TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure it matters if LE eventually confirms that Hailey was seen out and about that morning. It may just narrow down the amount of time SA had to do whatever he did, if it turns out he did something to Hailey. She may have been restained in the house when DD came in at 4pm.

And if she really did walk out of the house at 3pm intending to go to her dad's, then someone got very "lucky" to be in the "right" place to grab her, vanish and leave no trace in just, presumably, moments.

Yep...and oh yeah, she's talking to him...

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23579
Yep and again; its not what BD says - its what she doesn't say.

The "pulling teeth" exchange with NG was over this exact thing. Has BD ever asked SA any of the big questions. At that time, BD was denying speaking with him - said the people he was staying with wouldn't let him talk to her and/or his attorney wouldn't let him talk to her.

But, now we find out - she is talking to him. So, has she asked the BIG questions yet? If she has - then why not tell what he's saying. Even if he's lying to her - tell what he's saying about it.

She doesn't lie. She omits (purposely) JMHO

I keep hearing over and over that if people just knew everything, if they only knew the timeline as tight as it could be made, then it would help in locating Hailey. I am desperate. I will do anything to get Hailey home. I realize I will make mistakes, and probably look like a fool sometimes, but I dont care if it will increase the chances of finding Hailey at all.

Have you all considered creating a website? That way you could keep the site updated, all information in one place, etc. I realize Billie doesn't have a computer/internet access but i'm sure something could be worked out. I don't think a press conference would do much. For one thing, I really don't think enough coverage would be given, in full, to cover everything. That would leave you back to where you are now with other stations/papers, etc. only picking out certain things to cover in a 15 second segment...KWIM?

Yep and again; its not what BD says - its what she doesn't say.

The "pulling teeth" exchange with NG was over this exact thing. Has BD ever asked SA any of the big questions. At that time, BD was denying speaking with him - said the people he was staying with wouldn't let him talk to her and/or his attorney wouldn't let him talk to her.

But, now we find out - she is talking to him. So, has she asked the BIG questions yet? If she has - then why not tell what he's saying. Even if he's lying to her - tell what he's saying about it.

She doesn't lie. She omits (purposely) JMHO

Yes WOO. Not only purposeful omission, but can't even speak in any particular tense (other than past)? Given the 7 secs from NG, other parents have no issue with that. They can speak in 1 tense. Why can't BD?

I am not sure it matters if LE eventually confirms that Hailey was seen out and about that morning. It may just narrow down the amount of time SA had to do whatever he did, if it turns out he did something to Hailey. She may have been restained in the house when DD came in at 4pm.

And if she really did walk out of the house at 3pm intending to go to her dad's, then someone got very "lucky" to be in the "right" place to grab her, vanish and leave no trace in just, presumably, moments.
Its absolutely possible for her to have walked up that drive that goes along the side of those duplexes leading to her dad's and have gotten grabbed. It only takes 30 seconds.

IMO
I have seen so many evasive and conflicting answers in simple straight-forward questions. These were not "trick" questions from LE. Wonder what BD thinks she is going to accomplish with a press conference. Reading from a prepared statement? BD should sit down with LE and honestlyanswer all their questions. Then she should take a follow-up LDT with an organization she "trusts" (FBI?) to prove that she answered truthfully the questions put to her by LE.
It is up to BD to work with LE to show that she has nothing to hide, so they can pursue this case in another direction if necessary.
Accusing LE of incompetence while feeding them useless unverifiable information is a waste of time and effort of those who have attempted to find HD. This case cannot move forward without facts. Right now it appears to be as frustrating as looking for a needle in a haystack. But, they aren't looking for a needle, they are looking for a beautiful thirteen-year-old who is unexplicitly "missing". This is getting sadder each day.
IMO

Its absolutely possible for her to have walked up that drive that goes along the side of those duplexes leading to her dad's and have gotten grabbed. It only takes 30 seconds.
Yes it does. And with stranger abductions - they snatch and grab, do what they do, and dispose - usually within the first 3 hours. The disposal is usually a quick dump - side of the road, out in a field, under a bush. The perp moves on and doesn't really give a flip about anyone including LE finding the body.

Hailey is well hidden. Very very well hidden. Why? Possibly because the perp is closely connected and can't just move on - therefore making the need to carefully hide her even more.

I just strongly feel that if this was a stranger abduction - they would have found her by now.

Yes it does. And with stranger abductions - they snatch and grab, do what they do, and dispose - usually within the first 3 hours. The disposal is usually a quick dump - side of the road, out in a field, under a bush. The perp moves on and doesn't really give a flip about anyone including LE finding the body.

Hailey is well hidden. Very very well hidden. Why? Possibly because the perp is closely connected and can't just move on - therefore making the need to carefully hide her even more.

I just strongly feel that if this was a stranger abduction - they would have found her by now.
I do too, but there are many roads there and surely they haven't searched 40 ft off the sides of all those roads.

I do too, but there are many roads there and surely they haven't searched 40 ft off the sides of all those roads.
****WARNING GRAPHIC*****

You're probably right. But they've had helicopters up for aerial views and that crop duster that helped the search group last weekend.

I'm sure the searchers and LE are being very aware of the vultures in the area and watching and, more importanly checking, the areas where they see vulture/buzzard activity.

I am not questioning LE. And when I said people are confused by hearing a piece of the story here and a bit of it there, I did not necessarily mean anyone here at WS..... I meant people in general.

As to the timeline, look at how everyone (again, not just here) reacted when whatever station it was that aired it. And the one that is posted on KTXS. The best one I have seen is Bean's, and while I might not agree with everything she has, it is by far the most comprehensive... and IMO she put more work into it on her own time than any reporter who was paid to do it has.

As far as the confusion goes, I have been with Billie during more than one interview...... and no matter how much detail she goes into, things get cut, for whatever reason. I thought that if she said everything, start to finish, in front of more than one reporter, there was a much better chance of everything being released.

Honestly, and no disrespect intended, it doesn't really matter what the public thinks of Billie. She has told LE everything she knows, and more than once. I am afraid that if people think she is withholding information/covering for someone/involved in any way with Hailey's disappearance, then people will assume that Hailey is no longer alive - why else would she not be truthful. I never meant to say that no one would quit looking for Hailey, only that they would then only be looking for a body, and not searching faces when they were out walking, or in the store, or wherever they go.

The press conference at this time...... because the media is becoming disinterested in the case.
Yes, she is mentioned from time to time, but her face needs to be plastered all over the TV at intervals all day long. And we hope that PK and also Clint will make statements.

I keep hearing over and over that if people just knew everything, if they only knew the timeline as tight as it could be made, then it would help in locating Hailey. I am desperate. I will do anything to get Hailey home. I realize I will make mistakes, and probably look like a fool sometimes, but I dont care if it will increase the chances of finding Hailey at all.

I don't believe Billie caused most of the confusion. Some of it, yeah, probably. But not intentionally. She is not purposely clouding anything. Of course she is going to make a mistake, or misspeak, or not remember something correctly. But as soon as she realizes it, she corrects it. And that does cause some confusion, but it also causes people to think she is lying or making things up. And she is not.

Some things just haven't been covered. For instance, what time and why she left work early. (And I may not say this exactly right - I dont have my notes in front of me, and I am not digging them out. I am just giving an example) She left early because there was a staff meeting at work, her relief was there and nice enough to tell Billie to go ahead and go home since she was already there, that she had it covered. These are the things that I am talking about clearing up. LE already knows this, and everything else. Maybe the 'public' doesn't need to know. But it is not going to hurt to let them know.

RBBM: The media became disinterested when BD made her comment about the Nancy Grace ratings. Personally, I feel that was uncalled for and way out of line. I am sure BD felt that way, but she should have voiced it privately, not to a reporter. NG was her best hope for keeping Hailey's disappearance in the forefront. NG is most definitely not my favorite person, but she did keep Hailey's name in the news. Most parents who have a missing child would LOVE to have that kind of exposure for their missing child. IOW, they would have put their personal feelings about the questions that NG was asking aside, and just said no comment, or I prefer not to answer that question. All the while reminding viewers that Hailey is still missing, please keep looking for her.

There are things that the "public" doesn't need to know, especially if it will compromise the case that LE is building. She should take LE's wishes into consideration before doing this, because she may accidentally reveal something that LE doesn't want to be revealed. Personally, I would feel more comfortable if BD would NOT give a press conference. I feel like a press conference would be more about deflecting accusations away from SA and herself than it would be about Hailey. However, if she decides a press conference is the way to go, she should just talk about Hailey, not about the "suspect," Nancy Grace, or bash LE.

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

****WARNING GRAPHIC*****

You're probably right. But they've had helicopters up for aerial views and that crop duster that helped the search group last weekend.

I'm sure the searchers and LE are being very aware of the vultures in the area and watching and, more importanly checking, the areas where they see vulture/buzzard activity.
Those birds work quick, real quick.

IMO
I think it may be quite possible to get a "witness" to see what you want them to see. If you question some people, keep asking, "are you sure?" Do you think it might have been Monday, not Sunday?" You are sure? Some people are not that confident of what they believe and may be easily swayed into thinking that they must have been mistaken, and begin to believe the interrogator. Keep pounding away, in a friendly, not intimidating manner, and sometimes you get results that are more satisfactory. I am not saying that the witnesses BD keeps bringing up deliberately lied, but two days can leave a bit of uncertainty by someone anxious to "be helpful".

IMO

Three day weekends confuse alot of people. Sunday should be Monday but its not.

Here is something I am wondering about. LE says that Hailey is on tape in a store Sunday. I wonder if, before releasing that footage, everyone who says they saw Hailey on Monday described her as wearing something different than what she has on in the video Sunday. That is of course if those people could remember the what she had on and at least two of them matched. Would that make LE give those sightings more credibility?

And just to clarify on the press conference - Billie is not going to reveal any details of LE's investigation. She was just going to let everyone know what happened on those three days, and talk about Hailey, and thank everyone for all that they are doing.

LE already knows what she will be saying because she has told them over and over. The main purpose is to try to get more media coverage for Hailey, and then to go over what happened in those three days. And sitting down, writing out, and saying everything again can't hurt. It might even help. Maybe somebody's memory will be jogged. Who knows.

That question was so poorly worded it was hard to be sure of WHAT she was asking

I think she meant the NARCOTIC (Vicodin). I was under the impression (until this case) that narcotics were opium derivatives, like heroin, morphine, codeine and oxycodone, hydrocodone, and oxycontin.

It seems the term has been expanded to include most all drugs, including marijuana, and lorazepam, clonazipam, and diazepam as well.

When I got busted for selling my pills I got 2 separate charges.. "sale of a controlled substance" for the Klonopin and "sale of narcotics" for the Oxycontin. Though I don't know if that is a state by state thing or if it is part of the federal mandate. I always just assumed it was federal because of the Controlled Substance Act and the DEA's guidelines but I suppose it could be state by state (ya know what they say about assuming :crazy:).

Here is something I am wondering about. LE says that Hailey is on tape in a store Sunday. I wonder if, before releasing that footage, everyone who says they saw Hailey on Monday described her as wearing something different than what she has on in the video Sunday. That is of course if those people could remember the what she had on and at least two of them matched. Would that make LE give those sightings more credibility?
I think that would depend on what information they have to refute the witnesses' accounts. I also think that they would have asked that question when they interviewed them the first time. It's a pretty routine question.

I dunno - would I remember what a person was wearing? If I saw someone at the store - and recognized them - my recollection would be focused on their face - yeah I saw this person! - but would think my recollection would stop there - and not really remember what they were wearing unless it was something out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01