TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if it has already been posted here, but I thought this was interesting. I know that a few people had already wondered if there was a reason DD was left out of the obits, and I can't help but think we have an answer now. maybe

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7877975

Quoted from the article noted in the above link..

"There are a couple of interesting notes from the family today. For the first time, the family has asked the media to stop referring to Jonathan's stepfather as such. They say, David Davis never acted like a father and was simply somebody who married Jonathan's mother. For the first time there was a little bit of public tension. The family refused to answer any questions about why Mona Nelson would implicate David Davis."

Given that AD and JF supposedly moved out because he slapped the boy, I would imagine the whole family is playing the guilt/blame game. I remember hearing once what percentage of marriages split up after the death of a child (even if that death was due to illness or accident). In a case like this, the odds would have to be even higher.

I suspect its simpler than that. He may be unable to wrap his head around the idea of a woman torching a child to death for sadistic and sexual pleasure. there are posters here who have trouble with that and have followed some heinous cases. If not for Sandra Cantu where it was obvious that the evil woman who abducted and killed her did so for sexual motives (the items in her vagina left there) more probably would have difficulty with it.

Therefore he is inclined to believe as some here do that there has to be someone else involved.

BBM

Thank you for your statements here. I am one of those that cannot wrap my brain around the idea of a woman torching a child to death for sadistic and sexual pleasure.

After reading your post, I looked up and read the short description of the Cantu case on Wikipedia for an overview. I feel so naïve but I just don’t understand why MHuckaby did that and why MN may have done what we are hearing in this case if it was motivated by sadistic and sexual pleasure. I am fairly logical in my thinking so maybe it’s just not possible to apply any logic to these acts so just leaves me stumped, shocked and horrified without any understanding???

Could someone please shed some light here on the subject of women who do these horrific crimes without making my head spin or being too graphic? Or are they just rare aberrations who are not to be understood?

BBM

Thank you for your statements here. I am one of those that cannot wrap my brain around a woman torching a child to death for sadistic and sexual pleasure.

After reading your post, I looked up and read the short description of the Cantu case on Wikipedia for an overview. I feel so naïve but I just don’t understand why MHuckaby did that and why MN may have done what we are hearing in this case if it was motivated by sadistic and sexual pleasure. I am fairly logical in my thinking so maybe it’s just not possible to apply any logic to these acts so just leaves me stumped, shocked and horrified without any understanding???

Could someone please shed some light here on the subject of women who do these horrific crimes without making my head spin or being too graphic? Or are they just rare aberrations who are not to be understood?

I have read before that they are re-living former childhood sexual trauma and abuse.
Someone posted an excellent article about it on the last thread.

BBM

Thank you for your statements here. I am one of those that cannot wrap my brain around a woman torching a child to death for sadistic and sexual pleasure.

I'm sorry if I missed it, but could someone please tell me... Did they announce his cause of death yet? I didn't think they had? Could someone PLEASE, please tell me that we don't yet know that she lit this baby on fire while he was alive????

*Emphasis is mine

I'm sorry if I missed it, but could someone please tell me... Did they announce his cause of death yet? I didn't think they had? Could someone PLEASE, please tell me that we don't yet know that she lit this baby on fire while he was alive????

*Emphasis is mine

There has been no COD announced by the ME yet. But there have been stories in the media like this one http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334262/detail.html that say investigators believe he was killed with the torch. But since the investigator's names were not cited I would read that with some skepticism.

*Emphasis is mine

Found this..

Arson dogs detected no accelerant on Jonathan's body, he said, adding that Nelson possibly used welding torches at her home. An autopsy found no soot in the boy's lungs, so Miller said Jonathan likely was not alive when he was burned.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

ETA... I guess we'll just have to wait for the ME's report to get the real truth.

Directly from LE:

Reporter asks: "Is there a possibility he was burned alive?"

Detective says: "I don't believe that, no. There's not. We've already conferred with the district, uh, the medical examiner's office, and that possibility does not exist."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

????
I am familar with several folks who practise the above religion. All of them would be quite horrified and offended at the mention of someone torturing a child.
As a practising Pagan myself, I find it offensive that this be asked. Would anyone ask this of a faith that was more US mainstream?

What is a Pagan? I am asking in earnest because I really do not know the correct definition of 'a Pagan'. tia

????
I am familar with several folks who practise the above religion. All of them would be quite horrified and offended at the mention of someone torturing a child.
As a practising Pagan myself, I find it offensive that this be asked. Would anyone ask this of a faith that was more US mainstream?

I don't think the post was intended to be offensive at all. And as far as "mainstream", well, to be fair, there aren't the same rituals associated with those.

ETA: not that everyone practices those rituals, but they are associated none the less, perhaps unjustly so.

????

Is that something that is common in the area where JD lived?

Given that AD and JF supposedly moved out because he slapped the boy, I would imagine the whole family is playing the guilt/blame game. I remember hearing once what percentage of marriages split up after the death of a child (even if that death was due to illness or accident). In a case like this, the odds would have to be even higher.

That is what I think has happened Debirl.

It is only normal to try to place blame somewhere.

I imagine Jonathan's mother blames the step dad because if he hadn't slapped Jonathan then they wouldn't have been living with SE and this may have never happened if they had been living else where.

IMO

BBM

Thank you for your statements here. I am one of those that cannot wrap my brain around the idea of a woman torching a child to death for sadistic and sexual pleasure.

After reading your post, I looked up and read the short description of the Cantu case on Wikipedia for an overview. I feel so naive but I just don’t understand why MHuckaby did that and why MN may have done what we are hearing in this case if it was motivated by sadistic and sexual pleasure. I am fairly logical in my thinking so maybe it’s just not possible to apply any logic to these acts so just leaves me stumped, shocked and horrified without any understanding???

I think a lot of female predators remain uncaught.

I don't have the link handy right now but when I researched during the Sandra Cantu's case female pedophile murderers do like to inflict torture on their victims before they murder them.

And I also read that female pedophiles have the same motives for committing pedophilia as men do.

IMO

Directly from LE:

Reporter asks: "Is there a possibility he was burned alive?"

Detective says: "I don't believe that, no. There's not. We've already conferred with the district, uh, the medical examiner's office, and that possibility does not exist."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

As horrible, and terrible as this murder is, I am quite relieved that he was not burned alive. I realilze that there is no good way to kill a person- but one can only hope that Jonathan did not suffer the torture that he could have if she had burned him alive. Ugh. I know I'm not saying what I want to say right, but I hope someone can see what I mean!

Was she a heavy or an enforcer? She might have seen herself as a protector?
Do we know if she practiced or believed in Vodou?
The help she requested could have been more spiritual, if she indeed believe or practiced Vodou.
Several rituals involve burning, fire such as Loa.
Just wondering out loud.

It's possible, I suppose. That's why I think the video of her disposing of the body in the ditch will be very telling. Was she gentle? Angry and violent? Disgusted? Did she stay for a minute? Perhaps via body language express some sort of religious ritual (crossing of chest, hands in the act of prayer, etc.)? For whatever reason, his poor body was placed in an area where it was going to be found undeniably. IMHO, she wanted him found. For what reasons, I would be guessing, but I firmly believe that.

According to her Myspace page, she was about to volunteer to a trip to Haiti. I don't remember the date she posted it, and her Myspace has a virus now, so I don't want to go back there. She kept up with the Myspace way more than her Facebook - although she used her Facebook to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and not Myspace.

I don't think the post was intended to be offensive at all. And as far as "mainstream", well, to be fair, there aren't the same rituals associated with those.

ETA: not that everyone practices those rituals, but they are associated none the less, perhaps unjustly so.

GRAPHIC WARNING:

No, I didn't intend to offend anyone. I also have friends that practice paganism, and she was the one who suggested to me that she might be involved in some odd rituals. If she is a sociopath and is delusional mixed with ritualistic/sexual abuse in childhood this could have bearing of why she burned him, if it's not just to disguise his gender/appearance.

There was a case last year in NYC where a child of 6 years old was burned in a voodoo ritual.
I somehow do not think this is the case however.
Curious to know more about MN lifestyle but I doubt we will anytime soon.
What's most important is whomever, did this is brought to justice.

There's a scenario that just occurred to me: what if Mona WAS acting as an enforcer of sorts, but the objective was to frame DD for a heinous crime? Not that I'm looking for ways to explain her actions and lies, but it is a possible scenario I suppose. Some powerful drug honcho wants vengeance on DD for some reason, hires Mona to make Jonathan disappear and cast suspicion on DD.
It explains why she would be at the house afterward, as the job was only half done, and the half-hearted attempt to cast blame on him, as well as the current statement that she is too frightened of someone to tell the truth.
Not saying it's likely, it's just idle speculation on my part. It does give me reason to hope, however, that the welder was used post-mortem. JMO.

Was she a heavy or an enforcer? She might have seen herself as a protector?
Do we know if she practiced or believed in Vodou?
The help she requested could have been more spiritual, if she indeed believe or practiced Vodou.
Several rituals involve burning, fire such as Loa.

Just wondering out loud.

BBM

I also wondered if MN was influenced by Haitian Voodoo after reading her MS page where in Oct of 2010(?) she posted something to the effect of going to Haiti soon as a volunteer.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Voodoo[/ame]

Currently, some Haitians seem to question/blame Voodoo for evil-doings. Check out the following BBC article dated 12/24/2010 and entitled:

“Haiti mobs lynch voodoo priests over cholera fears”
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12073029

Excerpts:

People have been blaming us, saying that we cast spells and did evil things which brought the earthquake as a punishment” [said] Max Beauvoir Voodoo priest

Although many Haitians still practise voodoo or use aspects of voodoo in their religious worship, the latest violence erupted out of fears the traditional priests were using their powers to spread the infection. [cholera]

Officials counted 40 people killed - mostly voodoo priests - killed in one region of Haiti, the AFP news agency reported, with five others killed elsewhere.

"The victims... were stoned or hacked with machetes before being burned in the streets," communications ministry official Moise Fritz Evens said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861