TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was reported was that family members said that four people failed polys... and that Shawn had been cleared.

That's different from it being reported that several people failed their poly, and there have been no reports that anyone failed except from Billie that she and Shawn failed.

That same day that the family said four people failed and Shawn was cleared, notably, LE said that they had told no one whether they had passed or failed a poly. It seemed to me that LE was letting it be known as best they could that nobody but Billie and Shawn had failed.

Especially with that blatant lie that Shawn - the named suspect - had been cleared!

Respectfully, BBM. We now know that this is not true, based on the info in the SWs. Just saying.

Billie says it was a man, "he threatened to hurt me and Hailey", "police haven't talked to him...".

What man hurls a threat at a mother and daughter-- enough that someone else reported it to police? It makes me think about Hailey's sports involvement-- maybe a parent gone wild? :waitasec:

They cannot arrest him without a body imo. And we may never have one. God forbid.

BBM. Yes they can. LE and the DA's would rather have a body. But sometimes they have to proceed toward trial without one.

What man hurls a threat at a mother and daughter-- enough that someone else reported it to police? It makes me think about Hailey's sports involvement-- maybe a parent gone wild? :waitasec:
I've had that thought as well. But not with the sports - more like a "frenemey" fight between girls. Why else involve Hailey? Maybe the "girls" had a tiff and things were said betwix a gaggle of girls and some of that got back to a father who eventually was out "knocking a few back" with the guys and "things" were said. Then once after the "fog cleared" someone in that crowd remember what was said and reported it.

IDK - I'm not saying this happened at all. Just trying to see scenerios where both Hailey and BD were threatened.

AND in JMHO I see this latest "threat" revelation as petty, unrelated, and is being used as a decoy or ruse or even a deflection as to seeing the "whole picture" of what happened to Hailey.

Well look at it another way. Who was the person that reported this so called threat? What was their relationship to Billie and Hailey? What was his/her relationship to the person he/she reported? What were the circumstances around the alleged threat? Had something occurred in the previous weeks or days that led up to this event? I think this is a huge piece of the mystery here.

And in the same video in which BD is talking about this mystery person, you have the Police Spokesperson talking about why they are searching the area known to "Mr. A" , the named suspect in this case.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336276&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Just so I can get this straight in my mind.
A year ago, someone went to LE to file a report, that someone came to them and made threats against Billie and Hailey and thought it credible enough to report it to LE.
LE takes the report but does not think it is credible enough, at the time, to contact Billie and inform her of the threats against her and her daughter.
Billie reports her daughter missing a month ago, LE sits on the threat report for over two weeks, then informs Billie of the report that they had a year ago.
Why does this seem so strange to me? Is there something very off with LE in that town, that if a report of threats against a mother and her daughter aren't important enough, to let the Mother know of these, at the time it was reported?

This is all according to Billie, FWIW.

Jan 26th....
Dunn would like to see investigators focus more on the witnesses who claim to have seen Hailey on Monday, Dec. 27 “It makes a big difference how everyone thinks if Hailey was seen later,” she said

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/haileys-mom-clings-hope

Jan 29th

Hailey's mom now says she thinks there is another person to be investigated.

Investigators know about it but haven't questioned him. They can't find him. He did threaten to hurt me and Hailey and he hasn't been talked to and he hasn't been found," said Dunn.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336276

Im confused... in the last three days.. Billie's found another person to focus on.....

Just a thought....could it be an ex-girlfriend of SA..did BD steal him away from someone and that ticked her off hince the threat? Just a thought...

Billie says the person making the threat is a "he".

At this time of the year the Buzzards are gone in that area. They migrate to the Southern part of Texas .

I drive about 1800 miles a month in many of the rural counties in west Texas and something is swarming the roadkill.. maybe because the weather has been so warm the buzzards have not migrated??

I thought Marc Klaas made it pretty cut and dried when he said that the first thing all parents of a missing child need to do is pass a polygraph so they can be positively eliminated from the suspect pool. Clint is being refused a test when he asks for it. Why?

See Lisa, that's the thing though - CD is NOT in the suspect pool. LE has made it very clear who the suspect is in this case. MOO.

BBM to indicate the part I am addressing

I don't understand why Clint was not asked to take a polygraph. As you say, the suspect pool was narrowed to Billie and Clint, yet he was cleared by virtue of NOT taking a polygraph and claiming not to have seen her that day? How does that make sense? Unless he was in police custody on another matter during the window of time during which Hailey disappeared, I don't understand why they are so sure he could not know anything at all about what happened.

Also, in the first interview you quoted, Sparky never said AND. He said OR. Could just be a nitpicky semantics thing, but maybe not.

I don't understand why anyone close to hailey was not given a LTd????

We always heard you start with the family and work out!

Clint and GF needs to take LDT. IMO

I don't know what evidence LE has, except what was released in the SW. And, of course, they're going to only put all the bad stuff they can think of in there (leaving out anything positive), so they can get the SW.

It's been reported that several people failed their polys, not just SA and BD. So, are these people being focused on as well?

BBM

I am not privy to LE's investigation, other than what they have released. What I do know, however, is LE released information they were looking into something in Tennessee. I also know the information released shows the direct opposite of SA having any opportunity from AFTER DD saw Hailey at 9pm Sunday night to be able to slip under the radar and make it all the way to TN and back, so , going by that information, I think it's ok for me to assume they are looking at other things besides SA exclusively. MOO.

Well look at it another way. Who was the person that reported this so called threat? What was their relationship to Billie and Hailey? What was his/her relationship to the person he/she reported? What were the circumstances around the alleged threat? Had something occurred in the previous weeks or days that led up to this event? I think this is a huge piece of the mystery here.

And in the same video in which BD is talking about this mystery person, you have the Police Spokesperson talking about why they are searching the area known to "Mr. A" , the names suspect in this case.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336276&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I haven't been following this case post-by-post in the last few days, so I may be saying something that's already been said: it seems to be that if LE received a report by a 3rd party, then they would go to the person the threat was made against to verify and see if that person wants to make a report/file charges. Otherwise it's just 'hearsay'.

I know that LE here has been under scrutiny especially since the release of the 911 tapes, but I don't believe they would just discard a 3rd-party report of an incident and not follow up with the person who was threatened.

Please correct me if I'm coming in late and getting the story wrong.

JMHO.

BBM

I am not privy to LE's investigation, other than what they have released. What I do know, however, is LE released information they were looking into something in Tennessee. I also know the information released shows the direct opposite of SA having any opportunity from AFTER DD saw Hailey at 9pm Sunday night to be able to slip under the radar and make it all the way to TN and back, so , going by that information, I think it's ok for me to assume they are looking at other things besides SA exclusively. MOO.

The LE investigation in Tennessee it has been announced was discredited.

I haven't been following this case post-by-post in the last few days, so I may be saying something that's already been said: it seems to be that if LE received a report by a 3rd party, then they would go to the person the threat was made against to verify and see if that person wants to make a report/file charges. Otherwise it's just 'hearsay'.

I know that LE here has been under scrutiny especially since the release of the 911 tapes, but I don't believe they would just discard a 3rd-party report of an incident and not follow up with the person who was threatened.

Please correct me if I'm coming in late and getting the story wrong.

JMHO.

I think is is difficult to know or speculate on anything until we hear the details of this alleged threat. Too many unknowns IMO to make any guesses why LE did or didn't do anything.

My point being how credible is this person who reported the threat?

Can anyone get a copy of the police report from a year ago would it be public?

Respectfully, BBM. We now know that this is not true, based on the info in the SWs. Just saying.

I don't know that. I don't see anywhere in the SW affidavit that it says LE told either of them that they failed (or passed).

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...page/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/Affidavit .PDF

When KTXS asked Billie - twice - each time she asserted that what LE told her there was "deception indicated".

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26401950/detail.html

It is my belief based on the info currently available that LE told neither of them that either they or anyone else passed or failed.

They cannot arrest him without a body imo. And we may never have one. God forbid.

I agree; prosecutors always prefer a body before making an arrest. LE is keeping a close eye on SA (and others), hopefully the risk to others is therefore minimal.

I believe LE is thoroughly investigating all the circumstantial evidence against the suspect and pois now to rule people in and out of having any involvement. This can be done while the search for Hailey continues. They are also liking ruling out any possibility of alternative suspects (and Hailey sightings) that they anticipate could be introduced by a defense attorney to create reasonable doubt, imo.

If/when a body is found, the physical and circumstantial evidence will need to be presented to a jury so as to leave no reasonable doubt as to who was involved. LE will not jump the gun and arrest someone without all of the dots connected tightly; they won't risk letting the perp(s) get off without justice for Hailey, imo. I suspect (hope) if Hailey is not found within a certain amount of time, an arrest(s) and trial will occur if there is overwhelming circumstantial evidence that she is dead and LE has ruled out all other logical possibilities and potential suspects.

FWIW: Still clinging to hope that Hailey is alive. I think there is still a possibility that she was forced/encouraged/aided in leaving the house by SA and/or BD for reasons not yet disclosed to us. Maybe LE still has reasons to believe this as well. Thus, even if they are confident about the "whos", they aren't sure of what crime to charge him and/or her with at this time...

Do you have a link for the bolded part?

I don't know if you consider this a link or not, but this is where I read it.

Maybe Velouria has a link.

Post by Velouria: Thread 44 Post 426

Well, we know Hailey herself questioned why he was having another kid when he couldn't take care of the two he already had.

I don't believe he was paying child support, but I'd have to check czgtz's posts or ask her to confirm.
I DO believe he loves his kids, and is doing everything he can to find Hailey. And I in no way think he is involved in his daughter's disappearance.

What I'm wondering is how much of a danger this person's threat was if

1 - LE didn't feel a need to warn Billie, and

2 - the person didn't act on it in more than a whole year.

And

a - how many cases there are of someone getting angry with a mom and her child and holding that anger for more than an entire year and only then disappearing the child.

When's the last time Billie or Hailey saw or heard from this guy?

When's the last time anybody in the neighborhood has seen or heard from this guy?

When's the last time that anybody in the neighborhood has seen or heard of anybody except Shawn threatening Billie and Hailey?

How much or little of a true and imminent and grave threat was this guy in the days leading up to Hailey's disappearance?

Did Shawn the named suspect see this guy while he was tooling around town that Monday? Did anybody?

Did anybody see anybody lurking around the house or the neighborhood that day?

Did Billie or Shawn the named suspect or D or Hailey or the neighbors hear any strange noises around their houses in the days leading up to Hailey's disappearance?

Did Hailey mention to anyone that anybody seemed to be stalking her (other than Shawn the named suspect outside her bedroom door)?

Were there any men that Hailey expressed a dislike for (other than Shawn the named suspect)?

And finally, does Billie have a poly scheduled yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000