NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Patty
I do not think it is mandatory from this snipped from your link you provided.

Is kindergarten compulsory in North Carolina?
No. All public school systems must offer kindergarten, but children are not required to attend

The originally statement was:
In NC you don't have to attend school until you are seven years old. Kindergarten is not mandatory.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4453267&postcount=281"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14[/ame]

I understand about the Kindergartan not being manadatory, however confused about the part: "In NC you don't have to attend school until you are seven years old.

Normally children are in Grade 1 at age 6, and Grade 2 at age 7.

Help!!! :banghead:

I don't agree, if this man would have been doing his job BEING A FATHER he would most likely not be burying his child. No, he didn't kill her but he sure didn't stop it. This is JMO, your welcome to yours but this is how I feel.

I respect your opinion. I just think that if we are going to go that route, and point fingers at people who could have possibly stopped it. The list doesn't stop at the father. How about the neighbors who actually lived next door and saw what conditions these children were in and didn't say anything. The man who said he saw cigarette burns. The people who worked at the hotel and saw this man bring this lil girl into a hotel at 6 am in nothing but a t-shirt. THe Aunt is the one that dropped her off...no one has said anything about her (not that they should...just for sake of discussion)
I'm not saying he didn't make some poor decisions but to blame him would be almost the same as saying elizabeth smart's parents are to blame for not locking the window.

Cheyenne is one of three children Lockhart had with his wife of seven years, Vickie Sue Lockhart.
In 1998, Vickie Sue Lockhart was murdered along with her 19-year-old sister at a home on Graham Road. The two women were bound, gagged and shot with a shotgun in what police said was a robbery.

Three others also were shot; one, 24-year-old David Epps, also died. Two men were later convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Since the murders, Cheyenne and her brothers stayed mostly with their grandparents, Byron and Phyllis Coleman, in the Remington subdivision behind Seventy-First High School.

"We've had a lot of tragedy in our family," said Byron Coleman, Vickie Sue Lockhart's father.

Coleman said he was angry about Shaniya's death.

"He knew the situation with this girl," Coleman said. "He knew the kind of environment.

"Why take Shaniya back to a woman like that? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard."

The Colemans and Brad Lockhart have been on opposing sides in several lawsuits in recent years, most of which were dismissed. A case filed in 1998 resulted in the Colemans being granted custody of their grandchildren and child support in 2007, according to court files.

Before Shaniya's death, Lockhart was paying child support on three children, including Shaniya and two of the children from his marriage.

BBM

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953110

The originally statement was:
In NC you don't have to attend school until you are seven years old. Kindergarten is not mandatory.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

I understand about the Kindergartan not being manadatory, however confused about the part: "In NC you don't have to attend school until you are seven years old.

Normally children are in Grade 1 at age 6, and Grade 2 at age 7.

Help!!! :banghead:

Don't be too shocked. In some states you are not required to attend school until 8 years of age

If you look at the date on the report, the computer was stolen on October 12, not November 12. So I doubt it would have any information regarding Shaniya's murder since she had only come to stay 3 days prior. It could have given LE other information though, if this proves to be more than just a one-time thing.

I'm not sure...if you look at the date in the system, it's 11/12/09.

Don't be too shocked. In some states you are not required to attend school until 8 years of age

IMO preschool shoud be mandatory.
Of course I was a preschool teacher for years so I may have bias.

Maybe "we" don't know this...."I" believe Carey, ex-fil and Tim Allen.

Sorry, I didn't see your IMO in your siggy.
Thought it was a fact you read somewhere. My bad.

No, I don't remember this, will look again on transcipt BUT, I did find
the brother very composed talking about little sister.
I found it a little staged when dad came out and hugged him, kissed his head
(boy didn't seem to respond) and then dad sat beside him...........
I'm sure dad loves him, but it looked staged to me, sorry I hd to give my opinion.

Anyone have a video on the son talking or dad coming to sit by him. Please. TY in advance.

I respect your opinion. I just think that if we are going to go that route, and point fingers at people who could have possibly stopped it. The list doesn't stop at the father. How about the neighbors who actually lived next door and saw what conditions these children were in and didn't say anything. The man who said he saw cigarette burns. The people who worked at the hotel and saw this man bring this lil girl into a hotel at 6 am in nothing but a t-shirt. THe Aunt is the one that dropped her off...no one has said anything about her (not that they should...just for sake of discussion)
I'm not saying he didn't make some poor decisions but to blame him would be almost the same as saying elizabeth smart's parents are to blame for not locking the window.

Not locking a window?? That would be a mistake, this is down right neglect the friends, family did try to help by telling the person who was responsible to take care of Shaniya. They even went so far as to offer to raise her, should they have done more YES, and I am sure they are feeling badly about that now, but it sure don't seem like daddy is feeling very badly. I am stepping out for a bite maybe I can calm down, I just don't have any pity for this man right now, I think he is a big fake.

I think this got edited out or previous post because I am new here and did not know certain things but BL has a very relationships with all his Babies Mama's and I am not sure what else I can say besides this. I saw the documents today myself and it was very scary to see what kind of things his children have seen.

Hi momof2boys! Could you please tell us what type of documents you saw? Were they official court documents? If so, do you happen to know the court of filing or the court that heard the cases involved? I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff but have been unable to do so with Brad. Please advise. Thanks so much.

Again, welcome to Websleuths. Trust me, it's addicting here, especially when you realize you really are making a positive difference simply by participating. :wink:

Been trying to follow along but you guys are moving FAST. In the pictures from the hotel surveillance, Shaniya looks to be awake. I wonder if she was crying or asking where MAM was taking her? Do we think she was drugged?

Anyone have a video on the son talking or dad coming to sit by him. Please. TY in advance.

[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/11/18/ng.brother.speaks.cnn[/ame]

I'm sorry, I keep going back to the cigarette burns.
I have searched for hours to find a delicate way to say this without oversharing.
There isn't, so I won't say all of it, I'll only say this.
Cigarette burns and sexual abuse go together.
As my therapist put it, "alternative penetration". Cigarettes open holes in the skin, which can be sexual for some "people."

I very rarely say trust me. Trust me on this one.

Brad's role in this goes WAY beyond leaving a window unlocked (or bringing a mentally ill homeless man to their home to help him). Brad didn't accidentally walk in harms way.

We don't know what calls the neighbors and Aunt made or didn't make.
And the hotel worker???? You have to be kidding. They wouldn't have this case as far along as they do without a helpful and observant hotel worker. Shaniya is awake, alert, calm and dressed in that video. Parents carry kids into the hotel from traveling in all kinds of states of dress. It is not like he walked through the lobby with a hostage victim gagged and bound. I lay no blame there.

I'm sorry, I have looked back through a few of the threads on this case. Do we know the COD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneSays1989!