TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't her phone one of the throw away phones? I am not sure they have those features. I could be wrong just guessing.

the throw away phones come in different varieties, just like regular cell phones. I believe the affadavit on the phones said it was a blackberry, so it would have a calendar and notepad, etc.

OK, (deep breath) I have to say something.

My daughter was molested by her stepdad for 2 years, beginning when she was 8. I had made it a point to ASK HER all the time if anyone had touched her, beginning when she started school and was out of my care for part of the day. She never said a word about him, even when she told me about a (little girl) neighbor wanting to play "date" and a little boy who wanted to play "show me yours and I'll show you mine".
snip...
YEARS later, she was having some problems so I got her into counseling. The very first day they said that her issues were either the result of being molested, or the result of being biploar. She insisted she had not been molested and began taking medications for bipolar. Over a year later, the tmedications for bipolar for several more years before it occurred to us that t
BTW, He still has 13 years left on his prison sentence, but his first parole hearing is in December of this year. My daughter still has issues.

(ETA) And I will probably never forgive myself.

Please don't blame yourself. You were a victim, along with your daughter. These perps can be very cunning and crafty and it is not that easy to figure out what is happening, other than with 20/20 hindsight.

I was 8 as well when my uncle started his second round of molestation. I started wetting my bed a lot and my mom took me to the doctor for a 'check up.' He began asking questions about my stepfather and that frightened me because I loved him and felt protected by him, even though this other stuff was going on. So I 'admitted' I was drinking a lot of water at night which I wasnt supposed to do. ANYWAY the purpose of this reply is to explain how abuse can be going on, even when the adults are asking about it and trying to reach out to the child,.

I can tell you, there are wild hogs roaming the area of San Jacinto battle ground park..

I go fishing there often and the park rangers always tell us to be on the look out and to be careful..

a couple of wild hogs ended up drowning in the water in front of the monument...yrs ago..

anyhoo, ive been playing catch up, was wishing and praying that Hailey would have been found by now..

Im still praying for Hailey..

see yall l8r, life calls and im gonna kick back w/ the fam

the throw away phones come in different varieties, just like regular cell phones. I believe the affadavit on the phones said it was a blackberry, so it would have a calendar and notepad, etc.

Well if it was a Blackberry it was no throw away and it would have all those features and more. imo Maybe they are looking at what apps were loaded and what searches had been made on the phone.

But, HD's FB postings said they came from and IPhone. So, don't know. I am confused. Doesn't really matter I guess there could be all kinds of info on it regardless of the brand. jmo

Yes, good post. Can't addicts who are "out" become agitated or even violent? I'm still leaning to Sunday night. And funny, it was Monday evening that BD and SA went and refilled their stash. That could mean that Sunday night was a very fitful and restless night.

Yes. Most of these pain pill addictions are of the opiate type: oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone, oxycontin. Remember, all opiate pain meds are a synthetic form of heroin. Over time, more and more is needed to achieve the same affect. People who use them dont "get high" per se, as they would from something like smoking pot. The pain pills make them feel energetic, happy, and just a general feeling of well-being. Some people become addicted innocently enough. Withdrawal can be bad: agitation, insomnia, muscle pain, cramping, diarrhea to name a few. My own addict went 6 days, with absolutely NO SLEEP while in withdrawal while trying to beat the addiction. Top this failure to sleep with the agitation, and yes it can turn ugly if one does not know how to deal with it. (This was a failed attempt, by the way. Most addicts need professional treatment to beat the addiction. My own addict did not/was not able to get clean and free of the addiction until professional treatment was sought out.)

I would also like to mention another drug I have seen mentioned in this case: KLONOPIN. It also a heavily abused drug in the younger generations. An abrupt discontinuance of this drug will cause withdrawals that include: convulsions, psychosis, hallucinations, behavioral disorder, tremor, abdominal and muscle cramps.

He probably is pretty ticked off that she has her friends out making insinuations about his gf and her little boy, too.

I am unclear about something. There have been plenty of insinuation about BD and her bf, but if she reacts more insinuations follow about her motives and involvement. Why does it appear that BD is fair game, but CD is off limits. If the answer is because LE is looking at the bf of BD, therefore she is fair game; isn't it true that LE has been wrong about suspects? Isn't it true that LE have merrily skipped down paths chasing leads that are so off base it's an embarrassment to the profession? If that is the case then why aren't we, as sleuthers, pursuing every possible avenue until we hit a dead end?

snipped respectfully...

A two-year old anecdote from gramma isn't much. If HD was comfortable telling her then, she would have told her if anything else had happened.

Not necessarily. Often abusers make vicious threats. " If you tell anyone I will kill your baby sister."
Since he already made death threats, and even the cops knew it, and nothing happened to him, she had a good reason to fear him already.

Not necessarily. Often abusers make vicious threats. " If you tell anyone I will kill your baby sister."
Since he already made death threats, and even the cops knew it, and nothing happened to him, she had a good reason to fear him already.

Then I will assume they found evidence of sexual activity on her bed sheets...but if they did, I would think they would've arrested SA for molestation just to get him in jail.

But if he made a statement saying he had not called anyone and had not touched that phone it would be significant.

Still...my husband has never made a call using my cell phone, but I would guess his fingerprints would be on it somewhere. He might even say he never "touches" my phone (meaning "messes with it")...but he has brought it to me. Or picked it up when I dropped it.

Re: Insinuation about BD and her bf.... They both have failed polygraphs. Fair game.
I continue to wonder, if BD has nothing to hide, then why in heaven's sake, won't she just take another LDT? I mean seriously, how can one complain about the focus of this case, and yet not be RUNNING to the nearest LE, and pushing for a LDT, to totally clear themself? It would go a long way in moving this case along, IMOO...........And if I had failed a poly, KNEW I didn't do or know anything, I WOULD FIND AN EXPERT IN THE FIELD to do the next one, and trust me.....THERE WOULD BE A NEXT ONE!

I don't know. I think I'll wait for a planned news conference from LE. They are either keeping things close (due to suspicions of family members) or they have nothing.

I think we're all waiting for that news conference from LE... :waiting:

I continue to wonder, if BD has nothing to hide, then why in heaven's sake, won't she just take another LDT? I mean seriously, how can one complain about the focus of this case, and yet not be RUNNING to the nearest LE, and pushing for a LDT, to totally clear themself? It would go a long way in moving this case along, IMOO...........And if I had failed a poly, KNEW I didn't do or know anything, I WOULD FIND AN EXPERT IN THE FIELD to do the next one, and trust me.....THERE WOULD BE A NEXT ONE!

I had a friend that worked for a drug store. Turns out there was money missing so all employees were given a polygraph. My friend failed it. Now she was the most honest person I have ever known. She took several and still fllunked them.

As it turned out the question she failed on was - have you ever taken anything from the store without paying for it. She said 'No'. But, as it turned out the druggist would mix up medicine for employees for their children, etc. and not charge them for it. When she said 'No' to the question, subconsciously she was thinking of the free medicine and the answer showed deceit. Even though she had not taken anything from the store without paying for that was given to her 'free'. So, a lot depends upon not only the question, but what context the question was asked. the man that gave her the test told her he had never had anyone show such honesty even though it was subconscious.

I am sure questions are asked in a tricky manner. But, once having failed a test I might be leary of taking another one too. Especially if I was telling the truth. I just don't know. What was the question that BD showed deceit on, does anyone know. tia

In the "raw video" interview of BD posted last weekend, she was in her home, on a sofa. I'm not sure what happened to cause people to think that her sofa was removed, except that there was an unconfirmed report that a truck parked at Shawn's grandmother's house had a sofa in the back.

In this one small town my son used to play baseball in, it was a joke that if there wasn't a couch in the back of the pickup, then the couch was on the front porch. If the media is chasing couches in pickups for the smoking gun, man are they going to be busy!

Where was SA Tuesday morning? He quit work on Monday morning, so he didn't have to be up early. Did he drive BD to work? Why didn't BD text or call SA and ask him to contact "that little girl" to send Hailey home?

Where was SA Tuesday morning? Before BD reported Hailey missing.

IMO, LE should have (and maybe they did and it's all been kept hush-hush?), the second they suspected foul play of any kind, gotten search warrants and descended on SA's mother's and grandmother's properties and turned them inside out.

IMO, this is the most likely place Hailey and/or evidence of what happened to her is going to be found. If nothing was found at either of these places, then make a new game plan and start searching elsewhere. Next on my list would be any other places SA has an interest in hanging out.

This is also my 'thing' with BD. I don't think she gets, if LE doesn't look where the evidence is pointing, technically you might as well just hang a world map on the wall, blindfold yourself, throw a dart, and start looking there.

Even if she did kick him out after he failed the poly, she seems to have had a change of heart. If she's so sure he's innocent, then who cares what I think, or anyone else. Go to him, talk to him, get him to back it up, talk his mom and grandma into opening up everything. If SA really loves Hailey with his whole heart, this should be a non-issue. IMO, it was way too early in the game for SA to be pulling the "how dare anyone doubt me when my behaviour is so suspicious and I've told several lies" card for him to not be involved.

ITA Dr Fessel and Lanie. I asked this last night, but no one replied. Since a suspect has been named, is there something that is legally stopping LE from searching land and property associated with SA? I'd think these locations would be searched first, then do random searches. Must LE have evidence that specifically points to these locations in order to get a search warrant, anyone know what criteria must be met?

Hope this is not a stupid question. Sleuth in training here. :waitasec:

I think drugged might be correct. One thing I have also thought of is why didn't she use the cell phone to call for help? Or maybe she did and that has not been released. But, I would think that unless it was someone she knew or she was knocked out, etc. she would have used the phone to alert that something bad was going on.jmo

He could have quite simply stated that the reason he was home from work was because her mom was in an accident and they had to get to the hospital. She would have left willingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member