Back to the Beginning: Where Might Kyron Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I posted it on the wrong thread but I think that Portland should have a Kyron Horman search day, where everyone in a specified area (by LE) searches their properties and public land nearby, all on the same day, rather than or in addition to vigils, so that something tangible may come of it.

I think he is somewhere within a 10-12 mile radius of the school, far too much land for LE or any search organization to search on their own.

Wow..What a great idea...

I think I posted it on the wrong thread but I think that Portland should have a Kyron Horman search day, where everyone in a specified area (by LE) searches their properties and public land nearby, all on the same day, rather than or in addition to vigils, so that something tangible may come of it.

I think he is somewhere within a 10-12 mile radius of the school, far too much land for LE or any search organization to search on their own.

Do you know if they have allowed volunteers to search yet ?
I really wish they would have allowed them early in the case, and just directed them what to do in case they found anything.
Just seems to me, so much more area may have been searched then.

Well, they have told people to serach their own properties and to keep their eyes open...so it would be the same thing, only all on one day and a reminder to all of those who never did it before...

bbm/red

That is technically not true.

I have been on both ends of the spectrum. Living in the US and coming into Canada and residing in Canada and coming back into Canada.

I can tell you from my experience from living in the States and coming through borders into Canada on a regular basis. I also drove truck and was doing cross border deliveries. No matter which way I went a passport/greencard was needed. Usually both for me.

I just crossed the border back into Canada 2 weeks ago and I can assure you, I had to show my passport. A US citizen definitely needs one or will not be allowed into Canada because a passport is a requirement to enter the States, that is what they mean about the US border law. The two countries work together while maintaining their own borders. Canada is not going to allow someone in that cannot return to their own country. The bottom line is anyone entering here needs a passport, or the equivalent.

Basically this is about Kyron and I am certain if someone tried to get him here through a regular point of entry, without his passport it wouldn't happen.

I understand the border law. In your situation, it was a given that you were going to be going back and forth between the countries since you lived in one and worked in another. So, as the law says, they would not let you into one country without your passport knowing that you needed to get back into the other. Also, since some of this travel was for work I'm assuming you also had to show additional documentation, such as a work permit?

Regardless, my point is that someone who may (and I stress *may*) have taken Kyron into Canada would likely not have been caring one bit about going back into the US again. If the person expressed that to the border patrol agent and they happened to get an agent who was a little more lax, it is possible that they could get through without showing their own or the child's documentation. But, that is of course assuming that they didn't have a passport or that they may not have used another child's passport. Based on the timeline, a person could have crossed the border before even the local police had been notified let alone the FBI who I suppose would be the ones to alert the border.

eta: This was entirely speculation on my part, based partially on my experience with loopholes in the border patrol and partially on the circumstances/timeline that if occuring a certain way could have allowed it to happen. IMO

I'll venture to say it could very well be up to a 30 mile radius taking into consideration there is about an hour and a half time frame where she claims she was driving around on rural roads.. JMO

My sister in Houston has been following the story somewhat, as she is a school administrator. But she asks me for updates as other than HLN, which can be innacurate, there is not much regular coverage.

As far as Kyron's whereabouts, I would stick to where cell phone pings happened, until and unless Terri can be ruled out. I think he is someplace where she would have placed him on her own, I don't think she had any help. But I still think it would be harder to use water, where people are always around out there in Oregon, than woods.

Even for a strong woman, 50 pounds is a lot of weight. I can barely move a 15-pound bag of kitty litter, I have to drag it. He may not be deep into any woods, if in woods, but perhaps under leaves and brush.

And if Terri is not involved...well, he could be anywhere at all if the perp raced up or down the interstate before stopping off.

Sorry Oriah, I know you wanted no discussion and we have run amuck, but I do have to add something to this.

If LE, prosecutor and family agreed to no prosecution, no civil or criminal charges, I think this would work. People are scared, remember Roy Kronk found Caylee, they are also scared they may get a friend or family member in trouble, or they would have a years worth of dealing with being a witness, talking with lawyers, prosecutors, LE, going to Court, going to offices, and so on. If the family, LE and prosecutor would agree to absolutely no charges if Kyron was brought home, I think people would come forward, would search, help in anyway. That has not been offered yet, and I understand the family is probably not ready to do so. Give any volunteer searches absolute immunity. All they have to do is go back the the police station, give their statement of what they saw, found, and whatever details. Let the transcript/video do the talking if it comes to a trial, no Court appearances.

I do think they need to search a lot of area, and BeanE's suggestion is the first place to start.

Oriah,

If you feel you can compile a list of places outside of the immediate area, may I suggest finding a way to email the free flyer and which ever sites have Kyron listed as missing? Interpol would be good. Also Canada. LE in the areas would be a start. I just don't know how else to assist.

Hi 21merc7- Oriah's out on a job, but this is an excellent suggestion and I'll get started on it. Thanks.

The dumpster idea interests me as well-if it is a dumpster, it would have to be one that the perp had a reasonable expectation would be emptied before it was searched. Unless the school dumpster is emptied on Fridays, I would say no because since the search was going to originate at the school, there was a good chance that any evidence in the dumpster related to Kyron would be discovered. JMO.

As for dumpsters at grocery stores, etc...the placement of the dumpster would have to ensure that who ever was dumping into it could not be easily seen or recognized AND would have to have been emptied I would think at least by the weekend or Monday to be considered safe...how big was Kyron's backpack? Could he have fit into it? :(. Or a gym bag? I want to ask Kaine if TH's customary gym bag was still around....because if he could have been placed in a gym bag or his backpack, I would definitely be looking at whether or not there was trash service on that Friday in any of those areas listed by the sheriff's office...the areas that they are looking for surveillance video.

JMO.

I don't know where to post this, but I have seen two pictures of Kyron in front of his project, one has his glasses on and the other doesn't. I think it was either Nancy Grace or Jane Velez Mitchell last night that the one appeared without the glasses. Did anyone else notice that??? I'm a little confused. I posted this here because it was from the beginning of this case.

I believe LE showed what he would look like without glasses by removing them from a photo to display next to one with them on.

I believe LE showed what he would look like without glasses by removing them from a photo to display next to one with them on.

Right. They did a photoshop of that photo so people could see what he looked like without glasses and they did one with blond hair.

MOO, they had the questionaires for people and children to fill out "if they saw Kyron, the truck or THM". Why not just ask each child and school employee to write or dictate to a parent where they were on June 4 from 8 to 10. Did they go to school that day? How did they get to school? What entrance was used? Were any visitors with them that day? Were any pictures taken at school that day? Where were they at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30 aproximately. LE would have a complete list of who was in school during that time and all the visitors names. They could look at the pictures and use the information to identify everyone that was there. If a face was inadvertently taken by a parent and no one claims to know that face, then you have a "stranger". If there is an accomplice, by focusing on TMH and Kyron, they are missing information about any one else that was there at that time. I know they talked to everyone the weekend after the immediate disapperance, but kids that are upset and uneasy might not remember. If later they only talked to the kids that answered the questionaire because they had seen Kyron or TMH or the truck. There are still a lot of kids at that school, that haven't had a second discussion.

Oriah,

If you feel you can compile a list of places outside of the immediate area, may I suggest finding a way to email the free flyer and which ever sites have Kyron listed as missing? Interpol would be good. Also Canada. LE in the areas would be a start. I just don't know how else to assist.

Thanks 21merc7, this was a good idea and JTSYS took care of some of it... Getting on this as soon as I catch up on some sleep- 60 hrs on my feet and a very unpleasant case.... I am pooped. :crosseyed:

Hoping and praying Kyron is found this week.

School dumpster if the creepy dude that the older children sighted (early on facebook entries) was the perp. (Or woods.)
What is the source of this creep near the dumpster? I cannot find it anywhere else. Was it erased from FB?

What is the source of this creep near the dumpster? I cannot find it anywhere else. Was it erased from FB?

Hi Skylineneighbor,
This was discussed very early on in the Kyron Horman forum. I don't have a link, and I do not know about the posts being deleted on FB.

What happened was that a group of kids from Skyline were posting to each other on FB after Kyron vanished. They mentioned seeing a man they described as "creepy " in the school on the day Kyron went missing. They also mentioned how "open " the school was,that anyone could walk in.... And that's it. Some posters wrote that kids use the word "creepy" to mean a lot of things. I believe they saw someone who made them uneasy. They may not have a sophisticated level of language,especially when communicating with each other.Hence the descriptuion of "creepy ".....

Hi Skylineneighbor,
This was discussed very early on in the Kyron Horman forum. I don't have a link, and I do not know about the posts being deleted on FB.

What happened was that a group of kids from Skyline were posting to each other on FB after Kyron vanished. They mentioned seeing a man they described as "creepy " in the school on the day Kyron went missing. They also mentioned how "open " the school was,that anyone could walk in.... And that's it. Some posters wrote that kids use the word "creepy" to mean a lot of things. I believe they saw someone who made them uneasy. They may not have a sophisticated level of language,especially when communicating with each other.Hence the descriptuion of "creepy ".....

I hope this helps...it seems like that post was done on page 14 here...the very 1st. thread for this case. I believe it was noted within the first 10 pages. The only thing I don't remember was the "Dumpster" part....it caught my eye, as my question as to how long the marquee had been up at the school advertising to the public the SF and TS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21