WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this might explain why the FBI is pulling out. If they are just waiting for a wrap-up on forensics it would make sense.

RE profiling, yes there are some good minds here that think in that direction. If what I am hearing about the way she was killed is true it would make sense that it was someone known to her, perhaps even someone who "loved" her. It would involve very little gore and he wouldn't have to see her face while performing the act. Sorry to speak so obliquely but I don't want to repeat the rumor. It's out there and I'm sure many know what I'm talking about.

I think as far as profiling we can be fairly certain (although still a guess) that the perp knew the vic, and the perp was familiar with the area. That seems to be pretty obvious, there are too many things that point away from it being a random attack.

RE profiling, yes there are some good minds here that think in that direction. If what I am hearing about the way she was killed is true it would make sense that it was someone known to her, perhaps even someone who "loved" her. It would involve very little gore and he wouldn't have to see her face while performing the act. Sorry to speak so obliquely but I don't want to repeat the rumor. It's out there and I'm sure many know what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

My feelings are that there is a 10% chance that this was some random crazy. I believe that there is a 90% that she knew this person or knew of this person. In the end some type of emotion was involved; especially if what we have all heard was involved. Was it love, jealousy or revenge?

1. Love or love lost and rage took over?
2. Jealousy, of her that turned into rage?
3. Revenge?
4. Random stranger?

Why was the car dropped off at a random location so far away from the crime scene? Was this done to throw off law enforcement? The fact is there are hundreds of places where a car can be hidden around Crescent Bar. There are places where a car can be driven into the river and maybe never seen again.

A random stranger (serial killer) would not have placed the body where it would be found so quickly. They would hide it, hoping that it would never be found so they could kill again.

It seems like she knew them.

Jimmy

Why was the car dropped off at a random location so far away from the crime scene? Was this done to throw off law enforcement? The fact is there are hundreds of places where a car can be hidden around Crescent Bar. There are places where a car can be driven into the river and maybe never seen again.

Jimmy

I think it's going to turn out that where the car was left was not random. I think it was within walking distance from the perps house or a friend of the perp, or he somehow secreted another car in the area and walked to it.

I don't think any of us have discounted the possibility, I know I haven't. The problem is we don't have any certain confirmation that he was her BF. Regardless, the police are aware of him. Did you see his newest piece?

My mom works at Wenatchee high school and this kids clearly unstable just by what he is writing, weather or not this kid had anything to do with it... From his writings alone, anyone who sees them may even be out to get him tryin to be the "hero of wenatchee". So either way police need to investigate this person. His writings are very graphic pictures being painted. I hardly think this is coinsidence... However its best for police to do there jobs. Im just tired of them toying with us acting like they have somone, and then telling radio stations if anyone has any info please contact us like they dont...

Watching to video of her walking to her car is heart breaking.. I just want to scoop her up and take her to safety. I'm sure that video is hard for her loved ones to watch.

I think LE is looking into the BF. In the Ryann Crow case LE was saying all along that the estranged husband was cooperating with LE. Well they arrested him yesterday for her murder and still have not found her body. Her case is also in the missing forum.
I do hope LE in Mackenize's case is working just as hard to find her killer.

I am monitoring the comments on the Wenatchee World website. A couple of people brought up a couple of good points about the video and it leaves me asking why they only released 73 seconds and what happen before and after.
What the posters are talking about is that she looks back at a white truck. It appears that she looks at the white truck several times. It looks like she is talking with someone that may be in the truck. If you look at the truck the wheels are pointed in a direction that indicates that they over turned when they parked.

Video: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/

Comments: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/18/cops-hope-for-help-from-video-parking-lot-images/

When did the truck arrive at the location and when did it leave?

Jimmy

I am monitoring the comments on the Wenatchee World website. A couple of people brought up a couple of good points about the video and it leaves me asking why they only released 73 seconds and what happen before and after.
What the posters are talking about is that she looks back at a white truck. It appears that she looks at the white truck several times. It looks like she is talking with someone that may be in the truck. If you look at the truck the wheels are pointed in a direction that indicates that they over turned when they parked.

Video: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/

Comments: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/18/cops-hope-for-help-from-video-parking-lot-images/

When did the truck arrive at the location and when did it leave?

Jimmy
Jim, ITA with you (re: bbm). She got sidetracked from her normal day by someone. Either she met up with or ran into that someone (did she stop anywhere with cameras like a gas station, etc, or was she captured heading a certain way on a traffic cam?), she previously planned to meet with someone (white truck person) and it was a 'follow me here' situation which ended badly (such a meeting/plan could have footprints on her phone, her facebook, her email, heresay from school, etc), or the last situation, which I do not believe to be the case, she picks up a hitchhiker or runs into some stranger in between beauty school and her destination.

We must never forget that this was a highschool student going about her day. What did she have planned for after beauty school? Did she have dance team practice scheduled for that day? Did she ever make it to the coffee shop or MacDonalds that she frequented (are there cameras in those locations?). Did she stop for gas??? (have all station cameras been reviewed to see if she filled up anywhere and ran into someone??)..

That house... it is key... either the location was known to her or it was known to the perp. And than the car is found back closer to her start point (beauty school) in a remote location. Moo of course

I watched the video. It looks to me like she is being cautious of her surroundings. Like something I would do after dark in a large parking lot.

Has anyone read JO's latest? Should someone contact his parents? Am I allowed to post the name of the poem?

ETA: he talks in the poem of killing his father and blaming his parents for his bipolar disease...creepy

I just read through the comments of that news forum as well........and after watching the video first and then reading the comments I have to agree with a couple of things they have said...

1st of all my immediate thought was that she was wearing heels.......they said that she was supposed to be wearing boots.....maybe they had heels......but she definitely is doing the heel walk....

I do think she looks back at one of the cars as well.........

also someone said that they thought the police had posted the video to see if someone notices something about the cars parked....ie they know of the car and owner who may be acting strangely......this makes sense to me....

I watched the video. It looks to me like she is being cautious of her surroundings. Like something I would do after dark in a large parking lot.

I wonder if they can go back and watch other days to see how she walked to her car, to me she was holding her arm funny, jmo

and

what time she did go to school that day and how long
I hope they had someone watch the whole tape to see if anybody was around the car

I just read through the comments of that news forum as well........and after watching the video first and then reading the comments I have to agree with a couple of things they have said...

1st of all my immediate thought was that she was wearing heels.......they said that she was supposed to be wearing boots.....maybe they had heels......but she definitely is doing the heel walk....

I do think she looks back at one of the cars as well.........

also someone said that they thought the police had posted the video to see if someone notices something about the cars parked....ie they know of the car and owner who may be acting strangely......this makes sense to me....

I posted this on the forum and will post it here as well.

"No information about her boots was released except they are fur trimmed. My guess is that they are the same boots in her facebook photo, and I can't tell if they have heels or not. IIRC it was also stated that clothes and shoes were in her car, so this would indicate at least a couple of pairs. She had specific clothes worn for beauty school that were different from her street clothes."

I don't really think the heels VS no heels is relevant, personally. It probably just means that she had 2 pairs with her that day, and the ones left in the car were NOT the boots. Ergo, when she was still a missing person she was described as wearing the boots.

Has anyone read JO's latest? Should someone contact his parents? Am I allowed to post the name of the poem?

ETA: he talks in the poem of killing his father and blaming his parents for his bipolar disease...creepy

Yes, it's very weird. Liz sent me a link late last night. I thought the same as you, it's almost an indictment against his parents for him being the way he is.

But that said, law enforcement is aware of him and if he has any connection to this case they are continually monitoring him.

Personally I didn't see anything odd at all in this video, either the surroundings or the way she was conducting herself. It's easy to look at it from the perspective of knowing about what happened to her and then trying to identify unusual behavior. I just don't see it, myself.

This is most likely unrelated; however, two gang members were arrested this last weekend on assault, theft and weapons charges related to a Saturday night drive by shooting. A second one was arrested today under the same charges. I also have a first has source that at least one former gang member is being detained for unknown violation.

We do have a gang problem. While most outside of Wenatchee would consider it a small gang problem, Wenatchee is a small to medium town and any gang activity is considered to be a major problem.

Could this be related?

This is most likely unrelated; however, two gang members were arrested this last weekend on assault, theft and weapons charges related to a Saturday night drive by shooting. A second one was arrested today under the same charges. I also have a first has source that at least one former gang member is being detained for unknown violation.

We do have a gang problem. While most outside of Wenatchee would consider it a small gang problem, Wenatchee is a small to medium town and any gang activity is considered to be a major problem.

Could this be related?

Don't know if it's directly related, however it's common knowledge that the Bloods have annexed one of the local gangs, and the bloods are notorious.

Could this be related?

Anything is possible. At this point we don't have enough information to be sure one way or the other. IMO it's a good idea to be aware of other suspicious activity happening in the area at the time, so this would fall into that category.

Ive been going back and forth here, Ive noticed everyone has kinda dropped off the topic that JO could be somewhat of a suspect. Ive taken everyone of this kids poems printed them broken them down. It disturbs me, from what it looks like his poems talk about what he did, and why he did it all the way down to he was a racist kid, who wanted revenge cause she was dating a hispanic man. He even states in a poem Jokes on him... Its discusting. Ive been obsessed with this since i found this website, that kids poems. I want this kid caught and i want everyone to feel safe walking the streets again.

do you have any evidence that he knew Mackenzie?
that he was her boyfriend? that he threatened her? that they fought? anything at all?

I just find it incredible that people would want to think a kid is a murderer or even the fact that people think he is 'disturbed' because of some poems

is there more to this that only locals know of? there must be right? does his family have a bad reputation around town? are there other murderers in his family? does he have a criminal record? has he been a suspect in other crimes???

there's got to be more! or else we might as well just start arresting poets and writers everywhere based on the creepiness factor ... geez, stephen king would be in prison for life ... how 'bout edgar allan poe ... there's too many to even think of ... including me!

the poem about a guy named bob - it says right in there near the end that bob's story is an allegory

an allegory is basically a metaphor, commonly used in writing - symbolism that represents something else

this does not mean that this kid or any other person who writes dark stuff could not also be a criminal

but please, can we all look for other ties - any evidence, any crumb ... I'll take a crumb that ties him to this!

anything else, people I'm begging - otherwise I'm beginning to feel like I'm in the dark ages or Iran 2008 or geez, even America during the McCarthy era

I'm not trying to be rude to you phenox01 or anyone else ... we just really need to consider how quickly we will condemn someone and the reasons for that condemnation

and if we have a suspect in mind, we absolutely need to sleuth him - which means looking at more than just one area of his life

that's my rant for the week - sorry so long!

at the :12 or :13 mark of the video the 4th car on the row at the top of the screen (i think it is a grey minivan), to me someone is in the drivers seat, it looks like the window goes down. can someone please have a look....

addition: looking again at the video, as soon as she comes on the screen, this window opens and you can see someones arm, i think it is a car not a mini van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000