TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, Sorry, I'm knee deep in thoughts and Hubby is home cause of the weather and I need my milk and ativan.

LMBO no problem it is the way I worded it. -20 degrees here tonight with ice everywhere and snow on top. -35 degrees with wind chill this morning. This is unusual cold for us. Blah.........

I know I agree. What I tried to say is that I went back and checked the Hairdresser statement. And according to the hairdresser the timeline was 10:30am to 1:00pm. So I'm not sure how BD zeroed in on noon.

So what do you make of BD saying "he" in the PC regarding that time frame? I could be wrong but I'm almost 100% certain she says "he". Mistake? Someone else? :waitasec:

So what do you make of BD saying "he" in the PC regarding that time frame? I could be wrong but I'm almost 100% certain she says "he". Mistake? Someone else? :waitasec:

I'll go back in a bit to listen. :)

I recall SA and Billie saying it was worrisome that Hailey took nothing with her....scary, even. But, Billie told NG that it was normal for Hailey to go spend the night with friends with "only the clothes on her back"...so, which is it?? Normal or scary? :waitasec:

Snyder (work) to Dunn (Gm's) +25-30 minutes. (I added in knocking and whatever.)

Dunn to C.City (I-20) + 18 minutes.

C.City to Big Spring +47 minutes.

6:10 + 1:35 minutes.

ETA in Big Spring 7:45, I said 7:35 before, I misspoke. So I can buy the around "8"....but the phone didn't start pinging in Big Spring until 9:38.
\
I think the stop by Dunn never happened(aka BS) it was put in there(probably at the request of SA during the "friendly" phone calls ) to account for some time that was actually spent back at BD house in CC covering something up or moving something or someone MOO

But the biggest question for me right now is WHY no one is mentioning anything about the time line Tuesday for SA. And no "He was at his mother's", does not cut it.

SA dropped BD off at work at 7 am. She talks about what all was done the rest of the time. Then SA magically appears at 4pm, in time to talk to LE, so again I say ppppfffffttttt on the not knowing he didn't come home until 3 until the next day. They left it at 1 (time of disappearance) for some reason.

But I digress. Where was SA from 7-4, that's 9 hours. You can do a lot of covering up in 9 hours.

YOUR RIGHT there hasnt been much said about Tues. hummmm:waitasec:

The text was at 2pm right? So we have pings showing SA still in the Big Spring area until 2:46. Yesterday BD said SA left Big Spring around 2. I'm guessing BD's phone was not in Big Spring to send a text, otherwise...SA would be in jail, so who sent the text from BD's phone? SA could have left his phone at his mother's came home and sent the text, but that is really cutting the time line CLOSE. In fact I'm not real sure he could have done it, so WHO sent the text?

\
I think the stop by Dunn never happened(aka BS) it was put in there(probably at the request of SA during the "friendly" phone calls ) to account for some time that was actually spent back at BD house in CC covering something up or moving something or someone MOO

I agree, but it's was a (questionable) move because we already know he was pinging in C.City from 6:35 -6:56. She has to know that's more than driving through............it's like she completely discounts the pings.

The text to MB....was it in the affidavits?

The text was at 2pm right? So we have pings showing SA still in the Big Spring area until 2:46. Yesterday BD said SA left Big Spring around 2. I'm guessing BD's phone was not in Big Spring to send a text, otherwise...SA would be in jail, so who sent the text from BD's phone? SA could have left his phone at his mother's came home and sent the text, but that is really cutting the time line CLOSE. In fact I'm not real sure he could have done it, so WHO sent the text?

I have the feeling the 2pm text ping is what makes him the suspect. Just a feeling...

One thing that bothers me about BD's statement and the fact that she doesn't understand why the reported witness sitings on the 27th aren't being taken seriously is what she implies by saying that.

If those sitings are correct, then HD left the house around 10am and went over to CD's house. She picked up NS's son and went somewhere with him for either 11/2 hours or 21/2 hours, depending on what version of the hairdresser siting timeline we use. She may have come home before noon, dropped off NS's son at home and gone home to make a phone call and hang around the backyard for a half hour while talking on the phone. Or she may have just taken the child home sometime around 1pm and the phone call siting was wrong. Which is very easy to determine with the phone records.

At 2pm she texted her friend but never got a response.

At 3pm when SA got home, HD was lying around the livingroom watching television. They apparently didn't say anything to each other until 15 minutes later when HD just got up and announced she was going to stop in at her father's on her way to her friend's house where she was planning on spending the night.

So she may or may not have stopped in at CD's house "for a minute" (this would be the second time that day she was at CD's house) and then she proceeded to go to MB's house.

By 8:36 that evening, HD, MB and an unknown teenage boy were hanging around a local plaza.

Now when you put all these sitings together, it might seem like a normal day for a teenager off school. But to believe it, you have to believe that CD, NS, MB, CG and an unknown teenage boy are all conspiring to keep HD missing and they are all lying about the events of that day.

The sitings of HD walking with a young child and the phone in the backyard seem to contradict each other.

The siting of HD walking with a young child and the siting of HD hanging around the plaza contradict each other too because they each indicate a different family is lying. Unless BD would have us believe that MB's family and CD's family are in this together.

So which siting exactly does BD want LE to believe or focus on? Which family does she want to be scrutinized? I'm sure they have all been interrogated, and there's a good chance that all of their alibis and movements for that day don't support the witness sitings. Just what does BD expect LE to tell her other than we cannot corroborate the sitings with what we believe happened that day and your boyfriend is now the #1 suspect in your daughter's disappearance. What about that doesn't she understand?

Her boyfriend's timeline is all over the place or non existent in places. She admitted that he lied about his whereabouts for two days to her. LE have more than just cell pings. They have computer data from at least two different computers that SA used. They have witness accounts from people at his work and likely neighbors of his mother. They have tips that were called in, possibly putting SA in places where he shouldn't have been those days and possible video surveillance from around the towns involved. We have no idea what information LE has on him but it appears that they have enough to believe that he and possibly some other person or persons associated with him are responsible for HD's disappearance. Right now they seem to be focusing on what SA did with her during those two days.

MOO

Two neighbors at noon in the yard. And the text at 2 not mentioned.

My brain is totally fried with this stuff.

Two of my neighbors came forward to say they saw Hailey in my back yard around noon.

Another neighbor said he saw Hailey and a small dark boy, probably Naomi’s son, two times between 10:30 and noon.

A woman who knows Hailey, and the friend she was supposed to spend the night with, saw them both walking together in front of Alco around 8:30pm. This woman was returning a movie to the Redbox, and passed by them. She still had a receipt, and brought it by and showed it to me the other day, with the date of the 27th, and the time of 8:36.

BBM

I can see Billie clinging on to this proclaimed sighting whether she's completely uninvolved or not (for very different reasons depending on which one, of course). But, if LE tells her that the FBI has investigated and it's ruled out, I think it's time for her to accept that and move on and focus on more likely avenues that lead to Hailey.

The Alco Disount Department store on Hickory Boulevard has surveillance video - already confirmed by LE. Hailey and MB are not not on the tape for Monday night and the folks who work at the store did not see Hailey and her friend's outside; that would have been checked first thing. The Redbox lady may have a receipt, but that really means nothing as she could have seen Hailey and others at another time at that same place and simply be mistaken, or she could have seen other kids and when the news broke wondered (then believed) she saw Hailey. Any number of possibilities; some quite innocent and common.

As others here have attested with good personal examples, eye witness testimony is scarily unreliable. Dateline (or 48 Hours?) recently did an episode where a memorable event was enacted and just minutes later the witnesses to it were asked to describe and identify key aspects. Many of the witnesses swore up and down about various details and memories - it was absolutely shocking to me (and them!) how wrong they were. Add to this the fact that MB has been interrogated and maybe poly'd (and possibly alibi'd to the hilt elsewhere) and I think it's time for Billie to write this one off.

Imo, if LE isn't telling her why exactly they have ruled-out the 12/27 sightings, there is a reason. Could be because she is still friendly with their suspect or that some of what they found while investigating could tip off another POI. Billie doesn't know who the other POIs are (she said yesterday) and it appears from statements by Kampfer following the NG bloodhound announcement and the mystery man interview that she has released sensitive/unconfirmed information against LE's advisement and/or without their consent. If Billie's completely uninvolved with Hailey's disappearance, I completely understand how she would want to know these details, but I would hope that she wouldn't know them at the cost of jeopardizing the effort to find her daughter and put the guilty party(s) away.

I think we're back on the living room couch between 9 p.m. 12/26 and 7:00 a.m. 12/27 for last sightings and that's the best focal point for finding out what happened to Hailey. All JMO.

Thank you. I know some property is owned elsewhere, so I apologize if I thought that was where she lived. (I changed my original post.) Then it may fit the timeline then. I still think it was very odd to stop and see your grandmother at 6:20-6:30-ish in the morning, kwim?

But it was mentioned for a reason.

This is the house that I know iof, the one where SA would sit on the front porch and watch the searchers. I also agree it's odd...and Billie said "they didn't come to the door"...well I wouldn't either that early!

Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer says the witness statements mentioned by Billie could not be validated.

And another quote.

Billie expressed frustration with Police that they have not named other suspects, to which Kampfer responded, "Right now, we have lots of suspicion, things that are put together that lead to a person of interest, Shawn Adkins."

This is not an old quote. These are quotes from yesterday.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26683573/detail.html

And another

Kampfer said Monday he did not attend the press conference because it would "Be out of line for me to be involved in a press conference along with her, there may be some things we disagree with."

Nope. On NG, BD mentioned it and then PK later verified it in one of the local reports. Maybe someone has the linkage.....

Garcia says on the day Hailey disappeared, Mary beth received a text message that said "what are you doing?"

She says the message was sent from Hailey's mother's cell phone at about 2 o'clock, which Hailey always used, but Garcia says she worries that there is no evidence to prove Hailey sent that message.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

This is the house that I know iof, the one where SA would sit on the front porch and watch the searchers. I also agree it's odd...and Billie said "they didn't come to the door"...well I wouldn't either that early!

I missed this when did Billie say this? Thanks.

One thing that bothers me about BD's statement and the fact that she doesn't understand why the reported witness sitings on the 27th aren't being taken seriously is what she implies by saying that.

If those sitings are correct, then HD left the house around 10am and went over to CD's house. She picked up NS's son and went somewhere with him for either 11/2 hours or 21/2 hours, depending on what version of the hairdresser siting timeline we use. She may have come home before noon, dropped off NS's son at home and gone home to make a phone call and hang around the backyard for a half hour while talking on the phone. Or she may have just taken the child home sometime around 1pm and the phone call siting was wrong. Which is very easy to determine with the phone records.

At 2pm she texted her friend but never got a response.

At 3pm when SA got home, HD was lying around the livingroom watching television. They apparently didn't say anything to each other until 15 minutes later when HD just got up and announced she was going to stop in at her father's on her way to her friend's house where she was planning on spending the night.

So she may or may not have stopped in at CD's house "for a minute" (this would be the second time that day she was at CD's house) and then she proceeded to go to MB's house.

By 8:36 that evening, HD, MB and an unknown teenage boy were hanging around a local plaza.

Now when you put all these sitings together, it might seem like a normal day for a teenager off school. But to believe it, you have to believe that CD, NS, MB, CG and an unknown teenage boy are all conspiring to keep HD missing and they are all lying about the events of that day.

The sitings of HD walking with a young child and the phone in the backyard seem to contradict each other.

The siting of HD walking with a young child and the siting of HD hanging around the plaza contradict each other too because they each indicate a different family is lying. Unless BD would have us believe that MB's family and CD's family are in this together.

So which siting exactly does BD want LE to believe or focus on? Which family does she want to be scrutinized? I'm sure they have all been interrogated, and there's a good chance that all of their alibis and movements for that day don't support the witness sitings. Just what does BD expect LE to tell her other than we cannot corroborate the sitings with what we believe happened that day and your boyfriend is now the #1 suspect in your daughter's disappearance. What about that doesn't she understand?

Her boyfriend's timeline is all over the place or non existent in places. She admitted that he lied about his whereabouts for two days to her. LE have more than just cell pings. They have computer data from at least two different computers that SA used. They have witness accounts from people at his work and likely neighbors of his mother. They have tips that were called in, possibly putting SA in places where he shouldn't have been those days and possible video surveillance from around the towns involved. We have no idea what information LE has on him but it appears that they have enough to believe that he and possibly some other person or persons associated with him are responsible for HD's disappearance. Right now they seem to be focusing on what SA did with her during those two days.

MOO

Very good job.

I snipped for length. I have to agree with you. I have kids, and you always know when they have been in the kitchen lol I was thinking about this today too, and of course, I don't think we will get any answers from BD anytime soon on any of it. Another thing I was thinking, I have a teenage daughter, now 18, but at 13, I knew when she had gone out anywhere by the looks of my bathroom, and what was on the counter (hairspray/brush/make-up), or what was not put away. Just a thought.
I hope LE asked her some of these questions in those first interviews with her.

Exactly! You are totally correct about a 13 yr old GIRL getting ready to go ANYWHERE!..THERE IS DEFINITE EVIDENCE LEFT IN DISARRAY..
I hope to that LE asked things at the get go tho I feel most likely they didnt:(..mainly cuz they seemed to be so focused towards runaway:(

But IMO Billie knows these answers..the very answers to those questions that you and I just asked..and I know in my heart of hearts that as a momma{disconnected or not}she knows whether her 13 yr old girl was there all day..majority of the day..etc..I know sadly that she knows just by whats listed in that affidavit that was left behind of Hailey's..cash money..her brand new ipod..her favorite jacket{the one we see her in all those pics..the one friends say she would HAVE NEVER GONE ANYWHERE WITHOUT IT}..

Those few items..alone.. IMO as a mom speak loudly..and I know in Billie's heart she knows for certain by what condition her bedroom..kitchen..bathroom were in..and by the items that HAILEY DID NOT TAKE WITH HER TO HER DESTINATION..:(

Sadly I know that Hailey never left that house of her own free will..I have my doubts that she even left that house alive..so very sad..but Its what I feel is more than likely absolutely true:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E.Layne