WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...my expert guess (neither fact nor rumor) is MC did not drive her car, or ride in it, up to PC.

I agree. In either case, I am more inclined to believe that whoever parked the car likely locked it out of habit, rather than any kind of plan. It would take an awfully experienced killer to be monitoring details like that.... MOO.

However, the lack of other concrete evidence-- or at least any that would lead to a quick arrest-- seems to indicate that the person(s) either a) thought this through ahead or b) did a mighty good clean-up job after the fact....
Again, just MOO :)

:iamashamed0005:please excuse the graphic-ness of this post... Please do not read if you are sensitive to discussion about corpses, in general or specifically in this case. I do not want to offend or hurt anyone.:iamashamed0005:

I'm still trying to figure something out in my (admittedly limited) mind...

M's car was found on the 9th. Her body was found on the 13th. I don't recall any info being released about how long her body appeared to have been out in the elements. (I realize that LE may not be releasing details like that for a reason).

At any rate, I someone posted about M's mom sitting with her daughter's body, holding her hand. No offense to anyone, but I don't think there is ANY mortician's magic that could remedy a body being out in the elements for four days.

So, IF M's body was in any condition for mom to hold her hand, it must not have been exposed to the elements for that long...

Where was she for those four days??:(

Or did the killer lock the doors knowing he would be returning to remove the vehicle after they dispose the body and wanted to make sure no-one could get in because there would potentially be evidence. I would imagine that killer (assuming he is along the lines we have been discussing) was SHOCKED to hear the vehicle was reported as quickly as it was.

Ok...my expert guess (neither fact nor rumor) is MC did not drive her car, or ride in it, up to PC.

Quote from WW:
Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said the last activities on the cell phone were two text messages. They were between Cowell and her boyfriend at about 3:40 p.m. and each was, "Hey." The texts were made when the phone was at the boat launch.

Something is not quite adding up. If the last ping on the cell was 3:40pm and the car was noticed abandoned at 7pm that means the killer went with her somewhere, committed the crime, then dumped the car all in less than 3hrs and 20min. because she probably did not leave the boat launch right at 3:40pm. It just seems like such a small time frame for a lot of things to happen, with the travel distance between them.

Just something to think about: What if MC was looking for, let's say marijuana? Someone hooked her up with CR (as an accomplice, if not CR then the killer). The killer or CR had her follow him up Pitcher canyon, had her park her car, saying the dealers are paranoid of other people knowing his connections, had her drive with him to supposedly go make the marijuana deal, then from there the killer brought her to a different location or CR brought her to the killer, then it all happened at an unknown location, later dumping the body at CB.

Just a thought...... ponder...

:iamashamed0005:please excuse the graphic-ness of this post... Please do not read if you are sensitive to discussion about corpses, in general or specifically in this case. I do not want to offend or hurt anyone.:iamashamed0005:

M's car was found on the 9th. Her body was found on the 13th. I don't recall any info being released about how long her body appeared to have been out in the elements. (I realize that LE may not be releasing details like that for a reason).

At any rate, I someone posted about M's mom sitting with her daughter's body, holding her hand. No offense to anyone, but I don't think there is ANY mortician's magic that could remedy a body being out in the elements for four days.

So, IF M's body was in any condition for mom to hold her hand, it must not have been exposed to the elements for that long...

no matter the condition of the body, I think you would overlook that when you realize this will be the last time you will be doing this :(

I've wondered the same. Personally I don't think her body would be in any degree of advanced decomp, even after a few days. Insect activity and heat are the biggest contributors and we had neither then. I think temps were in the low 40's and overcast IIRC. As well, if at any time she was mostly submerged (due to water level fluctuations) this would *advertiser censored* decomp.

But all that said, the recent revelations of a possible separate crime scene make me wonder if she wasn't alive for longer than we thought.

Quote from WW:
Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said the last activities on the cell phone were two text messages. They were between Cowell and her boyfriend at about 3:40 p.m. and each was, "Hey." The texts were made when the phone was at the boat launch.

Something is not quite adding up. If the last ping on the cell was 3:40pm and the car was noticed abandoned at 7pm that means the killer went with her somewhere, committed the crime, then dumped the car all in less than 3hrs and 20min. because she probably did not leave the boat launch right at 3:40pm. It just seems like such a small time frame for a lot of things to happen, with the travel distance between them.

Just something to think about: What if MC was looking for, let's say marijuana? Someone hooked her up with CR (as an accomplice, if not CR then the killer). The killer or CR had her follow him up Pitcher canyon, had her park her car, saying the dealers are paranoid of other people knowing his connections, had her drive with him to supposedly go make the marijuana deal, then from there the killer brought her to a different location or CR brought her to the killer, then it all happened at an unknown location, later dumping the body at CB.

Have you heard something about the drug angle in all of this?

I think the keys to the vehicle are still with the murderer. He had every intention of going back and moving the car, or at least having the option of moving the car if need be. He was definitely forcing a search to begin where her car was found to buy some more time. Probably a good chance there is a house key or two on that key ring. Are they waiting to see if someone is going to use it? Was there a key to the spec home on the key ring? Was that why WC called 911 three times last night? Is she concerned that the keys are missing and who has access to her house?

Quote from WW:

in my honest opinion I dont see it happening like that... I do not think that she was killed on the same day. just a feeling thats all... and I really do not see any of this happening over a bag of marijuana. A HUGE shipment of other drugs and something went wrong well..maybe. She was just kid.

Ok, I have a dumb question. Earlier a person stated that the brodie marks had been there since the fall. Wouldn't the rain or snow over the winter months have washed the tracks away or a least made them less noticeable if that were the case?

That's what I'm sayin! This has been nagging at me since it was posted in the wee hours this morning. That..........and a few other things that were posted regarding that crime scene.

Girlfawkes...I've been on WC's facebook(?) and can't find anywhere her saying that she was going to be holding MC for the last time. Can you point me in the right direction??

I think the keys to the vehicle are still with the murderer. He had every intention of going back and moving the car, or at least having the option of moving the car if need be. He was definitely forcing a search to begin where her car was found to buy some more time. Probably a good chance there is a house key or two on that key ring. Are they waiting to see if someone is going to use it? Was there a key to the spec home on the key ring? Was that why WC called 911 three times last night? Is she concerned that the keys are missing and who has access to her house?

thats what I wondered. keys to possible spec house, and not to mention keys to her parents homes. But I would think that she would know if LE had her keys or not, and if not I would have changed the locks by now. and also I think that she was not practicing 911 calls.. sounds more like a fight to me...let me explain, ( I'm going to call the cops..- no you are not, click) she makes up an excuse under duress, oh, just practicing. ????

Girlfawkes...I've been on WC's facebook(?) and can't find anywhere her saying that she was going to be holding MC for the last time. Can you point me in the right direction??

I did not see it either.

Have you heard something about the drug angle in all of this?

I heard several times that she may have been going to buy some type of drugs at the boat launch. It was just a thought. Locking the car and leaving the purse behind, just seems odd. If the killer took her cell, gas, and debit card, why would he leave the purse. Wouldn't it be easier to just grab the whole purse instead of digging though it for particular items? I feel she grabbed her cell, debit and gas card and left with someone, locking her car to protect her items.

in my honest opinion I dont see it happening like that... I do not think that she was killed on the same day. just a feeling thats all... and I really do not see any of this happening over a bag of marijuana. A HUGE shipment of other drugs and something went wrong well..maybe. She was just kid.

Not over a bag of marijuana! That was their way of luring her to go with them.

thats what I wondered. keys to possible spec house, and not to mention keys to her parents homes. But I would think that she would know if LE had her keys or not, and if not I would have changed the locks by now. and also I think that she was not practicing 911 calls.. sounds more like a fight to me...let me explain, ( I'm going to call the cops..- no you are not, click) she makes up an excuse under duress, oh, just practicing. ????

If she is guilty and the keys are missing, she is not worried= no locks have been changed. Anyone know if there have been any locksmiths in her neck of the woods?

I was told, at 17 years old a text message, "hey...hey," is normal. During my single years, the only time that I would have sent a short message like that would be if I was with someone. If she was with someone else and her bf sent a message to her that might have made her current company very angry. If the murder was already unstable this could push them over the edge.

Oh and I did not say she was killed the same day. It was an idea on how they got her in their car and away from witnesses.

I've wondered the same. Personally I don't think her body would be in any degree of advanced decomp, even after a few days. Insect activity and heat are the biggest contributors and we had neither then. I think temps were in the low 40's and overcast IIRC. As well, if at any time she was mostly submerged (due to water level fluctuations) this would *advertiser censored* decomp.

But all that said, the recent revelations of a possible separate crime scene make me wonder if she wasn't alive for longer than we thought.

If you look through the thread to about page 7 or a little higher, you will see some posts from Del Rio claiming to know from a source that was there, that MacKenzie's body WAS NOT next to the river, but partially hidden in bushes next to a stream on the property.....a stream coming from a pond and waterfall, and that her feet were in the water of the stream. He seemed to have a lot of first hand knowledge about the property and MacKenzie's body and graphic details, plus pictures of the crime scene with tape and markers, etc. that have since been removed from the thread. I have not seen posts from him/her before late last night and he/she has posted a few times earlier today. Poster is Del Rio. He also claimed to know for a fact that the brody marks had been on the property since the fall, when he had spent a lot of time on the property. However; this is nagging me. Seems the neighbors would have noticed them before 2/12 and the elements would have had an effect on them in that time frame.

That's what I'm sayin! This has been nagging at me since it was posted in the wee hours this morning. That..........and a few other things that were posted regarding that crime scene.

I agree, AutumnRose.... Interesting activity in the "wee hours" this morning. I've been thinking about it all day. Anyone ever figure out who deleted the photos that were posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv