TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted ( I believe thread 2 or 3) that she had recieved an Ipod touch the year before. They also said she did not have it with her. I don't remember if she no longer had it or just left it at home. Forgive me but I am too tired to look up the exact post. I will pray again for everyone affected by this case, hope she is safe somewhere. Goodnight all!

Didn't we find out that the cell phone was a pre-paid. I don't think you can get an IPhone that's pre-paid - but I could be wrong.

Hailey did have a fb account but mom said there was no computer in the home. And its been said that dad doesn't have internet service at home. Kids who don't have home computers usually hang at the library to use the computers.

Locals, does your library have a bank of free computers? Wonder if LE has checked out if Hailey used them?

Internet Helps Spread News of Missing Girl

By: Cierra Putman NewsWest 9

From a web site set up by friends and loved ones asking the world to help find Hailey Dunn.
"They're really good friends, awesome," Hailey's Aunt, Melinda Salazar, said.
To a local radio station's web site everyone is asking "Where is Hailey Dunn?"

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13800030

Billie met SA online....did she used to have a computer?

From what I can remember, the mom had a pre-paid phone that she left for the kids and the poster that is her friend (verified) said something to the effect that the ipod was actually Hailey's. I think there are two mobile devices in question.

A question for the locals.

Snipped a little:

However, do any locals feel that Hailey would still be classified as a run away if her parents had done nothing more than trust local LE?

I believe the the local LE was on the ball and knew that they were gonna be in over their heads. Help was called in quickly, and the investigation crew has been growing ever since.

Didn't we find out that the cell phone was a pre-paid. I don't think you can get an IPhone that's pre-paid - but I could be wrong.

Hailey did have a fb account but mom said there was no computer in the home. And its been said that dad doesn't have internet service at home. Kids who don't have home computers usually hang at the library to use the computers.

Locals, does your library have a bank of free computers? Wonder if LE has checked out if Hailey used them?

If she has an iPod touch - she can access her fb account and post. Depending on picking up a wifi signal..........which is possible anywhere.

I am so far behind on reading the info tonight but after watching NG and listening to the local media reports, it occurred to me about the cell phone. I know I read that mom left cellphone for Hailey and her brother to use correct? So if neighbor saw Hailey talking on phone around lunch time how did her brother end up with the phone?? Was phone put in a central location in the home or did brother take phone from her?? I am not pointing fingers but it seems to be a major question whom was the last person to see Hailey.

I am so far behind on reading the info tonight but after watching NG and listening to the local media reports, it occurred to me about the cell phone. I know I read that mom left cellphone for Hailey and her brother to use correct? So if neighbor saw Hailey talking on phone around lunch time how did her brother end up with the phone?? Was phone put in a central location in the home or did brother take phone from her?? I am not pointing fingers but it seems to be a major question whom was the last person to see Hailey.

I believe Hailey was reportedly seen using the phone on December 27th and her brother used the same phone to text MB on December 28th.

If she has an iPod touch - she can access her fb account and post. Depending on picking up a wifi signal..........which is possible anywhere.

Also, to add: I know when my daughter posts to her FB account using her iPod touch, it comes up as posted from an iPhone. Basically the iPod touch is an iPhone minus phoning capability... both use the same OS programming.

Amen! It's not the fault of local LE that this case didn't meet the criteria for an Amber Alert....not their fault that Hailey had been missing for God knows how long before they were notified. I believe they did what they could then called for help when it was determined that they probably weren't dealing with a runaway. I worked dispatch for a tiny police dept. in Nevada.....and, I get VERY upset with some of the comments about small town LE. It's unfair and unfounded and ill informed. Bless you all...

o/t...why is Colorado pronounced Colo-RAY-do instead of Colo-RAH-do like the state?? :waitasec:

We is from Way-st Texas that is why it is Colo-Ray-do not Colo-Rah-do. LOL :seeya:

We is from Way-st Texas that is why it is Colo-Ray-do not Colo-Rah-do. LOL :seeya:

Kinda like Charlotte MI is pronounced "shar-lott" - not to be confused with Charlotte "sharlet" NC.

A question for the locals.

This is intended to be asked respectfully and is not meant to be argumentative in any way. I am truly curious as to the feelings regarding where the investigation would have gone had BD and CD not taken it upon themselves and called in for all the additional help.

From the outside looking in, it seems that none of the other 8 agencies that are there now would have been there if it hadn't been for a few locals finding this site and getting the proverbial ball rolling in regards to media and suggesting Hailey's parents contact other LE agencies aside from the local LE. It has been said and agreed that the local LE was not prepared for something like this, and they were/are doing the best they can, and therefore they don't deserve to be bashed.

However, do any locals feel that Hailey would still be classified as a run away if her parents had done nothing more than trust local LE?

I'm not exactly a local, but from another rural area of Texas. I know where I live the city police, county sheriff's, and state DPS all work well together and are usually aware if one of them is working on something big. The Texas Rangers are part of the DPS and there is probably a Ranger assigned to their county at all times. Also, in smaller, rural communities the same dispatcher may dispatch all of these agencies. I've seen some search and rescue type stuff in my county where 2 or 3 local agencies, DPS troopers, and a TX Ranger were all on scene within a matter of minutes. I feel as though they had more folks on this case than just the interim chief and a couple of officers, with the numbers of officers increasing each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804