GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wonder if anyone is looking on the Blue ridge parkway....you can get right on it in Roanoke...this time of year few people on it. Could of taken it north or south.

Wow did you do that?? that is Very Helpful!!! Thank you thank you!!

hahahahaha! seriously- No, sorry can't take the credit. some on the find Brittany facebook page did but I thought it would be useful to pass around.

Nancy Grace, Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell, Americas Most Wanted..shows like that are national, with lots of viewers.

I'll start emailing them.

I heard on WSLS.com (local NBC) that Brittany's story would be featured this Saturday night on AMW.

ETA: Sorry - that should have been WSLS the tv station - local news, not WSLS.com their web-site

Britney and JE have appeared on every news broadcast here in SW Florida, and sometimes even on the "news-break" where they give a quick update on local news... we've got a 14-year-old kid that killed both of his parents here, so it is pretty much the top story, but I'm glad that they are taking the time to give a quick re-cap of Britney and JE.

Come on Britney... RUN!!

13639618_BG2.jpg

We just had a Bank Robbery down here and there looking for this Guy.....I don't think it looks like him.... But then again....

Britney and JE have appeared on every news broadcast here in SW Florida, and sometimes even on the "news-break" where they give a quick update on local news... we've got a 14-year-old kid that killed both of his parents here, so it is pretty much the top story, but I'm glad that they are taking the time to give a quick re-cap of Britney and JE.

Come on Britney... RUN!!

Yes 10 miles away from my office, Everyone Knew them...A great loving family, really smart loving kid... No one can figure it out!!!

I wonder if part of her behavior change could be (other than grief) was the amount of time her mom spent grieving and maybe she felt forgotten. Never having lost a child, I imagine it would be the main thought in your mind for a long long time, to the exclusion of everyone and everything else.

If that was the case, she was a perfect victim for JE.

Please believe me when I say that I mean no disrespect and I am NOT judging Brittany's mom when I say this:
Tina seemed to spend a lot of time in her grief posting to her son on different websites and proclaiming how she loved him and missed him and how proud of him she was. etc. When she had a bad day sometimes her posts took the tone of "everything is wrong in my life and you're not here" She was a heartbroken mother and she was in pain. But her posts rarely mentioned Brittany and when they did it was usually in reference to the pain of the son being gone. From Brittany's point of view, she may have felt ignored and hurt because her mother was saying things to the brother in death that she would never say to Brittany in life. KWIM?

I wonder if part of her behavior change could be (other than grief) was the amount of time her mom spent grieving and maybe she felt forgotten. Never having lost a child, I imagine it would be the main thought in your mind for a long long time, to the exclusion of everyone and everything else.

That is exactly where my mind went. 12-year-old girls are dealing with A LOT at that age. It's a very difficult time for young girls. Add all the things that she was dealing with... brother's death. Her own grieving. Her mother grieving. The poor girl was, like you said, the perfect victim for a predator like JE.

I don't know about other stations w/ national play, but HLN has had quite a bit of coverage - starts early in the a.m. on Robin Meade's show, Prime News covers it - and JVM & NG.

I haven't watched local Austin tv news in a while - so don't know about what local stations here are doing.

Judging by the local TV news stations websites in FL, KY, OH, AL & TN the case is covered there but it would take a local to tell us if they're hearing on TV or radio.

I'll have to check around and see what parts of the state are covering it here. As I said earlier, JE would blend well in SE Ohio. Here in the SW part of the state, there's not even a mention on the news sites under national news and news from our partners. I'm not sure how much coverage this case would get in the NW part of the state with the Skelton case being very close. I did find an article, though, that said LE in VA are working with Ohio officials to issue an Amber Alert but so far, this hasn't been done that I have seen.

That is a good point, we have friends that lost their daughter in an auto accident with a drunk driver. They grieve so deeply and open, I have often wondered if the other children felt ignored

I even used my Big Fat Black Mag Sharpie to right the plate number on my arm so I wouldn't forget it...

Note to self: don't use sharp on skin it doesn't come off...

rubbing alcohol should get it off. :)

Better idea...I was going to say an SOS pad gets it off! LOL That's how I would remove it from my hand when I was in my "write on my arms and hands" phase!

Better idea...I was going to say an SOS pad gets it off! LOL That's how I would remove it from my hand when I was in my "write on my arms and hands" phase!

:floorlaugh: that is what I used at first till it started taking my skin off with it...

He has a toddler daughter...his MS blog was a rant about his ex wife not allowing him to see her. If he was the person who killed TS what would stop him from killing the ex and taking the daughter? Nothing to lose now...

It would not surprise me if he wasn't just using this "pity" story to get the attention and sympathy of potential prey/victims. It's been noted that he has a lot of female friends on his friend's list, some who have teenage daughters.

I don't know about other stations w/ national play, but HLN has had quite a bit of coverage - starts early in the a.m. on Robin Meade's show, Prime News covers it - and JVM & NG.

I haven't watched local Austin tv news in a while - so don't know about what local stations here are doing.

Judging by the local TV news stations websites in FL, KY, OH, AL & TN the case is covered there but it would take a local to tell us if they're hearing on TV or radio.

Local news out of central Ohio seems focused on the missing Skelton boys in Michigan/Ohio border. I have heard Fox News (national) running this story though.

my hubby used oil.........goop stuff

BTW ,my mom was one of the children who felt not loved enough because parents grieved so bad over 2 deceased children.
They could not help it.
But she says her mom was so depressed that she never noticed my mom.
So mom is a big drama queen some days............

I'm losing hope here, and starting to think they are both dead, frozen to death. I pray not because that isn't the outcome I want but again, losing hope here.
My fear is, because it doesn't look like a well thought out plan, that even if they camped for a few days, eventually they are going to need more supplies. LE said he bought Gatorade & water. We all saw the photo from walmart, there's not much stuff in that buggy and any liquids are going to freeze. I left a bottle of water in my car last night and we just ran out to the store and it was frozen solid. I hope he didn't leave her in the tent with a promise to go get food/supplies and to return and took off never come back. He could have ditched the car, hopped a bus and be anywhere right now.

I think the only reason Florida is being stressed so much, is because for some reason, everyone who decides to commit a crime anywhere North of us, decides to come here!

They really could be anywhere. So keep your eyes opened! And get the word out. If everyone printed out a few flyers and kept them in their cars, and gave one to their neighborhood gas stations or stores when they stopped by, that would be a great way to help out on our end. Just a thought!

I got the AA via e-mail and text last night. It's also up on an electronic billboard a few blocks from my neighborhood. But, on the billboard, they put the car license tag, but nothing about it being a VA tag. If I didn't already know about this case, I would just assume it's a car with a FL tag they are looking for.

I don't know who to contact to get this updated. Any ideas?

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/...smith-campgrounds-rest-areas-being-ar-705582/

By WSLS-TV Staff Reports
Published: December 09, 2010
Updated: December 09, 2010 - 4:22 PM

Relatives of Tina Smith, Brittany Smith's mother, made an emotional plea for Brittany's safe return at an afternoon news conference.

Three of Tina's sisters and two of her brothers asked Jeffrey Easley to bring Brittany home, so she can say goodbye to her mother. The family members added that they are praying for Brittany's safe return, and hope that Easley does the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member