OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, but an important point to spread, IMO: the incidence of fatal "child forgotten in hot car" cases has increased TEN-fold since the "child must be in the back seat" laws started becoming prevalent. An awful lot of children have died unnecessarily, as a result of this plan to protect them from airbags.

Airbag injuries are not usually fatal, much less involve decapitation, and they are a problem for small adults as well as elderly adults with fragile bones. A separate "off" switch for each air bag ought to be required, so that people can make their own decisions about the risk/benefit in any given situation. And child car seats should be designed to take the airbag impact, blocking it from reaching the child, so that parents can keep their child next to them where there's no way to forget they're in the car.

I don't know how many vehicles have switches for the passenger air bags but I know our 1/2 ton truck has one that can be used when the kids have to sit in the front.

I just got back from visiting with my brother and his fiance. His fiance has been listening to KEX in Portland and hearing updates on Kyron's case.

She said that they are stating the FBI is considering making more information in Kyron's case public very soon. It is because of the time that has elapsed since he went missing.

She also stated that the "talking heads" on the radio are saying they believe someone who Kyron knew came to the school and took him after SM left. They think this way because no one heard a commotion when Kyron disappeared.

I haven't looked to see if this station can be heard over the internet yet, but if it can, we might want to listen. She said they discuss the case often.

http://www.1190kex.com/main.html

MADE A MISTAKE!!!!!

I had the wrong radio station! That's what I get for not writing it down! Just talked to brother's fiance and she clarified it! The correct station is in the edited quote above now!!!!!

Thanks Freefallzzz for double-checking that for me!

Might already be posted here, but I saw a local station's footage that showed all the searchers who came in to be staying at an unused local correctional center. Intel was supplying food.

A few threads ago someone posted a link to a blog that was in Kyron's own teacher's name. I just went back to revisit that site (googled the name, location) --- which could be real or totally bogus --- and at the top of the blog it says "Terri Horman Arrested" --- and then it's never addressed in the body of the web page. You know how to find it. What the heck is THAT about?

Weird, I would not click on anything in there - could be a virus. Are you saying this blog is in Kyron's teacher's name? What is her name again?

This may have been said but why they are searching the 2 mile radius like it was mentioned by a smart poster that the cell phone pings are found in that range. I believe the suspected person who took Kyron if that be the case or Kyron himself had a cellphone. They are searching all ping areas, spending lots of time in repeat locations or long pause times.

I am not an expert so I wanted to mention something I was thinking about so the information is in common terms made by a common person (namely me) see below.

Also of intrest is some kind of location profiling, they take locations of instances and put pins on a map, string the outside circumference around the outside and the perp. is to have been said to live almost always in the center of such circle (give or take a few miles). I will look for a link with more information. Cell phone pings being seen as such instances the same theory may apply?

Thank you for your map Puf by the way!

I think that is Geographic Profiling which was developed by the FBI I believe.

I was thinking a sub as hey, let's face it, the economy sux, and what better way to have warm bodies in the school than to hire subs, per diem even, at a lower rate of pay. Just a guess...

I just had an thought :idea:, that if/when the family finds they must speak, they might choose to do so through a close family or friend spokesperson.

If they speak themselves, they might choose to do so on a national morning show or larry king or some such program where their counsel can control message, have enough time to get message across, and be guaranteed respectful treatment.

Regardless, if time comes when they feel they must speak for their son Kyron, and to the public I'm thinking they'll have an attorney or a handler with them.

The cynic in me is sure the networks are waiting in the wings for Kyron's parents to decide when the time is right.

MADE A MISTAKE!!!!!

I had the wrong radio station! That's what I get for not writing it down! Just talked to brother's fiance and she clarified it! The correct station is in the edited quote above now!!!!!

Thanks Freefallzzz for double-checking that for me!

How DARE you not remember which of the 1536 radio stations you heard it on in Portland ! :D :dance:

Weird, I would not click on anything in there - could be a virus. Are you saying this blog is in Kyron's teacher's name? What is her name again?
It was from the web page of Skyline Elementary. Staff members have individual pages.

I see nothing on there about TH arrested. Could you direct me to it please?

I saw it BeanE , Just a caption at the top of the page, someone being a wisenhiemer I suppose

I doubt very much the guy in custody is involved here; does not make sense to me. I almost think he was trying to grab the backpack anyway, but that's just me...

And I do not think if LE thinks a POI has Kyron, they would be on hands and knees the way they are in the same areas they searched tentatively earlier in the week. Again JMO.

AND I don't see that at this point, with a child's life at stake, that they would dance around on the air, trying not to make their suspect know they have suspicions. They can do that in murder cases, take their time, but not with potentially living child with location unknown.

Sadly, if they have a POI, I think they are searching for Kyron's body. It makes no sense to me to be there, searching the way they are, if they think he is being held elsewhere...

I have never been in a situation where there was a "door to door search" so forgive me for my naiviete (however you spell that word).

Do they go to the door and merely ask if the residents have seen anything suspicious? Or do they physically go through each house - check basements, attics, storage buildings, etc.

Again I apologize for my stupidity on this (at least I can spell that one.)

In the pics we saw they were going through a barn or attic and entering the front door.

A few threads ago someone posted a link to a blog that was in Kyron's own teacher's name. I just went back to revisit that site (googled the name, location) --- which could be real or totally bogus --- and at the top of the blog it says "Terri Horman Arrested" --- and then it's never addressed in the body of the web page. You know how to find it. What the heck is THAT about?

I'm thinking that heading may be a typo, because the body of the post contains the information "Tammi Smith arrested" (in connection with the baby Gabriel Johnson case). Looks like the blogger is following a lot of different cases and may have just made a mistake.

Or, less innocently, the "mistake" may have been deliberate, as an attempt to draw traffic to the blog.

Thanks for the tip about a virus! Those sites i linked are looking more like some odd kind of search engine results... or...? well, luring people in for a virus.

That Lifedork thing is weird... it DOES say blah blah was arrested but I don't understand what's going on there...

Thanks for the tip about a virus! Those sites i linked are looking more like some odd kind of search engine results... or...? well, luring people in for a virus.

Okay, then please don't say something is someone's blog with something sensational on it, unless you are sure it's their blog, and you provide the link to it.

Thanks,
BeanE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members