NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A neighbor who spotted Brewer on Tuesday recalled commenting about bodies being "dumped" at Oak Beach.

"He [Brewer] just shrugged his shoulders and didn't say anything," said the neighbor, who declined to be identified.

From Portabella's link.

I posted this in Megan's thread but I think it bears repeating here.

By Jaclyn Gallucci on December 16th, 2010

Six months ago, when Megan Waterman left a Hauppauge hotel and never came back in June, her disappearance barely made news. Hardly anyone on Long Island knew her name.

Now that four bodies were found on Ocean Parkway in a quaint, beautiful beachside community and Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer has said those bodies may be the work of a serial killer—and that they were found while police were searching for another missing prostitute, Shannon Gilbert, who received even less media attention than Waterman when she disappeared back in May—Waterman’s and Gilbert’s names are suddenly everywhere you look.

more here

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010...ead-bodies-more-important-than-missing-girls/

soul' they are so tiny I can't see them.

I don't think its the same truck/Suv. I'm looking on the local news here and looking at the picture posted the other day. JMO though.

I wish this thread had stayed in breaking news, will it move again when the victims are identified? It's hard to keep up with a case when it's moved around.

I don't think its the same truck/Suv. I'm looking on the local news here and looking at the picture posted the other day. JMO though.

If you look at the veiw from bing looks like the same truck Shutterfly posted stopped in the driveway. I didnt see the one on the news but the one at his address on bing and Shutterfly's photo look like the same one to me. That one is an RV . I dont know what the LE are searching.

ETA

I pmed her to see if she would post them together and bigger. I tried and it does an auto shrink on me.

Colette, there are redirects when threads are moved to the appropriate forum. While these 4 victims are unidentified the thread will likely remain here in the 'UID' -unidentified forum. This thread, as well as others, may also at some point in the future either be moved to the identified subforum, or the awaiting trials or current trials area at which time they will again be moved to the appropriate forum with a redirect.

hth

Cubby
~moderator

Reading between the lines, I get the impression that Megan Waterman is probably one of the four while Shannon Gilbert is not. They will probably wait for a DNA verification. Shannon's name has not turned up on any "missing person's" list that I can find (which is, in itself, unusual) so I don't know if dentals are available, but her mother is involved in the situation, so presumably she would know who might have dental records.

If you look at the veiw from bing looks like the same truck Shutterfly posted stopped in the driveway. I didnt see the one on the news but the one at his address on bing and Shutterfly's photo look like the same one to me. That one is an RV . I dont know what the LE are searching.

ETA

I pmed her to see if she would post them together and bigger. I tried and it does an auto shrink on me.

Wow I think your onto something. That car on bing in the driveway is not the same one I saw on the news. The one on the news showed a Ford Explorer with a roof rack. But Im waiting for my grandson to come home, he'll know if its Ford or not. Darn..hes late.
On yr picture I hit control and the plus sign to make your picture bigger. There are alot of cars there. I also see 2 boats in the driveway. The one on bing is an odd looking truck and so is the one shutterbug noted on her post#108. Hmmmmm

Ok I found the video of Suv. My gandson says its a Jeep Grand Cherokee being shown on the news. I found the video but you have to look at one video first in order to get to the next video.

ist video----Video titled-Search updates

http://www.newsday.com/news/search-updates-1.2546948

After you see the above video, when it ends look at the botton for more video links. Click on the one showing LE guy which says Suffolk police expand search at Oak Beach site-you see the SUV being towed.

Truck.jpg

Is that a Jeep Cherokee or a Ford Escape? It looks a WHOLE lot like my own truck and mine ain't no Jeep.

Although I think the Alantic City and LI murders are unrelated here is an article that says 2 of the missing women and possible victims looked like 2 of the Alantic City victims...

It may indeed be the same perp...or not. It could even be Ron Erwin, the main suspect in the Albuquerque murders of young prostitutes. Erwin is a photographer and has traveled all over the world. It is not implausible that he might have changed his killing grounds to Long Island for a summer. He has only been under close surveillance since August. Erwin stayed in motels in Alb. while (purportedly) stalking his victims. (He is being called a "person of interest"--not a "suspect" by Alb. authorities.)

The possible victims of Erwin looked a lot like the AC girls and like Megan and Shannon. Most of them were Hispanic, though. FBI is still going through the thousands of photos confiscated from Erwin's stash, and trying to match them up with the unidentified girls everywhere.

When adding photo's etc. Please remember to include the link which sources where this information came from.

thank you!

Cubby

Here is an article with a lot more information on Joseph Brewer, his family, some more back ground. I think it is suspicious that the article says he moved out of the house a few months ago, but then that a neighbor saw him at the house on Tuesday. Did he get nervous when he heard the bodies were discovered and come back to make sure he cleaned up well enough.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._icUSVNRrW8naxbU8gaK5AJ?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Also the vehicle pictured is a Jeep Cherokee, I believe that vehicle has a sun roof, so it wouldn't be the vehicle seen parked very close to the dump site.

I just read the Post story and it isn't clear where the neighbor that spoke with him was located. Could they be neighbors of Brewers in West Islip and not Oak Beach?

And I keep looking for this in crimes in the news.

Could you tell me how Alves became involved in this discussion? I am familiar with him- I worked in state prison for many years- this guy is a stone cold killer- probably killed numerous young women. To the best of my knowledge he is out of prison- he was re incarcerated when he was mistakenly released early- oddly enough he was arrested in Clinton NJ - home ti NJ's only womens prison- he was in that area for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici