FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for listening to me and making me feel welcome. I appreciate all of your hard work in solving/discussing all of these beautiful missing children. I am sure that DT and ST both have issues with each other, I just pray they can work together to provide a good life for the three innocent children left in this mess. I have to go get hugs from my own grandbabies now, it seems i cant go a day without seeing them since this happened and i am terrified that this scum may be just down the street, more terrifed that I know there is scum all around them. Again thank you all for your prayers and concern. GOD BLESS THE LITTLE CHILDREN!!!!! JUSTICE FOR ALL CHILDREN.

What I find way off is why the LE are still outside of her home - three weeks after the murder. With the budget cuts, the man power needed to track down this killer.... why would they assign an officer to stand guard in front of the house? The only thing that comes to my mind is..... well quite frankly...... nothing.

I think it was noted by the local person that the police were in front of her house on one particular recent occasion when the local drove by. I think it was also noted by someone, perhaps the same poster, that they were not there on another recent occasion.

I would imagine that the police will be at her home quite often until this case is solved. They would be there updating her on the investigation and asking any new questions that might come up based on their investigation but I doubt she has round the clock police guard outside her home.

It would make sense however to have undercover police in the area in case she has upset the perpetrator with some of her comments about him/her in some of her interviews.

She has been extremely cold to ST in all of this, including the obit. imo, its because she is clinging to the bf, who seems very controlling. He is the one who snatched up lil ST and would not let his father hug him at the graveside. DT did not say a word, other than to snarl to ST that this was not the time to see his kids. unbelievable reaction to me at a time like that. Lil ST was obviously devasted, curled in a ball in pain. I wanted to hug him too, but all I could do was tell ST his children were watching him and to let it go for now. The funeral director then told us we were not invited to attend the "reception" at the church after and that he would be glad to buy us lunch at sonnys. To which we declined. The funeral home would not provide copy of guest books or anything other than a copy of the cards on flowers to ST. They excluded him at every turn, stating that DT had requested he not receive anything else. Her bf sat in front row with lil ST. ST and fam were seated to the left of the casket, not even in the section reserved for family. Selfishness is not a character most good mothers have. all imo.
bold by me
What could possibly be her motivation for this? What is there she didn't want him to see?
Maybe she is just spiteful.

Do they have some sort of official custody agreement? He should be entitled to information pertaining to his children.

I understand he wasn't paying support but that does not invalidate his rights as a father.

It seems there is not an amicable relationship here, and that is unfortunate. But as a father he is entitled to information regarding his children. He may have to work a little harder to get the information if mom is not cooperative, but if he's concerned enough and it's worth it, he'll fight to get it.

My last post for now.... ST's interview went exactly as stated above. At the time, I know his greatest concern was to see is children and we all know if you need an attny, you also need money. So it may have come off that way at the time. he had called police for help, spoken with members of DT's family who were cordial to him and all told him to get an attorney. This need has been taken care of , so I hope, like all of you that any funds will go where they are needed to protect our children. I have faith this will be the outcome in ST's case.

To me, it'd seem that in the immediate aftermath of a child abduction and brutal murder, a parent would be too immersed in their grief and wouldn't seek to block another parent, also suffering, from grieving or participating in the memorial of their child. I can't see how a parent would have the clarity to be pulling these strings. It really saddens and troubles me.

I wonder if ST or DT read forums about Somer?? I know we learned the A's did and do ..

Does anyone know if WLK has a court date today? And if so, what type of hearing is it? A trial date for failing to notify change of address? A pre-trial?
I don't know how these cases proceed in FL.
He's been arrested, bond it set, what is the next step?

I have no idea sharethelight.. I would look if I knew how.. I keep losing my bookmarks. I just can't get use to this vista windows... had it over a year and still do not care for it..

Does anyone know if WLK has a court date today? And if so, what type of hearing is it? A trial date for failing to notify change of address? A pre-trial?
I don't know how these cases proceed in FL.
He's been arrested, bond it set, what is the next step?

Maybe someone else can offer more info...

So far this is what I see:

1. Failure to Comply with Sexual Predator Requirements(Fail to Chg Add W/DMV W/I 48 Hrs) 775.21(6)(g)1 Third Degree Felony 11/01/2009
2. Failure to Comply with Sexual Predator Requirements(Fail to Chg Add W/DMV W/I 48 Hrs) 775.21(6)(g)1 Third Degree Felony 11/01/2009

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
11/03/2009 Clay County Jail -bond set at 25003.00 blk
11/03/2009 Financial Affidavit Declared Indigent by Examiner
11/04/2009 Arrest and Booking Report
11/04/2009 Provisional Order Appointing Public Defender

I have no idea sharethelight.. I would look if I knew how.. I keep losing my bookmarks. I just can't get use to this vista windows... had it over a year and still do not care for it..

O/T
LOL I can't keep my Vista bookmarks straight either, that's why I asked. it's a JOB to go thru them-I don't know where they go. I started taking paper/pencial notes instead.
I'll start looking.

ETA: thanks tarabull and paris_paris!! you saved me from pulling out my hair!

She has been extremely cold to ST in all of this, including the obit. imo, its because she is clinging to the bf, who seems very controlling. He is the one who snatched up lil ST and would not let his father hug him at the graveside. DT did not say a word, other than to snarl to ST that this was not the time to see his kids. unbelievable reaction to me at a time like that. Lil ST was obviously devasted, curled in a ball in pain. I wanted to hug him too, but all I could do was tell ST his children were watching him and to let it go for now. The funeral director then told us we were not invited to attend the "reception" at the church after and that he would be glad to buy us lunch at sonnys. To which we declined. The funeral home would not provide copy of guest books or anything other than a copy of the cards on flowers to ST. They excluded him at every turn, stating that DT had requested he not receive anything else. Her bf sat in front row with lil ST. ST and fam were seated to the left of the casket, not even in the section reserved for family. Selfishness is not a character most good mothers have. all imo.
before I forget my manners... welcome to websleuths sadnpod.

Now... as to what you just posted.... WOW! This is about as cold as they come! imhoo of course!!!!

O/T
LOL I can't keep my Vista bookmarks straight either, that's why I asked. it's a JOB to go thru them-I don't know where they go. I started taking paper/pencial notes instead.
I'll start looking.

ETA: thanks tarabull and paris_paris!! you saved me from pulling out my hair!

O/T: I don't even know how to make a folder like in old windows in the bookmarks. so my list is very very long.. takes days to get to end of it.. :banghead:

I saw an interview on national TV with Somer's Dad before the funeral services. He appeared to me to be soliciting donations for himself. He said some people had given him money and a church was setting up an account for him and he gave the name of the church.

It was not pretty. It just sickened me that he had an opportunity to appeal to the public for help in solving this terrible murder, but used the time to appeal for money specifically sent for him in NC.
I respectfully disagree with this. I did not take him to be soliciting funds, esp in light of the questions that reporters were asking him.

Do any of you guys need pictures or something of the neighborhood to help the sleuthing?

Maybe someone else can offer more info...

So far this is what I see:

1. Failure to Comply with Sexual Predator Requirements(Fail to Chg Add W/DMV W/I 48 Hrs) 775.21(6)(g)1 Third Degree Felony 11/01/2009
2. Failure to Comply with Sexual Predator Requirements(Fail to Chg Add W/DMV W/I 48 Hrs) 775.21(6)(g)1 Third Degree Felony 11/01/2009

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
11/03/2009 Clay County Jail -bond set at 25003.00 blk
11/03/2009 Financial Affidavit Declared Indigent by Examiner
11/04/2009 Arrest and Booking Report
11/04/2009 Provisional Order Appointing Public Defender

So it looks like his court date today may be a pre-trial hearing or a status hearing??
In MD once someone is charged, generally there is a bail review, pre-trial, status hearing, and then the trial date. Along with any other motions date that may be filed.
Does anyone know if this is how they proceed in FL or is it different?

My last post for now.... ST's interview went exactly as stated above. At the time, I know his greatest concern was to see is children and we all know if you need an attny, you also need money. So it may have come off that way at the time. he had called police for help, spoken with members of DT's family who were cordial to him and all told him to get an attorney. This need has been taken care of , so I hope, like all of you that any funds will go where they are needed to protect our children. I have faith this will be the outcome in ST's case.
thank you for joining us sadnpod.. and give your grandkids a big websleuths hug! I too hope that the two of them can do the right thing in their divorce... above all respecting one another.

Q for locals:

Does Solomon dead end ... is their a trail or path to the other part of Solomon? A way to get from the nursing home up to Solomon? TIA

sadnpod, AFAIK you are the ONLY person on the 'inside' who has come forward with any information that helps us see either side of this horrible murder.
I thank you so much for joining us. I would give you the usual jaunty welcome, except that it seems so out of place for someone in your unenviable position.
Please continue to help us understand things that may pave the way for Daddy to rejoin his children's lives.
Actually, your statement that Mom stopped all communication from Dad explains the reason Dad had not spoken to Somer in the last 2 months before she was killed.
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, Somer's family, and know that if there's anything you want to know, this tight-knit community will try their darndest to get the information you need. I have NEVER seen a more dedicated group in my entire life.
I am both glad and sorry that there will be another memorial service for Somer in NC. Glad that her family there will be able to meet with other loved ones, and to hear words of comfort. Sad that there have to be two services, when it should have been one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member