GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about what, if anything, we are allowed to post about the accused. For example, can I post a link to this news article about his court appearance?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...g-of-rowe-family/story-e6frf7l6-1225954971171

Can I post the picture of Chantelle in this article? (It is lovely.)
Can I mention the materials therein?

Thanks. I want to abide by the rules but I'm just a little concerned that I don't know what they are right now in this case.

Comparison of hair colour

I have taken the photo off of the accused's Bebo, and the screen capture of him at the shrine, and compared the colour of the hair.

Remember, in one of them he was outdoors, and the other he was indoors.
Because I got these photos off the web, I compared with #webcolours and the result was that they are a very close match indeed.

They are both hex code #333333 though one is a little darker than the other due to being indoors.

webcolours.png

If one is darker then the other they by definition they cannot be the same hex colour. Hex colour is simply a hexadecimal conversion of RGB colours. Differences in shade, tones and hues will all change the hex colour just as they do the RGB.

I whacked your images into photoshop and I got completely different hex colours to yours which is to be expected. The hex colour will change depending on where in the image you click, because there are many variations within the image itself. Photos are made up of thousands of pixels (depening on the resolution) and each pixel will have a slightly different shade/hue etc. If they didn't then they they would look like a flat, single coloured coloured cartoon drawing rather than a photo.

Yes, we should be very careful about criticizing this neighbor, he lives in a small town, I am sure many on here know who he is, and I am sure he wishes he had realized what he was hearing and called police. He did what most of us would do...assume domestic unfortunately. And like the police said, if he had gone to investigate himself he may have ended up as victim number four.

There are other neighbours that are just as close to the house.I can't understand either that 3 people could be attacked in that way with many defensive wounds to the victims without someone hearing something more. He(the neighbour) had said she sounded quite upset,as a male and friend of the family would you not check it out?
Also lets assume there were 3 mobile phones and a house phone.Not one of them could get to it? Most people keep their phones next to their beds do they not? Like most have mentioned, too many holes in the story far.

Are her posts available again?
They were in the closed thread.
I'd like to look at them again as I definately got the impression she was making it up as she went along and contradicting her own statements.

She made the posts to this thread, around page 8 or 9 from memory. Not sure why but the site has disabled the ability for registered posters to find all posts made by a user which makes it hard to find things. Any reason why thsi feature ahs been disabled?

If one is darker then the other they by definition they cannot be the same hex colour. Hex colour is simply a hexadecimal conversion of RGB colours. Differences in shade, tones and hues will all change the hex colour just as they do the RGB.

I whacked your images into photoshop and I got completely different hex colours to yours which is to be expected. The hex colour will change depending on where in the image you click, because there are many variations within the image itself. Photos are made up of thousands of pixels (depening on the resolution) and each pixel will have a slightly different shade/hue etc. If they didn't then they they would look like a flat, single coloured coloured cartoon drawing rather than a photo.

It's a close match if you consider that he was indoors.
I meant they contain the same pixels in them, not that all of them are the same.

Updated my post.

the shoes are the obsession more so than the red swan shirt

There are other neighbours that are just as close to the house.I can't understand either that 3 people could be attacked in that way with many defensive wounds to the victims without someone hearing something more. He(the neighbour) had said she sounded quite upset,as a male and friend of the family would you not check it out?
Also lets assume there were 3 mobile phones and a house phone.Not one of them could get to it? Most people keep their phones next to their beds do they not? Like most have mentioned, too many holes in the story far.

I understand why you think he should have done more, but if you are implying he may be an alternative suspect I think it's just something we should be careful about since he is located in a small town and I believe he was investigated.

Re the article that was on the newspaper banner.

I am suspecting it has been removed, perhaps at the request of police.

Searching google for "A TEENAGER has been arrested over the murder a week ago of three family members in South Australia's mid-north." produces a lot of "page not found" reports

Same if you google for "Teenager arrested over Rowe family murders" (with the quote marks)

Google shows 168 results, but follow the links and all lead to "page not found", whether it is The Age, Herald Sun, The Advertiser or whichever newspaper site the link goes to.

This is a story less than a week old and it is not normal for news sites to remove those links so soo.

I reckon something must have been in those news reports that the police now want supressed.

I am sure the mother of the SIL was on/posted last night. What she said seemed genuine to me.

I'm glad, she seemed very genuine and all she said in thread 1 and 2 rung true for me. Seemed like she was trying to make sense of it all, lots of honesty in her post. I checked the thread constantly yesterday and last night and some how must have missed her post :(

She made the posts to this thread, around page 8 or 9 from memory. Not sure why but the site has disabled the ability for registered posters to find all posts made by a user which makes it hard to find things. Any reason why thsi feature ahs been disabled?
I think you have to have a certain number of posts in order to use the Search feature.

Although all the news sites have deleted the story of the arrest, I found it copied here:

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?21865-Chantelle-Rowe-(16)-and-her-parents-were-murdered-in-a-brutal-triple-homicide/page3

I will paste the text of it.

POLICE believe they have the Kapunda triple murderer - a teenager who lived in the town.

An 18-year-old Kapunda man was last night arrested for the Harriet St murders of Andrew, Rose and Chantelle Rowe, left, in the early hours of Monday, November 8.

"The community can feel proud in the way they have supported us in this investigation.

"The local emergency services have assisted us greatly - we received a great deal of support. The local community should be applauded.

"It's a lovely little country town. You feel so safe. A lot of us don't lock our doors, normally," said Ms Cranwell, who moved to Kapunda five months ago.

"Now it's, like, before dark you are locking doors, you are winding your windows shut, putting your blinds down. You fell like you're being violated."

Det-Supt Moyle would not confirm if the murder weapon had been found.

Males typically don't collect many shoes and those shoes would be the most expensive and probably what he's most proud of. They may also be very comfortable.

I have many shoes but I still only commonly wear a couple because they're comfy.

Gosh I remember an ex that had some basketball shoes from the US before they were available here and he was so proud of them and practically wore them every day. Of course back then there was no internet etc so having shoes from the US was a big thing I guess. I remember not understanding what the big deal was at the time and thought they were the most ugliest shoes out :)

Blood DNA was definately found at the scene that belongs to the accused as her had several cuts on both of hands and he one he removed his long sleeves for police had many cuts bording on slashes on both of his arms predominantly below the elbow, with at least 2 of these being significant that they should have received medical attention and stitches had they occurred under other circumstances where there was no necessity to keep the injuries hidden. By the way that the police termed the statement re the DNA evidence they had of an unknown person they made it sound that there was a second DNA sample from another person they had not yet matched with anyone known to them. The accused voluntarily donated his DNA as part of the Police's request for all male youth in the town to come forward and provide a DNA sample to them voluntarily. Also they made it clear that the DNA was from a source unknown to them at that stage, they had at that time had DNA, clothes, shoes and car of the accused in their possession so it would be fair to assume based on the numerous contacts they had had with the accused at that time that it was someone else they were referring to by saying it was a source unknown to them.

Here she is. Perhaps next time she is on could she tell us when and by who the lower arm gashes were sighted? I think this is important evidence if true.

Males typically don't collect many shoes and those shoes would be the most expensive and probably what he's most proud of. They may also be very comfortable.

I have many shoes but I still only commonly wear a couple because they're comfy.

Gosh I remember an ex that had some basketball shoes from the US before they were available here and he was so proud of them and practically wore them every day. Of course back then there was no internet etc so having shoes from the US was a big thing I guess. I remember not understanding what the big deal was at the time and thought they were the most ugliest shoes out :)

I do the same, I wear my comfy shoes all the time!

Here she is. Perhaps next time she is on could she tell us when and by who the lower arm gashes were sighted? I think this is important evidence if true.

^ yes, I would like to know that too.....and how, it sounded like her daugher and SIL saw the cuts - I also wonder how that happened and when? And if the police had already seen them....and how bad these cuts were too.

As you say, I don't think the fact that the accused had a penchant for wearing the same clothes/shoes really means much.

Take myself for example, although I am a female I own three pairs of shoes, one of which, my sneakers, I wear pretty much daily (to work, at home, playing sports etc). I wear them because they are comfortable and only wear my other shoes if it is necessary to do so (ie liasing with external clientelle, delivering training etc). Likewise, I pretty much live in jeans and polo shirts. I have 7 polo shirts that I rotate each day lol. While I own many jackets, there is one that I love to bits and pretty much wear daily when the weather is cold lol.

While I may not be your typical, average woman, I don't think I suffer from OCD or anything else like that. I simply like to wear what I feel comfortable in, I loathe clothes shopping, and I don't follow fashion trends. In fact I hate everything to do with fashion and all that it represents. :)

^ yes, I would like to know that too.....and how, it sounded like her daugher and SIL saw the cuts - I also wonder how that happened and when? And if the police had already seen them....and how bad these cuts were too.

I recall her saying that the guys at work had been ribbing/teasing the accused because he was wearing a jacket in the hot shed. I am pretty sure she mentioned that he eventually took the jacket off and they saw the cuts. Apparently no one thought anything of it at the time because they didn't think he was capable of murder.

But if the cuts were as deep as claimed (ie some apparently were bad enough to require stitches) then surely someone would have asked how he got them (even if they didn't suspect him of the crime)? Just natural curiosity really to ask those sorts of questions if you see someone hurt. I know that in my workplace people will mention/ask if someone has a new haircut, let alone slashes to their arms (maybe my workplace is just too boring though and we need something/anything to fill in the time :)

^^ Ditto ^^ and considering recent events you would think they would be all over it!

I understand why you think he should have done more, but if you are implying he may be an alternative suspect I think it's just something we should be careful about since he is located in a small town and I believe he was investigated.

Hi Mrs G. Sorry, I am certainly not implying there is an alternative suspect. Nobody knows what he heard so I am not saying he should feel guilty about it.I am sure a lot of people don't ring the police when they perhaps should.The only good thing that may come out of this is that perhaps we may consider making a call if in the same situation.
Basically I was just thinking out loud. LOL

I'm confused about what, if anything, we are allowed to post about the accused. For example, can I post a link to this news article about his court appearance?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...g-of-rowe-family/story-e6frf7l6-1225954971171

Can I post the picture of Chantelle in this article? (It is lovely.)
Can I mention the materials therein?

Thanks. I want to abide by the rules but I'm just a little concerned that I don't know what they are right now in this case.

We have some special rules for this particular case based on the laws in Australia. If the article names the accused and the suppression order has not been lifted, then you may not post the link. However, if the accused is not named OR if the suppression order has been lifted (you need to link to this information) then you can post the link.

Questions about moderating and/or rules should be sent to any moderator via pm and not posted in the main threads as it disrupts the flow of discussion.

ALSO - we have lots of new posters here. Please make yourselves familiar with our Terms of Services, Rules and threadequitte here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Let me know if I can be of further help,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members