OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A public school had a wine tasting fundraiser? Dear God. Your tax dollars at work.

Not odd at all. Our public elementary school's top PTA fundraiser is an adult only auction complete with wine wheel and alcohol consumption. It brings in over $20,000+ each year for the school.

We don't know anything about poly's in this case because Gates gave his standard no comment or can't answer. We don't know who is being interviewed and how often. And the press is starting to sniff out stuff because they've gotten nothing in days. Not saying that's right or wrong, just what I noticed about the press yesterday.

I realize we don't know. My point is media is right there in their face (LE) and would have picked up something if she were being singled out.

After hearing what this child had to say --- IF TRUE --- I have to revise my prior post regarding the school's liability. IMO, both teachers could be held liable, the standard being what a 'reasonable and prudent' person would do in such a situation and it can certainly be argued that no matter what the school's policy was for reporting absences, they obviously knew the child was at one point present in class and had since disappeared, and they clearly failed to take appropriate action. Assuming he went to the bathroom? Maybe. Not taking notice that he never returned? Huh uh. Of course the school district would be sued right along with the teachers as respondeat superior, even though it appears no one beyond these teachers knew of their actions. Deeper pockets, of course (however it's likely the teachers have their own professional liability insurance), but also to force the district to evaluate and revise its security training and policies.

After the dads comment to search the horse farm, I was wondering if maybe K's step brother had a stalker, some teenage girl with an infatuation for boys and horses? Maybe she was seen at the school that day, dropping off a younger sibling. What a way to get back at a boy who moved away!!!!

Could someone point me to where the horse farm info came from?

TIA

some people eat when they are stressed, I cannot eat at all.
some people cave themselves away when they are stressed and some people put themselves out there to everyone and anyone.
some people exercise when they are stressed and some people sit in front of a computer.

different strokes and all that. However, there is nothing wrong with making note of behaviors because we still do not know what happened.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala.

I think the sub left - she said "alright" in response to teacher saying he probably left to go to br or get drink - and then left.

I, too, think the sub is the one who left...but I am thinking possibly that the sub just left the classroom (maybe to attend to other duties on the school campus) not necessarily that the sub left the school.

I just don't know what to think in this case. I worry for little Kyron; if he wandered off he must be scared. And if he was taken by someone he must also be scared. I just pray he's found soon and safe.

don't forget to link any information that you are posting as factual.

Could someone point me to where the horse farm info came from?

TIA

I have no links for you, but it was posted here that the woman sheriff who'd been in charge of the search scene said it in yesterday's 4pm press conference.

The town of Banks is not overly far from the school/home.

Checking in to see if there was any new info. on Kyros. Disappointed there isn't. Praying he is found soon....

I have no links for you, but it was posted here that the woman sheriff who'd been in charge of the search scene said it in yesterday's 4pm press conference.

The town of Banks is not overly far from the school/home.

Thanks, pdx!

Here's a link to the 4pm presser from yesterday:
http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/4PM-update-on-search-for-Kyron-Horman-96008879.html

Note - most of the press conferences are now in Kyron's media thread - link to his thread in my signature.

Yes, ITA,it would have been the sub who left.

I noticed that LE's "no comments" were most prevelent when they got questions about the sightings and sequence of events that morning at the school. It's strange originally, it was LE who mentioned that they had a witness who saw Kyron at around 9:00 by the door of his classroom.They declined to identify this witness. So,now they are basically saying "no comment" on their own statement ? I think that the whole genesis of the crime happened near the classroom,around 9:00. And someone saw something important.

Personally, I find that pic of the child in the VW to be haunting. It really does resemble Kyron...

What VW pic with the child?? Thank You:)

And when my father passed, my sister and I went shopping after the funeral - we knew he'd understand.

And when my mother passed away from her bout with cancer weighing about 70lbs, my siblings and I went to the best steak house in town and ate until we couldn't walk. We knew our mom would want us well fed.

some people eat when they are stressed, I cannot eat at all.
some people cave themselves away when they are stressed and some people put themselves out there to everyone and anyone.
some people exercise when they are stressed and some people sit in front of a computer.

different strokes and all that. However, there is nothing wrong with making note of behaviors because we still do not know what happened.

When I am stressed I clean, and I mean CLEAN, I have even been known to go to my friends houses to clean and my parents and sister's houses. I also cook... alot... (Like clean out the freezer, cupboards, and cook my way through half the good housekeeping cookbook....)

Everyone's way of handling stress is different... we have seen it everywhere on this site... it's just how your mind tries to provide an outlet for that stress... I can't draw a conclusion of someone's guilt or innocence due to their actions during times of stress...

BBM

I agree, we can't really know what we would do in such a situation.

Although this is no comparison at all... my dog went missing from my backyard one afternoon (we live in the country). I spent all the rest of the daylight hours walking, driving, calling out his name every 2-3 minutes. It got dark... I still sat outside calling out his name between crying and praying. I just pretty much was a wreck. I was not going to leave that area no mater what. My family and friends thought i was nuts but I just could not go inside until I found him. I thought he would eventually hear my voice and follow it home. And he did... 3am in the morning.

So I am thinking if my son or step-daughter (I have both) went missing... I know that there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever leave the place he went missing from. I would be the crazy lady with the megaphone calling her kids name out and walking around there for hours or days on end. I would not stop. Especially at night.

I know it was questioned here before about broadcasting loudly a familiar voice either by helicopter or stereo extention. Was that ever done at all? If not... wish they could have done it the day he went missing... incase he did just wonder off.

I know his name but won't post it. He's a friend of Kyron's. He seems to hang out with Kyron. There are photos of him bowling with the Harmons but they are no longer accessible. Cute kid isn't he?

I'm not completely caught up...sorry if it's already been asked.

Would this be the same little boy that also did his science fair project on the red eyed tree frog?

Reminder we are a victim friendly forum. At this point the entire family would be considered victims. Please don't play word games with me.
When we say victim friendly we mean all those that are immediately victimized but what appears to be terrible crime. This includes the family that are missing a 7 year old child for the love of God.

You are free to discuss your opinions on statements made, possible doubts you may have or questions raised by the information or lack thereof.

But if you start throwing around careless accusations against the family or sleuthing out their personal information you will be given a no expense paid vacation.

If the situation changes and if the investigation by LE points back to the family then these rules will change. We roll with the news and as more infomration is revealed and as LE gives us information we adjust.

As I have said, imagine this is your child and people are looking at YOU.

Moreover, stereotyping some of these players is postively embarrassing to the forum. KNOCK IT OFF

Thank you, JBean. The blatent insensitivity shown by some posts in this thread makes me want to leave the forum. And not that I am all that valuable, but I imagine I am not the only one who feels that way.

It is nice to know the mods are so supportive of a victim friendly forum. Thank you again.

Websleuths considers the family, friends, and loved ones of victims, to be victims as well. They are undergoing tragedy, trauma, and pain. We treat them with respect, fairness, and dignity.

I think that the confusion we are encountering here is that there is a grey area where family ends and possible motive begins. The person who did this could very well be closely connected to a family member who may or may not have realized that this person was a threat.

Do we draw the line at current close family members and friends, while treading lightly with the possibility that the perp could be say, an angry former friend, long ago rejected suitor, or former spouses extended families,(not Kyron's bio-family)?

Who doesn't have an extended family member who just might flip out someday? ...a sister or brother-in-law who lives with a druggie, or a lonely older relative who might be tricked into allowing a sociopath into their life, or an in-law with a grudge?

This crime occurred at school, on a day that they welcomed friends and family participation. IMO, if the perp was simply looking for an opportunity at the school, LE wouldn't still be calling it an isolated incident. There has to be some kind of connection with who Kyron is. An unstable person may have wiggled their way into Kyron's life, masquerading as a caring, innocent friend or significant other. It happens to good, caring, intelligent families as well as negilgent ones. I hope that we can explore these possibilities without being cruel or judgemental of Kyron's loved ones.

It took me a while to write and re-write this, so I'll go back and read to see if I've missed something important. If I need to delete anything to stay within TOS, I won't complain.

I will add that I think that LE might be limiting searches to the pros so that they can better control any situation which could arise if Kyron is located in the posession of his captor. I wouldn't be surprized if there is a SWAT team preparing for just such a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pro. Inv. 1818