The Church?

It sounds like at first they were honing in on the Pastor as a possible suspect.

I think they thought the connection was the church. They must have been floored when they found out it was the female Sunday school teacher.

imo

Good point. I was thinking the search info was after MH arrest, it would make sense that it was before.

I went back and read all 7 pages of the thread we have for Clifford Lane Lawless. The question was asked at least 3 or 4 times: WHERE WAS LANE LAWLESS on the day of Sandra's abduction ? ? ? NO reply was ever posted on that thread to that question.

If this is on another thread or it is commonly known information, PLEASE post an answer here. Thanks

http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...-Grandfather-Was-Once-the-Pastor/Default.aspx

Just posted - Latest KRON report on this subject stating Lawless was investigated in the 1980's...

"The current pastor of the Washington congregation, Bill Creutzberg, told the Sacramento station he was aware of an investigation into alleged child molestations at the church in the mid-80's when Lawless was the pastor. Officials say Lawless was never arrested or charged in connection with the allegations."

The truth is we don't know what his alibi is, Winnow. At least, in everything I have seen...I have not found anything which says he was home or away. I would have to assume that LE knows exactly where the Pastor was supposed to be and they have confirmed it.

Does anyone remember the Wenatchee Washington "sex ring" ? with this families ties to Washington, I am wondering now how much truth is in that????
Just thinking out loud!

Does anyone remember the Wenatchee Washington "sex ring" ? with this families ties to Washington, I am wondering now how much truth is in that????
Just thinking out loud!

I've been holding off posting about that for several days now, since it seems that it was an unjustified "witch hunt". Many of the convictions have been overturned, and it appears likely the whole thing was a gigantic hoax.

Here's a link to a comprehensive survey of the case:

http://www.seattlepi.com/powertoharm/

butterfly1978
user_online.gif

Just thinking out loud!

That was in the mid 90's. 95 IIRC.

10 years AFTER he was associated with this Church in WA. He is was in Tracy in 95.

Those are definitely rolled window shades. You can clearly see the cords and even the caps on the ends on the second one where the officer lifts them to stick them inside the vehicle. (I am curious to know why the items were not bagged in some way just like the one taken before. It seems like they should have been secured in some manner if they are to be used as evidence against her.)

I wouldnt think so. He has been the Pastor there in Tracy since 1981.

imo

this article says the investigation was in the mid-80's "when Lawless was the pastor". but the biography says he's been in Tracy since 1981. confusing.

*SPECULATION ONLY* if they are saying he was investigated years ago, maybe he was questioned about abusing MH?
This is also what I'm wondering. It seems likely based on the way the grandparents were answering the reporters questions from their car. Lane kept avoiding direct answers, while his wife kept cutting him off and finishing the questions- much like Cindy Anthony behaves!

this article says the investigation was in the mid-80's "when Lawless was the pastor". but the biography says he's been in Tracy since 1981. confusing.

I noticed that. It made me wonder if the man talking may be elderly himself and it was in the 70s not the 80s.

Do we know when he was at this particular church the man is talking about?

imo

Just thinking out loud!

Wenatchee was a witch hunt. IMO, if you round up 50 people anywhere, there is going to be a pedophile or two. That's what happened in Wenatchee. Do we want to start rounding up and charging large groups of people to catch a couple of pedo's?

Great news .Thankyou for the update.
I really hope MH spills her guts. She didn't get this sick all by herself?
:furious:

Your right. I guess I'm thinking that as a Christian I couldn't do the things MH did and still consider myself a christian.
And yet many people use religion to hide behind their crimes or find God when they are in prison. From personal experience, my first roomate in college would go out and get drunk every single night the first couple of weeks of school. She was Catholic and figured if she went to confession every Sunday, that made it okay to get drunk any other day of the week!:eek::eek::eek:
I'm not bashing Catholics here, just relating personal experience...

I noticed that. It made me wonder if the man talking may be elderly himself and it was in the 70s not the 80s.

Do we know when he was at this particular church the man is talking about?

imo

yeah, which church could be confusing as well. it could be that he's aware of investigations of the Tracy church or like you said, he could have just mistaken the time frame. i can't really tell which church they are talking about now that i re-read it.

Hi people ,this is my first post,but ,Ive been following from the beginning.

This "church" is Missionary Baptist, Ive been searching a while about this branch of Baptists as I feel religion it is a big factor in this case.

So far I find these people strange, they seem like a very secretive type creature.
To me, a 15-20 member "church" is a cult.:furious:
Welcome, and excellent first post! I happen to agree.

FBI murder investigation leads to Idaho questioning

http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/stories/ktvbn-apr2409-lawless_investigation.1080551d5.html

Snipped by me:

Detectives investigating the murder of a California girl have taken their case to Lewiston, Idaho.

A television station in Sacramento reports authorities have questioned people at the Warner Alliance Church in North Idaho. Police are questioning people about Pastor Lane Lawless.

Sources say Lawless was questioned years ago about alleged child abuse at the Lewiston church.

There is little information out about Lawless’ connection with the Idaho church. Authorities in Lewiston say they do not have a criminal investigation open on Lawless.

Can this get anymore confusing???

I guess the FBI are questioning people from two different churches. One in Washington and the other in Idaho.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19269800/detail.html
snipped:
Earlier this month, the FBI went to the First Church of God in Clarkston, Wash., to ask questions about Lane Lawless, who is Huckaby's grandather and currently serves as pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy.

Meanwhile, a source close to the investigation said that back in in the mid-'80s there were allegations of child abuse and/or molestation somehow connected to the First Church of God. Lawless was working at the Clarkston church at the time and was questioned regarding the allegations, but nobody was ever charged.

Current First Church of God pastor Bill Creutzberg, who was not at the church at the time the allegations were made, said he was aware of the earlier investigation.

"There are deep emotions about that incident," Creutzberg told KCRA 3. "People here never mention it."

Creutzberg said he was unsure if FBI agents visited First Church of God in relation to the earlier investigation or the Cantu case.

Clarkston residents were unnerved by a possible connection between their town and Cantu's killing.

Investigators also returned Thursday to Clover Road Baptist Church to gather more information. The church is located a short distance from the mobile home park were Cantu lived.

It would mean my original church would be considered a "cult" because of their tiny congregation (25-35 on any given Sunday)!! Of course, the town only has about 700 people, 9 churches, and 4 bars last time I checked. (Good thing the bars aren't open on Sunday is all I can say. :crazy:)

It would mean my original church would be considered a "cult" because of their tiny congregation (25-35 on any given Sunday)!! Of course, the town only has about 700 people, 9 churches, and 4 bars last time I checked. (Good thing the bars aren't open on Sunday is all I can say. :crazy:)
Okay SS, granted, but it means your church in your "tiny" town is active every week, not sporadically like Clover Road Baptist and Tracy has a population of way more than 700 people- no cows included! It's a large agricultural area located right off of a major freeway and in between major freeways. I580/205 and I5 are major highway arteries in Northern California. Even people who live a little farther away like myself, travel those routes when headed to/from L.A., Stockton, and Sacramento. I also used to drive 1-2x/year to Tracy to shop at the outlet stores, and I drove an hour by myself each way through the mountain pass at night in blinding rain that route just to hear Bill Clinton campaign for my congressman.
There are also lots of people that work in San Francisco and commute to live in Tracy because housing is far cheaper there...
My point is that there are many other and bigger churches than Clover Road Baptist in Tracy. So why join it???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back