NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an article with a lot more information on Joseph Brewer, his family, some more back ground. I think it is suspicious that the article says he moved out of the house a few months ago, but then that a neighbor saw him at the house on Tuesday. Did he get nervous when he heard the bodies were discovered and come back to make sure he cleaned up well enough.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._icUSVNRrW8naxbU8gaK5AJ?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Also the vehicle pictured is a Jeep Cherokee, I believe that vehicle has a sun roof, so it wouldn't be the vehicle seen parked very close to the dump site.

This article also describes Cruz as Waterman's pimp, rather than her boyfriend, as other articles had called him. He may have been both, but it seems more important to know that he was her pimp. Also her mother seems to think he knows what happened to her.

http://www.newsday.com/news/sister-n-j-woman-not-among-remains-at-beach-1.2548429

A piece of metal was embedded in her jaw. None of the skulls found had any metal in the jaw.

Let's hope Shannon/Shannan (unsure of the correct spelling of her first name) is now added to missing persons sites such as NAMPN, Charley Project....

As far as I know, her MP case has not been found on any online sites outside the MSM for this case.

Tough way to get your missing family members name out there... :banghead:

In the NY post article posted by crymesolver:

Aside from the Oak Beach home, Brewer's family owns several rental properties across Suffolk.

Neighbors said he had been living at the Oak Beach home until several months ago when he moved back into his mother's West Islip home.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/serial_slay_house_raid_icUSVNRrW8naxbU8gaK5AJ#ixzz18LYOkCl8

He had might have had access to rental homes, if involved there could be a few crime scenes.

As we start to learn more, things come into focus. SG (Shannon Gilbert) isn't one of the four bodies. This should take some of the heat off this guy Brewer. The story of her disappearance is strange but, based on accounts by Brewer, her pimp (he called himself her "driver"), the neighbor Gustav and the 911 operator, she fled the scene in a panic at 4:30 AM and no one could figure out where she went. It still raise the question of where she went. She was out on what was essentially an island and the only way off was either the road to Jones Beach (where the 4 bodies were found) which is an empty 15 miles or across the clauseway, which is also several miles to the mainland. There just isn't much space for somebody to disappear. The pimp was apparently chasing after her in his SUV but clains he never found her. Hopefully the police have a detailed sstatement from him. According to her mother, SG was on the phone to 911 for over 20 minutes while she either ran or hid. There will be a transcript of that call. There are many possibilities.

Is this the right house...anyone?

Hi Shutterfly,
Based on the photos that have been published, it doesn't look like the Brewer property. This is an aerial photograph of the house from Newsday, and it doesn't have the same deck and roof-line (give link a second to auto-direct to photo 10). Do you think you've seen this one on Bing?

Prayers for the families of the girls they found.

I was reading through too quickly yesterday and thought I saw an item that said the bodies were not clothed. I see now that fact has not been established.

Guess I also assumed nakedness since some were in burlap bags.

Just read that Shannon Gilbert is not one of the deceased.

Makes you wonder if this perp is like the one in Philly who kept the girls alive and imprisoned in his basement for awhile before killing them.

Prayers up for all the missing girls...that some will be found alive.

hmmm I was thinking the same thing:waitasec:

I think your talking Gary Heidnik
http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/serialkillers/heidnik.htm

Hi Shutterfly,
Based on the photos that have been published, it doesn't look like the Brewer property. This is an aerial photograph of the house from Newsday, and it doesn't have the same deck and roof-line (give link a second to auto-direct to photo 10). Do you think you've seen this one on Bing?

Prayers for the families of the girls they found.

Based on Bing maps the photo at the link you posted is of 17 Fairway Oak Beach.

Based on this media report the address of Joesph Brewer is 8 Fairway oak beach.
http://www.examiner.com/city-hall-in-atlantic-city/fbi-and-police-raid-home-of-long-island-man-serial-murder-investigation

So either bing has the wrong address on the street, or that media source has the wrong photo or this media source has the wrong address , Or we have posted the correct house . I am not sure which but I think we have it right based on the jeep in the driveway of the house posted.

ETA

I do think the house is not brewers house. Which makes it even more odd about the cars in the driveway.Also makes me positive that Shutterfly should call the photo from bing she found on bing into LE.

Here's an oddity...
4 bodies in NJ in a line.... like a series
4 years later....
4 bodies in NY in a line...

I have no idea if either set of 4 relates to the other. I just have the feeling if they are, this guy is going to be one of those heavy into that symbolism crap that reads like a fictional crime novel.

yes :waitasec:

snip
Three critical signatures of the Atlantic City serial killer include four murders within a month, the absence of shoes on the victims and ligature or manual strangulation. The bodies were displayed in a line in the bay weeds.

snip
The critical signatures of the Long Island killer, if the murders were all from the same person, is the manner of murder and the use of burlap bags. The bags can be tracked by the FBI Evidence Unit by analysis of fibers and the location where they were made or sold. These women were also laid out in a group along a desolate road and in the scrub weeds of the beach.

http://www.examiner.com/city-hall-i...ectives-busy-with-clues-serial-killer-murders

Looking at the home on oak beach and Knowing Shannon Gilbert was running from home to home banging on doors makes me wonder how many doors she was able to knock on and which direction she was running.

If he did murder Shannon I think she would not be in his nesting spot he would want her farther away because of the risk of being caught because of the 911 call.

I also wondered if he could see the spot from his home.

idk, soulmagnet. Those houses aren't so close together in oak beach where she could get to them like it were in town, door-to-door. The houses in Gilgo are tighter together, but this house is on Oak Beach, on the other side of the highway- Eastbound. A bit futher apart.

<G

GILGO BEACH, N.Y. (WABC) -- The search for more bodies on Long Island continues Friday with an expanded search zone.

Police dogs and their handlers will be out in the bitter cold, now searching all of Ocean Parkway right up to Jones Beach. But one of the most promising leads has grown cold.

The search is intensifying, with state police with a dozen cadaver dogs joining Suffolk County police to sweep the dunes and brush for 10 miles.

All of Ocean Parkway will be shut down, extending the search to Nassau County for the first time....

more here

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=7849173

Shannan Gilbert Not Among the Four Skeletal Remains, So Where Is She?

The mystery of who discarded the bodies of four women along a remote New York beach became even murkier when police determined that the missing woman who triggered the search was not among the piles of bones recovered from the area.
Suffolk County police returned to the beach today to expand their search for possible additional bodies or fresh clues. Police said they found some evidence Thursday, but did not reveal what that evidence would be.

A 10-mile stretch of highway was shut down for a second day to accommodate the beach combing cops and their cadaver dogs.

Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer has tried to downplay fears that a serial killer is on the loose.

more here

http://abcnews.go.com/US/york-serial-killer-search-police-broaden-search-shannen/story?id=12420545

I think we have the right house. I thought one of the photos showed police vehicles on the property. I loooked up the google map and there was a Jeep Cherokee in the driveway. One article also said that the house was "fancy" and thats not what I would call the second house.

There was mention that his family owned several rental properties, so maybe there are additional places being searched.

I have Brewer as owning a liquor store in West Islip and recently moving back to that area to his mothers house. It also said a child, and the child's mother lived their also (didn't call her his GF or wife).

**A couple of the TV news channels are showing pictures of the other house, pics of Joseph Brewer, and more info on the story.

Hi, Just poking in thinking arent burlap bags sold at Lowes and home depo (I think trees are sometimes)?I also, Think If a suspect has alot of rental houses that all houses should be checked,,

"He's in a panic state right now," answered Geberth when asked what the killer is likely doing at this point. "That disposal site is a totem place for him. He can go back there and relive the murders. It is a fantasy (for him.)"

Wow. IIRC, Ted Bundy did that. I wonder if there was evidence that someone was visiting the sites and/or walking between the sites. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici