WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read the 'two men' thing @ SM also but didn't see where they cited it from

JVK, if you happen to come up with a link please post it. I should be "foldering" those things and I do believe that's where I first spotted it.

thank you mom!

now...is there a map with just the ones in McCleary with the ones just in the route or a possible route change home?

i dont know how to post stuff from other threads....but there is a map...with the route she may have taken.....with the spot of where the property was seached like six times.....and someone sleuthed that there could be a connection to the address with a SO.....is there any other SO's right there or around those few streats or blocks?

and another question....with the rumor sightings that Lindsey has been seen....either with two men...or on the street.....was there a discription of the men....besides being big?

RSOlist.jpg

Mapwrso.jpg

Spread that out to a radius of 20 or 30 miles and it would probably take 2 pages to post the list, and then 10 more pages to post the names of those who have found a way to get off the radar in one way or another (i.e. "homeless" SO's, whatever that means)

I'm glad to see the Pac NW posters are still here posting and not unconcious from the frigging heat :bang:

Does anyone know if they are searching tomorrow too with the dogs?

The live feed indicated that this might be a possibility, whatever that means. If scents are more potent to the dogs in wet or damp weather, then shouldn't they be doing searches at night rather than daylight? Does a dog's nostrils and smell require eyes or light? I'm not sure what LE is thinking when it comes to seeking out scents. Was there no rain in McCleary during the month of July? Where were the dogs then? Why the search during a heat wave? I'm mystified.

and another question....with the rumor sightings that Lindsey has been seen....either with two men...or on the street.....was there a discription of the men....besides being big?

two males one without a shirt and no shoes i have seen him on the highway only once before the other white male was about 50 weariong a b lue plaid shirt they had the girl sandwiched betwqeen them she was snacking at the males arfm on the right as they led her down the highway shew was wering a pink tank top and tannish capri pan ts she looks like the picture with the darker hair .

From above King 5 link.

if someone had her in their car say...for approx 2 hrs....they would be able to pick up on that. too bad they can't walk the dogs thru on the weekend when most people might be off work or when people might be visiting. i don't know.

how close do they have to be scandi? i mean, can they track the scent from a little distance?

Yes, I think so and have 2 examples:

1} In a big enclosed garage there are two cars parked 20 feet away from each other. The dog goes to the first car, runs around it and the handler coaches him to come over to the second car. The dog runs around it back and forth then goes back to the other car. On his own the dog returns to the second car, sniffing around it and after looking up and around, making another pass around the car suddenly stops short and alerts at the bottom of the drivers door.

It was the same scent the dog had sniffed before on other items in the case.

2} At the body farm they have buried body parts 3 or so feet down and all along a trail in the woods. The dog has been given the scent of one of those parts. He wanders down the path, sniffing on the ground, keeps going and raises his nose in the air, wandering around and finally gets to a point where he starts sniffing the ground around and around and then suddenly alerts.

He alerted to the correct body part after passing many others that all contained caverdine, the main part of the scent that attracts the dog.

BTW, It is all the other chemical components of the body in question together with the caverdine that make up the individual death scent for that person. So every person has their own individual death scent which is unique only to them.

We are on the edge of this new technology called 'Enhanced Scenting' which will revolutionize how human recovery dogs will be used in finding a particular person. It is being used by the FBI now, also in St Louis, developed in Birmingham England. xox

momtective: And this doesn't even take into account the ones who may have been visiting family that Friday night! I have researched that pedophile you put up on the thread - and he has family in McCleary. His residence is surrounded by thick woods - not to mention that he looks like a trusted, grey headed grandpa or Santa Clause. I hope they have checked him out thoroughly. I'd mention his name but I've been told that in order to protect sex offenders from being associated with this case, we have to refer to them by initials only. Doesn't make sense to me but that's the way it seems to be. I just feel that that old guy hasn't been quiet all this time..maybe not Lindsey, but others. mho

I'm glad to see the Pac NW posters are still here posting and not unconcious from the frigging heat :bang:

Does anyone know if they are searching tomorrow too with the dogs?

I have my feet in a cold water bath, a frozen ice pack in my bra, a bottle of water half of which is ice and 2 fans going. It is now down to 97 degrees outside, more like 110 in this apt!

Originally Posted by not_my_kids
I am not sure if the person that says they saw two big men is correct. The person that I have been talking to through email that left the report of the Hoodsport sighting in LB's guestbook, has said nothing about 2 big men. Is there a second Hoodsport witness, actually, this would make it three, that I don't know about?
And how did I manage to miss that?

NC21 - I believe that there was some speculation that perhaps 2 witnesses saw LB in that incident, but it was not an abduction report nor did it indicate any specifics on persons seeming to control her.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure that I understand the question. I have an email corespondence going with the person that reported the Hoodsport sighting. It was two people that saw "lindsey" that day. And no by that report she was not being controlled by any visible person.

I have my feet in a cold water bath, a frozen ice pack in my bra, a bottle of water half of which is ice and 2 fans going. It is now down to 97 degrees outside, more like 110 in this apt!

My dad used to work security in the Nevada desert. he always said hold a frozen anything (he liked Coca Cola bottles) between your wrists and against the arteries in your neck. It cools you faster.

1} In a big enclosed garage there are two cars parked 20 feet away from each other. The dog goes to the first car, runs around it and the handler coaches him to come over to the second car. The dog runs around it back and forth then goes back to the other car. On his own the dog returns to the second car, sniffing around it and after looking up and around, making another pass around the car suddenly stops short and alerts at the bottom of the drivers door.

2} At the body farm they have buried body parts 3 or so feet down and all along a trail in the woods. The dog has been given the scent of one of those parts. He wanders down the path, sniffing on the ground, keeps going and raises his nose in the air, wandering around and finally gets to a point where he starts sniffing the ground around and around and then suddenly alerts.

He alerted to the correct body part after passing many others that all contained caverdine, the main part of the scent that attracts the dog.

BTW, It is all the other chemical components of the body in question together with the caverdine that make up the individual death scent for that person. So every person has their own individual death scent which is unique only to them.

We are on the edge of this new technology called 'Enhanced Scenting' which will revolutionize how human recovery dogs will be used in finding a particular person. It is being used by the FBI now, also in St Louis, developed in Birmingham England. xox

Interesting Scandi - wow, I sure had that wrong! I thought we ALL had the same death scent, the same decomp gases; and we all had different scents as live humans. Do I have it backwards or are there two distinct, individual scents...live and decomp for each human being. TIA :waitasec: didn't know this! Thanks

The live feed indicated that this might be a possibility, whatever that means. If scents are more potent to the dogs in wet or damp weather, then shouldn't they be doing searches at night rather than daylight? Does a dog's nostrils and smell require eyes or light? I'm not sure what LE is thinking when it comes to seeking out scents. Was there no rain in McCleary during the month of July? Where were the dogs then? Why the search during a heat wave? I'm mystified.

If they're smart, they're taking the dogs out first thing in the morning when it's still damp out from overnight...with marine air from not being too far from the coast we sometimes have random fog and clouds that can make it look like it rained out.

i wanted to know just the known SO's with in those few blocks.....of the route of lindsey on a map....if there was any......same map on the SO thread....with the creek guy on it.....just wanted to know if there was any others and if there was...if someone could put it on the same kind of map or even the same map as that one....

does that make since? LOL

i would....but i dont know how....:)

i wanted to know just the known SO's with in those few blocks.....of the route of lindsey on a map....if there was any......same map on the SO thread....with the creek guy on it.....just wanted to know if there was any others and if there was...if someone could put it on the same kind of map or even the same map as that one....

does that make since? LOL

i would....but i dont know how....:)

as far as I know, there aren't any known SO's in the immediate area...

Which brings me to the question...where were these super dogs during the vigil this week. Even on television shows, does not the perp often return to the scene of the crime or times of gathering relative to the victim, the graveyard, etc. Would the scent of LB not be able to be detected on a perp during some vigil where he or she was standing at the sidelines of the vigil?

There was next to no police presence at the vigil, and the only "scent dog" was kadence. Why are all of these opportunities being ignored?

how do i bring something over from another thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch