, dirt, insects, her bedding, toys and books scattered near by. Those are the pictures that will define how Caylee was abandoned and will break any normal person's heart.

No one should see these pix without a real need to do so. Caylee wasn't protected as she should have been in life, at least some people are trying to provide some privacy for her little remains. These are the same people who provided security for little Caylee's remains - including the lead detective who rode with those remains to the ME's office.

Incidentally, I agree with Nancy Grace - why is there no security at the funeral home ? Baez is showing so little concern for the sanctity of Caylee's remains. How can we possibly have confidence in his "yet to developed" secure data base ? I think the judge made a mistake in buying into that story. It's a matter of time before pix appear. :furious:

I think CA and GA knew about the death for some time before the remains were found. I still think that. I also thought that the funeral was being held up while they worked out some sort of immunity deal. We know now, that the disposition of the remains is out of their control. So I was wrong about that and wish I had not posted it.

I still don't like what I see of CA and GA, but I grieve for them - the losses keep piling up. And it must seem that having KC hand their sweet grandbaby's remains over to a man who never heard her little voice, never felt her little heart beat, never smelled her little girl scent and never received her tiny kisses and hugs is a slap in the face that no parent and grandparent should ever receive.

JMHO

now that brought me to tears. well said :blowkiss:

Her tiny skull with her hair attached by duct tape...is gruesome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu
Back