CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by all of the nastiness...if anyone wants to be snarky, there are plenty of other crime forums where you can find people to fight with...please don't attack the poster...if you feel overwhelmed or annoyed, don't respond!!!!! Then, when you're feeling ready, you can put your big girl/boy panties on and deal with it...

i wonder which lab tech lives in that apt complex .... says it's public info. Hmmm, any sleuthers on this one yet?!?!

The addresses for the apartment complex are all "60 Ferry St." + the apartment number.

Middletown link to Le mystery?

Updated: Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:52 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:51 PM EDT
Middletown (WTNH) - Police have focused in on a Middletown apartment complex in the homicide investigation of Annie Le, a Yale graduate student whose body was found Sunday inside the wall of a Yale building.

More at link:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_middletown_link_le_200909151450

From the above link (thanks, SuziQ):

The Associated Press is reporting that police are questioning folks who live in the Wharfside Commons apartment complex. Public records show that a Yale animal research technician resides in the complex.

That directory is for one department and I have not been able to find any reference that they are in the Armitage building.

Yale would have far more than 11 animal techs total, unless they are superhuman.

Both of those names are very, very common.

ITA....Also, we should be cautious, because this job is one that could very well have a high rate of turnover from one semester to the next. A list that was current in May of this year, or even the summer, might have several changes for the start of the fall semester. It would not be a list that gets updated every week, or even every month. Just a hint.....be cautious and don't assume that ANY list is complete or current!

jmo

Please everyone, there might be breaking news at any moment. The last thing we need is a moderator to come in and lock down the forum to clean it up. Please go back and self edit any posts you think might violate the TOS. Thank you.

And anyone who feels a post is innapropriate, hit the red triangle on the right of that post and alert a mod. Do not respond to that poster. It just makes another post for the mods to clean up.

ITA....Also, we should be cautious, because this job is one that could very well have a high rate of turnover from one semester to the next. A list that was current in May of this year, or even the summer, might have several changes for the start of the fall semester. It would not be a list that gets updated every week, or even every month. Just a hint.....be cautious and don't assume that ANY list is complete or current!

jmo

Ehh....I would guess that someone as disciplined as a lab tech (in their daily lives) probably wouldn't want to move too often. I'm going to assume it's correct - college town here...it takes a lot of time to move, too...and if they were busy, and the price was good...why move? =)

Professor Reminisces About Annie Le
'Poise And Professionalism' Quote Stood Out In Le's Interview
POSTED: 1:55 pm EDT September 15, 2009
UPDATED: 2:30 pm EDT September 15, 2009
<snipped>
She worked in a lab on the lower level of 10 Amistad St. in New Haven. Eventually, her remains were discovered in the basement of the facility hidden behind a wall.

Professor Gary Rudnick said he remembered interviewing Le for a spot in the graduate program at Yale. He said she stood out for her quote, "poise and professionalism."

He also said, "She was an energetic vivacious and hardworking student. Everyone who met her liked her. We are all taking this pretty hard."

Rudnick also remembers from Le's admissions interview that she was interested in using the Ph.D. she was working towards to go into academia. Rudnick said that was a noble cause because she could have considered a biotech or pharmaceutical company and made a lot of money.

Now, Le will never realize any of her dreams.

Article:
http://www.wfsb.com/news/20926604/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Middletown link to Le mystery?
Updated: Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:52 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:51 PM EDT
<snipped>
Police have focused in on a Middletown apartment complex in the homicide investigation of Annie Le, a Yale graduate student whose body was found Sunday inside the wall of a Yale building.

The Associated Press is reporting that police are questioning folks who live in the Wharfside Commons apartment complex. Public records show that a Yale animal research technician resides in the complex.

New Haven police said late Tuesday morning that they could not confirm or deny that they had a person of interest.

The Office of the State Medical Examiner has ruled Le's death a homicide. The cause of death will be released today at 3pm.

At 7pm, a family friend will be making a statement on behalf of Le's family.

Article:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_middletown_link_le_200909151450

:angel:

The office had been withholding its report in order to assist the police investigation. The state's chief medical examiner ruled Le's death a homicide Monday but declined to say how she died.
An official parked outside the Warfside Commons apartment complex in Middletown, about 20 miles away near Hartford, wouldn't confirm whether police were there to investigate the Le killing, but public records show the technician lives in a first-floor apartment.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550325,00.html

An official parked outside the Warfside Commons apartment complex in Middletown, about 20 miles away near Hartford, wouldn't confirm whether police were there to investigate the Le killing, but public records show the technician lives in a first-floor apartment. A man answering the door Tuesday said the technician wasn't at home and closed the door.

Neighbors said authorities in unmarked cars arrived Monday afternoon and frequently follow and pull over drivers in the complex. New Haven police would not comment on the efforts there and continued to deny published reports that a suspect was in custody.

"You guys made up the fact that we had somebody in custody, the media in general," Avery told reporters outside the police department Tuesday. "We're talking to a lot of people."

Several news organizations have reported that police were interviewing a possible suspect who failed a polygraph test and has defensive wounds on his body. ABC News, WNBC-TV, The New Haven Register and the New Haven Independent cited anonymous sources in their reports. The Register and WNBC-TV identified the possible suspect as a lab technician.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j3Z7m0uROG-_CM8GzpRCqE2M9IbwD9ANTHU80

The name with the 1985 birthdate and one speeding violation (but not "excessively fast") is listed in a Yahoo people search in Middletown, but not at 60 Ferry St. Of course it's a very common name.

Is there going to be a presser or not???

I'm not seeing any links for a 3pm presser. And it's 3:15 in Ct.

Could someone please pm me the name of the person that could possibly be the suspect. I've been reading (trying to stay current), but this has me stumped. I came up with two very common names on the directory but I'm not sure if either of them are correct.

Let's consider this: at 12:01 PM today, the New Haven Independent published this information:

(The suspect retained a lawyer. He’s no longer working at Yale. The state’s judicial website shows only one previous case involving the suspect, who was born in 1985; he was nabbed for “traveling unreasonably fast.”)

This seems to indicate that the New Haven Independent has the name of the suspect.

At 1:41 today, the New Haven Independent published the story about the Yale student who contacted FBI after remembering an incident in which a man with a blood-stained shirt held the door open for her on the Tuesday Annie was last seen.

She described the man as being white and of “medium build.” He wore glasses and had reddish brown hair.

Is it just me, or would they NOT publish the second story at all if the physical description given by the student did not match the physical description of the known name of the suspect from the first story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann