TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

<snipped>

&#8220;To me, I think it&#8217;d be more than just considered runaway,&#8221; Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs told the Reporter-News on Sunday night. His agency has interviewed several of Hailey&#8217;s classmates to help Colorado City police. Toombs said Texas Rangers also have assisted in the case.

While Toombs said his agency was only assisting Colorado City, Hailey&#8217;s disappearance remains a mystery, he said.

&#8220;It&#8217;s really unknown,&#8221; Toombs said. He said he wasn&#8217;t aware that anything has been ruled out, calling some sort of abduction or coercion &#8220;still a possibility.&#8221;

&#8220;But, right now, we have not been able to confirm or deny that, of how she disappeared from town,&#8221; Toombs said.

However, the Mitchell County community, Baum said, is gravely concerned for the teen&#8217;s safety.

&#8220;The people who knew her and her character do not believe she&#8217;d just take off and run away,&#8221; he said. &#8220;It doesn&#8217;t fit.

&#8220;They feel like there is foul play.&#8221;

more at link...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/02/cash-reward-offered-for-missing-13-year-old-girl/

Do we know what her friends may have told LE, to perhaps make them think she could have left on her own? And maybe not intended to be gone this long, perhaps something happened or changed, but I wonder if they told LE something they did not tell Hailey's mom?

Is LE doing what they can, in spite of the runaway theory? Or don't we know? Have they taken computer from home, checked phone logs, any other computers she uses, etc.? We have a case a week, it seems, where a young girl meets older man online and then is suddenly gone.

<snipped>

“To me, I think it’d be more than just considered runaway,” Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs told the Reporter-News on Sunday night. His agency has interviewed several of Hailey’s classmates to help Colorado City police. Toombs said Texas Rangers also have assisted in the case.

While Toombs said his agency was only assisting Colorado City, Hailey’s disappearance remains a mystery, he said.

“It’s really unknown,” Toombs said. He said he wasn’t aware that anything has been ruled out, calling some sort of abduction or coercion “still a possibility.”

“But, right now, we have not been able to confirm or deny that, of how she disappeared from town,” Toombs said.

However, the Mitchell County community, Baum said, is gravely concerned for the teen’s safety.

“The people who knew her and her character do not believe she’d just take off and run away,” he said. “It doesn’t fit.

“They feel like there is foul play.”

more at link...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/02/cash-reward-offered-for-missing-13-year-old-girl/

This is the interview that needs to be circulated to the media because once people hear "Runaway" more often than not people quit listening..therefore they quit looking for her. She is not at home in her own bed..this child is Missing no matter how you look at it!

OMG....I am so sorry. Colorado City seems like a VERY small town for something like that to happen.....and for a 13 year old girl to go missing at one o clock in the afternoon!!

It is a nice small town (one big family) with that great small town atmosphere that I still visit as much as I can, this is something that you would never expect to happen there... As for my case the perp worked for the city and I was a single divorced mother of 3. I wish I had become a sleuther then... I never would have ran, that was our home.

Who is the male with Billie in the video at ktxs?? Is that Hailey's father or Billie's boyfriend? TIA!!

I'm just guessing, but I'd say her father b/c he looks just like her...

I'm just guessing, but I'd say her father b/c he looks just like her...

His body language doesn't say "Daddy" to me...Maybe someone local can verify for us if it's him or the BF.

What a great turnout they had at the vigil! I am thoroughly impressed!
Kind of strange for CCPD to have no comment for the news. Definitly not acting like a PD that is desperately searching for a missing child! Very odd indeed.

If Hailey was a "Runaway" and hiding out at a friends house, at this point the Parents of that friend would have informed Hailey "it's time to go home your parents are worried". If Hailey is with someone 18 or older and they have been gone this long, in my mind this is an abduction. Are there any other teens missing that she could have ran with?

If Hailey was a "Runaway" and hiding out at a friends house, at this point the Parents of that friend would have informed Hailey "it's time to go home your parents are worried". If Hailey is with someone 18 or older and they have been gone this long, in my mind this is an abduction. Are there any other teens missing that she could have ran with?

A monster is hiding her... at 13 yrs she is still a baby.

The people that are saying she would never runaway are very reliable individuals...

I pray she finds her way home soon.

I am caught up now. :seeya:

I still think it is weird, if true, that dad's girlfriend can't be sure if she saw Hailey on Monday or not?

I actually, don't find this weird. They had a baby in November right? So at MOST that baby is 2 months old?
How much does the baby sleep?
How much sleep did this woman get Saturday and Sunday night?
How often did Hailey stop by? Was it almost everyday so she would have naturally not been sure if she came by 6 days that week... whether that 6th day was Sunday or Monday?
If you don't sleep...and you don't function well without it... the days kind of run together. If you didn't sleep Sunday night you may not remember if it was Sunday or Monday that you saw someone... because they are one day to you when you don't sleep. Or if you take a nap with the baby... that might throw your days off too.

I'm not suspicious of Dad's girlfriend. Though, they should all have polygraphs because that's just standard. Especially the last person to see her.

HAILEY-DUNN-13-MISSING-COLORADOCITY-TEXAS-27DEC2010-r.jpg

I know everyone is saying that this reminds them of Kayleah and Lindsey... but this picture itself of Hailey reminds me of Elizabeth Olten.

The boy that the friend says they met at the track meet. If he hasn't been identified yet... If anyone has the boys name and a possible area, they could do some searching of their own on my space, facebook, or even just googling. If he has an extremely common name it would be harder... but still googling the name with the event and the town might work. Or looking up the name on the social networking sites, then trying to find any that are involved in that event in that area.

A couple of those sex offenders really bother me. One or two of them maybe just moved into the area. Not sure what 'verified' means but the dates of verification are 12'-27-2010 and the other is 12-22-2010.

Dates of verification means the date that the information was verified. They were verified to live at that address for example. They could have been registered for 5 years, but the information was just verified on that day. Generally it's verified at least once a year depending on the level of risk.

And another SO paroled from a 35 year sentence. Paroled from Huntsville *yikes( and his verification date is 10/26/2010. Aggravated Sexual Assault.

Woah... was sentenced to 35 years or served 35 years?

Wow. Even with a huge sentence you almost never see anyone serve that long. (Phillip Garrido for example.) Even a life sentence often ends up being 25 or less. :waitasec:

Does anyone know if the boy in another town was ever located, the one her friend may have mentioned? It would be nice to know who else is "missing" from the area, if anyone, or who was on Monday...

I am caught up now. :seeya:

I actually, don't find this weird. They had a baby in November right? So at MOST that baby is 2 months old?
How much does the baby sleep?
How much sleep did this woman get Saturday and Sunday night?
How often did Hailey stop by? Was it almost everyday so she would have naturally not been sure if she came by 6 days that week... whether that 6th day was Sunday or Monday?
If you don't sleep...and you don't function well without it... the days kind of run together. If you didn't sleep Sunday night you may not remember if it was Sunday or Monday that you saw someone... because they are one day to you when you don't sleep. Or if you take a nap with the baby... that might throw your days off too.

I'm not suspicious of Dad's girlfriend. Though, they should all have polygraphs because that's just standard. Especially the last person to see her.

I can understand - to an extent about not remembering. My kids have been out of school for 2 1/2 weeks and my husband has been off for almost 2 weeks for the holidays. My days have completely been messed up and ran together the whole time.

I just want her home. I can't sleep thinking about it. Here praying. :praying:

Just tweeted to all the radio personalities around here and even back home in Louisiana and Alabama.

But wouldn't the dad's girlfriend have been questioned the very next day? If so, then it does seem strange to me that she would not recall the day before.

But wouldn't the dad's girlfriend have been questioned the very next day? If so, then it does seem strange to me that she would not recall the day before.

True! I guess it depends on the time lapsed between her seeing Hailey and them asking her.

ok, so im not getting why they are not posting an amber alert if they don't have evidence that there was no violent abduction, how would they know there wasn't, someone could have possibly drove up behind her and taken her like that. or done something gruesome to this girl and nobody would know anything about it. and another thing i would like to know is there anything being said about this in any other states besides texas? it would be pretty helpful if they were, i mean, im not saying that the police are not doing a good job because they are doing all they can to help find her, but i think it would be a great idea to post some of these things in other states too if they already havn't. (=

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back