If Terri truly had no part in Kyron's disappearance...

If Terri were innocent, she would be very vocal about proving it. She would be able to re-trace her "steps" during those four hours on June 4th.

She probably would have been driving her own car rather than a common white truck.

She most-likely would have brought her daughter to the school, to show her off -when people would surely have taken notice of a red-haired woman pushing a stroller with a darling red-haired toddler in it.

She would have made a doctor's appointment for Kyron after summer vacation, which was not far off.

BBM-

First, I never take my toddler to school events if I have a choice. He is a wild animal, hates being in the stroller and our school discourages bringing siblings to class parties and other activities because they can be disruptive.

Second- I don't know if it has been confirmed that Kyron was being treated for ADD/ADHD, but if kids are medicated with stimulants like Ritalin, the kids are followed very closely in the first few months with frequent appointments and if you do not take the child in to be checked for problems, you can't get refills. So, it is entirely possible that an appt could not be postponed until summer break. This is just one possibility, I am sure there are dozens of medical reasons why an appointment was needed sooner rather than later.

Just playing devils advocate here- :angel:

Another thing for me is the paperwork. All the reports I've read seem to agree that Terri gave the teacher paperwork to fill out. There has been a lot of speculation about what kind of doctor's appointment would necessitate this kind of paperwork, as most of the time you simply take your child to the doctor. If it's part of the plan, it seems needlessly elaborate. If the doctor's appointment was about confusing the teacher, she could've simply said she was taking him to the doctor, no paperwork necessary. That she had paperwork intimates to me that there was a doctor's appointment, and she probably either had to print off the paperwork or pick it up from the doctor's office.

Honestly, if there was no doctor's appointment, I believe we'd know it by now.Kaine knowing or not knowing about the doctor's appointment doesn't sway me either way. He doesn't seem very in tune with what was going on in the house, and not just in the way of allegations, either. He was somewhat blase and ignorant of if Terri was still taking medication for her PPD or even if she was/is still suffering from PPD. He didn't know about the talent show, etc.

My thoughts, too, Cypress, but nothing has been denied or verified by LE about this particular point. A dr's appt. would be easy to check if there was one made. It would be more circumstantial evidence against TH to find there was never an appointment made and TH was only saying (stating to witnesses to secure an alibi) an appointment had been made. If there was an appointment, it would be in her favor. MOO.

The dr's appt seems unclear in various articles. Did she say it was that day? Did she say it was the next week or the next day? I'm not sure what the truth is about the dr's appt.

i dont think so. This case is similar to Haleigh Cummings in the beginning. All the questions pointed towards the mother figure, who was the last one seen with the child. Its still unknow what happen to her and it seems if Terri doesnt know anything, and kyron is found alive withthe lack of evidence(DNA) on him, we may never find out. Still hoping hes found alive!

I'm losing hope day by day. I wonder if Kyron will ever be found, either way.

Don't they usually say it in the missing person announcements if the person is on medication?

On topic: if Terri had no part in this the perp was either aware that there was a suitably unstable potential suspect in the family or got extremely lucky because she started sawing the branch from under herself for some unclear reason and her family aided greatly. LE have not been able to clear her and move on and it might cause some investigative tunnel vision.

I don't know if I'm very optimistic in having the case closed either way, unless they find Kyron. It is difficult to prove murder without a body and people do get away with acting extremely suspiciously for ages without getting charged (for murder anyway). Look at Casey partying so hard that she forgot to mention that her child was missing for a month. Look at Josh Powell, going camping in the middle of the night with children in tow... If it's not murder but some other crime it widens the field further because people who might not have a motive, means or opportunity to murder Kyron might have a motive and opportunity to abduct him or have him abducted. Say, have they completely ruled out everybody, like a hitherto not-interviewed grandparent or a godparent, who knew or believed that he was being treated badly and might have decided to save him. It is being said that he cried and said he was unhappy now. (Not saying I believe this because I don't know of anybody close to him who'd have gone into hiding but it's a possibility as long as there is no body and if he wouldn't have gone with strangers)

If it's a perp connected to the family, school or Kyron they might trace him through the contact and observe him acting hinky, or if he uses the same MO elsewhere and gets caught or can be positively connected to physical evidence, if any.

I could easily see Terri hooking up with some unsavory character online or IRL and taking Kyron in harm's way indirectly but IMO in such a scenario the perp would know the family's circumstances and could have snatched him a lot easier at his remote, secluded home. I'm sure that however attentive the parents were, with a toddler there may be times when their attention is not completely on the seven year old and it would be less likely to have been seen than in a crowded school on a busy day.

wellness check up at my pediatric are month in. I will be calling soon for my kids, and I am hoping to get in for August but I doubt it. When TH made the appoinment this might of been the only thing open, maybe the first few weeks with no school were booked.

I was thinking about Terri last night. I was thinking of everything she is doing, and how its so easy to think she is guilty, but then I think what if she was doing the complete opposite, showing her face and talking, she would still look guilty. This case is dragging on and on. Something new comes out everyday but nothing to do with where kyron is. I would actually really like to hear from terri. I wonder if her lawyer will put something together.

If Terri were innocent, she would be very vocal about proving it. She would be able to re-trace her "steps" during those four hours on June 4th.
[snipped to save space]

I don't believe that Terri is innocent, nor do I believe that she will develop any sort of conscience and "confess". I think she secretly relishes the pain and the fears she sees on the faces of others who loved Kyron and would never ever harm him. She may have decided on a new role for her warrior character.

I agree with you. It is normal for factually innocent people to proclaim their innocence. They do not remain silent and let accusations pile up. That is not human nature. TH had plenty of time to do this before she hired an attorney, and he cannot stop her from doing that anyway.

I would be shocked if she confesses. As long as Kyron has not been located, she is free as a bird. Finding him is like looking for a needle in a haystack. At this point, I think it will be a matter of luck unless someone comes forward with information which helps LE locate Kyron.

If he is found, along with evidence that TH was involved in his disappearance, she will spend the rest of her life in prison. If he is found alive, her prison sentence will (hopefully) be so long that she is elderly when she is released.

TH's freedom is a whole lot more important to her than anything else. Her biggest fear is probably that he will be found, and that even if she was very careful to make sure no evidence implicated her, one of her red hairs will be found with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the things that is holding LE back is the spectre of arresting TMH, then her attorney refuses to waive her right to a speedy trial. That would mean prosecutors would be forced to be ready to go within a maximum of 60 days.

There are so many exceptions to the right to a speedy trial, during which the clock is stopped, that it usually isn't meaningful.

I think LE hasn't arrested TH because it will be much easier for the government to prove its case after Kyron has been found. They get one bite at the apple. If TH is guilty, she will be much easier to convict if the evidence is strong, and it is physical as well as circumstantial.

I took a Criminal law course once and the teacher told us that usually the cops know what happened pretty quickly (whoops I think I posted this already) but they have to put together a case. A key element in such a case is statements from TH herself. If she's clammed up then it's much harder. And all the commentary by the other family members is creating a trial in the media which can actually help her in a defense case.

One thing this teacher also told us is how to get away with murder. He said you should simply drive across the state boarder and dispose of the body there. I doubt that would work in a missing child case but back then this is what people could do since they didn't have a national missing persons database. I assume now they would.

But this case truly is a needle in a haystack. If anyone snatched him they could simply take him deep into a forrest and bury his body and we'd never find him. poor guy. I keep hoping that DY knows something we dont' and whoever has him just does the right thing and drops him off.

Even worse scenario. What if the other family members have him stashed and are showing him all of this media against TH, and telling him she is the bad one, she did this too you. Kyron then believes this as truth for the rest of his life! There would only be Kyron's word for evidence. TH did this to me.

Obviously, as I stated in the media interview thread any perp could be doing this to him. It is a pedophiles dream come true. Pedo can keep the boy alive and tell him no one loves him, only the pedophile does. Only the pedophile can take care of him. And so on.

All just speculation here, since we have no evidence of anything yet.

For those who do not believe it is possible for a family member to have taken him and "stashed" him somewhere....please see the thread for Amber Rose Nicklaus who was just found after SEVEN years. She was taken by juvenile age family members from her foster home, and ended up in another state with someone not related to the family.

For those who do not believe it is possible for a family member to have taken him and "stashed" him somewhere....please see the thread for Amber Rose Nicklaus who was just found after SEVEN years. She was taken by juvenile age family members from her foster home, and ended up in another state with someone not related to the family.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but sadly, the entire country (basically) was not aware of Amber Rose. At least, this is the first I have heard of her, and I follow these types of cases. So it seems less likely with Kyron, if only because of the frenzy that has ensued.

I would love to have something like this come true for Kyron. Are there any relatives unaccounted for?

The girl was kidnapped from a foster home so the biological relatives probably had some kind of issues that would make it difficult for them to get the custody in court. It would be more likely to be someone who didn't have the means to hire an attorney to sue for custody or not be likely to win the custody in family court, IMO.

Kyron is old enough to know who he is and his face is more recognizable being older. One year olds change fast.

Please Kyron, if you've being taken care of someone, approach an adult or call 911 and tell who you are.

That will depend on whether/when they find Kyron, and what evidence finding him brings to light. Finding Kyron is the key.

Indeed.

There was a case in the news today that really brought it home to me that amazing things can happen:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iLOMPj5wMhZI7dA3ySb9j5LHfiqwD9GV9EDO0

In this case, an infant was abducted from her foster family in California. Seven years later, she was discovered in Phoenix. There are no real details about how she was discovered. They did, apparently, know from the beginning that her three aunts abducted her (they were all juveniles at the time) but the family she was found with are described as not being related.

So, who knows? Kyron may yet be discovered alive.

I realise that it is possible to convict for murder without a body but it's very, very difficult (as it should be).

I agree but even if the school normally would not have called if he were absent the teacher herself may have been concerned after first seeing him there earlier and then him not being there. She might have called or dropped an email if she did not know the reason he might have left.

I'm curious--does anyone have the link to the Skyline Schools handbook?

It suddenly occurred to me that what the school usually did may have varied from their official stated policy.

Sorry is someone has posted this already; I'm trying to catch up.

To me, the bottom line is this: if LE has any doubt in their minds that this was an "inside job," it was extremely foolish to tell parents that their kids were safe.

Imagine the unbelievable nerve it would take for someone to snatch a kid from a school? There are people walking around, teachers, administrators. And on this, of all days, other parents and kids. On the one hand, the child could get lost int he crowd; on the other hand, it would be highly likely that a perp would be seen and caught. Most SOs want as little trouble as possible when kidnapping a child. This is hardly the venue for a simple, quiet snatch.

I believe, if LE didn't have a good idea who did this from the start, parents would have been warned and, honestly, police would have been posted at Skyline and schools in the surrounding area.

Sorry is someone has posted this already; I'm trying to catch up.

To me, the bottom line is this: if LE has any doubt in their minds that this was an "inside job," it was extremely foolish to tell parents that their kids were safe.

Imagine the unbelievable nerve it would take for someone to snatch a kid from a school? There are people walking around, teachers, administrators. And on this, of all days, other parents and kids. On the one hand, the child could get lost int he crowd; on the other hand, it would be highly likely that a perp would be seen and caught. Most SOs want as little trouble as possible when kidnapping a child. This is hardly the venue for a simple, quiet snatch.

I believe, if LE didn't have a good idea who did this from the start, parents would have been warned and, honestly, police would have been posted at Skyline and schools in the surrounding area.

Which makes it even more puzzling since everyone assumes the perp to be Terri, and she now has an RO against her based not only in allegations she was the one who disappeared Kyron, but that she also attempted to hire someone to kill her husband. I'd say it was quite an amazing lack of concern for the population in general that if these two things are true, she's allowed the freedom to be out amongst them. Who can predict what or how she'll react? That she's not arrested or in some way detained from going anywhere is what keeps me thinking there is more to this than meets the allegation.

I'm curious--does anyone have the link to the Skyline Schools handbook?

It suddenly occurred to me that what the school usually did may have varied from their official stated policy.

I posted it in the reference forum.

I don't think Terri is a threat to the general population; at least I doubt LE thinks she is. But if they are starting back at the beginning...that could mean that they were hasty in saying that it was an isolated incident and that the community should not be overly concerned (whatever their wording was.)

Based on what we know, I'm not convinced the revisiting and re-interviewing is for the purpose of solidifying a timeline to prove Terri's guilt. Especially considering Roger's statement that they (LE? FBI?) are looking for a specific family, well, it seems to me that they are looking away from Terri.

Maybe they're looking for the "accomplice," but I really find her having an accomplice so unlikely. I agree strongly with what Calliope said in another thread, that Terri may have had questionable associations, and she doesn't know what she knows. I also believe strongly that Terri may have lied early on, and that may be coloring everyone's perception of her "truth."

Whatever they're doing and whatever path they're on for whatever reason, I hope it leads to Kyron.

will the real perp ever be caught?

I know that according to the new poll, most people think she is guilty or involved, but if she is not...will LE ever catch up with the real offender, with so much effort being expended on what Terri did that day, etc...? Is Terri being guilty the best chance to have a resolution in this case?

If she is innocent, truly innocent, and not involved with an accomplice; then I would say only if the perp talks or some other pure stroke of luck breaks this case.

There is so much not known and so much speculation that clouds the case, but it seems to me that the "going back to skyline" is still trying to find that link to TH. They seem to have plenty of folks looking at the TH angle. Maybe they need to put a couple of folks on a non TH angle who can be objective and look at interviews, tips and video footage from a different perspective.

Makes me think they either don't have anything to go on or they are refusing to look at what they do have objectively.

Sure would like to see the tips that have come in that do not involve TH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage
Back