TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far her high profile advocate has gone with:

She had grandchildren. Oh, she has a family tree therefore she couldn't be a torch wielding lunatic because clearly all murderers come from pods and have no family members of their own.

It was a drug debt. Silly me, I must have missed the statute that says that if someone owes you drug money it is legally acceptable to torture a child and throw his charred remains in a ditch as repayment.

She cried. She is really upset. Excellent point, we all know NO ONE has ever cried, meltdown, or had a complete pity party in prison. It is filled emotionally mature individuals eager to take responsibility for their actions and accept the consequences. It would be those exact qualities that led them to prison.

If this all he can come up with she might consider defending herself. Couldn't be any worse.

Is it weird that no one mentioned that when she came back & was with the family that same night,she was drunk? I believe it was MN herself that stated she was drunk on vodka.

I am also wondering why LE has not said anything about the phone threats. If she kidnapped Johnathon for her desires, I don't think she would have made any threatening calls. That is why I think it is related to drugs/money and also why LE has not said anything about threats. That may be why AD didn't call 911 immediately after the threatening calls. I think LE is watching & waiting and there will be another arrest.

This case is so bizarre, there are so many unanswered questions, it boggles my mind.

When I see the angelic faces on these kids, I just can't believe anyone would harm them. The poor families of these beautiful kids will live in a nightmare world forever.

LE mentioned the threatening calls in their presser.

LE mentioned the threatening calls in their presser.

To clarify, LE did not mention the threatening remarks during the press conference. It was stated during MN's Probable Cause Hearing in court (DA's office). For reference, below is what was said in the hearing by DA's Office and at the press conference by LE.

MN Probable Cause Hearing – December 30
Transcribed

Twelve year old Jonathan Paul Foster was taken from his home, or missing from his home when his mother came home from work.

Prior to her arrival, she had received a mysterious phone call from her residence from a female, who made threatening remarks towards her son. Also, witness observed a female arriving at the residence in a grey or silver pickup about the same time that those threatening calls were made.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7871218

HPD – Press Conference - December 30
Transcribed

At about 2:00, Jonathan places a phone call to his mother’s place of work. He speaks to one of her co-workers, asks her a couple of questions, the mother gets a little - the mother finds out about it, gets a little concerned, it’s about time for her to go home, she calls the house, and that’s when she speaks to the woman I guess that everybody heard about, with the, kind of the raspy voice. She gets disconnected, she immediately goes home, and Jonathan is gone.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

God Bless Jonathan's family and friends today as they attend his funeral. My heart just breaks for all of them.

Thinking of Jonathan's family today as they say goodbye to such a sweet, innocent little boy.

I'm also thinking of his classmates as today is the day the students return to school. I'm saddened to think of a portion of their innocence is lost today as well.

Thinking of Jonathan's family today as they say goodbye to such a sweet, innocent little boy.

I'm also thinking of his classmates as today is the day the students return to school. I'm saddened to think of a portion of their innocence is lost today as well.

I am so very concerned about his classmates. As shaken as we are about this case, I cannot imagine what the knowledge of this is doing to them. I trust HISD will have counselors on hand not only for his class, but also for any child at that school. This horrific event will no doubt will leave a huge imprint on their lives.

To clarify, LE did not mention the threatening remarks during the press conference. It was stated during MN's Probable Cause Hearing in court (DA's office). For reference, below is what was said in the hearing by DA's Office and at the press conference by LE.

MN Probable Cause Hearing – December 30
Transcribed

Twelve year old Jonathan Paul Foster was taken from his home, or missing from his home when his mother came home from work.

Prior to her arrival, she had received a mysterious phone call from her residence from a female, who made threatening remarks towards her son. Also, witness observed a female arriving at the residence in a grey or silver pickup about the same time that those threatening calls were made.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7871218

HPD – Press Conference - December 30
Transcribed

At about 2:00, Jonathan places a phone call to his mother’s place of work. He speaks to one of her co-workers, asks her a couple of questions, the mother gets a little - the mother finds out about it, gets a little concerned, it’s about time for her to go home, she calls the house, and that’s when she speaks to the woman I guess that everybody heard about, with the, kind of the raspy voice. She gets disconnected, she immediately goes home, and Jonathan is gone.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

Thank you! I knew it came from LE somewhere in the last week. Being on dial up makes it hard to go looking for the exact place. Sorry for the mixup.

My thoughts and prayers today are with everyone who loved Jonathan. Especially
to the aunt and uncle...you gave Jonathan love, happiness and security in life, something every child deserves, and for that I thank you.
To the young cousins...always remember the happiest days of Jonathan's life were spent with you. There is no explanation for evil and it will never make sense. Take the memory of Jonathan with you as you grow into men and make a positive difference in this world. Do not let the evil win.
RIP Jonathan

Investigation ongoing:

Police homicide Capt. David Gott invited the activist to share information with investigators.
"Obviously, it's very hard to tell whether she acted on her own, considering that we don't have all the details of the offense," he said. "She didn't give us a confession. She didn't tell us a lot of the things she's telling Quanell X."
Gott acknowledged the investigation is continuing.
"There's always the possibility that there could be someone else involved, but right now there's nobody else who's being targeted and it doesn't look like there's going to be charges filed on anybody else," he said.
Nelson pleaded guilty to an aggravated robbery charge in 1984 in return for 10 years' probation. Her probation was revoked in 1991, and she was sent to prison. She was paroled in October 1994.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7364428.html

Is it just me or does it seem like their stance is making a slight turn........

Investigation ongoing:

Police homicide Capt. David Gott invited the activist to share information with investigators.
"Obviously, it's very hard to tell whether she acted on her own, considering that we don't have all the details of the offense," he said. "She didn't give us a confession. She didn't tell us a lot of the things she's telling Quanell X."
"There's always the possibility that there could be someone else involved, but right now there's nobody else who's being targeted and it doesn't look like there's going to be charges filed on anybody else," he said.
Nelson pleaded guilty to an aggravated robbery charge in 1984 in return for 10 years' probation. Her probation was revoked in 1991, and she was sent to prison. She was paroled in October 1994.

I don't think so. In the presser, one of the reporters asked about the idea of her acting alone and Harris said obviously it is possible there is another person but they don't believe so and imo it was clear they didn't mean anyone so far in the investigation but its possible for example, she and a friend took turns torching him to death and they can't know that for certain yet.

Not that they are going back on who they cleared but leaving the door open for an unknown. So this comment is just what they said even in the presser.

imo

MN can throw out all the preposterous tales she can think of but none of them will help her case. She can burst out in tears all she wants and it will not change my opinion of her pure evilness.

I have no reason to not believe LE.
She acted alone in this horrendous crime.

She will have plenty of time to think about her actions while sitting in her cell.

JMHO

Investigation ongoing:

I do not believe their stance is turning in the least.

The crime and arrest happened rather quickly and I am sure there are more facts to uncover.

It is not unusual for an investigation to continue after an arrest has been made. The more facts available for the trial the better. For example I am sure there is still alot of forensic testing to be completed. But I do not believe for a minute it is to look for an accomplice. Remember the State has to be ready for whatever the defense is going to throw out in court.

JMHO

So far her high profile advocate has gone with:

She had grandchildren. Oh, she has a family tree therefore she couldn't be a torch wielding lunatic because clearly all murderers come from pods and have no family members of their own.

It was a drug debt. Silly me, I must have missed the statute that says that if someone owes you drug money it is legally acceptable to torture a child and throw his charred remains in a ditch as repayment.

She cried. She is really upset. Excellent point, we all know NO ONE has ever cried, meltdown, or had a complete pity party in prison. It is filled emotionally mature individuals eager to take responsibility for their actions and accept the consequences. It would be those exact qualities that led them to prison.

If this all he can come up with she might consider defending herself. Couldn't be any worse.

My thing here is that it's too pat. She's a person people will see as a 'bad guy' because she's kind of scary looking, has a previous rap sheet, and she was caught red handed dumping the body.

This does not a killer make. And even if she did killl him, then why? I don't see this woman as someone who kills children. She may have cold eyes, she may be a less than stellar mother and grandmother. I could give you a few women I work with now as clients that fit similar descriptions.

My thing is I believe she was used by someone else. Not SF. Just don't see that. I do believe she might have been the 'debt collecter' for someone. What do you do when you don't get the cash owed? Well, you take something the ower values. She gets the child, brings the child somewhere, her home? then where? Gets rid of the body and then goes back home. She might have been liquored/drugged up. She might not have been. But there is just something too pat in Mona being cast as the sadistic bad killer. Just something that doesn't work, there is a bigger thing here, methinks.

Newest article. BBM
Quote:
Police found a portion of burned carpet, "hit on" by a cadaver dog, in Nelson's garbage. They also recovered twine that resembled the cord used to bind the boy's hands.

And Quote:
Complaining of a stomach ailment, Nelson did not attend an earlier hearing in which a Harris County magistrate deemed probable cause existed for her arrest and detention.

Wanted to bring this article back up, because it had information that was related to questions we have been asking, but I went to bed before I could follow up on it...

I found it interesting that the carpet hit on by a cadaver dog was in the garbage can. it wasn't on the floor. So did she cut it out of the carpet, or was it a separate scrap, that she put on her own carpet, to protect the floor somewhat? So the burns underneath are not all of the burns the carpet would have gotten. Some DNA evidence may be on her main carpet, but the majority would be on the scrap.

Also, she did not attend her probable cause hearing because of a stomach ailment. Could this be withdrawal symptoms, from drugs/alcohol?

Finally, can someone tell me how to put info about this article in the media file? I see references to a media file, but don't know where to find it. :) Thanks!

My thing here is that it's too pat. She's a person people will see as a 'bad guy' because she's kind of scary looking, has a previous rap sheet, and she was caught red handed dumping the body.

This does not a killer make. And even if she did killl him, then why? I don't see this woman as someone who kills children. She may have cold eyes, she may be a less than stellar mother and grandmother. I could give you a few women I work with now as clients that fit similar descriptions.

My thing is I believe she was used by someone else. Not SF. Just don't see that. I do believe she might have been the 'debt collecter' for someone. What do you do when you don't get the cash owed? Well, you take something the ower values. She gets the child, brings the child somewhere, her home? then where? Gets rid of the body and then goes back home. She might have been liquored/drugged up. She might not have been. But there is just something too pat in Mona being cast as the sadistic bad killer. Just something that doesn't work, there is a bigger thing here, methinks.

You've hit on some ideas I've been thinking. While I don't discount MN being the sole and only killer, and doing it just for her sadistic, sociopathic kicks, I also feel that there is a lot more under the surface that we do not know. It may be that all the under-surface stuff just intensifies the focus on MN. However, maybe not. There have been killers before who have seemed unlikely threats, who, when the waters parted, were exposed to be evil personified. MN may be just that. A mother, grandmother, aunt, daughter, ex-wife who is also a sociopath.

The reason money doesn't make sense to me is this: How could anyone think they could get more money out of JF's family? They were poor. How/Why would anyone extend a quantity of money to them (thinking they'd get paid back) that would warrant murdering a child as retribution? I mean, that would have to be a LOT of money, IMO. But I could be wrong. Anyone shed light on this kind of extortion/debt stuff? (I don't think any amount would warrant killing a child, but I am not a criminal, so it's hard to wrap my brain around that.)

On her Myspace page, one of her friends (a young girl) said something to this effect, "Hey Mona, I need your help. Some guy (boyfriend?) roughed me up. I have scratches and bruises everywhere."

This young girl had no problems posting her request on a public website. This implies to me that Mona had the reputation of being an enforcer in the 'hood. So, I think there is the possibility that something or someone else was involved in this senseless, brutal crime. Regardless, Mona did participate in a 100% verifiable aspect of it. For that, she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamtom