Casey's Lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
She lied about the gas gauge in her being broken.

She lied about having received that phone call from Caylee on the 15th.

She lied about receiving messages from Zanni online.

She lied about lying!

She lied about the reason she brought the police to Universal-stating in a "backward" sort of way she was hoping to find Caylee there...yep-that was what she implied...that she went there because Zanni and or Caylee might have been there or someone there might have seen them. Good one huh?

BMM
:clap:

Although this covers a topic as wide as the great outdoors, there has been some VERY keen insights. One that really sticks in me craw is in her original written statement she takes Caylee to the apartment. When confronted at Universal about its long-time vacancy, she back pedals and says the steps. The talk w/Yuri that first night/early morning is something to behold, too. Her explanation of not having numbers and the SIM card use is a modern day Lou Costello explanation. Finally, for me tuppence here, 'She has an ID. I have seen it." regarding Zanny's alleged seasonal employment at Universal. Sorry these are nowhere near as insightful as some of the other gems but lots of you are tough acts to follow :ninja:

Can you imagine how many lies we DON"T know about.
Anyone think she has made up another whole story and told JB it's what really happened? Wouldn't surprise me . . .

BBM
When she was first arrested in July and for a few months afterward, Yes, I did.

(respectfully snipped)

Oh my gawd, that's just nuts. Me and the boys have been drinking ever since that woman threw us under the bus. Just don't know how to regain the trust and respect we once had. This is international for crying out loud.

l_aec0a6d9af7ec0cfb43c5861ed74705e.gif

OK, I'll stop now .. Noddy:crazy:

:floorlaugh:

respectfully snipped

I believe, along with others, that Caylee may have already been telling
CA some of what was happening, leading to CA's threats about getting custody of Caylee and, no doubt, fights with KC.

CA accepted KC's lies, but I believe she loved Caylee, and would not have knowingly allowed KC to abuse her.

OT for this thread, but I seriously wonder if this was what the argument on June 15 was about - CA had spent all day alone with Caylee. Maybe Caylee started saying some things which lead CA to realise that KC had been lying about something. She challenges KC about it that night, they argue, and the next day KC decides to "fix her problem"?

I think in this interrogation interview out at Universal, she was under extreme pressure from 3 men. Yes alone in a room with 3 men that wanted answers. I don't really know how to paint that picture, but I am sure some of you have been intimidated before. I also think that anyone who is sitting in front of a police officer that is asking questions, is going to give the answer they think that police officer wants to hear. I am not giving Casey an excuse to lie, but just understand why she would. I am sure she wanted out of there pretty bad.

Speaking of the Interrogation interview out at Universal, Does anyone know or can think of why they didn't ask about the smell in the trunk?

I think in this interrogation interview out at Universal, she was under extreme pressure from 3 men. Yes alone in a room with 3 men that wanted answers. I don't really know how to paint that picture, but I am sure some of you have been intimidated before. I also think that anyone who is sitting in front of a police officer that is asking questions, is going to give the answer they think that police officer wants to hear. I am not giving Casey an excuse to lie, but just understand why she would. I am sure she wanted out of there pretty bad.

That's true, but she didn't sound nervous in the least - and even laughed at times. I think that, at that point, LE thought it might be better to make a grown woman who is not being the least bit truthful or cooperative a little nervous, than risk the life of a child she said was kidnapped by her babysitter. They reminded her that was their prime objective, but it did not appear to be hers.

Speaking of the Interrogation interview out at Universal, Does anyone know or can think of why they didn't ask about the smell in the trunk?

That's a good question; I always assumed it was because they were asking KC a lot of open-ended questions hoping she would be honest (which is a typical interview technique) in supplying the rest of the information.

They did not intend to tell her everything they knew at that point, in order not to contaminate her responses about specific details. I am also wondering when exactly LE was able to coordinate CA's comment on her 911 call that the car smelled like a dead body with the actual car odor, in that I do not recall any of the family mentioning the car to LE that evening when they filled out their reports. It is unclear to me whether or not the Anthonys were forthcoming about the car odor once LE arrived, or if LE had to put it together from the 911 call.

There was NO reason for Casey to lie when she had a missing two year old child, unless she was responsible somehow for her daughter being gone and was trying to protect herself. That is the ONLY reason a MOTHER would lie when being questioned while her child is MISSING !

IIRC it was George that finally mentioned it a day later, ( after car clean up) to Y Melich-but G attributed the smell to the trash bag- which prompted YM to drive over, pick up the trash bag that had been tossed at the tow lot. Next morning Simon Birch called with his information...

The thing is, though, she was NOT giving answers they wanted to hear. They were pressuring her to confess to an accident and she absolutely refused to do so. Instead, she kept saying things (untrue things) that the officers did NOT want to hear (because they were untrue).

Their pressure might explain why she CONFESSED to some of the lies (i.e., the lie that she still worked at Universal), but it doesn't explain why she told the lies in the first place.

There are 4 possible explanations for Casey's lies to the police, as I see it: (1) Casey is lying about what happened to Caylee because she had a hand (intentionally or negligently) in Caylee's ultimate death, (2) Casey is lying about what happened to Caylee because she is trying to protect her family from some third person (the Bad Guy), (3) Casey is just a compulsive liar, (4) Casey wanted her story about Caylee to be consistent with other lies she had told before for other reasons.

Which one do you think is correct? Or is it more than one? For example:

I believe that Casey lied to the police about working at Universal because of #4--she didn't want her parents to find out she had been hanging out partying instead of working at Universal. She still thought there was a chance of continuing with that story and didn't want to mess it up by telling the police the truth.

I believe that Casey lied to the police about having attended Valencia for 1 1/2 years and having obtained her planning certificate because of #3--she was nervous and making what she thought was small talk with Det. Wells (the "good cop") while waiting for the other two (the "bad cops") to return. Her way of making small talk is to lie.

I believe that Casey lied to the police about Caylee having a nanny named Zenaida because of a combination of #4 and #1--she had been making up lies about Zenaida for quite a while as part of her "I Have a Job" lie, and didn't want that lie to be exposed to her family (#4), and also she wanted to be able to say that Caylee was alive last time she saw her (to cover up her knowledge of Caylee's death), and the only way to explain that would be if she said she left Caylee with someone she trusted (#1).

Number 2 just makes no sense to me. First, Casey was supposedly lying to protect Caylee. Now, Caylee is known to be dead. So is she still lying to protect her family? Wouldn't the Bad Guy be just as ticked off by her leaving "clues" to the truth as he/she would be by her telling the truth?? Or are the "clues" also false? Or do you think she is now telling the truth (the Zenaida and Samantha at JB Park story)?

Reminds me of what I reread today. Georges deposition is like reading some textbook on parent abuse.
How he stopped asking questions because it caused problems in the house between he and Cindy, was soooo sick. It was actually to the point that Cindy put George in the HOTSEAT for checking up on the Sports Authority job and when he caught her redhanded in her lie about working there, it was like it was HIS FAULT for finding out. Geesh.

Clearly these people were terrified of Casey and afraid she would take caylee "away". Whether they were subconsciously concerned for her safety we will never know.
I could tell by the questions being asked of George that I think this sort of stuff will be in evidence at trial.

It's like Casey was holding her parents hostage with the threat of taking Caylee away from them if they didn't allow her to have her way. Cindy's reaction to George checking up on Casey's job at the Sports Authority was fear........fear of upsetting Casey and Casey in turn doing something to deprive them of Caylee.

This was probably on-going behavior in the family, a real tug of war between Casey and her parents. On June 15th that rope finally snapped and Casey took Caylee away from her parents forever.

I read the G, NG thread and towards the end there was much discussion by you about wanting proof that Casey lied. Well, you have been given proof, written word, audio and video.

So now that it has been established that she lied, you would like for us to understand why she lied?

I DO understand why she lied and it wasn't because there were 3 male police officers in the room "intimidating" her. It was because she had much to hide. She is a liar, it is who she is. She has proven this time and time again, in her life with her family and friends and again in this case.

There is a saying....Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

The thing is, though, she was NOT giving answers they wanted to hear. They were pressuring her to confess to an accident and she absolutely refused to do so. Instead, she kept saying things (untrue things) that the officers did NOT want to hear (because they were untrue).

Their pressure might explain why she CONFESSED to some of the lies (i.e., the lie that she still worked at Universal), but it doesn't explain why she told the lies in the first place.

There are 4 possible explanations for Casey's lies to the police, as I see it: (1) Casey is lying about what happened to Caylee because she had a hand (intentionally or negligently) in Caylee's ultimate death, (2) Casey is lying about what happened to Caylee because she is trying to protect her family from some third person (the Bad Guy), (3) Casey is just a compulsive liar, (4) Casey wanted her story about Caylee to be consistent with other lies she had told before for other reasons.

Which one do you think is correct? Or is it more than one? For example:

I believe that Casey lied to the police about working at Universal because of #4--she didn't want her parents to find out she had been hanging out partying instead of working at Universal. She still thought there was a chance of continuing with that story and didn't want to mess it up by telling the police the truth.

I believe that Casey lied to the police about having attended Valencia for 1 1/2 years and having obtained her planning certificate because of #3--she was nervous and making what she thought was small talk with Det. Wells (the "good cop") while waiting for the other two (the "bad cops") to return. Her way of making small talk is to lie.

I believe that Casey lied to the police about Caylee having a nanny named Zenaida because of a combination of #4 and #1--she had been making up lies about Zenaida for quite a while as part of her "I Have a Job" lie, and didn't want that lie to be exposed to her family (#4), and also she wanted to be able to say that Caylee was alive last time she saw her (to cover up her knowledge of Caylee's death), and the only way to explain that would be if she said she left Caylee with someone she trusted (#1).

Number 2 just makes no sense to me. First, Casey was supposedly lying to protect Caylee. Now, Caylee is known to be dead. So is she still lying to protect her family? Wouldn't the Bad Guy be just as ticked off by her leaving "clues" to the truth as he/she would be by her telling the truth?? Or are the "clues" also false? Or do you think she is now telling the truth (the Zenaida and Samantha at JB Park story)?

For an excellent analysis of the JB park story have a look at today's Hinky Meter.

OT for this thread, but I seriously wonder if this was what the argument on June 15 was about - CA had spent all day alone with Caylee. Maybe Caylee started saying some things which lead CA to realise that KC had been lying about something. She challenges KC about it that night, they argue, and the next day KC decides to "fix her problem"?

It's not really off-topic, as I'm sure that argument between Cindy and Casey probably encompassed many things, including Casey's lies and behavior. I think that argument was confrontational and explosive and was the catalyst for Casey killing Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675