GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is we know very little. I think we can all agree that much of the information provided by "insiders" early on in these threads can be dismissed as rumour (to put it kindly...).

We know this person has been described by friends and peers as unlikely to have comitted this crime. His social networking sites showed nothing alarming and provided very little insight to these events.

We know the family members were all found in different locations throughout the house and had suffered multiple stab wounds and defence marks. The scene was described as complex.

There was blood at the front of the house, most reports state they were from footprints (not drips), but it has recently been raised here again that they may be drops.

We do not know what the murder weapon is, but it is assumed it was a knife.

It was not initially apparent that this was a triple murder, a Senior Detective said that it could not be confirmed until late on the second day as they needed the pathologist to confirm it.

Police also said that the sighting of a white ute (2 occupants, one got out) was helpful in apprehending the suspect.

We know the accused has offered an alibi. We do not know the details of this and they may or may not be released on Wednesday. This alibi was not raised until hours before the hearing. The accused did not apply for bail.

We know the washing and family car belonging to the house over the back was searched based on something posted on Facebook.

We know the mother and a male voice were heard yelling on the night of the murders.

I know there is more...but this is off the top of my head...

Brilliant...thank you, we were hoping it was blood!

The report only says that they have failed to match "blood drops found at the scene".

It does not say that the blood drops were what was matched for DNA with the accused.

The report only says that they have failed to match "blood drops found at the scene".

It does not say that the blood drops were what was matched for DNA with the accused.

So do you think the blood drops found at the scene do not match the accused?

The fact is we know very little. I think we can all agree that much of the information provided by "insiders" early on in these threads can be dismissed as rumour (to put it kindly...).

We know this person has been described by friends and peers as unlikely to have comitted this crime. His social networking sites showed nothing alarming and provided very little insight to these events.

We know the family members were all found in different locations throughout the house and had suffered multiple stab wounds and defence marks. The scene was described as complex.

There was blood at the front of the house, most reports state they were from footprints (not drips), but it has recently been raised here again that they may be drops.

We do not know what the murder weapon is, but it is assumed it was a knife.

It was not initially apparent that this was a triple murder, a Senior Detective said that it could not be confirmed until late on the second day as they needed the pathologist to confirm it.

Police also said that the sighting of a white ute (2 occupants, one got out) was helpful in apprehending the suspect.

We know the accused has offered an alibi. We do not know the details of this and they may or may not be released on Wednesday. This alibi was not raised until hours before the hearing. The accused did not apply for bail.

We know the washing and family car belonging to the house over the back was searched based on something posted on Facebook.

We know the mother and a male voice were heard yelling on the night of the murders.

I know there is more...but this is off the top of my head...

You're a breathe of fresh air in here! :) It is about all that has been released. Not much info at all. Certainly not enough for us to make an educated decision. If we could we are wasting our time in here and should be head of the task force lol

LOL if you listen properly to that video they say.....
The blood droplets out the fron't does not match any of CR's friends whom supplied their DNA
So that means the blood didn't match the defendant because he had gave his DNA to them voluntarily

Yep, that is how I hear it too.

I am very concerned that some people have closed their minds to the possibility that the DNA (if it actually matched the accused) may have been circumstantial and that someone else my be the murderer.

Does anybody know which is the report or video that mentions the neighbour heard screams/cries for help, a male voice and 'bang' noise. I would like to review that again as something has come up in my mind.

I have to agree with Mrs G Norris & Aussiecriminals (great site by the way Aussiecrimianls), IMO I think they have the right guy & solid evidence to charge him with and it is only a case of how & why.
Thanks anjay, trying my best, its a one man show over there...lol

I am actually in a great debate over there with the sister of the mother who's child was found dead in the washing machine in September in WA. Touchy case and a lot of unreleased stuff. No charges have been laid yet(I need to check if that case is here so I can discuss)

But anyway back to this case, I think at times it can be information overload, so it is good to step back for a day and have fresh looks at things sometimes. The only things that will not change are the facts (they are what I love most) and thy take time to crawl out of their little holes sometimes...Cheers all, reading every post!
Robbo

I am very concerned that some people have closed their minds to the possibility that the DNA (if it actually matched the accused) may have been circumstantial and that someone else my be the murderer.

call me naive but I do not think the police would have charged him without really solid evidence (whatever that turns out to be), they would not want the case to be built on flimsy circ evidence, nor do I believe they would witch hunt an innocent man without overwhelming evidence.

LOL if you listen properly to that video they say.....
The blood droplets out the fron't does not match any of CR's friends whom supplied their DNA
So that means the blood didn't match the defendant because he had gave his DNA to them voluntarily

It depends on if the accused had given his DNA yet. At that time they may not have tested ALL of CR's friends. They could have ment it does not match any of CR's friends who they had tested so far.

But it certainly does not say it is from the defendant as suggested in here

Sounds like it will be well worth explaining your reasoning to the police. Apparently it is too complex for them to understand, and consequently they arrested the wrong guy, somebody who does not match the DNA. I am sure when they understand this they will thank you and let him go.

Oh I so agree, some will listen to something or read something and I wonder how they got their conclusion. But even when proven wrong stick to their guns lol

I am not saying he is innocent but nor am I saying he is guilty, because I really have no idea what so ever with what has officially been released to the public from the authorities. But honestly so much of it just doesn't make sense or sit right in my stomach.

Seriously if they had this lad in sights from the get go, my common sense would be that they make him take his top off and check out his arms and hands for wounds? So either they didn't do that or he had nothing that was to any relevance to them, and just common work injuries related to his job type. But I don't know it just doesn't sit right

i am finding myself somewhere i have never been climbing on to the fence. I wish we had the same disclosure laws as the states do, because they seem more transparent, especially for sluethers like me. The lack of info does make me so uncomfortable to say 100% he is the one. I am at 85% its him but have a little nagging doubt, especially re-reading the initial media reports. I really do hope they have their man but i still feel there was more than 1 involved.

I know that the police have what they need but i wanna know too lol.

All imho :innocent:

just wondering do we know 100% that he has offered an alibi, i have not heard this in any reports only on here?

I can clear that one up.
Not sure how much detail I can post here, but here goes.

A friend of CR's brother lives diagonally behind the Harriet St house.

I have the name and the address but better not print it.

He and his partner (whose name reminds us of Christmas) have a young baby, about 2 mths old.

He is the person who heard screams but did nothing.

He posted on the Monday of FB a post to this effect...
"Can't believe what I did, I said I would never do that, now this has happened".

When I first read that post my thoughts were "ah ha he did it!", and I expect the police thought the same.

His FB page has since been set to private and he has modified his first name from 6 letters to a 3 letter nickname.

Anyway, obviously this post alerted police. He was upset and remorseful, plus he lived diagonally behind.

They searched his house and the washing machine. His partner (Christmas lady) explained to the media that the search was due to something posted on FB.

Later in the day (on Monday) he posted that he could see the back door of the house from his place.

Then his FB went private.

He is not the b/f, nor is he the accused. In fact his name has not been mentioned in the media anywhere, as far as I know.

BTW, I don't blame him for doing nothing. I know lots of people do, but it is quite common to ignore screams and assume it's a dometic. I feel very sorry for him and how guilty he feels now.

I found that I kept a copy of his post on FB (the man who lived diag behind, heard scerams and had his washing machine investigated)

Here it is:

done the most stupid thing last night, that i told myself i would never ever do no matter what, i wish i could take back every last bit because i never meant to do it, im am sooo very sorry for what i have done and caused n it makes me sick even to think of what i did.

Easy to see why the police found it suspicious.

If not ok to post that. let me know.

call me naive but I do not think the police would have charged him without really solid evidence (whatever that turns out to be), they would not want the case to be built on flimsy circ evidence, nor do I believe they would witch hunt an innocent man without overwhelming evidence.

This.

Police would much rather be still out there searching for the real killer, rather than wasting time and damaging their reputation by charging the wrong person. Police would have solid evidence.

They don't go making arrests on circumstantial evidence just to calm a town who's in fear.

Also, from the other side of the case, I think you'll find most people want to believe he's guilty so that they can put their own minds at rest, and not worry that a killer could still be walking their streets. This may be biased against him, but if police do have the evidence to support their allegations, and he is guilty, the hate towards him is duly warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592