Melissa Huckaby pleads guilty to killing Sandra

Two things bother me...one that she had the audacity to tell Sandra's family that Sandra didn't suffer? According to the prosecutor, Sandra died of "homicidal asphyxiation" and she is trying to tell everyone that Sandra didn't suffer? Puleeze. Saying anything other than that would probably get me a TO.

The other thing I find puzzling is that in the news article quoted above, it mentions that just 8 minutes after Sandra is last seen on the tape, Melissa gets in her vehicle and drives off. Eight minutes does not seem like the amount of time I had envisioned in my head for this crime to take place. Did she drug her immediately? Did she take her out of the house alive, in the suitcase and kill her at the church?

Two things bother me...one that she had the audacity to tell Sandra's family that Sandra didn't suffer? According to the prosecutor, Sandra died of "homicidal asphyxiation" and she is trying to tell everyone that Sandra didn't suffer? Puleeze. Saying anything other than that would probably get me a TO.

The other thing I find puzzling is that in the news article quoted above, it mentions that just 8 minutes after Sandra is last seen on the tape, Melissa gets in her vehicle and drives off. Eight minutes does not seem like the amount of time I had envisioned in my head for this crime to take place. Did she drug her immediately? Did she take her out of the house alive, in the suitcase and kill her at the church?

She drove from the mobile home park to the church, where the crime suposedly took place. The article doesn't mention how much time was spent at the church. Just that she left for half an hour when she went to the pond, returning back at the church.

ETA: I think I see what you are getting at. What happened so quick to be able to restrain, etc and get her in the car to drive to the church? IDK.

(snip)
Testa said a surveillance tape from the mobile home park showed Cantu skipping toward her home on March 27 when something caught her eye. Testa said Cantu "looks over in the direction of Melissa Huckaby's residence. Then she drops off the face of the earth."
The videotape then shows Huckaby, eight minutes later, driving out of the mobile home park in the direction of her grandfather's church, Clover Road Baptist Church.
Testa said about the time Huckaby was leaving, she phoned the trailer park manager to report her black suitcase stolen in front of her trailer.
The prosecutor said another surveillance tape showed Huckaby driving away from the church and then returning to the church 30 minutes later. Testa said during that 30-minute window, a retired marine and his wife saw Huckaby and her SUV at an irrigation pond at Bacchetti and Whitehall roads in Tracy.
When she was questioned by police, Huckaby said she stopped at the pond in order to urinate.

Wow, I just saw some of the footage from inside the courtroom today. Melissa has gained a humongus amount of weight. She is barely recognizable.

Photo.

Attachments

• Monster.jpg
    Monster.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 110
SuziQ- That's exactly what I meant...what was she able to do in those quick eight minutes to subdue Sandra in order for her to leave with her?

HLN now showing snippets of dads statement....heartbreaking

Wow, I just saw some of the footage from inside the courtroom today. Melissa has gained a humongus amount of weight. She is barely recognizable.

I was shocked at her weight too. Looks like life in prison won't be so bad for her. Apparently the food is good.

SuziQ- That's exactly what I meant...what was she able to do in those quick eight minutes to subdue Sandra in order for her to leave with her?

Good question. Tricked her into getting into the suitcase maybe.

http://www.tracypress.com/view/full...a-Cantu-s-death?instance=home_news_lead_story

Following today’s sentencing of Melissa Huckaby to life in prison without parole for the murder of Sandra Cantu, the prosecutor in the case released a timeline and details about Sandra’s kidnapping and death.

San Joaquin County pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu reported that Sandra died between 4 and 6 p.m. the day she first went missing by “homicidal asphyxiation,” and was found with a cut on her lower inner lip, an abrasion on her left elbow and injuries to her genitals, according to a release issued by prosecutor Thomas Testa. Omalu also noted that Sandra was found with a torn cloth that had been “knotted into a ‘noose.’”

Read more: Tracy Press - Breaking News Details emerge in Sandra Cantu s death

That hearing was heartbreaking. My deepest sympathies to Sandra's family.
I think Huckaby might have been trying to make the family feel better by saying she didn't suffer. What a horrible . I hope the rest of her life is amazlingly miserable.

RIP Sandra.

I am hoping that for the family's sake that they don't release much information. I don't think it will help anything to have it all public. I am sure the family knows and it will ony hurt them to have it public and everyone commenting on it.
jmo

I dont think she necessarily drugged her to get her into the vehicle. She could have told her something that got her to go willingly to the church, where it sounds like she WAS assaulted and killed, then 30 minutes later dumped at the pond. Very strange case indeed.

http://www.tracypress.com/view/full...a-Cantu-s-death?instance=home_news_lead_story

Following today’s sentencing of Melissa Huckaby to life in prison without parole for the murder of Sandra Cantu, the prosecutor in the case released a timeline and details about Sandra’s kidnapping and death.

San Joaquin County pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu reported that Sandra died between 4 and 6 p.m. the day she first went missing by “homicidal asphyxiation,” and was found with a cut on her lower inner lip, an abrasion on her left elbow and injuries to her genitals, according to a release issued by prosecutor Thomas Testa. Omalu also noted that Sandra was found with a torn cloth that had been “knotted into a ‘noose.’”

Read more: Tracy Press - Breaking News Details emerge in Sandra Cantu s death
Why would this vile evil thing say in her "apology" that she did not sexually molest her when the reports we all saw said she was?

It was heartbreaking to watch Sandra's dad speaking.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but this article states that Sandra was also beaten with a rolling pin:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_15293571?nclick_check=1

STOCKTON — A newly released court document shows that Melissa Huckaby drugged her 8-year-old neighbor, Sandra Cantu, and beat her with a rolling pin before stuffing her body into a suitcase and throwing it into a Tracy irrigation pond last year.

This is one of the saddest stories, I've ever heard. That little girl, literally, skipped to her death. horrible. I don't know what's wrong with Melissa Huckaby, but whatever it is, it can't be fixed, & I hope she is in agony, for the rest of her miserable, (& hopefully, very short), life.

I was shocked at her weight too. Looks like life in prison won't be so bad for her. Apparently the food is good.

The food may be part of it, but I have a feeling she is on several psych meds all which have the lovely side effect of enormous weight gain! I had to do a double take when I saw her name on HLN and they were showing a snippet of her speaking, she looks at least 50 -70 lbs heavier! Not that she needs to be svelte for where she will spend the rest of her days!

I'm coming in late here and didn't read the whole thread but I want to comment on these two posts. Sorry if somebody already made this point.

I'm so glad Sandra's family was spared the agony of a trial but I so wish Huckaby would have received the death penalty. I can only hope that prison will not be kind to her.

I've always wondered if there were other people involved. I'm happy that Sandra's family will not have to go through the additional heartache of a trial, but there's still a nagging question in my mind how Huckaby could have done such a thing all on her lonesome. The motive is still a bit of a mystery to me.

I've felt others were involved too but she's protecting them. If she were given the death penalty we'd never know. There is a chance she will come totally clean in prison after her conscience gets to her. JMO

The food may be part of it, but I have a feeling she is on several psych meds all which have the lovely side effect of enormous weight gain! I had to do a double take when I saw her name on HLN and they were showing a snippet of her speaking, she looks at least 50 -70 lbs heavier! Not that she needs to be svelte for where she will spend the rest of her days!
I was thinking medications as a possible reason as well. I just don't know enough about the kinds of medications she might be taking, and haven't taken the time to check out side effects of psychotropic type drugs that I think she might be on.
In my opinion, this woman is really ill. I don't think she is insane, just really really ill.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=83591&catid=29

Judge unseals some documents in Cantu murder investigation; Huckaby gets life sentence

TRACY, CA - After Melissa Huckaby was sentenced to life without parole for killing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu Monday morning, a judge agreed to release more information on Cantu's murder investigation by unsealing the grand jury transcription, some exhibits and search warrants.

The documents are expected to be released to the public on Tuesday.

However, San Joaquin County Judge Linda Loftus decided to keep the autopsy pictures sealed as well as other grand jury exhibit items.

Earlier, Loftus lifted a gag order on the lawyers and other participants in the case, allowing them to speak to the media.

more...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back